PDA

View Full Version : Party Nights

LuLu Baby
29th-June-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi, I was just wondering what a party night is like? There is one on at my regular venue tomorrow, and I'm thinking of going along. But I'm a beginner, only started dancing about 3 weeks ago. Does that matter? Is it just the people who go to the classes, or are you meant to take a partner?

Thanks,

LuLu xx

Tiggerbabe
29th-June-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi Lulu,

The Marcos party nights are always very well attended so I'd say "go for it". There will be many forumites there, so if you can introduce yourself, all the better. You don't need to take a partner. My advice would be to make sure you are there in time for the fun class, this way you can get to meet some people over the class and increase the likelihood of getting dances with them later on.

It doesn't matter that you've only been dancing for a short while, freestyles are great fun, and a fantastic way to improve your dancing by enoying the chance to dance until 1am :D

LuLu Baby
29th-June-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks Tiggerbabe :cheers:

I'm going to go, I'm sure it will be fun! :D

LuLu xx

purplehyacinth
29th-June-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd say "go for it".

:yeah:

There will be many forumites there,

possibly even including a purpleheather - please feel free to wave if you spot me.

so if you can introduce yourself, all the better.

You don't need to take a partner.
:yeah: :yeah:

It doesn't matter that you've only been dancing for a short while, freestyles are great fun, and a fantastic way to improve your dancing by enoying the chance to dance until 1am :D

Hmmm feel I've maybe used that smillie a bit too much. In summary - I agree with everything Tiggerbabe has said. Go for it, go to the party and enjoy yourself.

Bravetart
30th-June-2007, 12:20 AM
Hi, I was just wondering what a party night is like? There is one on at my regular venue tomorrow, and I'm thinking of going along. But I'm a beginner, only started dancing about 3 weeks ago. Does that matter? Is it just the people who go to the classes, or are you meant to take a partner?

Thanks,

LuLu xx

Hi Lulu

It will be great to see you there. Please don't be worried about how much time you've been dancing... it's a wonderful way to get better quickly and to learn heaps.

My first party night was to one in Edinburgh, so speaking from experience it's a good place to go. Don't be worried about what to wear as you can dress up (or not) as much as you like. (that was one of my main concerns, so thought I'd add it just in case you were wondering :nice: ), but make sure that whatever you decide to wear you finish it off with a smile.

Don't be shy at asking people for dances - We'd all rather be dancing than sitting (I'm sure you've heard that lots) and remember to relax and enjoy.

Hope to see you there
Bravetart

LuLu Baby
30th-June-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks Purpleheather :flower: and Bravetart :flower:

Hopefully see you both there!

I'm just not too confident about going as I've only been dancing 3 weeks, but I suppose the only way to get better is by practising it, and I do love it. So, I will go :clap: I'm quite nervous, but excited too :D

Anyway, hope to see you there, and thanks for your advice :cheers:

LuLu xx

CJ
30th-June-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi, Lulu Baby,

Welcome to the Forum, firstly.

I would have to reiterate what everyone else has said above.

Do go. There are lots of dancers, 5 hours worth of music and a warm welcome that is seldom found replicated outside of the dance world.

How smart/casual you go is entirely up to you: there will be smarter/scruffier irrespective of what you wear. What I would say is comfort is important as you'll be dancing far more records, and for much longer.

Enjoy the night, and lket us know how it went.

yours,

CJ.

ducasi
2nd-July-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Lulu, so how did the party go? Have fun?

I was there and had lots of good dances, and got to see lots of friends. Pretty good night really. :)

Bravetart
2nd-July-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks Purpleheather :flower: and Bravetart :flower:

Hopefully see you both there!

I'm just not too confident about going as I've only been dancing 3 weeks, but I suppose the only way to get better is by practising it, and I do love it. So, I will go :clap: I'm quite nervous, but excited too :D

Anyway, hope to see you there, and thanks for your advice :cheers:

LuLu xx

Hi LuLu...

How did you find the evening... I had fun, the music was good and a great mix of people - It could have been a bit busier as there was a private party on in Dundee, so some regulars didn't come down. I hope you enjoyed it.

Bravetart

LuLu Baby
2nd-July-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi all :nice:

I really really enjoyed the party on Saturday night! :clap: I didn't meet any of you there, I don't think anyway! I was feeling a bit awkward, and wasn't sure who I was looking out for, as don't know what you all look like! I am 20, but apparently don't look my age, so if you seen someone dancing who looked about 12 it was probably me! :rofl: I danced for most of the night, which was good, I was knackered by the end of it though! :D I left around 12:40 I think, what time did you all leave? I didn't go to bed when I get in though, was feeling hyper from all the dancing lol :D

I'm off to Marco's tomorrow night, I can't wait! I love it so much! I wish I had went sooner than I did! Can't get me away from it now! :clap:

LuLu xx

Bravetart
4th-July-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi all :nice:

I really really enjoyed the party on Saturday night! :clap: I didn't meet any of you there, I don't think anyway! I was feeling a bit awkward, and wasn't sure who I was looking out for, as don't know what you all look like! I am 20, but apparently don't look my age, so if you seen someone dancing who looked about 12 it was probably me! :rofl: I danced for most of the night, which was good, I was knackered by the end of it though! :D I left around 12:40 I think, what time did you all leave? I didn't go to bed when I get in though, was feeling hyper from all the dancing lol :D

I'm off to Marco's tomorrow night, I can't wait! I love it so much! I wish I had went sooner than I did! Can't get me away from it now! :clap:

LuLu xx

LuLu...
Was glad to hear that you had a fantastic time - and the not being able to sleep is par for the course ... sorry :D ... as is the addiction, but it's worth it.

Are you planning on making the trip to teh Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen. I've never been, but heard it's one of the highlights of the year and I'm so looking forward to going.

Bravetart

LuLu Baby
4th-July-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks Bravetart :hug:

I actually can't believe how much I love ceroc! It's the best thing I've ever chosen to do. I wasn't meant to be going last night, but I couldn't not go! And I'm going again tomorrow night! I'm sure if it was on every night I would be there lol! :D

I haven't planned to go to the beach ballroom party in Aberdeen, but now you've mentioned it I might very well be there! :rofl: I'm not sure yet, will see. It would be good to go though, I hope you enjoy it! :cheers:

LuLu xx

Tiggerbabe
4th-July-2007, 02:56 PM
I haven't planned to go to the beach ballroom party in Aberdeen, but now you've mentioned it I might very well be there! :rofl:
Please make sure you book your ticket on-line as there are no tickets on sale at the door :)

LuLu Baby
4th-July-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks for letting me know Tiggerbabe. I will look into it, it's not a definite that I would be going, but certainly something to think about :D

LuLu xx

whitetiger1518
10th-July-2007, 02:19 PM
LuLu...
Was glad to hear that you had a fantastic time - and the not being able to sleep is par for the course ... sorry :D ... as is the addiction, but it's worth it.

Are you planning on making the trip to teh Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen? I've never been, but heard it's one of the highlights of the year and I'm so looking forward to going.

Bravetart

I will be there (will be my first Beach Ballroom) and am sooo looking forward to it :)

Only downside is that I have to pack! [any elephants for hire near Glasgow?]

At least I have a white tshirt with a big tiger face on it now - so I should be reasonably identifiable for at least one of the classes :)

I hope you both come..

Cheers

Whitetiger