PDA

View Full Version : Best Ceroc nights in Scotland?

Yogi_Bear
10th-August-2003, 09:57 PM
Hi there,

Yogi_Bear is planning on making the trip up to Ediniburgh in October for the Scottish Ceroc Competition - and as if that isn't enough fun is thinking of making a week of it and visiting all the Ceroc venues in Scotland....!

Any suggestions on which venues/nights are essential/desirable or (hopefully not) avoidable? As you can imagine, it would be a pain to arrange a week around going to a particular place on a particular night and finding it to be one of the most uninspiring dance nights ever.

I was planning to dance Mon-Thurs nights and then get to Musselburgh for the Friday night pre-event do. Suggested itineraries and suggested (or offered) accommodation welcome :cheers: . Essential at some point to visit Glasgow and revisit the Macintosh trail, and almost certainly I'm travelling by train.

Any more info? You could email me.....

Regards
Yogi :)

TheTramp
10th-August-2003, 10:38 PM
Hiya Yogi

It'll be great to see you up here.

Best nights in Scotland? Well, speaking as one who's only just made it up here, and not yet been to them all (and sure to be contradicted)....

Mondays: Dundee, at the Invercarse hotel (or Glasgow)
Tuesdays: Have to say Peterculter (near Aberdeen), since I'm the DJ. Though, there's also Edinburgh or Rosyth (very small)
Wednesdays: Glasgow (also Dundee)
Thursdays: I'd guess Edinburgh, since you've not done that yet and it'd be handy for Mussleborough on Friday (I hope you come to Aberdeen on Tuesday) - though I've not been. (or Aberdeen again, or Perth).

Hope that helps

Steve

Yogi_Bear
11th-August-2003, 09:49 PM
Hi Steve,

Thnaks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention that i've been to Edinbugh Ceroc (Marco's) recently on a Monday night, but other than that have not been to any Scottish jive venues for some years. After a slow start that was actually a pretty good night. I am hoping for good things from the October event....in my experience Scotland has some of the friendliest venues around (am I sucking up, or what....?)

Yogi:wink:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
12th-August-2003, 04:41 PM
Welcome to Scotland Yogi :grin:

Yogi, do you happen to know this song:-

"I know a bear that you don't know, Yo-gi, Yo-gi,
I know a bear that you don't know, Yo-gi, Yo-gi Bear.
Yogi Yogi Bear........ Yogi Yogi Bear...........
I know a bear that you don't know, Yo-gi, Yo-gi Bear"

:cheers:

Yogi_Bear
13th-August-2003, 08:16 AM
Hi Basil

Thanks....and no, I must have missed that one!

By the way, it's good to see us animals well represented at the Ceroc Forum. I'm looking forward to the October competition and promise not to come in fancy dress...:cheers: