PDA

View Full Version : mini dvds

Spin dryer
12th-June-2007, 11:34 PM
I have a mini dvd recorder and I'd like to be able to upload clips to my laptop so I can them forward them by email. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what software I need to get to be able to upload, edit and forward clips.

Thanks

Mac
13th-June-2007, 12:20 AM
I have a mini dvd recorder and I'd like to be able to upload clips to my laptop so I can them forward them by email. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what software I need to get to be able to upload, edit and forward clips.

Thanks

Im assuming that by Mini DVD recorder you are talking recorders not the actual Discs?

If you want to upload clips to your laptop why do you need a recorder?:confused:

If you have a camcorder you can plug that straight into the said laptop and transfer directly to the hard drive in MPEG 2 or MPEG4 Formats.

"My DVD" v 5.5 by Sonic will capture from a camcorder and convert directly into the above formats.

If you wish to transfer footage you already have on a disc "MY DVD" will also allow you to imput existing complient files from a DVD straight into a project for triming and more advanced editing.

You can then export to ther net from the progamme if you are connected.

There are other software packages that will do the same but for my money avoid anything made by Pinnacle :sad: if you load that on you wont ever get rid of it and nothing else will work over it:eek:

Hope that helps Mac:cheers:

Spin dryer
13th-June-2007, 12:37 AM
That's very helpful Mac, thanks.

Strangely, my camcorder doesn't have sockets for connecting to a laptop (eg USB port). It has (phono?)connections so that you can play it through a television, but I don't think that's what you mean. Anyhow, it sounds from what you say that if I buy the "My DVD" software I can then upload from the mini DVDs and then edit.

Thanks again.

bigdjiver
13th-June-2007, 01:07 AM
I do not own a camcorder and am ignorant on them. I buy mini DVDs from our local Poundshop and these are recordable and readable in a normal full sized DVD drive both on my computer and on my DVD recorder. I can just copy files onto my hard drive from them. Is the same true for camera DVD's, or are these something different?

Yliander
13th-June-2007, 08:13 AM

Thanksdid your recorder not come with software for this? I know that my camera did - although it didn't come with the cables to connect to my computer for downloading

Dreadful Scathe
13th-June-2007, 09:22 AM
i think it would be helpful if you told us exactly what model of dvd recorder you have ! cheers

Mac
13th-June-2007, 08:17 PM
That's very helpful Mac, thanks.

Strangely, my camcorder doesn't have sockets for connecting to a laptop (eg USB port). It has (phono?)connections so that you can play it through a television, but I don't think that's what you mean. Anyhow, it sounds from what you say that if I buy the "My DVD" software I can then upload from the mini DVDs and then edit.

Thanks again.

Spin Dryer. Yes get MY DVD by all means, but your laptop will need a firewire connection which is what I suspect your camcorder has in order to connect to your Laptop.

If you dont have fire wire and its a laqptop you will have whats known as a card bus socket. you will also need to buy a Bus Card-firewire connector (or 1394 port to give it its proper name.) I can recommend Pyro by ADS but your talking money now (about £50) Look out for bundles such as a crd bus and software as this may doo everything for you out of one box
:cheers:

I do not own a camcorder and am ignorant on them. I buy mini DVDs from our local Poundshop and these are recordable and readable in a normal full sized DVD drive both on my computer and on my DVD recorder. I can just copy files onto my hard drive from them. Is the same true for camera DVD's, or are these something different?

Bigdjiver
Essentially 31/2 inch DVDs are the same as mini DVDs provided they have not been finalised ( an authoring process.) You should be able to load the DVBD on the PC and then close it down if it auto plays then in my computor explore the DVD, find the Mpeg files and drag them into a folder on the hard drive which will then copy them. Different software packages have different Icons for the files.
:cheers:

Protected Discs wont copy -Numpties i know what you are all thinking!!!!:whistle: