PDA

View Full Version : Showcase music

Lee Bartholomew
12th-June-2007, 03:56 PM
Thinking about entering a showcase for next years champs with BlueEyes. Only a thought at the mo, but, exp those that know us, what music should we pick.

I've been racking my brain for weeks. Best I have come up with is pump it but ob thats been done, so something along those lines.

:cheers:

WF

Yliander
12th-June-2007, 04:07 PM
picking music for a showcase is a complex business - but really the main factor for me has always been something that I hear and I can see in my head, the shape and form of the dancing, and then there is the consideration of will it engage an audience...

mostly it comes down in large part to personal choice and the goal of the showcase - competition, performance, promotion

be aware that what ever song you choose - chances are you are likely to never want to hear it - or at least for a long while - once you have heard it for the millionth time!!

ducasi
12th-June-2007, 04:44 PM
From experience, it looks like music which engages the audience makes a big, big difference to how well you do, so pick something that everyone will know.

However, don't pick something that you hear at dances all the time, as it has to be something special.

First idea of the top of my head... The Grange Hill theme. There's a cool mash-up of it with Eminem that might be worth using too.

Simon r
12th-June-2007, 04:47 PM
how about Chesney Hawkes - The One And Only

seems to fit

Gav
12th-June-2007, 04:49 PM
Or, "I wish I believed I could fly", by R Kelly and Orville? :na:

David Franklin
12th-June-2007, 05:19 PM
From experience, it looks like music which engages the audience makes a big, big difference to how well you do, so pick something that everyone will know.Good advice.

However, don't pick something that you hear at dances all the time, as it has to be something special.Also good advice.

First idea of the top of my head... The Grange Hill theme. There's a cool mash-up of it with Eminem that might be worth using too.Not so sure about this, feels like it would be dull to dance to, although I haven't heard the mash up.

I would say that unless you have fantastic quality of movement (or you're doing an aerials routine), showcase music should be a fair bit faster than a typical Ceroc track - dancing at 120-130bpm can often look very "ploddy", particularly when you're doing a routine (and thus lose a lot of the spontaneity of freestyle dancing).

Themed routines are good though, particularly at the Ceroc Champs. Something based on 'Pirates of the Caribbean' might work well. Just don't you dare do something based on "300"! That's pre-booked for my Airdance(tm) team cabaret...

Or, you could just go for something everyone will associate with you - how about "I'm so Dizzy"?