PDA

View Full Version : Post Counts?

DavidY
7th-May-2007, 02:29 PM
..seem to go down as well as up - eg. DavidJames hitting 10,000 and then going down again. I have a suspicion (but can't prove it) that I've seen others' post counts go down too.

Meanwhile, forumite Grace (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/grace.html) has apparently made 4,294,967,295 posts. Which is rather a lot.

Is something wrong with the post counting?

Andy McGregor
7th-May-2007, 03:25 PM
This happens all the time. I noticed that I'd reached 5,500 the other day. Now my post number is listed as 5,474 including this one :confused:

Caro
7th-May-2007, 04:04 PM
it looks like all the threads that ended up outside have been deleted recently... would explain why some saw their post count decrease :whistle:

DavidY
7th-May-2007, 06:01 PM
Looks like Grace is back down to zero posts again.:confused:

Andy McGregor
7th-May-2007, 07:53 PM
it looks like all the threads that ended up outside have been deleted recently... would explain why some saw their post count decrease :whistle:I've had more than 26 posts taken outside :innocent:

However, I've not been outside recently. I'm trying to avoid the "outside" as it's going to be packed with smokers from 1st July :sick:

ducasi
7th-May-2007, 08:04 PM
People's post count get automatically adjusted when messages or threads are deleted. Sometimes a change in the configuration of the forum system can also cause a post count to change.

The 4 billion thing is what happens when something goes wrong in the adjustment and the post count goes below zero. In cases like this either the administrator can manually change a person's post count (which is usually what caused the negative score in he first place), or can force a recount of everybody's post counts, which should correct all anomalies.