PDA

View Full Version : Camp Savoy 2007

Almost an Angel
27th-June-2007, 09:17 AM
One for all you Lindy people.

Anyone else coming along to Jenny & Ryan's Camp Savoy this year?

Last year was amazing and the Cabarets really had to be seen to be believed. Casey McGill will be back playing live again and they've just annouced the teacher lineup. Yay!! :clap:

Angel

straycat
27th-June-2007, 09:44 AM
I'd love to, but we'll be in Herrang at that time. Maybe next year...

jiveknight
27th-June-2007, 11:09 AM
I'd love to, but we'll be in Herrang at that time. Maybe next year...

Cool. Please say hello to Lennart and the hotshots for me:nice:

fletch
27th-June-2007, 11:19 AM
One for all you Lindy people.

Last year was amazing and the Cabarets really had to be seen to be believed. Casey McGill will be back playing live again and they've just annouced the teacher lineup. Yay!! :clap:

Angel

I take it its at the Savoy Hotel London, when ? :confused:

foxylady
27th-June-2007, 01:25 PM
I take it its at the Savoy Hotel London, when ? :confused:

No. At the University of Guildford 3-5th August see here (http://www.campsavoy.com/)

xx

scotttwin
28th-June-2007, 03:06 PM

Angel

I remember seeing Jenny and Ryan at Monster Jive Cocktail a couple of years ago - the best dance demonstration I have ever seen.

Almost an Angel
28th-June-2007, 03:11 PM
I remember seeing Jenny and Ryan at Monster Jive Cocktail a couple of years ago - the best dance demonstration I have ever seen.

The same - They were even better at the Camp. Even during the impromptu Jam sessions the dancing was first rate.

Minnie M
28th-June-2007, 03:16 PM
This year Ryan & Jenny are going to concentrate on newbie Lindy dancers :clap:

IMHO Camp Savoy is the best Lindy weekend on the year, Ryan & Jenny are UK's top Lindy teachers and dancers (they taught the Strictly Dance Fever lot) plus they have top international teachers teaching all levels, and the fab Casey Magill's combo :respect: :worthy: :yeah: :clap:

Almost an Angel
30th-July-2007, 02:05 PM
So only a few more sleeps - surely it can't just be me and Minnie M that are at Camp Savoy this year.

Angel xx

fletch
30th-July-2007, 02:12 PM
So only a few more sleeps - surely it can't just be me and Minnie M that are at Camp Savoy this year.

Angel xx

I'm thinking of coming, but I have waiting to see if you can by a day time pass,with evening freestlye, the feild has opend :confused:

:cheers:

Almost an Angel
30th-July-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking of coming, but I have waiting to see if you can by a day time pass,with evening freestlye, the feild has opend :confused:

:cheers:

I believe you can. Last I heard they had opened the bookings for day trippers - But you may have to contact them for it - Try looking on the web site for a contact no - I think there's one under Bookings - and give them a call. Cabaret on the Saturday will be well worth seeing.

If you can't find it PM me and I'll try and find one for you

Angel x

Minnie M
6th-August-2007, 02:59 PM
WOW

It was amazing ............ IMHO the best yet !

It was buzzzzzzzzzing all weekend, fab friendly smiley people and nearly all great dancers and they don't seem to mind dancing with a numpty like me - even Ryan Francois asked me to dance TWICE !!!!!!!

Anyone who is thinking of trying Lindy, book yourself in next year, you definitely will not regret it. All the crew (mostly advance dancers) where asked to 'taxi' and ask all the newbie dancers to the floor - even teachers where asking the beginners and intermediates :respect:

Wish I lived nearer to Fleet to attend their classes. :sad:

straycat
6th-August-2007, 03:04 PM
WOW

Glad it was good... hope we can make it next year. Will probably depend on which Herrang week we pick...

Almost an Angel
7th-August-2007, 12:20 PM
WOW

It was buzzzzzzzzzing all weekend, fab friendly smiley people and nearly all great dancers and they don't seem to mind dancing with a numpty like me - even Ryan Francois asked me to dance TWICE !!!!!!!

Anyone who is thinking of trying Lindy, book yourself in next year, you definitely will not regret it. All the crew (mostly advance dancers) where asked to 'taxi' and ask all the newbie dancers to the floor - even teachers where asking the beginners and intermediates :respect:

Wish I lived nearer to Fleet to attend their classes. :sad:

OMG it was definately the best yet, the atmosphere was great -and I had some fab dances. I managed to get a dance with Dax Hock :drool: and Mike Jagger :drool: both teachers over from the states for the Camp.

I'm trying to work out how to describe the Cabaret, I think the closest thing that describes it is that its like 30-40 mins of a west end show where you're in the front row, only a few feet away from the performers.

Still in recovery mode after suffering severe sleep deprivation at the weekend. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........