PDA

View Full Version : Dead Leg?

Jayne
7th-August-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm having a blond moment - can someone help please? I have vague memories of a move from Adam's workshop where you're supposed to have a "dead leg"; the guy is behind the girl and you go round in a circle.

Can anyone remember:

a) How you get into this move
b) how you get out of it
c) which leg is dead - the right?
d) what it's called?

I've had a look at Gadget's notes but can find something that matches up to what I'm thinking of...

Can anyone help please?

Ta muchly!

J :nice:

Tiggerbabe
7th-August-2003, 02:19 PM
Hi Jayne, hopefully this is the one you mean - I think it's called the Garbo Variation.

(Taken from notes kindly given to me by Steven)

R to R
Take R hand out to the R at shoulder level
Collect lady's L hand - again at shoulder level - Lady now in front of the man with arms outstretched
Take L hand onto lady's stomach as you take R hand up over her head.
R hand then taken in front of lady's face, then out to side, back in at shoulder level, back out and in at chest level, back out and into the stomach - hips should be moving in same direction as R hand.

Variation involves stopping when you bring your L hand onto lady's stomach with your R hand above her head . Rotate hips ACW once then pivot round on left leg - right leg follows in dead leg fashion - pivot on spot in 4 90 degree ACW turns still rotating hips...............

To get out - unwrap partner still holding R to R.

For a great demo of this move watch "Burn the Floor" - Hot - Too Hot :drool: :drool:

Gadget
7th-August-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Hi Jayne, hopefully this is the one you mean - I think it's called the Garbo Variation.
Is that the one that has a kind of "cowboy" hip/body rotation? If so, I knew the move, but didn't know which move it was a variant of!

Tiggerbabe
8th-August-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
Is that the one that has a kind of "cowboy" hip/body rotation? If so, I knew the move, but didn't know which move it was a variant of!

Yup! That's the one :D

Jayne
8th-August-2003, 10:43 AM
Thank you sheena (and gadget)! I'd got gadget's notes but hadn't clocked that the move I was thinking of was a variant of the Garbo..

J :nice: