PDA

View Full Version : Shake hand (R to R) hold moves...

Lou
30th-July-2003, 09:21 AM
In that spirit of cross-gender experimentation that seems to be all the rage at the mo... lately I've been having the "odd" go at dancing lead. ;) The early attempts have been relatively successful, however I just get stuck when I find myself in that right to right "shake hand" hold. I end up doing a boring old yo-yo or hatchback, or occasionally, when I remember it, a Nigel's Move (aka Springer - not sure what it's called in Ceroc, if it's neither of these names, sorry!).

What else could I do at this point?

CJ
30th-July-2003, 09:59 AM
First one that comes to mind is the sway. Lots of possibilities/variations from that simple start.

The other simple start with lots of room for variety is the catapult...

Alternatively, PM Franck and he'll give you lots of advice and ideas about combs!!!!!!:D

Happy leading.:wink:

TheTramp
30th-July-2003, 10:18 AM
Yeah. Those were the first 3 moves that came to mind. And yes, if you see Franck, he would be very, very happy to teach you the 1.43E43 different varities of the comb. Would probably be best if you booked a week in Falkirk for the full experience..... :D

Other obvious alternatives include the ladyspin and the accordion (and all possible flavours thereof).

Steve

Lou
30th-July-2003, 10:28 AM
Aha! Accordians! I can do a return before a double handed Accordian, can't I? (Which gives me a moment to think & realise I'm in this dreaded hand hold). Sways, Spins & Catapults I guess I need to put in before/instead of the return...

Gadget
30th-July-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Lou
What else could I do at this point?
Lots...
<li>anti-clockwise turn into comb (LH slide out exit: turn self clockwise exit: use L hand on hip to rotate lady 90ยบ and go into a dip: use L hand on hip to keep lady in place, release and take R hand to her shoulder mirroring: duck arm and come up on other side:...)
<li>Turn and freeze with flat hold above heads (step in L side to L side with L arms on R hips, walk for a couple of beats: step in close and do rocking steps for a couple of beats: step in close taking L hand behind lady's shoulders and 'pillow' R hand behind lady's head, twist into dip: turn self so back to lady and extend arm to right, pull back and back/side step to bring lady into wrap infront of the arm:...)
<li>Low hand out to right, ball and socket grip (Push spin blocked with L hand on fore-arm and reversed: spin to mirror lady's push-spin:...)
<li>low hand in to right side and wrap lady in (take hand as step back to exit 2 handed: release hand to use hip lead and put into clockwise spin exit infront: sideways lead to side step behind lady, taking L hand to other hip and continue to swap places: unwrap to the side, freeze for display:turn to face and swap hands as lady steps back, continue her 'wrap' through into anti-clockwise turn:...)
<li>Pull down and under for catapult start (Reverse and block the wrap with L hand to shoulder, turn anti-clockwise from block {One of lisa's moves from last night}: turn anti-clockwise to face lady, arm in 1/2 nelson, offer L hand in 'how' position, exit as pretzel: offer L hand behind, use it as barrier to 'bounce' to opposite side catapult exit: swap hands behind back and take out on other side: turn anti-clockwise, ducking under arms and releasing when in 1/2 nelson, should be able to collect with L hand as continue to turn:...)
<li>Pull forward and turn self under (step close to lady's L side as she passes and you are in wrap position: move hand over and raise to turn lady clockwise to face:...)
<li>Step in, arm accross chest, extend right to lady's R hip (side step to R, taking hand to shoulder, continue shoulder slide: pull down towards back and raise to turn lady as rotate on R foot into comb: pull towards back and raise into anti-clockwise turn behind you, swap hands and step back/right to turn out L side: instead of extending, change to flat hold and flick lady into a spin: reverse hand (palm to hip) and guide {shove} lady behind you to L side while taking step to R, collect:...)

... to name but a few.
I'm sure that there are a few moves wrapping high (to shoulder rather than hip), but I haven't got that entrance lead quite right yet.

{edit: forgot the hatch-back variations}

CJ
30th-July-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Aha! Accordians! I can do a return before a double handed Accordian, can't I? (Which gives me a moment to think & realise I'm in this dreaded hand hold). Sways, Spins & Catapults I guess I need to put in before/instead of the return...

Sway?

U could sway straight from the return without stepping back. (called the lasoo (sp?) sway) Like this one.

Note: can someone PLEASE take Gadget out this weekend?!?!?!:D

Gadget
30th-July-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Note: can someone PLEASE take Gadget out this weekend?!?!?!:D
Sorry - I've got to paint the garden fence, build a step to the decking, mow the lawns, go out on a cycle run, tidy the downstairs flat, ... and that's before my wife finds me a million and one other odd-jobs to do!
...oh, and entertain the kids.

Actually: can someone PLEASE take me out this weekend ?!?!?!?! :D:D

xSalsa_Angelx
30th-July-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
Sorry - I've got to paint the garden fence, build a step to the decking, mow the lawns, go out on a cycle run, tidy the downstairs flat, ... and that's before my wife finds me a million and one other odd-jobs to do!
...oh, and entertain the kids.

Actually: can someone PLEASE take me out this weekend ?!?!?!?! :D:D

I would but don't have any money :tears: :tears:
Have to pay back a big loan asap..!! :tears:

Lou
30th-July-2003, 12:01 PM
*lol* Blimey, Gadget! I'll try & remember some of those!

CJ - I like the Lasso Sway, but I'll need to think of it in advance as the timing's different on the return (it's a lot faster - or at least it seems that when when I'm being led! It's probably because the lady has to turn 1.5 times, instead of 1 for a standard return?).

:grin:

jiveclone
30th-July-2003, 03:48 PM
If you look on http://www.jiveoholic.org.uk/ you will be able to find many more R-R hand moves.

The first 30 moves in the database seem to be R-R.

If you pay for membership you should be able to search using R-R as a criteria.

Allan.

Stubob
4th-August-2003, 09:37 AM
Did anyone mention a butterfly which leads nicely into lots of double-handed moves.

The 'catapult pause' is a nice move, or my favourte the 'secret double-handed swizzle comb', both LeRoc moves.

Stuart