PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Thread Rep

Gus
10th-June-2007, 02:19 PM
I notice a certain thread has been deleted, rather than being taken outside. Although I understand the reason its a shame as there was some classic WFace comments and resulting b1tch-slapping of said WF .... all now lost to future generations. :tears: :tears:

However, on a very selfish point, I managed to get some rep for some of the aforementioned b1tch-slapping. Are those rep points similalrly lost for ever? :(

straycat
10th-June-2007, 02:22 PM
However, on a very selfish point, I managed to get some rep for some of the aforementioned b1tch-slapping. Are those rep points similalrly lost for ever? :(

So far as I can judge, they remain.

Martin
10th-June-2007, 02:39 PM
I notice a certain thread has been deleted, rather than being taken outside. Although I understand the reason its a shame as there was some classic WFace comments and resulting b1tch-slapping of said WF .... all now lost to future generations. :tears: :tears:

Hey Gus long time no see (last time was 2004), but I am happy to b1tch slap you.. <where is that whipping icon when you need it...>

Classics from a new dancer w/f - should that not be "modern pop" :whistle:

ducasi
10th-June-2007, 05:56 PM
So far as I can judge, they remain.
As far as I'm aware, the points stay unless/until rep points are re-calculated across the forum.

SilverFox
10th-June-2007, 07:07 PM
Have to disagree with there Ducasi.

On the very rare occasions when I've made disparaging remarks about other forumites:innocent: , resulting in my posts being deleted, the rep points and comments have definitely been deleted too. It's a shame really, because my deleted posts usually get the most rep. :D

under par
10th-June-2007, 07:14 PM

On the very rare occasions when I've made disparaging remarks about other forumites:innocent: , resulting in my posts being deleted, the rep points and comments have definitely been deleted too. It's a shame really, because my deleted posts usually get the most rep. :D

Thats cos you even more cr@p in all your other posts than you do in your deleted ones:D :D

SilverFox
10th-June-2007, 07:17 PM
Thats cos you even more cr@p in all your other posts than you do in your deleted ones:D :D:confused: Even Google can't translate that one. You been on the Babycham again?..:wink:

...occifer... :sick:

Caro
10th-June-2007, 07:52 PM
From my experience, it depends. Generally speaking, rep points and comments stay eventhough the thread has been deleted.
Unless Franck decides to wipe the rep out as well, for example for abusive neg-rep comments... they can get deleted and points re-instated. I suppose if he's well annoyed with the whole thread he might just as well delete + rep comments as well.

Dance Demon
10th-June-2007, 09:50 PM
:confused: Even Google can't translate that one. You been on the Babycham again?..:wink:

...occifer... :sick:

you been getting posting etiquette lessons from your mate Rocky then?........:whistle:

ducasi
10th-June-2007, 11:23 PM

OK, let me clarify... When a post is deleted, the rep comments and points get deleted along with it. However, when a thread is deleted, the rep comments and points within that thread do not get deleted immediately.

However, an Administrator can force the forum software to go through and re-count rep from all current, valid posts, which will result in the loss of the points gained (or the gain of the points lost) in the posts from the deleted thread.

That make sense?

SilverFox
10th-June-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the clarification. :flower:

bigdjiver
11th-June-2007, 09:05 AM
...Unless Franck decides to wipe the rep out as well...I suspect that Franck has :eek: :sick: :confused: moments when he would like to delete the whole forum. I hope they are more than made up for in moments when he begins to realise just how much he has achieved, and thinks WOW! I made that. :respect:
In Bedford the other night I saw some people practicing a new move and was able to think "Ah! That's probably who Onkar is, and that's probably the "Stokie slide".
Family business kept me away from the forum for a few days, and from some "must attend" events. I have a sense of loss over both.
In the long term the forum was probably the bigggest loss, because here the ethos of MJ was on view. For me we should be able to come to an MJ night with a wide range of standards of dance and dress, expecting not to be hurt physically or mentally.

David Bailey
11th-June-2007, 10:06 AM
I suspect that Franck has :eek: :sick: :confused: moments when he would like to delete the whole forum.
I suspect you're right :rofl:

straycat
11th-June-2007, 11:40 AM
I suspect you're right :rofl:

Well - so long as he doesn't check the 'delete members from reality' option if he ever does it....

'Cos that would be Bad. :eek: