PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Jivemasters

Franck
29th-July-2003, 12:34 PM
I recently hinted that the Perth Big Event would offer a few surprises, so here goes: :nice:

Following the success of the JiveMasters competition organized by Adam from Ceroc Metro, Scotland will host one of the Jivemasters heat on Saturday 16th August, at the Perth Big Party.

The competitors will be announced shortly, and this is your chance to vote for and cheer the couple you would like to represent Scotland at the Jivemasters Final in September...

I am really pleased that Adam and I were able to work together on this, as it is the first heat outside the London area!

Franck.

TheTramp
29th-July-2003, 01:04 PM
Ummm......

Can I also represent Scotland at the final in September. Pretty please....

Steve

Franck
29th-July-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Ummm......

Can I also represent Scotland at the final in September. Pretty please.... Hey :D
You're just after the Scottish support and votes aren't you :wink:

but yes... of course.. anyone wants to represent Scotland they're welcome :D

Franck.

Chicklet
29th-July-2003, 01:12 PM
Ummm......

Steve

bekilted, obviously?

TheTramp
29th-July-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
bekilted, obviously? Ummm. No.

And of course I'm after the Scottish votes. Well. Any votes really. At least one would be nice....

Steve

Chicklet
29th-July-2003, 01:19 PM
Ummm. No.

And of course I'm after the Scottish votes. Well. Any votes really. At least one would be nice....

Steve

I'll get Norma to vote for you if I have to sit on her head to do it!!!!:D

TheTramp
29th-July-2003, 01:26 PM
I'll get Norma to vote for you if I have to sit on her head to do it!!!!:D Ummm. How about I just sit on her head instead?? :wink:

Is she coming down to the final in September then??

Steve

Tiggerbabe
29th-July-2003, 10:59 PM
Ummm. No.

Steve

Ehrm! Pardon me Mr Tramp but aren't you dancing with Debster? - if she wears the same outfit she had on in Blackpool and at the Ceroc Champs I'm sure you'll get plenty of votes :wink:

The guys will vote for the shorts...............
The girls will vote for the shoes................

and the dancing just happens to be superb as well :D

Best of luck to you both :hug:

TheTramp
30th-July-2003, 10:43 AM
Yes. She does have rather nice legs, doesn't she.

I have to remind myself sometimes to keep dancing, and stop staring :what:

Steve

CJ
30th-July-2003, 10:51 AM
I'll get Norma to vote for you if I have to sit on her head to do it!!!!:D

Well, make sure your legs aren't too tight..... nothing worse than not being able to hear the stereo....:wink:

AND KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF HER EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Heather
30th-July-2003, 12:47 PM
Ummm......

Steve

:D Begs the question : How come a 'beginner' like you, gets to dance in such a prestigious competition???:wink:

Heather,
XX

TheTramp
31st-July-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Heather
:D Begs the question : How come a 'beginner' like you, gets to dance in such a prestigious competition???:wink:

Heather,
XX I think that they were feeling sorry for me. Or something.

Steve

Grant
31st-July-2003, 02:28 PM
I think that they were feeling sorry for me. Or something.

Steve
perhaps a stunning choice of partner helped :wink:

Grant

TheTramp
1st-August-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Grant
perhaps a stunning choice of partner helped :wink:

Grant Oh. Definitely that.

So then Franck. Are you going to let us know who the competitors are???

Steve

Franck
1st-August-2003, 11:11 AM
So then Franck. Are you going to let us know who the competitors are??? I promise I will :D
As soon as I know myself!!!

I expect Adam and his team at Ceroc Metro to let me know very soon!

Franck.

Franck
12th-August-2003, 04:55 PM
So then Franck. Are you going to let us know who the competitors are??? Finally, I am in a position to announce the competitors for the Scottish heat of Jivemasters in Perth on Saturday 16th August.

All the competitors were selected by Adam / Nigel who operate the Jivemasters competition, from previous winners / placed competitors at major Modern Jive events, and of course their availability for the heat and possibly the final in September :D

I feel very proud that we have such incredible talent in Scotland, and I'm sure that whoever goes through will be worthy embassadors for Scotland.

I hope everyone will be there to support all the competitors, remember it will be the spectators who vote / mark their favourite couples... :D :cheers:

Cheers,

Franck.

Below is the (current) list as provided by Nigel / Adam. We are still waiting for the 4th couple to confirm they will be able to compete!

Jive Masters Scottish Heat – 16th August 2003

Bill Foreman & Fran Ranaldi
Bill and Fran are considered as one of the top dance couples north of the border and with good reason. In the past three years they have gone head to head with some of the best dancers in the UK and have come out on top. Better known for their exploits in the arena of “Double Trouble” they are also phenomenal jive dancers and have few piers when it comes to the Blues.
2003 2nd UK Jive Championships Blackpool - Double Trouble
1st Ceroc Championships London - Double Trouble
2002 2nd UK Jive Championships Blackpool - Double Trouble
1st Ceroc Championships London - Team Cabaret
1st Scottish Ceroc Championships - Double Trouble
2nd Scottish Ceroc Championships - Advanced

With over ten years of dance experience between them we can’t wait to see what they come up with in this years Jive Masters.

Sheena Assiph & Brady Rogers

Sheena has been dancing Jive for 4 years and as a regular demonstrator and Taxi-dancer, she passes on her enthusiasm and love of dancing. Sheena believes that everyone should have fun dancing and that no girl can ever have too many dance outfits (we believe that she will be attempting a costume change between the slow & fast tracks in the heats).
Sheena recently made her mark on the dance scene as choreographer for the twice championship winning Dundee Cabaret Team. Other successes include:
2003 1st UK Jive Championships Blackpool - Team Cabaret
2002 1st Scottish Ceroc Championships - Team
Cabaret
1st Scottish Ceroc Championships - DWAS
2nd Scottish Ceroc Championships – Double Trouble
2000 Fin Ceroc Championships London - DWAS

Brady is relatively new to the modern jive scene, having started just two years ago after moving here from the U.S. He demos and dances regularly in Glasgow, but has been developing his dance style by travelling extensively to events throughout the UK and is even a regular at the top London venue Hipsters. Despite being so new to the dance scene he has already had success at some of the major championships.
2003 3rd UK Jive Championships Blackpool – Double Trouble
2002 1st Ceroc Championships London – Team Cabaret

James Lees & Melanie Hutton

The new kids on the block, James & Melanie have taken the jive world by storm and are a couple of the hottest new talents in today’s scene. Having only started dancing together in November last year they have a great rapport, boundless energy and do all this with a smile on their faces.

Melanie has had an extensive background in line-dancing before she moved into Jive only 2 years ago. It’s not for nothing that she has got the reputation as being the ginger haired, kilt shop working pocket rocket!!! James is quite new to the dance world (and is not even Scottish …. Boo hiss!) so his rise to the top of the Scottish jive scene is even more incredible given a background of being a tattooed, skin headed Royal Air Force Technician, with no dancing experience other than in the odd night club after a few too many!!!

We’re all very excited about this new partnership ….. lets see how they fair against Scotland’s best!

Franck
13th-August-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Below is the (current) list as provided by Nigel / Adam. We are still waiting for the 4th couple to confirm they will be able to compete!Following many discussions with suitable candidates and difficulties in making sure everyone was available to compete, Lorna Reid (Aberdeen teacher) and myself will be standing in as the 4th couple in the Scottish Jivemasters heat!

Both Lorna and I have taught for years, though have so far, stayed away from competitions...

Franck.

Lindsay
15th-August-2003, 09:35 AM
Good luck to all taking part.
It's going to be close......:what:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
15th-August-2003, 01:06 PM
Both Lorna and I have taught for years, though have so far, stayed away from competitions...

Franck.

Never seen you guys dance (I don't think) but good luck! Looking forward to being a spectator and a judge altough it will be very tough.

Best of luck all 8 :cheers:

Franck
15th-August-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
Never seen you guys dance (I don't think) but good luck! Looking forward to being a spectator and a judge altough it will be very tough.

