PDA

View Full Version : Looking Good or Feeling Good?

HelenB
14th-June-2007, 03:04 PM
Last night, I danced with someone who looked great dancing and, although it was OK, it didn't feel great and I'd think twice about asking them again :blush:

And, as much as I'd like to think I look good when dancing, I'd much rather the other person felt good when they danced with me (and dance with them based on the same)

Obviously it's fairly impossible to judge how someone feels until you first dance, but what do you aim for in that dance, looking good or feeling good?

It's definitely feeling good for me, followed by looking good (with both being the holy grail) :D

drathzel
14th-June-2007, 03:09 PM
I have had an experience like yours and i have to say Feeling Good always wins for me!

Lee Bartholomew
14th-June-2007, 03:11 PM
Unless your main aim is comps of course where looking good is the only way.

robd
14th-June-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't like 'Feeling Good' - I had the most awful dance with Sparkles to this track at Southport last September :sad:

It's also a flawed question for many people since unless you're videoing yourself then you'll have little awareness of it looking good or otherwise whereas you'll have an immediate awareness of it feeling good or otherwise. Personally, I think jive is much more for doing than for viewing which tells you my thoughts on it.

Trouble
14th-June-2007, 03:23 PM
i dont think i look particualarly good when i dance but i dont care. I do it for the feel good factor. After all thats what dancing is all about surely.... I like the feeling of a man holding me and controlling my movements, its sensual and feels great. That alone makes me feel good, when i have a good gentle but clear lead, holding me close and looking into my eyes making me feel good. :love: Cant get enough of it. :respect:

HelenB
14th-June-2007, 03:23 PM
It's also a flawed question for many people since unless you're videoing yourself then you'll have little awareness of it looking good or otherwise whereas you'll have an immediate awareness of it feeling good or otherwise. Personally, I think jive is much more for doing than for viewing which tells you my thoughts on it.

OK, but put another way, I can tell when I'm doing something to make myself (try and) look good - being overly stylistic for example - which is something I used to do until I learnt the error of my ways.

And, arguing against myself :what: , beauty is in the eye of the beholder

But, I suppose it boils down to whether you go on the floor to look good and by default (try and) attract other dance partners or whether you go for the feel good factor and gain dances by reputation :whistle:

p.s. And I'm talking about social dances not competitions....entering a competition and not looking good wouldn't get you that far :D (or so you would hope!)

Little Monkey
14th-June-2007, 03:46 PM
I really have very little idea about what I look like when I'm dancing. I don't think I'm a particularly stylish or graceful dancer...:blush:

What matters to me is how the dance feels, the connection with my partner, musicality and the ability to have fun! There's a few guys who I absolutely love dancing with, but when looking at them dancing with other people, I don't think their dancing look particularly great. But they make me feel fab/make me smile when we're dancing, which is really all I care about! :nice:

HelenB
14th-June-2007, 03:53 PM
What matters to me is how the dance feels, the connection with my partner, musicality and the ability to have fun! There's a few guys who I absolutely love dancing with, but when looking at them dancing with other people, I don't think their dancing looks particularly great. But they make me feel fab/make me smile when we're dancing, which is really all I care about! :nice:

:yeah: I think you've worded it better than I did :D

the best looking dancers don't always give the best dance

Sparkles
14th-June-2007, 04:02 PM
OK, but put another way, I can tell when I'm doing something to make myself (try and) look good - being overly stylistic for example - which is something I used to do until I learnt the error of my ways.

I think you may have hit an important nail on the head here.
Quite often I have found that the 'best' (IMO) dancers are the ones that don't try and make it look good... and not only that they are often the ones that also succeed in making it look good.

Professional geniuses aside, dancers that show off to a crowd often have much more 'strict' leads in that they pull the follow around more - which can lead it to being less comfortable and not feeling so good.

I think one of the tricks is to let go of trying to make it look good and then things will flow more easily, feel better and ultimately look better :flower:.

Lee Bartholomew
14th-June-2007, 04:05 PM
My 2 pence......

One problem is you might see someone who looks great, then realise the dance was not as good as you expected it to be.

This I think happens alot with people who have regular dance partners. It's a rut im trying to get out of. Have spent so long trying to look good dancing with BlueEyes that my ability to dance with others and feel good is going downhill.

Something else to go on the list of things to improve.

fletch
14th-June-2007, 04:19 PM
There were two guy's that danced in wolverhampton, they were very smart, you know long sleeved white shirt tailored trousers,:drool: but just did seem to take there dancing seriously and never seemed to move on in there ability, :confused: having spoke to them it transpired that it was just to tap into another sauce of women,:sick: I watched them a few Southport's ago, funny they weren't getting many dances. :rolleyes:

robd
14th-June-2007, 04:27 PM
Sometimes I find some followers put in lots of styling that I find impairs the lead - rondes are a particular bugbear - but which probably looks good to the casual onlooker. In WCS classes (couldn't have a thread without mentioning WCS could we :devil: ) it is often mentioned that style flourishes, footwork variations, etc are fine provided they don't affect the connection and the followers ability to be led. It should be the same for MJ. Having said that, I do appreciate how self concious people can be when starting to experiment with styling - I even have to encourage Sparkles to do her excellent 'latin arms' when we dance together - and, like leading, you can't expect to get it right straight away.

Also, I guess, looking good is a subjective thing. There are some leaders I like to watch for the subtlety of what they do and others might not find the same interest in that.

robd
14th-June-2007, 04:29 PM
having spoke to them it transpired that it was just to tap into another sauce of women,:sick: I watched them a few Southport's ago, funny they weren't getting many dances. :rolleyes:

Sauce of women - a good Fletcherism that one :rofl:

They probably weren't bothered at Southport - they weren't there for the dances :whistle:

dave the scaffolder
14th-June-2007, 04:49 PM
i dont think i look particualarly good when i dance but i dont care. I do it for the feel good factor. After all thats what dancing is all about surely.... I like the feeling of a man holding me and controlling my movements, its sensual and feels great. That alone makes me feel good, when i have a good gentle but clear lead, holding me close and looking into my eyes making me feel good. :love: Cant get enough of it. :respect:

BEHAVE YOURSELF. DAVE xxx xxx:angry:

MartinHarper
14th-June-2007, 05:04 PM
Seems to me that it's difficult to learn to "feel good", whereas in "looking good" it's easier to judge progress via the magic of video.

Lynn
14th-June-2007, 07:07 PM
What matters to me is how the dance feels, the connection with my partner, musicality and the ability to have fun! :yeah:

I've seen guys that looked really good but that I didn't have particularly enjoyable dances with. Usually because they had style, could move well, had some good stylish moves they could execute correctly - but poor connection, limited musicality and the dance wasn't a partnership.

Lee Bartholomew
15th-June-2007, 10:01 AM
:yeah:

I've seen guys that looked really good but that I didn't have particularly enjoyable dances with. Usually because they had style, could move well, had some good stylish moves they could execute correctly - but poor connection, limited musicality and the dance wasn't a partnership.

I feel I am at that point at the mo. Worked too hard on trying to look good, everything else has suffered. Things are fine dancing with BlueEyes and we dance together all the time, but dancing with other dancers is starting to feel abit awkward for me.

Think I might start joining in beginners classes agin to try and get used to dancing with beginners again.

Is this the problem when dancing with regular partners?

Aleks
15th-June-2007, 10:14 AM
Think I might start joining in beginners classes agin to try and get used to dancing with beginners again.

Is this the problem when dancing with regular partners?

1 Most 'seasoned' dancers on the forum will tell you you should NEVER stop going to beginners classes, even if only irregularly.

2 Yes, it almost always causes difficulties if you dance too much with one person for whatever reason.

Lee Bartholomew
15th-June-2007, 10:16 AM
1 Most 'seasoned' dancers on the forum will tell you you should NEVER stop going to beginners classes, even if only irregularly.

2 Yes, it almost always causes difficulties if you dance too much with one person for whatever reason.

The main reason I stopped beginners classes to be honest was getting there on time. Think as from next week, will try and make a special effort.

TA Guy
15th-June-2007, 10:25 AM
'feeling good'.

This one of the reasons I rate 'smoothness' so highly. It's true, you can't say all smooth dancers 'feel good'. It's quite possible to be smooth and out of time or something, but I do think it's true to say with 100% accuracy that non-smooth dancers never 'feel good'. That's my experience as a lead anyway :)

The problem with 'look good' is 'what looks good' anyway ?
It's all so subjective, it's really impossible to have a dance competition and to judge who looks the best. Everyone has different subjective opinions. That's why things like 'smiling' become so ridiculously over-important in competitions, it can be nailed down and measured.
I always think judges in dance competitions should not only rate visually, but get out there and dance with the competitors. :)

whitetiger1518
15th-June-2007, 02:18 PM
There were two guy's that danced in wolverhampton, they were very smart, you know long sleeved white shirt tailored trousers,:drool: but just did seem to take there dancing seriously and never seemed to move on in there ability, :confused: having spoke to them it transpired that it was just to tap into another sauce of women,:sick: I watched them a few Southport's ago, funny they weren't getting many dances. :rolleyes:

Fletch - rep on the way - for two reasons

a] I agree with robd - Sauce of Women is a classic and has cheered me up no end!

b] If a dance feels smooth - particularly with the addition of connection, eye contact, musicalty, a lovely smile etc etc, then the dancer will be given the respect and affection that they deserve. Any man who has learned to dance properly will get the Sauce of Women that they so rightly deserve!

Cheers
Whitetiger

djtrev
15th-June-2007, 03:09 PM
Having read thro the posts on this one it occured to me how MJ has changed for me from when I first started.
Initially I started MJ as a DJ and gradually got the bug to learn the moves.I consider myself to have good rhythym so I found it quite easy to adapt from being an aging RocknRoller.
The music in the beginning was fairly bog standard fayre,as some of you would call it,bouncy music.
If you played too much swing music,even the odd two or three, there were quite a few gloomy faces.Eventually those people and the Lindy hoppers broke away and formed their own group,occasionally popping back to see if we had changed our ways.
Gradually there was a move towards the more upbeat latin tracks and eventually thro this forum and a visit to Camber,Blues tracks were on my wanted list.
During all this time it was sufficient to be able to do a variety of moves relatively well and feel comfortable doing them with strangers.
Now though it seems that there is much more to worry and think about.For me, MJ has changed dramatically.The blues music seems to be getting not only more prevalent(?) but much slower,the latin tracks are getting harder and harder to enjoy never mind dance to and the dance is now becoming as much about style as it is about executing a good move.
I have always spoken out against this attitude of showing off to anybody that happens to be watching,to me,my partner should be the only one I am trying to impress.For some people it is very difficult to put style into their dance,it is not something that the majority of dancers can do.
Getting back to Helens post,it is such a shame that the great looking dancer that she saw will not have the pleasure of another dance with her because she didnt feel good.Would that have been because although he could execute the moves really well he just didnt have the style to go with it.

fletch
15th-June-2007, 03:20 PM
Sauce of women - a good Fletcherism that one :rofl:

They probably weren't bothered at Southport - they weren't there for the dances :whistle:

:blush: spell check said it was OK :confused:

they weren't,:sick: but IMO if you don't inspirer on the dance floor, you haven't got much chance off getting the girlies interested in anything off the floor...:rolleyes: .might be just me though :flower:

Lory
15th-June-2007, 03:25 PM
such a shame that the great looking dancer that she saw will not have the pleasure of another dance with her because she didnt feel good.
Would that have been because although he could execute the moves really well he just didnt have the style to go with it.

I read it totally the opposite way round...

that although he had 'style' he couldn't execute the moves well enough to make her feel good?

I've actually been very heartened from reading this thread and the poll results, as its become clear that, although we all might firstly be attracted towards dancing with someone because of their looks/style initially, this appeal has no long term appeal for the majority of us.. :nice:

Lory
15th-June-2007, 03:31 PM
:blush: spell check said it was OK :confused:

Aww Fletch, you are funny! :worthy: :rofl:

I think what you actually meant was 'Source' .. slightly different!:devil: :D

But I too cracked up when I read it... it cheered me up no end, just when I really needed it! :hug:

HelenB
15th-June-2007, 04:45 PM
...although he could execute the moves really well he just didnt have the style to go with it....

...that although he had 'style' he couldn't execute the moves well enough to make her feel good?...

I would have to go with Lory

My first impression was of the whole dancer, so that would have to be style, and then of the specific moves. It just felt uncomfortable dancing with him as he tried to do too much IMO and didn't concentrate on the feel of the dance. That's fine for comps, but not necessarily for social dancing

When I came off the floor after dancing with him, someone commented to me that I looked like I was having to concentrate - I was - as I never knew quite where I would be flinged to next :( I just didn't enjoy the dance as a whole and felt let down in my dance ability. I then proceeded to have a bit of a rubbish night :tears:

As for watching people, I do look out for style foremost if I've never danced with them before, but also look out for their signature moves - gives me a bit of a heads up as to what they might try with me :wink:

robd
15th-June-2007, 05:37 PM
but also look out for their signature moves

Could be time to update this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/7491-name-names-what-your-signature-move.html) maybe?

I think Spice n Easy's signature move involves him taking chips from plate to mouth. He leads it so well, he's clearly very practised at it :D

HelenB
15th-June-2007, 06:31 PM
I see you've voted Looking Good Rob

Is that what you say to yourself in the mirror each morning? :rolleyes: :na:

nebula
15th-June-2007, 06:36 PM
Where d'you get one like that? I want one!!!:yum:

PretzelMeister
15th-June-2007, 07:53 PM
~snip~
My first impression was of the whole dancer, so that would have to be style, and then of the specific moves. It just felt uncomfortable dancing with him as he tried to do too much IMO and didn't concentrate on the feel of the dance. That's fine for comps, but not necessarily for social dancing

When I came off the floor after dancing with him, someone commented to me that I looked like I was having to concentrate - I was - as I never knew quite where I would be flinged to next :( I just didn't enjoy the dance as a whole and felt let down in my dance ability. I then proceeded to have a bit of a rubbish night :tears:
~snip~

I'm sorry that the single dance referred to played a significant part in you having a poor night. :flower:

However, if it was the very first time you had danced with that lead then please spare a thought....

...everytime a lead dances with a new partner, as well as listening to & interpreting the music, and leading the moves, they also have to make an on-the-hoof assessment as to how experienced / proficient their partner is and select moves from their repertoire appropriate to the follower's level. It is all too easy to err on the side of caution and do simpler moves, resulting in the dance not being challenging / interesting enough for the follower, else too complex / advanced, resulting in an experience similar to yours (from my interpretation of circumstances & events from your posts). Add to that the constraints imposed on the lead's selection of moves by the track, floorspace, etc

And if the lead has danced with you infrequently before then this can be very difficult to get spot-on in a first dance, as it's a very fine balance and a degree of learning your follower's capability and preference is required. On top of that, sometimes the same follower is looking for different things to different tracks and sometimes to the same tracks but with different people.

I don't know you, who you danced with, nor the detailed circumstances surrounding the particular dance you are referring too, but I think you may be hasty in writing-off dancing with them after a single dance.

Writing this has reminded me of a relevant personal experience. I was dancing at a tea-dance in Daventry at the start of last July. I had just finished a couple of dances with someone I had danced with many times before. I then asked someone else to dance - a stranger to me - and in response to my invitation to dance she said something along the lines of: "Yes - and can we dance like you just did with that person X you just danced with."

Now from a lead's perspective, I felt that was an unrealistic expectation for her to have and, insofar as it went, was an unreasonable request to make. I made no verbal reply to this - we just started dancing.

Don't get me wrong - it is possible to have an absolutely fantastic 1st-ever dance with a complete stranger, but I don't think it's a realistic expectation for this to happen every or prrobably even most times. But it can take a fair amount of experience on the lead's part within the course of a single track to assess the follower's ability and wants - and then they need to 'get lucky' as well.

Summary:

please appreciate a lead often has a lot to do to have a great first dance with a stranger
don't beat up on yourself for it not going as well as you hoped / expected
please don't beat up on your lead for not getting it spot-on on at the first attempt
try dancing with them a few more times, if possible - you may find that after another dance or two you both have more of a feel for each other and it starts to 'click'

Good luck!

PM

Addendum
Just reading the above before posting, and it looks like the primary reason I'm offering for your dance not being good was because you were not technically as proficient as your lead and they were trying moves that you found difficult to follow. This is neither my feeling nor intention. I'm just suggesting that that may have been a contributing factor, on top all the other stuff that's already been posted on this thread:

maybe their lead wasn't very good / you weren't sure what they were leading
maybe their timing wasn't good - not dancing on the beat making it difficult to follow
maybe everybody was dancing on the beat, but interpreting the music differently so it just didn't gel
maybe they'd had a bad day at work / was still thinking about something that'd just been said to them during the last dance or for whatever reason wasn't fully focussed on that particular dance with you, detracting from its quality

The more I think about it, there are so many factors / ingredients required to have a 'wow' / good dance with someone. Sometimes many of those are already there with people we dance ith regularly that we can perhaps take them for granted sometimes - all that is required is a yard of floorspace and a decent track and the recipe is complete. But it doesn't happen all the time.

Apologies to all who made it this far - post was mammoth enough even before the addendum was added! :blush:

littlewiggle
15th-June-2007, 07:58 PM
dancers that show off to a crowd often have much more 'strict' leads in that they pull the follow around more - which can lead it to being less comfortable and not feeling so good.

Most definitely agree, I have had some very uncomfortable dances with such 'strict' lead that I have felt unable to 'reciprocate' in the dance making it very much a one-way street.

PretzelMeister
15th-June-2007, 07:58 PM
And after all that, forgot to vote - definitely 'Feeling Good' for me. Every time. PM

robd
15th-June-2007, 08:21 PM
I see you've voted Looking Good Rob

Is that what you say to yourself in the mirror each morning? :rolleyes: :na:

It looked such a lonely option that I gave it the sympathy vote.

As for the mirror, it finds me so funny it tells me I 'crack it up' every day :sad:

David Bailey
15th-June-2007, 08:30 PM
It looked such a lonely option that I gave it the sympathy vote.
I've joined you. :)

Seriously, I want to work on "looking good" as one of my goals over the next year or so.

Spin dryer
16th-June-2007, 03:55 PM
Surely it's not possible to look good without feeling good. If you don't feel good (which I take to mean having good connection), then it's going to show, no matter what skill you have in executing moves. There are some very conservative dancers out there who to me dance beautifully because they clearly have connection with their partner.

David Bailey
16th-June-2007, 06:24 PM
Surely it's not possible to look good without feeling good.
I disagree - it's possible to execute a spectacular and highly-visual routine, for example, mainly by dint of vast amounts of attention to detail and rehearsal.

And most people simply can't see connection - most people judge based on the crowd-pleasing stuff.

Example: I had a gorgeous AT dance with... errr, someone... at Southport, in the Blues Room, to a clearly Tango track - nice slow tempo, lots of pauses, you know the sort of thing. It was great, it felt great, and I think it probably went a long way to persuading that person to take up AT, all by itself. We were connected. In short - we felt good.

However, everyone else's attention was directed to the couple next to us - the woman especially, as she was doing dozens of body rolls and so on. They weren't dancing to the music, they were dancing to the crowd - and they got a clap at the end of the dance. In short, they looked good.

I want to work on my visual impression - mainly the simple-but-difficult stuff like posture and footwork - as much as on other aspects of dancing. I also think that a lot of the people who vote for "feeling good" are being a little disingenuous, because I think we all like to look good too.

Spin dryer
16th-June-2007, 07:18 PM
And most people simply can't see connection

I bet there aren't many who can't see the connection here.

YouTube - Argentine Tango Dance on Osvaldo Pugliese (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG1QYuqPuVY)

(no apologies for repeating this link I posted on the you tube thread)

Astro
16th-June-2007, 07:26 PM

YouTube - Argentine Tango Dance on Osvaldo Pugliese (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG1QYuqPuVY)

There was definate eye contact there. (contrary to your other post re. eye contact - "what do you ladies want?" thread).

Thanks for posting that, awesome:flower:

Is it true the Tango originates from Africa? I read that the slaves brought it over to Argentina.

Spin dryer
16th-June-2007, 07:26 PM
I also think that a lot of the people who vote for "feeling good" are being a little disingenuous, because I think we all like to look good too.

I'm sure we all want to look good too, but given only one option, for me enjoyment takes precedence over appearance.

Spin dryer
16th-June-2007, 07:43 PM
most people judge based on the crowd-pleasing stuff.

My previous highly selective link notwithstanding, I do agree with you on this. I can think of some absolutely gorgeous dancers who you never hear rated, and some others who to my mind aren't in the same league but who are very highly rated by dint of their showmanship. Then there is a small number who can turn it on and off and have the best of both worlds.

Martin
16th-June-2007, 08:51 PM
Obviously it's fairly impossible to judge how someone feels until you first dance, but what do you aim for in that dance, looking good or feeling good?

I believe I can watch a dancer and judge how someone will "feel". Having danced and taught, observed for many years.

I go for feeling good above looking good. :love:

Looking good is for champs - feeling good is for "dancing"

Spin dryer
16th-June-2007, 09:01 PM
I go for feeling good above looking good. :love:

Looking good is for champs - feeling good is for "dancing"

:yeah:

fletch
17th-June-2007, 05:26 AM

:

I rember this feeling so well,:tears:

Which has generated my personal ambition in dance (I think we all have one):clap: mine is to be able to have a fab dance with any man at any level, if his level is below mine, bring him on a bit,:hug: without scaring him to death,:eek: and making him feel good about the dance,:respect: I would hate it if I thought someone had left the floor thinking ... 'I'm a crap dancer, not up to her leavel':tears:

Where d'you get one like that? I want one!!!:yum:

me to :flower:

dancers that show off to a crowd often have much more 'strict' leads in that they pull the follow around more - which can lead it to being less comfortable and not feeling so good.

Most definitely agree, I have had some very uncomfortable dances with such 'strict' lead that I have felt unable to 'reciprocate' in the dance making it very much a one-way street.

gosh did you dance with that dreadful guy from stockport/manchester ? he
apparently has his own venue :eek: his party peace is throwing you upside down and using you like a tube of shake-n-vac it might work to faster music but to slow blues :eek: : AR$E :angry:

Mini Mac
17th-June-2007, 07:44 AM
Well i love performing so making sure i look and feel good is v important!:wink: I think i look good wen i have a fast track like candyman wer i can reeli let my hair down and be as expressive as i want:D ! Sometimes i like a couple of slow 1s like a tango with a lot of drama in it. ( I done a very good tango at souhport with a man in a waistcoat and a hat. (did any1 else dance with him? Wasn't he really dramatic?:eek:

fletch
17th-June-2007, 09:24 AM
Well i love performing so making sure i look and feel good is v important!:wink: I think i look good wen i have a fast track like candyman wer i can reeli let my hair down and be as expressive as i want:D ! Sometimes i like a couple of slow 1s like a tango with a lot of drama in it. ( I done a very good tango at souhport with a man in a waistcoat and a hat. (did any1 else dance with him? Wasn't he really dramatic?:eek:

