PDA

View Full Version : outlook 2003

Lucy Locket
29th-May-2007, 10:18 AM
i can receive emails, i can send emails but no one is receiving them. hotmail works it's just outlook, i haven't changed anything and had no idea till yesterday (Monday) but no one has received anything since last Wednesday.

Any idea what the problem is?

Dreadful Scathe
29th-May-2007, 10:38 AM
you're using Outlook ? I've always seen that as a major problem :)

you could try and send an email to your own address and see if you get it. If theres a problem check your ISPs status page.

Lucy Locket
29th-May-2007, 10:41 AM
you're using Outlook ? I've always seen that as a major problem :)

you could try and send an email to your own address and see if you get it. If theres a problem check your ISPs status page.

sent one to hotmail & never received it, sent one from hotmail & received it.

how do i check ISPs status page please? why would anything have changed itself????

Nick M
29th-May-2007, 12:17 PM
sent one to hotmail & never received it, sent one from hotmail & received it.

Click Tools - Email accounts and look at the properties of your main email account. Are the mail servers correct, especially your outgoing mail server? (You can find the names of the mail servers from your ISPs website). Are your email details correct? Are your username and password correct?

HTH

nick

Lucy Locket
29th-May-2007, 12:46 PM
checked everything, just rang Tiscali my ISP & they have a problem & no idea how long it will take to resolve.

Thank you for your help everyone:flower:

ducasi
29th-May-2007, 03:12 PM
Here's more info on Tiscali's problems...

Tiscali rained off in marathon email snafu | The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/29/tiscali_smtp_email_holiday/)

DavidY
29th-May-2007, 07:55 PM
Well they're still (IMHO) doing better than PlusNet who, in the last year or so, have deleted many customers' emails from their servers during an upgrade that went wrong allowed hackers to get into their webmail servers and steal all the email addresses (and possibly other stuff too) so that even people who don't use webmail now get lots of spam.:mad:

Lucy Locket
30th-May-2007, 09:17 AM
Service Status:
Service Status Announcement: Problems with outbound email We are currently experiencing issues with outbound emails on our mail servers. This is not affecting all delivery addresses, some mail will continue to be delivered as normal, but some mail is being blocked by the receiving email servers. Spam is a major issue for all ISPs and periodically all ISPs will be targeted by spammers. We unfortunately have currently fallen foul to such an attack and have been targeted by spammers using our service to send out spam, this in turn has meant other ISPs have taken measures to block mail being sent by Tiscali. Our engineers are taking urgent action to block the spammers abusing our email service, this will progressively take effect over the next few days. We will post daily updates on the Service Status page and also within Forums until normal service is resumed. In you are experiencing this problem and are not sure if your important mail is being received, we suggest that you temporarily use an alternative free email service. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause - Tiscali Technical Support

Lucy Locket
30th-May-2007, 09:19 AM
If you know of anyone using Tiscali as their ISP get them to check that people are receiving their emails. This has been ongoing for over a week now :angry:

Lucy Locket
30th-May-2007, 09:23 AM
Here's more info on Tiscali's problems...

Tiscali rained off in marathon email snafu | The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/29/tiscali_smtp_email_holiday/)

I had no idea until someone asked on Tuesday if they had upset me coz i hadn't replied to their emails on Monday. We checked back to when they last had an email which was last Wednesday & i had sent out funnies every day.

I eventually found out after calling Tiscali yesterday at a cost of 50p/minute:angry: :angry:

It's still not working today & they have no idea how long it will take.:mad:

Dreadful Scathe
30th-May-2007, 02:05 PM
thats why i suggested you check the status on the website or use your online help - they charge for phone calls to put people off making them

email servers are so 90's - gmail is where its at ;)

Northants Girly
30th-May-2007, 04:14 PM
Tiscali news on BBC website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6704003.stm)

Lucy Locket
20th-December-2007, 06:44 AM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am having the same problem again, checked all my settings, pop3 is now pop, so changed that.

Tiscali did have a problem but it is fixed, so why is no one receiving my emails?????????

Have sent myself one & zilch. This has been going on for 3 days now. the out box is empty, the sent box says it has gone, but no one receives anything.

HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEASE

Keefy
20th-December-2007, 09:49 AM
HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEASEYou are with Tiscali - due to that problem you are beyond ordinary help :sad: The only sure-fire way around this is to bypass Tiscali with a commercial service, the one that I recommend is Email Services- Gradwell Dot Com (http://www.gradwell.com/email/) The normal rule is that you can only send emails through your ISP's email servers (it's an anti-spam thing), this can be a complete pain if you travel and use WiFi hotspots and the like. What these commercial services do is provide a high quality email server that can be used from anywhere, but they cost.

Dreadful Scathe
20th-December-2007, 12:00 PM
can i suggest www.gmail.com again - you can pick up your normal mail with it and use it from any computer. You will never have problems like this again. :) I've been using gmail exclusively for 2 years now, theres no way i'd go back to a client program now.