PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to Woodfaces thread?

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 01:02 PM
Where the heck is the thread started by Woodface gone to?
Are there any moderators with enough moral fibre to explain what has happened to it?
XXX XXX DTS:flower:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 01:03 PM
Is posting of Hypothetical questions allowed or is that classed as trolling now?

This is a non Hypothetical question and is not designed to cite/wind up or be inflamatory to any persons living / dead/ not born yet

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 01:03 PM
Where the heck is the thread started by Woodface gone to?
Are there any moderators with enough moral fibre to explain what has happened to it?
XXX XXX DTS:flower:

Apparently asking questions can be seen as trolling :what: . have another 3 DTS :na:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 01:04 PM
Is posting of Hypothetical questions allowed or is that classed as trolling now?

This is a non Hypothetical question and is not designed to cite/wind up or be inflamatory to any persons living / dead/ not born yet

I have a question

WHERE IS THE PREVIOUS THREAD GONE?

XXX XXX DTS

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 01:05 PM
Apparently asking questions can be seen as trolling :what: . have another 3 DTS :na:

They are probably on their way even as we speak.

XXX XX DTS:awe::rofl::drool:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 01:07 PM
They are probably on their way even as we speak.

XXX XX DTS:awe::rofl::drool:

Thats I have another 3. T-shirts for southport?

Andy McGregor
17th-May-2007, 01:09 PM
I got 3 emails saying that I'd had posts on the missing thread amended or deleted for making personal insults. I'm amazed that the thread has disappeared. We have "outside" for personal and insulting threads. IMHO this is where the thread should have been sent, not sent to join the "disappeared" :confused:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 01:10 PM
Thats I have another 3. T-shirts for southport?

Exactly what i meant also.

Are we doing the t-shirts with points thing at SP then?:grin:
XXX XX DTS

Astro
17th-May-2007, 01:12 PM

Trolling - Slang term for seeking a new partner to dance with.
As explained under A to Z of Common Terms used on the Forum.

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 01:13 PM
Had 9 posts dissapear the poof.

Got an email saying the thread was trolling. lol

Was just writing a post saying why it wasn't trolling. Hit send then got a thread gone message.

Maybe we need and unmoderated area of the forum for posts.

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 01:15 PM
I got 3 emails saying that I'd had posts on the missing thread amended or deleted for making personal insults. I'm amazed that the thread has disappeared. We have "outside" for personal and insulting threads. IMHO this is where the thread should have been sent, not sent to join the "disappeared" :confused:
It would appear that the big guns have decided that a small scale nuclear device would sort out the problem of having to explain themselves yet again.

yet another £50 solution to a £2 problem.

XXX XXX DTS:awe:

I await a private pm from the top team.

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2007, 01:20 PM
Apparently asking questions can be seen as trolling

no, that would be "asking stupid questions soliciting annoyed responses", not "any" question :)

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 01:20 PM
I have to agree with DTS.

Woodface started a trolling thread. People (including me) responded.

IMHO, the appropriate action would have been to move it outside. Not delete it.

Over-moderation in the extreme. Sorry David, but IMHO your actions were wrong on this occasion.

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 01:22 PM

If you post obviously inflammatory questions that you apparently don't hold as your actual thoughts, then yes, it's trolling.

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 01:22 PM

Over-moderation in the extreme. Sorry David, but IMHO your actions were wrong on this occasion.

DJ deleted the post. Franck removed thread.

And for one last time it was not trolling, It was asking a question to provide a good grounding for discussion.

Northants Girly
17th-May-2007, 01:23 PM
What is "trolling" ?

:confused:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2007, 01:23 PM
i would disagree. Outside is generally for established threads that get abit over the top, when a thread has no purpose other than trolling, I think it's right to delete it.

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2007, 01:24 PM
What is "trolling" ?

:confused:
see post #9

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 01:25 PM

Trampy baby are we agreeing?

We will be dating next.

You are a very attractive man, dont think i havent noticed, because i have.

XXX XXX DTS:love:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2007, 01:27 PM

posting a thread to discuss trolling when you clearly don't know what it is? This thread is , hopefully , going to be deleted too.

David Franklin
17th-May-2007, 01:29 PM

Over-moderation in the extreme. Sorry David, but IMHO your actions were wrong on this occasion.I'm guessing the overreaction is because a moderator was actively involved in the fracas (and because people kept quoting what he'd posted faster than the moderators could keep up with. Possibly because many agreed with him).

However, I'm strongly of the opinion that a forum can't work if people keep picking at the moderators' decisions, so I'll shut up now...

(Although how come I didn't get a message about my post that got deleted in the crossfire? Sulk!)

Cruella
17th-May-2007, 01:29 PM
no, that would be "asking stupid questions soliciting annoyed responses", not "any" question :)

What did I miss? What was the question? Oh I hate not knowing stuff. :tears:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 01:30 PM
If you post obviously inflammatory questions that you apparently don't hold as your actual thoughts, then yes, it's trolling.

Everyone has had that thought in the back of their head at one point or another. Everyone has danced with a beginner and thought "they will never get it". Even you Trampy. All I asked was A) should they be told (IMHO no I dont think they should) and B) should Taxis say when A beginner should up classes.

Def of Trolling - For example, a neo-Nazi approaching a Jewish forum with the intention of attacking the members, purely because the neo-Nazi knows the forum to contain Jewish members, will be considered a troll.
The general element, that determines whether a malicious user is a troll or not, is the level of indignant emotions present in the person, coupled with the person's history with the forum or group. An indignant user who has had a previous normal relationship with the group is not a troll, even if the user uses methods of attack that are characteristic of a troll attack.
The term Troll is often used as an insult in online communications, resulting in it being largely misapplied.

Lynn
17th-May-2007, 01:31 PM
Have to say personally I'm fed up with the 'wind up/stirring' threads on dance related topics. Fine - mess about as much as you want with chit chat, but don't try to put newbies off by having dance threads where they are not sure if their posts will be taken seriously or mocked. I know they're 'stirring' threads/posts but new members won't.

And posting to stir things up then sit back and laugh at those who try to join in with a considered comment is not the same as raising debate and discussion.

All I asked was A) should they be told (IMHO no I dont think they should) and B) should Taxis say when A beginner should up classes.
Sorry Woodface - I know you're not the only person who does this, but I think you may have done the 'wind up' thing a few too many times and its knocked your credibility in starting/engaging in serious dance discussions.

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 01:35 PM

Basically I started a thread saying something like the following" -

We have all danced with people who have been dancing a few weeks / months and thought they should give up and take up darts/snooker/ cards instead. Should they be told this and also should Taxi dancers be responsible for putting people in to the intermediate classes?

All went blah blah blah. Hate woodface. Woodface is trolling blah blah blah. No one answered question properly. Posts got deleted, then thread got removed. I got done for Trolling :what:

Twirly
17th-May-2007, 01:37 PM

Part-timer! :na:

Twirly
17th-May-2007, 01:39 PM
No one answered question properly.

Actually, some of us did.

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 01:43 PM

BASICALLY A QUESTION WAS ASKED BY WOODFACE ALONG THE LINES OF,
SHOULD A BAD DANCER BE TOLD THAT THEY ARE BAD AND A SUGGESTION MADE TO THEM TO TAKE UP DARTS ETC.

We was all having a slightly heated debate about this when one of the moderators said something silly and backed himself into a corner, on a motorbike.

Things were said and egos bruised and then posts were deleted with no good explanation, AND THEN THE WHOLE THREAD WAS DELETED AND NO REASON GIVEN TO THE POSTIES.

I for one am still waiting for the reasons for the thread deletion, if i did something wrong i want to know about it so i can avoid the same mistake in the future.

I mean can we or can we not disagree with moderators?
XXX XXX DTS

Ps if this is not a good enough explanation i will endeavor to explain better at SP.

XXX:wink::wink::wink:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 01:44 PM
Actually, some of us did.

I think you did twirly along with one or two others but a majority didn't.

A majority moan about stiring when it is them themselves that are doing the stiring whether they know it or not.

Franck
17th-May-2007, 01:52 PM
I for one am still waiting for the reasons for the thread deletion, if i did something wrong i want to know about it so i can avoid the same mistake in the future.You are wrong about why the thread was deleted. Several posts were reported on the thread, and after considering what to do, the 'offensive' posts were deleted. This left the thread in a confusing mess and made no sense.
Moreover, Woodface himself stated that he started threads with views he doesn't share in order to bait a reaction on the Forum. This is a definition of trolling, so rather than spend the afternoon trying to extract sense out of all the postings, I deleted the thread.

If there is a valid discussion to be had on whether Beginners should be told that they are awful and encouraged to take up another hobby, I'd gladly have it, but not in the way Woodface originally launched it.

Dave, you seem to have strong views on moderation, and like to SHOUT a lot, this does not make you right, and most of the time you are not aware of the other reports on any topic. Constantly whining or having a go at moderators does you (and the forum) no good whatsoever.

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 01:59 PM
You are wrong about why the thread was deleted. Several posts were reported on the thread, and after considering what to do, the 'offensive' posts were deleted. This left the thread in a confusing mess and made no sense.
Moreover, Woodface himself stated that he started threads with views he doesn't share in order to bait a reaction on the Forum. This is a definition of trolling, so rather than spend the afternoon trying to extract sense out of all the postings, I deleted the thread.

If there is a valid discussion to be had on whether Beginners should be told that they are awful and encouraged to take up another hobby, I'd gladly have it, but not in the way Woodface originally launched it.

Dave, you seem to have strong views on moderation, and like to SHOUT a lot, this does not make you right, and most of the time you are not aware of the other reports on any topic. Constantly whining or having a go at moderators does you (and the forum) no good whatsoever.

Franck i thank you for your insite and i will endeavour to comply to your valuable advice in the future.

Andy McGregor
17th-May-2007, 02:01 PM
For what it's worth, I don't think woodface was trolling at all. I think he posted his actual view in a provocative way. It was deliberately provocative but I don't think that he actually held the opposite view in that particular case. I believe that he claimed that he was posting the opposite of his view because it became obvious that everybody disagreed with him.

I see this as a sign that woodface is growing up. Three months ago he wouldn't have detected that everyone was disagreeing with him. Well done woodface: you've just emerged from the swamp but will still need to return to the water to breed :whistle:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 02:02 PM

Where did I say this?

Franck you wouldn't be doing what some of the others do and read things in my posts that aren't there would you? :wink:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 02:04 PM
Where did I say this?

Franck you wouldn't be doing what some of the others do and read things in my posts that aren't there would you? :wink:

I think we should all have a group hug and make up and be bestest friends again. :hug::hug::hug:
XXX XXX DTS

And i mean that most sincerley (cant spell it, but you get my meaning).

Barry Shnikov
17th-May-2007, 02:05 PM
posting a thread to discuss trolling when you clearly don't know what it is? This thread is , hopefully , going to be deleted too.

Not only has it not been deleted it appears to have reproduced by binary fission.

Franck
17th-May-2007, 02:06 PM
Where did I say this?

Franck you wouldn't be doing what some of the others do and read things in my posts that aren't there would you? :wink:You said this in the thread we just deleted, here is the quote:

I always play Devils Advocate. Never give my own opinions if you read read any of my threads that get the abuse flowing, I never give and opinion out.

It's how people read it. They read it as if that's my opinion even though I havn't stated what my opinion is.

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 02:09 PM
You said this in the thread we just deleted, here is the quote:

Nowhere have I said that I post to bait the forum. !!!!!!!!!

stewart38
17th-May-2007, 02:09 PM
Had 9 posts dissapear the poof.

Got an email saying the thread was trolling. lol

Was just writing a post saying why it wasn't trolling. Hit send then got a thread gone message.

Maybe we need and unmoderated area of the forum for posts.

I love you will you have my babies ?

will that cancel the bad Karma I gave out

If your going to be PM get the thread back :worthy:

Twirly
17th-May-2007, 02:10 PM
I to am getting fed up with Moderators deciding to take hole threads off or sending we have deleted this re 'personal insults'

This post no doubt will be deleted soon :sad:

True. Even when there was no "insult" and the subject of the so-called insult hasn't actually been insulted :confused: :rolleyes: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2007, 02:10 PM
Err no.

Err Yes. Seems like an accurate assessment to me.

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 02:13 PM
I love you will you have my babies ?

will that cancel the bad Karma I gave out

If your going to be PM get the thread back :worthy:

I second Woodface for PM and i want his babies too.

XXX XX DTS

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 02:14 PM
You are wrong about why the thread was deleted. Several posts were reported on the thread, and after considering what to do, the 'offensive' posts were deleted. This left the thread in a confusing mess and made no sense.

Ok. Fair enough. I apologise. I should never have doubted the moderating! :flower:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 02:17 PM
Ok. Fair enough. I apologise. I should never have doubted the moderating! :flower:

How we doing on the date? Big boy.

XXX XXX DTS:wink::flower:

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 02:18 PM
How we doing on the date? Big boy.

Ummm. Your place or mine?

And you really shouldn't be talking about my tummy like that in public. It's mean! :tears:

Franck
17th-May-2007, 02:19 PM
Nowhere have I said that I post to bait the forum. !!!!!!!!!In the quote you removed in your reply it said that more or less word for word:

I always play Devils Advocate. Never give my own opinions if you read read any of my threads that get the abuse flowing, I never give and opinion out.Especially the bit where you say that your threads get the 'abuse flowing'...

It is my view that the above quote can be construed as deliberate trolling / flame baiting, and I look forward to more constructive debate from you in the future, where you actually state your own views without being provocative or inflammatory.

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 02:22 PM
Ummm. Your place or mine?

And you really shouldn't be talking about my tummy like that in public. It's mean! :tears:

I am sat here after a good Franck slapping and giving out love to you.

I want my mum.

Tessalicious
17th-May-2007, 02:25 PM
woodface, I find it difficult to work out whether you're being deliberately obtuse, deliberately spiteful, or whether you are simply genuinely naive to the emotional response people can have to some of the unpleasant stuff you say. If the last, then I really hope you will realise it soon and learn from some of the people who are trying to explain to you why you put our backs up. If the former, God help us.

Just as an example of why what you're saying about not posting to bait the forum doesn't make sense: if I said "I like to load up a gun and wander around in the woods among the deer and pull the trigger a lot, but I don't do deer hunting" would you believe me?

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 02:26 PM
In the quote you removed in your reply it said that more or less word for word:
Especially the bit where you say that your threads get the 'abuse flowing'...

It is my view that the above quote can be construed as deliberate trolling / flame baiting, and I look forward to more constructive debate from you in the future, where you actually state your own views without being provocative or inflammatory.

Yes. I can post things that are quite inocent like just to mention two spinning and aerials. They got the abuse flowing. Infact most of my new threads and sometimes my posts do. It's how people read them and post back. I did not post that thread to "get the abuse going" but my threads go that way.

Franck, People read what they want to read. It's not just me it happens to, it's others aswell, I just don't take it like weeping child.

Look back at the past threads where they have gone this way, you will notice a pattern of 5-6 forumites turning it that way.

Maybe you shouldn't target the people who ask sensitive questions, but those who turn the thread in to a personal vendetta.

StokeBloke
17th-May-2007, 02:27 PM
For anyone wanting to actually discuss the issue that Woodface brought up, I have taken the useful bits from that other post (as I see them) and reposted the questions here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/beginners-corner/12586-who-should-help-struggling-intermediate-newbies.html#post371817).

Please play nice :flower:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 02:29 PM
woodface, I find it difficult to work out whether you're being deliberately obtuse, deliberately spiteful, or whether you are simply genuinely naive to the emotional response people can have to some of the unpleasant stuff you say. If the last, then I really hope you will realise it soon and learn from some of the people who are trying to explain to you why you put our backs up. If the former, God help us.

Just as an example of why what you're saying about not posting to bait the forum doesn't make sense: if I said "I like to load up a gun and wander around in the woods among the deer and pull the trigger a lot, but I don't do deer hunting" would you believe me?

If you said you like to do that then no I wouldn't.

If you said "is it right to load up a gun and wander around in the woods among the deer and pull the trigger a lot, but I don't do deer hunting" then I can't see anything wrong with that.

Double Trouble
17th-May-2007, 02:32 PM
For anyone wanting to actually discuss the issue that Woodface brought up, I have taken the useful bits from that other post (as I see them) and reposted the questions here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/beginners-corner/12586-who-should-help-struggling-intermediate-newbies.html#post371817).

Please play nice :flower:

Are you a mod?

Please tell me you haven't gone to the dark side.:what:

StokeBloke
17th-May-2007, 02:37 PM
Are you a mod?

Please tell me you haven't gone to the dark side.:what:
I'm not a Mod, I'm a Rocker :wink:

Truth is, I was actually interested in the underlying question that was being asked before it got enveloped in a quagmire of personal insult, attack and counter attack.

Who dear... me dear.. a moderator dear... how veeeery dare you! :na:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2007, 02:41 PM
Maybe you shouldn't target the people who ask sensitive questions, but those who turn the thread in to a personal vendetta.

Seems to be a little bit of arrogance there that you are no doubt unable to see; the fact that the same people repeatedly criticise you should be a hint that it MAY POSSIBLY be justified, not that they are "out to get you" :rolleyes:

reminds me of a Carly Simon song...:)

Double Trouble
17th-May-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm not a Mod, I'm a Rocker :wink:

Truth is, I was actually interested in the underlying question that was being asked before it got enveloped in a quagmire of personal insult, attack and counter attack.

Who dear... me dear.. a moderator dear... how veeeery dare you! :na:

Yeah, I was interested in the thread too. In fact, I got rep for my opinion, but I cant be arsed to type it all out again and to be honest...I dont think Woodface was trolling at all, not intentionally anyway, he aint that clever.:rolleyes:

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 03:22 PM
It's how people read them and post back. I did not post that thread to "get the abuse going" but my threads go that way.

Franck, People read what they want to read. It's not just me it happens to, it's others aswell, I just don't take it like weeping child.

Look back at the past threads where they have gone this way, you will notice a pattern of 5-6 forumites turning it that way.

Maybe you should actually start to think that if a number of people read what you post in a certain way, that, however you intended it to come across, that it comes across badly. And then start to think about how you do post, if it's not your intention to come across that way.

Speaking only for myself (I wouldn't presume to tell other people what they are thinking, unlike some), I don't pick on anything you write, just because YOU write it. I pick on some of the things that you write, because of how I read them. Broadly speaking, it seems that the majority of people reading them take them the same way as me.

So, who is right? The majority, or you*?

*Why do I have the feeling that your answer will be that it's you? And, if that's the case, then why do I (we?) bother? Maybe because some people have told me that 'in real life', you aren't actually the way you come across on the forum. I'm increasingly disbelieving that.

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 03:27 PM
*Why do I have the feeling that your answer will be that it's you? And, if that's the case, then why do I (we?) bother? Maybe because some people have told me that 'in real life', you aren't actually the way you come across on the forum. I'm increasingly disbelieving that.

Yeah it's me. Of course im right :na:

Yeah I think im meeting too many forumites and the nice real life woodfaces reputation is becoming bigger than the dark forum woodfaces. Awww

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah it's me. Of course im right :na:

Yeah I think im meeting too many forumites and the nice real life woodfaces reputation is becoming bigger than the dark forum woodfaces. Awww

Fcuk me i am getting bored again lets play.

XXX XXX DTS:angry::devil:

Trouble
17th-May-2007, 04:02 PM
blimey yet again, i do some work in the big smoke this morning and i come back and ive missed another "Dallas" type incident on our great forum. :tears: :tears: :tears:

for what its worth, ive met woodface and he is a little gem. He doesn't have a nasty bone in his body. He is a little gem. Why on earth he is so disliked or not respected or picked on or insulted is beyond me. :sad:

Stokie, you can try and calm these things down, i have tried many a time but it doesn't work. Its best to sit back put some popcorn on and see where it goes when things like this happen. :eek:

DTS - your a naughty boy and Franclksldiuoai or whatever his name is....is right. :innocent: :rolleyes:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 04:05 PM
I want my mum.
XXX XXX DTS

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 04:05 PM
for what its worth, ive met woodface and he is a little gem. He doesn't have a nasty bone in his body. He is a little gem. Why on earth he is so disliked or not respected or picked on or insulted is beyond me. :sad:

Because of what he says and/or how he says it on the forum. It really is that simple.... :flower:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 04:07 PM
Because of what he says on the forum. It really is that simple.... :flower:

I thought you loved me and was on my side.

Gutted am i.

XX XXX DTS:love: :kiss: :hug: :awe:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 04:07 PM
Because of what he says and/or how he says it on the forum. It really is that simple.... :flower:

The forum would be a boring place without forum woodface. lol

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 04:08 PM

In your opinion.......

Of course, it might also be a lot more pleasant, and encourage other people to come post.

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 04:10 PM
In your opinion.......

Of course, it might also be a lot more pleasant, and encourage other people to come post.

Aha so go on ignore me then.

Years i have slaved for you cooking cleaning and keeping myself stunningly gorgeous. And for what may i ask.

Double Trouble

You are like the ceroc gremlin.......just add forum.

Lee Bartholomew
In your opinion.......

I havn't properly posted for about two weeks. Would love to see some stats

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 04:14 PM
In your opinion.......

Ah so go on ignore me then.

I have given you the best years of my life

Do you think i got these gorgeous ankles at Boots.

No sir i worked on them for years.

Years in high heels all for nothing so you can ignore me.

Gutted am i.

Where are you when i need a cuddle after my earlier franck slap.

Oh its too much i am flouncing away from the keyboard.

heartbreaker.
XXX XXX DTS

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 04:18 PM
Also I think the forum is a better place if comp winners were to post. Hands up here who is a current comp winner or even got through to the finals.

:na:

Love you really Steve :flower:

Ummm. Well, in terms of 'current', ie, the competition hasn't run again since you won it, then:

Sydney, Masters level, DWAS 2006. 1st place
Brisbane, Masters level, DWAS 2006. 1st place
Brisbane, Masters level, Freestyle, 2006. 1st place

That'd include me! :flower:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 04:27 PM
Will you two boys stop this pi**ing competition you are both marvellous dancers.

And Trampy stop ignoring me i am all of a fluster.
XXX XXX DTS

Caro
17th-May-2007, 04:27 PM
Ummm. Well, in terms of 'current', ie, the competition hasn't run again since you won it, then:

Sydney, Masters level, DWAS 2006
Brisbane, Masters level, DWAS 2006
Brisbane, Masters level, Freestyle, 2006.

That'd include me! :flower:

:rofl: - thanks for quoting Trampy, this is just as funny as WF patronising David F and B on the subject of aerials.

Lots of people on here have placed or been finalists in comps. Which is irrelevant anyway as it clearly doesn't give more of a 'right' to post on this forum than those who haven't. And for some it clearly and sadly doesn't guarantee that their posts will be more interesting for it, either :na:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 04:28 PM
Will you two boys stop this pi**ing competition you are both marvellous dancers.

And Trampy stop ignoring me i am all of a fluster.
XXX XXX DTS

Trampy started it. He was showing off about what he had won. :tears: :tears: :tears: :whistle:

Trouble
17th-May-2007, 04:28 PM
Also I think the forum is a better place if comp winners were to post. Hands up here who is a current comp winner or even got through to the finals.

:na:

Love you really Steve :flower:

:love: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

got to admit, made me laugh out loud. xxx :clap: :rofl:

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 04:29 PM
:rofl: - thanks for quoting Trampy, this is just as funny as WF patronising David F and B on the subject of aerials.

Lots of people on here have placed or been finalists in comps. Which is irrelevant anyway as it clearly doesn't give more of a 'right' to post on this forum than those who haven't. And for some it clearly and sadly doesn't guarantee that their posts will be more interesting for it, either :na:

Thought you were ignoring me. !!!

Double Trouble
17th-May-2007, 04:31 PM
Trampy, Woodface & Caro. Can i just say this.....

YAWN...!

Trouble
17th-May-2007, 04:33 PM
Trampy, Woodface & Caro. Can i just say this.....

YAWN...!

shooosssh sis, dont stop them. Im just getting the popcorn ready.!! :D

robd
17th-May-2007, 04:33 PM
It's a shame Trampy didn't enter DT at the Champs - his double-double trouble at Southport last year was very entertaining especially the 4 girl layback :D

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 04:34 PM
Trampy doesnt love me anymore. XXX XXX DTS

Andy McGregor
17th-May-2007, 05:34 PM
Thought you were ignoring me. !!!I think that's why she's quoting The Tramp. If she was ignoring woodface she would have seen his post when The Tramp quoted it.

What am I doing defending Caro? :confused: She's quite capable of doing that herself :sick:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 05:40 PM
Japanese sniper springs to mind. XXX XXX DTS

Mac
17th-May-2007, 07:04 PM
Having just logged on today :nice: well since this morning anyway, :grin: I note that this new questioning thread has not been met with a response from the forum modorators, :rolleyes:

are they waiting for mediation? :confused:

perhaps they have decided that discretion is the better part of Valor?:confused:

or maybe they think its just a load of b*&^^&cks not worthy or a word:confused:

Which would be my take had I just not written a load of b*&^^&cks about it!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dave the scaffolder
17th-May-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh Mac you missed it all me lovely its been a hell of a day.
Slaps all around quite exciting really.

XXX XXX DTS

Tessalicious
17th-May-2007, 11:30 PM
Having just logged on today :nice: well since this morning anyway, :grin: I note that this new questioning thread has not been met with a response from the forum modorators, :rolleyes:

are they waiting for mediation? :confused:

perhaps they have decided that discretion is the better part of Valor?:confused:Or perhaps you've just not noticed that Franck has indeed posted on this thread, making your comment both wrong and misleading.

Honestly, I'm sure this forum was a better place when people actually read what was written and wrote what they meant.

bigdjiver
17th-May-2007, 11:44 PM
... Honestly, I'm sure this forum was a better place when people actually read what was written and wrote what they meant.I think I remember that - it was Franck announcing the opening of the Forum wasn't it? All downhill from there ...:sad:

Double Trouble
18th-May-2007, 07:48 AM
I think I remember that - it was Franck announcing the opening of the Forum wasn't it? All downhill from there ...:sad:

There are other forums you can use, if you don't like the quality of the posts on this one.:whistle:

Astro
18th-May-2007, 11:48 AM
Woodface's initial thread, whilst deleted, has in fact spawned 3 other threads. All of which are currently being posted on. :whistle:

Comments on the back of a postcard please .......

Beowulf
18th-May-2007, 11:56 AM
Hands up here who is a current comp winner or even got through to the finals.:

Sydney, Masters level, DWAS 2006. 1st place
Brisbane, Masters level, DWAS 2006. 1st place
Brisbane, Masters level, Freestyle, 2006. 1st place

ooh ooh! can I join in?

Pete Little - 1985 Douglas Ewart High School Chess Club championships - Silver merit award :whistle:

Lee Bartholomew
18th-May-2007, 11:56 AM
Woodface's initial thread, whilst deleted, has in fact spawned 3 other threads. All of which are currently being posted on. :whistle:

Comments on the back of a postcard please .......

I know. Guess my question wasn't that bad after all eh?

Caro
18th-May-2007, 01:13 PM
What am I doing defending Caro? :confused:

cause deep down, and although you'll never admit it consciously and sober, you love me. :love:
That's ok, a lot of people do. They just don't know it yet either. :na:

dave the scaffolder
18th-May-2007, 01:16 PM
cause deep down, and although you'll never admit it consciously and sober, you love me. :love:
That's ok, a lot of people do. They just don't know it yet either. :na:

I fink I LOVE YOU

XXX XXX DTS

Ps what do you look like?:awe:

Caro
18th-May-2007, 01:17 PM
Ps what do you look like?:awe:

you moron, we've danced at SP in feb. I see I've left you with a long lasting impression.
Officially sulking now. :tears:

Lee Bartholomew
18th-May-2007, 01:19 PM
you moron, we've danced at SP in feb. I see I've left you with a long lasting impression.

The Sulking was unofficial before?

Rhythm King
18th-May-2007, 01:19 PM
You don't think her avatar's a little bit of a clue then?

dave the scaffolder
18th-May-2007, 01:20 PM

Well if you think i am a moron you defo known me.

And i am a man and i am Welsh...not a good start.

Please remind me baby.

XXX XXX DTS:respect:

dave the scaffolder
18th-May-2007, 01:21 PM
You don't think her avatar's a little bit of a clue then?

Uhh no

XXX XXX DTS

What we have here is a typical
DTS foot, mouth, medic situation again..XXX

Mac
19th-May-2007, 12:15 PM
Or perhaps you've just not noticed that Franck has indeed posted on this thread, making your comment both wrong and misleading.

Honestly, I'm sure this forum was a better place when people actually read what was written and wrote what they meant.

Hmm I think you missed the point!

It was meant to be wrong and misleading the row of
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: should be a bit of a clue!

It was a joke. Honestly you kids just take life tooooooooooo seriously! never mind, Im always hopeful that yongesters gain more commen sense and mellow with age:wink:

Mac
19th-May-2007, 12:19 PM

Oh and sweetie that would be a whole two years ago would it? hmmm:eek:
Im sure remember when the forum was a better place with out cocky wanna be kids in it :mad: that would be a whole 6 years ago!:waycool: :wink:

bigdjiver
19th-May-2007, 01:55 PM
There are other forums you can use, if you don't like the quality of the posts on this one.:whistle::devil: No, I think I will just stay here and wait until it descends to my level.:devil:

Lee Bartholomew
19th-May-2007, 06:44 PM
Uhh no

XXX XXX DTS

What we have here is a typical
DTS foot, mouth, medic situation again..XXX

Have seen Caros pitures on the forum (see blaze thread I think) She's actually quite pretty. Shame she Japanese Snipes. :grin:

dave the scaffolder
19th-May-2007, 06:58 PM
i talked to her on the pm i have danced with her at SP and she is going to say hello at next Sp.
Tall blonde and French....aaarrggghhh
XXX XXX DTS

Lee Bartholomew
19th-May-2007, 08:32 PM
i talked to her on the pm i have danced with her at SP and she is going to say hello at next Sp.
Tall blonde and French....aaarrggghhh
XXX XXX DTS

Ah ha. French. Should have guessed (from the lack of sense of humor and the sig. Doh) :wink::na:

Beowulf
21st-May-2007, 11:10 AM
Ah ha. French. Should have guessed (from the lack of sense of humor and the sig. Doh) :wink::na:

ah yes.. the good old racial stereotype argument. :rolleyes:

I suppose being English you are a tea-drinking, warm beer swilling, weather complaining, eternally queuing, Cricket watching , xenophobic football hooligan?

and I suppose me being Scots I'm a red headed, buckfast drinking alcoholic, head butting, tartan wearing, foul mouthed, bagpipe playing, kilted, English hating... xenophobic football hooligan??? (at least the stereotypes have something in common)

Actually I'm neither.. I'm from Überwald... :wink:

Caro has a great sense of humour IMHO.

Lee Bartholomew
21st-May-2007, 11:16 AM
ah yes.. the good old racial stereotype argument. :rolleyes:

I suppose being English you are a tea-drinking, warm beer swilling, weather complaining, eternally queuing, Cricket watching , xenophobic football hooligan?

and I suppose me being Scots I'm a red headed, buckfast drinking alcoholic, head butting, tartan wearing, foul mouthed, bagpipe playing, kilted, English hating... xenophobic football hooligan??? (at least the stereotypes have something in common)

Actually I'm neither.. I'm from Überwald... :wink:

Caro has a great sense of humour IMHO.

Was joking (hence the winking and tounge poking smilieys).

Anyways, from my experiance of growing up in the 80's and having never been to Scotland, all Scots are like Russ Abbuts scotish character. :na: