PDA

View Full Version : Jayne's topic...

Jayne
18th-January-2002, 10:53 AM
Hello! I thought I'd join in as well! :) So I've registered and ready to reply to any contentious subjects that people want to bring up. (I had a quick think and the only thing I could think of wasn't entirely appropriate.. ;) ) inspire me!! :D

(I like the way that the profile averages the number of posts you make per day.. Let's find out who's got the dullest job!!! Tee hee hee...)

Jayne

Franck
18th-January-2002, 10:59 AM
Hi Jayne,

Welcome to the Forum...

Now I have been rattling my brain to guess what inappropriate subject you had in mind, but to no avail...;)
So I guess you will have to start that new thread after all (go on I dare you !)

Regarding the dullest job / number of posts, I have the best job, I get to hang out here as part of my job :p

Now I wonder which pic / avatar you will pick for yourself...

Cheers,

Franck.

Stuart M
21st-January-2002, 12:10 PM
I don't know what Jayne's contentious subject was going to be, but I bet it wasn't "Double Spins and why they're so easy"

:p

That leaves me wide open to "Why is Stuart so bad at Drops?" Oh, hang on, that's not contentious, everyone agrees I am, including me!

I think the new format for the forum is pretty good - I spent a fair amount of time this morning trying to find a wee graphic of Dangermouse as an avatar. Couldn't, so I used this. Don't know what Mr.Man it is :confused: , just thought it reflected my dress sense...

Stuart

Franck
21st-January-2002, 01:04 PM
Well Mr Muddle (interesting choice indeed)...

We are still waiting with bated breath the contentious subject, and double spins are easy;)

I sourced out a small jpg of DangerMouse, you can now find it in the add / change avatar section.

And by the way, you are not supposed to drop, so I would not worry too much about not being good at it:D

Cheers,

Franck.

Jayne
21st-January-2002, 01:07 PM
Yes, you were right. The topic wasn't going to be "double spins and why they're so easy"! (For those who don't know, spinnning was part of the style workshop last year - very good and highly recommended ;) - and I said that my new year's resolution was to be able to do a double spin by next new year. As it happens, I managed one the other day - but I don't think it counts because it was two, consecutive, single spins. One day....

As for the contentious topic... I really can't say because it would open a whole can of worms...

See you wednesday?! (Glasgow, GUU - I'll be the one falling over whilst trying to double spin...)

Jayne :D

Heather
21st-January-2002, 07:36 PM
Oh GO ON Jayne!! Youv'e got us all curious as to what your contentious topic of discussion is. WHAT IS IT, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!?What is the point of a discussion forum, if there's nothing interesting and controversial to discuss? We'd be just as well discussing the weather.
By the way the Dundee Party on the 1st of February in Ollies has no theme but promises to be a GREAT night. Well worth making the effort to travel to, so all you Cerocers in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, WE Dundonians make the effort to support your events so please return the favour.Perhaps YOU might even make the effort this time Franck!!
Thanks Sheena I didn't realise that you could omit your date of birth, so I have now deleted mine!!! As you say 'Wouldn't want to shatter any illusions'.

Jayne
22nd-January-2002, 12:23 PM
Right. This isn't what I was originally going to talk about but I thought I'd mention it anyway...

Our friends over in Edinburgh recently had a school prom night, presumably suggested by a male wanting to see all those women dressed up as schoolgirls.

How about we have a kilt night over in Glasgow? ;)

It makes me smile just thinking about it...

Any comments??

Jayne

Stuart M
22nd-January-2002, 01:11 PM
Hidden agenda or what?

Actually, one of the guys - William - was wearing a kilt at that "St.Trinian's" night party. I only noticed because we were talking about the women's outfits at the time ;)

Just thinking of dates, St.Andrews Day falls on the same day as the Edinburgh party night in November this year - would that be too far away for you, Jayne?

It'd give me enough time to pluck up the nerve to put a kilt on again!

Franck
22nd-January-2002, 02:07 PM
I am planning a Ceroc Ceilidh fairly soon.
We used to do them quite regularly a couple of years ago and they were very popular.
This involves the usual mad evening of Ceroc dancing as well as a Ceilidh band and a bit of wild burling and strip the willow in the middle :D
Of course kilts will be 'de rigueur', but then again, what will the women wear to keep us guys on our toes ;)

I will have more news soon.

Franck.

Jayne
22nd-January-2002, 02:45 PM
Fantastic!! :D I'm in the process of clearing my diary at the moment!

What do you mean Franck, "what will the women wear to keep us guys on our toes"? Surely we always look at our best ;) (well, at the start of the evening anyway...) And don't forget that this is a return for the girls dressing up at Edinburgh!:p

Jayne

dancer
23rd-January-2002, 05:42 PM
Well Jayne, I am sorry I missed the Edinburgh party by the sound of things... :(

Now I wonder what you all wore :cool:

Dancer.

Franck
26th-January-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Jayne

What do you mean Franck, "what will the women wear to keep us guys on our toes"? Surely we always look at our best ;) (well, at the start of the evening anyway...) And don't forget that this is a return for the girls dressing up at Edinburgh!:p

Jayne I have to say, that I never notice what the women wear... :) Oh no, not me :D
I hardly ever look really !!! :p

So seriously, though, what should the women wear if all the men are in kilts?
What would work best ? Bearing in mind that you have to dance all night, without leading and still looking great by the end of the night ;)
Go on, share your tips...

Franck.

Graham
2nd-November-2002, 10:18 AM

Jayne

Just saw this thread (due to Franck's reorganisation) from before I joined the forum. I realise that the ceilidh night has been and gone, but Jayne, you weren't AT the school-theme party, so doesn't that mean you got the kilts for free? :wink:

Jayne
4th-November-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Graham

Just saw this thread (due to Franck's reorganisation) from before I joined the forum. I realise that the ceilidh night has been and gone, but Jayne, you weren't AT the school-theme party, so doesn't that mean you got the kilts for free? :wink:

Doesn't time fly?? And was that really my first post on the new forum?? *hides face*

I'm sorry Graham, but you must be mistaken - I WAS at the School reunion night in Edinburgh last year. You probably wouldn't remember but I was wearing a school uniform...

Talking of kilts though... I do hope all you guys will be getting your kilts out for the 10th anniversary ceroc/ceilidh bash later this month! A girl has to get some amusement somehow!

Jayne
:wink:

Stuart M
4th-November-2002, 10:11 AM
A girl has to get some amusement somehow!

There's just no pleasing some people...

Jayne
4th-November-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Stuart M

errrmmm...:what:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2002, 10:40 AM
Jayne - havent you got work to do :D

CJ
4th-November-2002, 01:21 PM
Of course she bloody hasn't. Have you seen her posts/day ratio?

Bloody students.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and kilts are on......

CJ
4th-November-2002, 01:24 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A girl has to get some amusement somehow!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Stuart M

I'm kinda assuming here that pleasing Jayne and amusing her are two different concepts:what: :wink:

Stuart M
4th-November-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Bloody students
CJ, you didn't get where you are today without being a glutton for punishment, did you? I suspect you'll be getting an earful on Wednesday for that one...:wink:

As to why Jayne should find men in kilts amusing, I really couldn't say. Oh yes, of course - she's seen me in one...

Graham
4th-November-2002, 01:47 PM

I'm sorry Graham, but you must be mistaken - I WAS at the School reunion night in Edinburgh last year.
In that case it's me who must apologise! :sorry :sorry

You probably wouldn't remember but I was wearing a school uniform...
Oh yes, that sounds very plausible..... :really: :wink: :yum:
I really enjoyed that party......must have been the music :wink: . Is it too soon for another one?

Graham
4th-November-2002, 01:54 PM

Lower than yours (and mine I must confess).

Bloody students.

Bloody musicians. :rolleyes:

sale at Hector Russells? :confused:

Jayne
4th-November-2002, 02:03 PM

Bloody students.

Actually, I've been working reasonably hard all morning - it's just that I've been analysing data on the computer and I've been checking the forum occasionally :wink: to keep me sane-ish.

Hurrah for the kilts!

pleasure and amusement - separate things? I like to keep you on your toes... :wink:

As for the return of the School Reunion theme... surely guys tire of that theme after a while... :rolleyes:

Jayne

Jayne
4th-November-2002, 02:12 PM
Not wanting to talk to myself but....

the answer to the contentious topic I had in mind a year ago is.....

"Victor".

But if you knew the question I don't think any of the girls would argue with me... :wink:

OK, I am talking to myself...

Must take the tablets...

More of the red ones and less of the green ones....

data?

huh?

anyone seen it recently?

the plot, the plot - it's gone..... :what:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2002, 02:45 PM

As for the return of the School Reunion theme... surely guys tire of that theme after a while... :rolleyes:

NO :)

Bill
4th-November-2002, 04:02 PM

Jayne
:wink: Most men will of course say no !:p :sick: but why is it so many young women seem to actively enjoy getting dressed up in a school uniform that is only ever worn in old St Trinian films :what: :confused: Is it really the obvious reason ? I alway thought women were more intelligent and more subtle than men !

The whole 'back to school' image is big business at the moment and no doubt the majority of those who get dressed up didn't actually wear a uniform anyway or couldn't wait to get rid of it when they left school.

And groups of young men in shorts and ankle socks..............does that really turn women on :confused: :(

Bill
4th-November-2002, 04:05 PM
Not wanting to talk to myself but....

the answer to the contentious topic I had in mind a year ago is.....

"Victor".Don't think you have to supply the question Jayne !:waycool: :wink:

Sufficient to just type that name. He can dance with me anytime:D :sorry The man is soooooooooo smooth - but that's been said so often on various threads.

ooooh, and Lydia's pretty good too :p :D

Jayne
4th-November-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Don't think you have to supply the question Jayne !:waycool: :wink:

Sufficient to just type that name. He can dance with me anytime:D :sorry The man is soooooooooo smooth - but that's been said so often on various threads.

ooooh, and Lydia's pretty good too :p :D errrmm.. that wasn't the question I was thinking of.... I was going for even more basic than that... :sorry

Jayne :wink:

Grant
4th-November-2002, 05:59 PM
errrmm.. that wasn't the question I was thinking of.... I was going for even more basic than that... :sorry

Jayne :wink: I managed to work out (ie guess) you had passed your driving test but....

I'm not touching this one with a barge pole:wink:

:cheers:

Grant

Graham
4th-November-2002, 07:06 PM

When you say you're tired of certain individuals not unconnected with chocolate, we'll admit to being fed up with the whole schoolgirl theme :wink:

And anyway - I agree with Bill: who exactly is it who is forcing girls to wear tight blouses and short skirts to comply with this particular theme? :wink: Ho, hum - just off for a cold shower :what: :sorry

CJ
5th-November-2002, 02:31 AM

Ho, hum - just off for a cold shower :what: :sorry

I don't know.... bloody program managers. :rolleyes:

:D

Jayne
5th-November-2002, 09:37 AM

When you say you're tired of certain individuals not unconnected with chocolate, we'll admit to being fed up with the whole schoolgirl theme :wink:

And anyway - I agree with Bill: who exactly is it who is forcing girls to wear tight blouses and short skirts to comply with this particular theme? :wink: Ho, hum - just off for a cold shower :what: :sorry

Fair enough, Graham...

Can I just make sure that people are kilts out for the 23rd...? I am... :grin: and I'll be disappointed if I'm the only one... :wink:

Jayne
:nice:

Bill
5th-November-2002, 12:06 PM
Fair enough, Graham...

Can I just make sure that people are kilts out for the 23rd...? I am... :grin: and I'll be disappointed if I'm the only one... :wink:

Jayne
:nice: Sorry :confused: you mean your'e wearing a kilt - or kilts are out eg no-one should wear one ? :what:

Now I don't know whether to pack mine or not :sick: :rolleyes:

Jayne
5th-November-2002, 12:12 PM

Sorry :confused: you mean your'e wearing a kilt - or kilts are out eg no-one should wear one ? :what:

Now I don't know whether to pack mine or not :sick: :rolleyes:

SORRY!!! Let me just clear this one up - it's VERY importantant...

I meant get kilts out of their hiding places and get some air (as opposed to "Kilts are sooo out" - NEVER!!)

Don't just pack the kilt, wear it! (But leave the sporan behind! :wink:).

Can I pencil you in for a dance please Bill? :innocent:

Jayne

Franck
5th-November-2002, 12:35 PM
Don't just pack the kilt, wear it! (But leave the sporan behind! :wink:). Phew!, that's a relief :D My kilt was all ready and dusted off!
The more kilts the better, especially as we shall have so many visitors from abroad (England :wink:), we might as well show them a good........ time :wink:
That should encourage some of the women on the Forum who have not already bought their tickets to do so very soon... (only about 60 tickets left :really: )

As for Sporans, I say wear it, it is very useful for keeping a few things handy :nice:
The trick is to wear in on the side (left or right hip) when dancing those bluesy tracks :devil: :nice:

Franck.

Gadget
5th-November-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Franck
As for Sporans, I say wear it, it is very useful for keeping a few things handy :nice:
The trick is to wear in on the side (left or right hip) when dancing those bluesy tracks :devil: :nice:

Not just the blusey tracks; I especially recommend moving it to the side for the ceilidh dancing! (Having the old badger handbag full of loose change and bouncing on your privates is not a pleasant experiance:tears::really::sorry )

I do recommend leaving out the Sgain Dubh though - have almost lost mine a few times accross a dance floor.

filthycute
5th-November-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Franck
as we shall have so many visitors from abroad (England :wink:), we might as well show them a good........ time :wink:
Franck.

And as we're showing them such a good time....i think they should show us their legs :wink:

Gus, David....any other non-Scottish people dare to wear our finest? :wink:

Go on! you know you want to :yum:

filthycute x x

Bill
5th-November-2002, 01:18 PM

Don't just pack the kilt, wear it! (But leave the sporan behind! :wink:).

Can I pencil you in for a dance please Bill? :innocent:

Jayne

Oh but you have to wear the sporran :p ..........as Franck says......it's handy for all your little bits and pieces :nice: and I'd feel naked without it. Never worn a kilt without my sporran before.

have to admit though that any closer move is difficult with a kilt on so might take my trews as well to change into.

Look forward to that dance Jayne. With the kilt :confused: :D

CJ
5th-November-2002, 01:48 PM
I think it's cruel of you to perpetuate this myth for our foreign friends. You'll be telling them it's haggis season soon.

Making no apologies for spilling the beans on this one but feel you should know...

The sporran isn't actually a bag. Or purse. The kilt actually comes with a ready prepared slit, for us to pull our hair through and attach wee rabbit foot type adornments... it's what helps the kilt stay in place!!:wink:

And I wonder why, apart from Sheena, my card remains empty!!:what:

Jayne
5th-November-2002, 01:50 PM

Look forward to that dance Jayne. With the kilt :confused: :D

Kilts - plural. I tried it on the other day and it's a wee bit big around the waist. I'll just have to eat chocolate cake for the next three weeks so I can fit into it again :rolleyes:

Jayne

Dreadful Scathe
5th-November-2002, 02:27 PM

Hey put me on it then :):D

Graham
5th-November-2002, 02:42 PM

He's now up to two (see Raunchy thread). And I don't even have a card :tears: !

CJ
5th-November-2002, 04:59 PM
Don't worry, petal.

Even though you stuck up for Stuart, (with I think your 3rd laugh aloud responce TODAY, alone!!) I'll dance with you, dear.

Will
9th-November-2004, 02:59 PM
Hello! I thought I'd join in as well! :) So I've registered and ready to reply to any contentious subjects that people want to bring up. (I had a quick think and the only thing I could think of wasn't entirely appropriate.. ;) ) inspire me!! :D

(I like the way that the profile averages the number of posts you make per day.. Let's find out who's got the dullest job!!! Tee hee hee...)

Jayne
Welcome to the forum Jayne.

Graham
9th-November-2004, 03:19 PM
I'll dance with you, dear.
Another broken promise - never trust a rock musician :tears: :wink:

Jayne
9th-November-2004, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Jayne.
Why, thank you kind sir! :flower:

The good old days of the forum hey?

Great to see that the thread became general chat about kilts... :drool: Did anyone else in the Big Love Show notice the kilted men at the wedding across the way???

We need more chat (& photos!) about men in kilts!

J :nice: