PDA

View Full Version : Naming help.....

Lou
5th-August-2003, 11:02 AM
My company have just announced a competition for us employees - to name the new 7 meeting rooms and 3 buildings. After these last few weeks here I keep coming up with twisted solutions, so I was wondering if anyone here could help?

So far I thought of the 7 deadly sins. However, I suspect that the "Sloth" room would be in great demand, and I think some people would be worried to say they'll be in "Lust" with their manager.

Any thoughts?

L
-x-

Aleks
5th-August-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Lou
So far I thought of the 7 deadly sins. However, I suspect that the "Sloth" room would be in great demand, and I think some people would be worried to say they'll be in "Lust" with their manager.

Any thoughts?

L
-x-

The 3 Graces for the 3 buildings?

TheTramp
5th-August-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Lou
My company have just announced a competition for us employees - to name the new 7 meeting rooms and 3 buildings. After these last few weeks here I keep coming up with twisted solutions, so I was wondering if anyone here could help?

Any thoughts?

L
-x- Heh. Great idea Lou.

How about the 3 Stooges for the other one?

Steve

Aleks
5th-August-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Lou

Any thoughts?

L
-x-

3 little pigs and 7 dwarves.

DavidB
5th-August-2003, 11:33 AM
Buildings - Heaven, Hell, Purgatory

Meeting Rooms - Limbo, Lustful, Gluttonous, Prodigal, Wrathful, Heretic, Violent (the first 7 levels of hell according to Dante)

or

Buildings - Bitter, Lager, Cider
Meeting Rooms - Tetley's, Carlsberg, Fosters, Budweiser, Guinness, Carling, Strongbow (the first 7 levels of hell according to my liver)

or

Buildings - Ceroc, Leroc, Blitz
Meeting Rooms - First Move, Slide Break, Neck Break, Yoyo, Hatchback, Pretzel, Basket (the first 7 levels of hell according to my ballroom teacher)

or, especially for Bristol (and highly unoriginal),

Buildings - Isambard, Kingdom, Brunel
Meeting Rooms - Clifton Bridge, Great Eastern, Great Britain, Great Western, Royal Albert Bridge, GWR, Atmospheric Engine

Lou
5th-August-2003, 12:02 PM
This isn't fair! Much as I'm truely laughing out loud at your wonderful answers - it seems your ideas are as cynical & twisted as my own!

Except, DavidB's sensible answer, of course, which is exactly what the judges will be looking for!

We previously had a similar comp to name the work's canteen. (I'd better tell you first that I work for an Aggregates/Quarrying company). Did they choose the wonderful "Crushed Rock Cafe"? Nope - they settled for "Stone's Bistro"!

Lou
5th-August-2003, 12:04 PM
btw... Aleks - love the idea of the "Grumpy" room! :D

TheTramp
5th-August-2003, 12:16 PM
Following on from David's idea about a Famous Bristolian, why not take the names of 7 other famous Bristolians....

Brunel (Isambard Kingdom) - Inventor
Cabot (John) - Explorer
Davy (Sir Humphrey) - Inventor
Defoe (Daniel) - Author
Wesley (John) - Preacher
Grant (Cary) - Actor
Southey (Robert) - Poet Laureate

Just as well there aren't 8 rooms, or you might have ended up with the Schimmelpenninck (Mary Anne) room :D

Steve

Lou
5th-August-2003, 12:21 PM
Now you're getting the idea, Steve! :wink: Although, technically we're outside Bristol. Our only claims to fame are that JK Rowling was born here & Alexander Flemming lived in my street for a while....

TheTramp
5th-August-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Now you're getting the idea, Steve! :wink: Although, technically we're outside Bristol. Our only claims to fame are that JK Rowling was born here & Alexander Flemming lived in my street for a while.... Ah. Well. If you're outside Bristol, then finding 7 famous people who were born outside Bristol will be a lot easier. Just about anyone who wasn't born in Bristol would work :na:

Steve

Lou
5th-August-2003, 12:29 PM
:yum:

TheTramp
5th-August-2003, 12:29 PM
So, expanding on the JK Rowling theme:

3 buildings: Hogwarts. Diagon Alley. Platform 9 3/4's.

Rooms: Harry Potter. Professor Dumbledore. Ron Weasley. Hagrid. Hermione Granger. Sirius Black. Lord Voldemort.

Steve

Lou
5th-August-2003, 12:48 PM
Oooops! I fibbed about Flemming! It was Edward Jenner! :what: