PDA

View Full Version : How was your class this week?

Dallen
30th-May-2007, 11:21 PM
Just into the house from the Belfast class. Tonight our beginners routine was made up of the First Move, Shoulder Slide, YoYo, and the Ceroc Spin.
The intermediate routine was: Pretzel Variation, Catapult walk through and a variation on the First Move, the name of which escapes me.
The Pretzel Variation was a wee bit tricky, but got it in the end and practised it with a few of the ladies.
Quite a few newcomers tonight too, some with potential. As usual with some first timers, you have to encourage nice floppy arms and no thumbs, but then that is par for the course with first timers and Rome was not built in a day!

Twirly
31st-May-2007, 11:04 AM
Dizzy! :sick:

I didn't make beginners, and am not sure that apart from the teapot, any of the moves in our routine had names - am sure that George just makes 'em up as she goes along sometimes! :what: But three double spins (in new shoes that wouldn't let me spin :tears:), lots of almost-pretzel arm-twisty stuff, a small dip and a leanback in one routine (plus other stuff), with a packed class (no space) and her teaching it at what felt like twice the normal speed was somewhat knackering! One of the female leads in the class actually said that she was glad that she was leading rather than following the routine :eek:

And I swear that George has army training sometimes as she puts us through our paces! :rofl: I do love her classes though - they are quite a challenge, even if last night's got the better of me!