Tango :sick:

Waistcoat and a hat :eek: it wasn't that bloke from Stockport was it :angry:

was the waistcoat sparkly :confused: think that might have been Ian, he's in the brochure, or Simon Borland, he's in it to, if you still have it :confused:

nebula
17th-June-2007, 02:04 PM

Shoot me now:really:, if you please, but was poor old me the only one who felt that sliding the hand down the followers breast was a bit of an over-kill? :sick:
I think in this intstance the look-good definitely went head over heels over the feel-good factor. Can't imagine the lady feeling comfortable with that - even in the AT setting.
:what: Unless, of course, they are a couple off the dance floor, as well...

Martin
17th-June-2007, 02:43 PM
Shoot me now:really:, if you please, but was poor old me the only one who felt that sliding the hand down the followers breast was a bit of an over-kill? :sick:
I think in this intstance the look-good definitely went head over heels over the feel-good factor. Can't imagine the lady feeling comfortable with that - even in the AT setting.
:what: Unless, of course, they are a couple off the dance floor, as well...

It was the "good feel" factor :what:

Slightly off thread...

Not expected in Ceroc champs nebula :flower:

David Bailey
17th-June-2007, 07:17 PM
Re: Mystery Tango Man In Hat And Waistcoat:

was the waistcoat sparkly :confused: think that might have been Ian, he's in the brochure,
I don't think Ian wore a hat - I didn't see him in one at least - or a waiscoat come to that?

or Simon Borland, he's in it to, if you still have it :confused:
Simon's a big waistcoat fan ( :respect: ), but I can't see him doing a Tango - or wearing a hat, really.

Hmmm, the plot thickens... :confused: - it wasn't Toby was it?

Astro
17th-June-2007, 07:29 PM

Slightly off thread...

I thought it was edging into soft porn at times. I assumed they were a coupleon and off the dancefloor.

nebula
17th-June-2007, 09:27 PM

Slightly off thread...

Not expected in Ceroc champs nebula :flower:
:rofl: :rofl: Phew!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Mini Mac
17th-June-2007, 09:42 PM
Tango :sick:

Waistcoat and a hat :eek: it wasn't that bloke from Stockport was it :angry:

was the waistcoat sparkly :confused: think that might have been Ian, he's in the brochure, or Simon Borland, he's in it to, if you still have it :confused:

No it was black leather and a black sort of beret hat:sick:

PretzelMeister
18th-June-2007, 12:29 PM
~snip~
Addendum
Just reading the above before posting, and it looks like the primary reason I'm offering for your dance not being good was because you were not technically as proficient as your lead and they were trying moves that you found difficult to follow. This is neither my feeling nor intention. I'm just suggesting that that may have been a contributing factor, on top all the other stuff that's already been posted on this thread:

maybe their lead wasn't very good / you weren't sure what they were leading
maybe their timing wasn't good - not dancing on the beat making it difficult to follow
maybe everybody was dancing on the beat, but interpreting the music differently so it just didn't gel
maybe they'd had a bad day at work / was still thinking about something that'd just been said to them during the last dance or for whatever reason wasn't fully focussed on that particular dance with you, detracting from its quality

- Apologies for the the glaringly obvious omission from the above list:

maybe he was a complete selfish ar$e and didn't care whether his partner (you!) had an enjoyable dance or not {apparently there are people like that out there - don't stumble across them too often, hence wasn't at forefront of my mind for inclusion on the original list.

I really hope it wasn't, but if that was the case, then suggest you:

try not to take it personally - 99.999% sure he'll be like that with many follows, not just you
don't ask him to dance again - his loss!

In the meantime, keep the faith.

PM

Martin
18th-June-2007, 12:51 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Phew!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

It is all good... go for the champs, keep asking... just add the caviate... no tit touching... :hug:

Lee Bartholomew
18th-June-2007, 01:10 PM

I always love learning new moves off youtube. lol