PDA

View Full Version : Southport - September 2008 - who's going?

El Salsero Gringo
16th-September-2005, 07:48 PM
Just thought we could start on this one real early. Don't be shy now...

WittyBird
16th-September-2005, 07:52 PM

:rofl: cant type too busy laughing you crack me up :grin: :rofl:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-September-2005, 07:55 PM
Don't think i'll be able to make it. I'll either be at uni, or working (hopefully-touch wood) professionally by then.

OR, how would you fancy a wee break from dancing to come and watch some Shakespear? :whistle:

angelique
19th-September-2005, 07:23 PM
Er, just checked my diary for this one.....might be watching my hair that weekend! :rofl:

Doh...... :blush: :really:

That might even be washing my hair...have just got back from Southport...need I say anymore??? :clap:

Little Monkey
19th-September-2005, 07:28 PM
Er, just checked my diary for this one.....might be watching my hair that weekend! :rofl:

Watching your hair....? Now that's a new one! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Personally I don't think I shall be there, as I will by then have married a rich and handsome man, and will probably be on a World Cruise.

LM - it's allowed to dream

Lucy Locket
19th-September-2005, 07:28 PM
Come on ESG you haven't even told us if you'll be there. It will make all the difference. On second thoughts maybe it's best we don't know till it's too late & we can't cancel.

:rofl:

Cruella
19th-September-2005, 07:29 PM

Doh...... :blush: :really:

That might even be washing my hair...have just got back from Southport...need I say anymore??? :clap:
Your driving wasn't too scary at all considering how tired you were! Thanks again for the lift. See you soon. X

LMC
19th-September-2005, 07:34 PM
Personally I don't think I shall be there, as I will by then have married a rich and handsome man, and will probably be on a World Cruise.
I will also have married a (DIFFERENT) rich and handsome man who will be tall and a fabulous dancer and therefore will want to come to Southport with me.

The parallel universe in which the above events will take place is some layers away from ours...

Minnie M
19th-September-2005, 07:40 PM
(love the new avatar Cruella - you must be loosing your touch though, he doesn't look very scared)

2008 hmm..... serioulsy, I would love to think that it would be as good as this year, however I can't honestly think it will be the same, not if the track record of other weekenders are anything to go by.

Anyway ESG you might be married with a couple of kids in 2008 :whistle:

Let's not worry about 3 years time, IMHO 2006 should be great :clap: :clap: :clap: I want to book now :yeah:

under par
20th-September-2005, 02:03 AM
How many days to go then ESG?

Clive Long
20th-September-2005, 09:00 AM
Mr UP

On behalf of the forum ......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DavidY
20th-September-2005, 12:07 PM
How many days to go then?I believe it's between 1,081 and 1,102. :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-September-2005, 12:14 PM
I believe it's between 1,081 and 1,102. :whistle:ONLY ELEVENTY HUNDRED AND TWO DAYS TO GO!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
20th-September-2005, 12:24 PM
ONLY ELEVENTY HUNDRED AND TWO DAYS TO GO!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll leave it to ESG to maintain the countdown :worthy:

JoC
20th-September-2005, 01:10 PM
I will also have married a (DIFFERENT) rich and handsome man who will be tall and a fabulous dancer and therefore will want to come to Southport with me.Not a lover in every port then? :confused:

Cruella
21st-September-2005, 06:33 PM
(love the new avatar Cruella - you must be loosing your touch though, he doesn't look very scared)

:
I've gone off scaring dogs, taken to frightening the men instead. :wink:

under par
5th-October-2005, 03:00 PM
I'll leave it to ESG to maintain the countdown :worthy:

Ive lost count now!!!:(

How long have we got to go???

stewart38
8th-October-2005, 03:04 PM

3yrs away, yes should be through another marriage and divorced by then count me in :waycool:

If global warming is as bad as they say i doubt if it will be there anyway

senorita
10th-October-2005, 03:03 PM

I will need some time to think about this one! :nice: :rofl:

drathzel
10th-October-2005, 04:50 PM
i'll prob be going, by that point i will be back in northern ireland! i'll try and bring a huge group with me!!:hug:

David Bailey
10th-October-2005, 08:04 PM
So, what are the odds this thread will keep going for another 3 years then?
I reckon it's in with a good shot...

drathzel
10th-October-2005, 08:41 PM
I reckon it's in with a good shot...

It could even out do the singleton sofa!:devil:

Little Monkey
10th-October-2005, 10:19 PM
It could even out do the singleton sofa!:devil:

But with as many posts.... Ummmm. Possibly not.

under par
10th-January-2006, 01:51 PM

can't be too long now eh!:whistle:

Lynn
10th-January-2006, 01:52 PM
I reckon it's in with a good shot...Nah, we'd need to do another one with names...

Liz
10th-January-2006, 04:35 PM
Nah, we'd need to do another one with names...
And shoes!!

stewart38
10th-January-2006, 04:39 PM
I heard given the recent court case decision in May 2008 that Gender balance was illegal ,their going to let all those lovely ladies who have been on a waiting list since January 2006 go !!! :yeah:

drathzel
11th-January-2006, 03:02 PM
And shoes!!
:yeah:

Geordieed
21st-February-2006, 03:10 PM
Has anyone any information on the teacher line-up for Southport in September.

El Salsero Gringo
21st-February-2006, 03:12 PM
Has anyone any information on the teacher line-up for Southport in September.Yup. But I'm sworn to secrecy until at least May 2008.

Geordieed
21st-February-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeh I know. I just thought some of the big fans of Southport might know.

johnah
21st-February-2006, 04:45 PM
[

2008 hmm..... serioulsy, I would love to think that it would be as good as this year, however I can't honestly think it will be the same, not if the track record of other weekenders are anything to go by.

It would be wrong to compare Jive Addiction's track record with other organisers of Jive Weekenders and, even come 2008, we will never take anything for granted and will ensure that Southport remains the UK's PREMIER Modern Jive Weekenders! Believe it!!! :respect:

johnah
21st-February-2006, 04:48 PM
Has anyone any information on the teacher line-up for Southport in September.

Are you referring to 2008 or 2007 or even 2006? The latter would be more realistic!!
:cheers:

Minnie M
21st-February-2006, 04:51 PM
It would be wrong to compare Jive Addiction's track record with other organisers of Jive Weekenders and, even come 2008, we will never take anything for granted and will ensure that Southport remains the UK's PREMIER Modern Jive Weekenders! Believe it!!! :respect:
:respect: have to say, your weekenders (from feedback as well as my own opinion) do seem to be getting better and better - so ................... roll on 2008 !! (hope I will still be fit enought to still be dancing :sad: )

Geordieed
21st-February-2006, 04:51 PM
That would be 2006 please...

johnah
21st-February-2006, 04:55 PM
:respect: have to say, your weekenders (from feedback as well as my own opinion) do seem to be getting better and better - so ................... roll on 2008 !! (hope I will still be fit enought to still be dancing :sad: )

:respect: Huge respect MinnieM, I'm sure you'll be fit enough, place wouldn't be the same without you!:clap:

johnah
21st-February-2006, 04:57 PM
That would be 2006 please...

Think you need to ask your question in an appropriate thread then, who knows, you just might get an answer. :wink:

Geordieed
21st-February-2006, 05:02 PM
Think you need to ask your question in an appropriate thread then, who knows, you just might get an answer. :wink:

I'll mark you down as a don't know then:wink:

Minnie M
21st-February-2006, 05:02 PM
:respect: Huge respect MinnieM, I'm sure you'll be fit enough, place wouldn't be the same without you!:clap:
awe shucks, what a lovely thing to say :blush: :flower: :hug: :kiss: thank you :hug:

johnah
21st-February-2006, 05:09 PM
I'll mark you down as a don't know then:wink:

Think you might be wrong to do that, because, surprisingly perhaps, I do know. :rofl:

This thread is an inappropriate one in which to answer though. If someone asked Southport - September 2006 anyone know who the teachers might be well, it just might elicit the right response.:wink:

Jive Brummie
22nd-February-2006, 09:29 PM
Think you might be wrong to do that, because, surprisingly perhaps, I do know. :rofl:

This thread is an inappropriate one in which to answer though. If someone asked Southport - September 2006 anyone know who the teachers might be well, it just might elicit the right response.:wink:

No problemo...

j.

Sheepman
3rd-September-2006, 12:50 PM
I've only just come across this thread, I thought it would be interesting to revisit some predictions made nearly a year ago...
(Yay, my first chance to use multiple quotes!)

I'll either be at uni, or working (hopefully-touch wood) professionally by then. How many years left at uni?

...might be watching my hair that weekend! :rofl:
I do hope that's watching it grow, and not watching it disappear! :eek: :wink:

Personally I don't think I shall be there, as I will by then have married a rich and handsome man, and will probably be on a World Cruise.Oh well, that's me out of the picture then. :sad:
- I never did fancy a World Cruise. :whistle:

I've gone off scaring dogs, taken to frightening the men instead. :wink: Another 2 years of practice to go, you should have it down to perfection by then!

3yrs away, yes should be through another marriage and divorced by then count me in Any progress?

i'll prob be going, by that point i will be back in northern ireland! i'll try and bring a huge group with me!!:hug: :clap: Tips Drathzel as the one most likely to succeed! :clap:

So that was just from page 1, anyone know how to get multiple quotes over more than one pages?

As for me, I expect I'll be there, though maybe only virtually, broadcasting my set from a remote location, to simultaneous weekenders in 30 different countries, as part of "Jive Addictions Universal Productions Inc" biggest event to date with 40,000 dancers!

Greg

straycat
3rd-September-2006, 01:01 PM
Which means yes, and which means no? Or does 'woo-hoooo' mean you're happy with your choice, and 'boo-hoooo' means you're not?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Little Monkey
3rd-September-2006, 09:16 PM
Oh well, that's me out of the picture then. :sad:

He doesn't want me! Waaaaah! :tears: :tears: :tears:

- I never did fancy a World Cruise. :whistle:

Oh well......... Any other suggestions? September isn't that great for skiing, unless you'd like to try water skiing?

David Bailey
3rd-September-2006, 09:21 PM
Which means yes, and which means no? Or does 'woo-hoooo' mean you're happy with your choice, and 'boo-hoooo' means you're not?
:
Woo-hoo = yes, boo-hoo = no.

Although you may be taking this thread a little too seriously if you worry that much about it :rolleyes:

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-September-2006, 10:18 PM
Woo-hoo = yes, boo-hoo = no.

Although you may be taking this thread a little too seriously if you worry that much about it :rolleyes:I was about to ask which plonker put that poll together :blush:

David Bailey
4th-September-2006, 09:04 AM
I was about to ask which plonker put that poll together :blush:
:rofl: It takes a big man to admit he's a plonker. :respect:

David Bailey
23rd-February-2007, 10:13 AM
OK, it pains me to do it, but I'm closing this poll. :rolleyes:

Jamie
23rd-February-2007, 11:39 AM
Nooooooooooooooo!

I wanted to vote Woo Hoo!!! :D

fletch
26th-February-2007, 09:04 AM
Is there a tread for June I carn't find it:confused:

anyway, I am looking for two men booking on June to book with two female freinds as I belive all the single female places have gone.:sad:

Please PM me and i can put you in touch with each other :cheers:

David Bailey
26th-February-2007, 09:23 AM
Is there a tread for June I carn't find it:confused:

anyway, I am looking for two men booking on June to book with two female freinds as I belive all the single female places have gone.:sad:

Please PM me and i can put you in touch with each other :cheers:
Ahem... check the date on the thread... :whistle:

:na:

fletch
26th-February-2007, 10:59 AM
Ahem... check the date on the thread... :whistle:

:na:

nanana! :blush:

so where is the June thread? :confused:

David Bailey
26th-February-2007, 11:06 AM
nanana! :blush:

so where is the June thread? :confused:
You want a June 2008 thread, feel free to start it :innocent:

fletch
26th-February-2007, 03:30 PM
You want a June 2008 thread, feel free to start it :innocent:

your just sooooo helpfull:rolleyes:

I still carn't find it and I need to sort hese tickets out :sad:

David Bailey
26th-February-2007, 03:45 PM
your just sooooo helpfull:rolleyes:
Goes with the job spec :)

I still carn't find it and I need to sort hese tickets out :sad:
There is no Southport June thread, for either 2007 or 2008 - does that help?

But there's a classifieds section (http://www.cerocscotland.com/classifieds/)...

fletch
26th-February-2007, 04:22 PM
There is no Southport June thread, for either 2007 or 2008 - does that help?

I wonder why? :confused:

where is UP with the count down :eek:

the link only let me sell not buy and I only want to find two men for two girls to book with, i didn't think it would be so hard :tears:

David Bailey
14th-June-2007, 11:53 AM
I thought I'd re-open this poll :grin:

Feel free to vote :clap:

johnah
14th-June-2007, 11:58 AM
I thought I'd re-open this poll :grin:

Feel free to vote :clap:

Dancer's like to know who is going, so can we have an open poll please DJ?:whistle:

ducasi
14th-June-2007, 12:09 PM
Think we really need a fresh new thread with a full public poll...

David Bailey
14th-June-2007, 12:11 PM
Dancer's like to know who is going, so can we have an open poll please DJ?:whistle:
Sorry, but this we can't make private polls public (i.e. it's not possible), so this one is unalterable.

Feel free to blame ESG for that however :whistle:

It's interesting to read through people's comments though :)

Think we really need a fresh new thread with a full public poll...
What, and waste all the historical posts? :eek:

stewart38
14th-June-2007, 12:12 PM
3yrs away, yes should be through another marriage and divorced by then count me in :waycool:

If global warming is as bad as they say i doubt if it will be there anyway

15 months to go i better get my act in gear

Hows the ice caps doing ?? :whistle:

ducasi
14th-June-2007, 01:50 PM
Closed the poll again – who really knows what they're doing in September NEXT YEAR?!

David Bailey
14th-June-2007, 01:55 PM
Closed the poll again – who really knows what they're doing in September NEXT YEAR?!

Spoilsport :na:

(I bet Under Par knows... :whistle: )

Double Trouble
14th-June-2007, 02:42 PM

Ducasi...I'm so tempted to predict what you will be doing next September...can't risk a ban though.:wink:

johnah
14th-June-2007, 03:37 PM

I do. :wink: :whistle:

johnah
14th-June-2007, 03:52 PM

Let's not worry about 3 years time, IMHO 2006 should be great :clap: :clap: :clap: I want to book now :yeah:

Looking back, what's your view now MinnieM. :wink:

fletch
14th-June-2007, 04:01 PM
I do. :wink: :whistle:

and me, where's the form and can I send a cheque now :D

Looking back, what's your view now MinnieM. :wink:

going from strength to strength. :clap:

I can't believe how may threads we had running before Southport June,:eek: and there almost a fenzie now for September, its all everyone is talking about.......are you going in September :na:

Even i'm thinking 'are we this sad get a life' :rolleyes:

having said that

UP how many day's to Southport :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jamie
14th-June-2007, 04:04 PM
and me, where's the form and can I send a cheque now :D

:yeah::clap::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

under par
14th-June-2007, 04:44 PM
Even i'm thinking 'are we this sad get a life' :rolleyes:

having said that

UP how many day's to Southport :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm not sure I'm allowed to say.....

92 sleeps to Sept 07 232sleeps to Feb 2008 and 351 sleeps to June 2008 and an incredible 456 sleeps to Southport 2008

but whos counting????:confused:

Gav
14th-June-2007, 05:30 PM

Ducasi...I'm so tempted to predict what you will be doing next September...can't risk a ban though.:wink:

Continuing in your role of chief inspector of the fun police on this or some other forum?

fletch
14th-June-2007, 06:23 PM
but whos counting????:confused:

I thought that was your job UP :cheers:

David Bailey
7th-February-2008, 05:15 PM
Probably time to resurrect this thread... :innocent:

Gav
7th-February-2008, 05:20 PM
Probably time to resurrect this thread... :innocent:

or you could get a job :whistle:

stewart38
7th-February-2008, 05:37 PM

Anyway ESG you might be married with a couple of kids in 2008 :whistle:

Isnt it funny reading peoples threads ?

ps the ice caps havent melted yet

David Bailey
7th-February-2008, 05:40 PM
Isnt it funny reading old peoples threads
I thought so... :devil:

or you could get a job :whistle:
Now that's crazy talk.

Gav
7th-February-2008, 05:40 PM
Lots of stuff
Isnt it funny reading old peoples threads ?

How rude! :D
You're no spring chicken yourself, you know :na:

stewart38
7th-February-2008, 05:48 PM

My birthday on saturday im being take out for a surprise

Just hope it isnt too far ,there are no steep steps and any music isnt too loud and they understand when i ask for a soda and lime i want two straws and more lime then you generally get

Minnie M
7th-February-2008, 09:32 PM
:rofl:
:tears: after the last Southport I am beginning to realise that too !!

BUT I am booked for Septembr 2008 :clap:

:blush:
anyone got a choccie flavoured hat I can eat

Steven666
7th-February-2008, 10:09 PM
I'll probably think about booking in August or so.

DavidY
8th-February-2008, 12:55 AM
Probably time to resurrect this thread... :innocent:Are you going to reopen the poll too?

David Bailey
8th-February-2008, 01:08 AM
Are you going to reopen the poll too?

Could do, but it'd still be non-public. I could kill it off and start a new one or something, let me look at it tomorrow.

I blame ESG.

sway
8th-February-2008, 02:33 PM
i want to as i could not go this week end

(all i am saying is lady drivers, yes i know i am one but i dont drive like most ladys) :angry:

trying to sort my ticket with wes :wink: so hopefully i will be there, :D