Best of luck all 8 :cheers: Thanks Basil, and Lindsay... Though as Lorna mentioned, the last practise we got was at her wedding :D and by then I was a fair way down a bottle of Champagne or two :cheers:

Still, after seeing Melanie & James and Sheena & Brady practising in Perth last night... I can safely say that I won't be at the Final in London :wink:

All the best to everyone, and good luck to the judges :wink: it'll be tough :D

Franck.

TheTramp
15th-August-2003, 01:37 PM
Still, after seeing Melanie & James and Sheena & Brady practising in Perth last night... I can safely say that I won't be at the Final in London :wink: Not to mention Bill and Fran to come too!!

Steve

Franck
15th-August-2003, 01:45 PM
Not to mention Bill and Fran to come too!!Indeed :D
I didn't forget them... How could I, but at the moment, I'd rather not think too much about it all...
One more guarantee that Lorna and I will be cheering in the audience rather than take part in the final :D

Thankfully, I have plenty to organize / finalize to stop worrying too much about it... Can't wait to see all the outfits / performances :wink:

Such incredible talent on display on Saturday night, and whoever makes it through to the big final in September, Scotland can be very proud! :nice:

Franck.

Lorna
15th-August-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
Never seen you guys dance (I don't think) but good luck! Best of luck all 8 :cheers:

Hi Foxy,

I'm not sure I've seen the two of us dance before either!

But, with Franck on my arm I'm sure to have a great time on the dancefloor regardless. :nice:

Good Luck to everyone, I just hope we can all relax, even a tiny bit, to actually enjoy it. :cheers:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Fran
16th-August-2003, 01:08 AM
Good luck to to everyone for the event.

We're really looking forward to seeing Sheena & Brady, Lorna & Franck and especially Mel and James who looked great the last time I saw them practising at Perth.

Can't say we're looking forward to dancing to the fast track:sick:
but maybe as Bill is the oldest competitor they can slow the music down so he can survive the 2 minutes :D :na:

Should be a great weekend and the workshops should be fantastic.

Tiggerbabe
16th-August-2003, 01:47 AM
Thanks Lorna and Fran,

Just have to echo your sentiments and wish everyone the best of luck.................I'm especially looking forward to seeing Lorna and Franck strutting their stuff. :D

Better get to bed so I'm wide awake for the workshops tomorrow - oops today! :wink:

See you all in Perth!

(And can I just agree with Michael it *was* totally buzzing in Glasgow on Wednesday night - in fact it's been a great week.........Monday in the Invercarse was fab too and Thursday in Perth - having to practise for the Jive Masters, :wink: what a great excuse to go dancing more often :waycool: )

:hug: :kiss:

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2003, 10:57 PM
whoever makes it through to the big final in September, Scotland can be very proud! :nice:

And we are :D Well done! :hug:

Chicklet
19th-August-2003, 08:02 AM
What a great bit of the night it turned out to be!!!

Thanks so much to all 8 of you for getting up there and doing it!!! Really fantastic to watch!

And congrats to F & L of course - Franck I'm starting to think you are a woman after all - ever expanding dance wardrobe!!!

Question - was anyone expecting there to be MORE of a difference between the fast and slow tracks??

Anyone got the official BPM rules???

C:D

TheTramp
19th-August-2003, 08:51 AM
Have a look at the ceroc metro website (www.cerocmetro.com) Chickie. It lists all the songs, along with their bpm there (under the jive masters section).

Steve

Chicklet
19th-August-2003, 11:15 AM
ta. just had a peek, very interesting indeed.:D

TheTramp
19th-August-2003, 11:49 AM
No probs....

:hug:

Sandy
21st-August-2003, 11:52 AM
Been away and just noticed that Franck & Lorna, Brady & Sheena made it to the finals of the Jivemaster competition.

WELL DONE:grin:

Wish I had been there to see it, sure it would have been brilliant to watch.

Good luck for the finals.

Sandy x:wink:

TheTramp
21st-August-2003, 11:54 AM
It was. And Bill & Fran, and James & Mel were equally brilliant. It was very close, and almost a shame really that someone had to win.

I'll be there, cheering Franck, Lorna, Brady and Sheena all on in the final! :D

Steve

Rachel
21st-August-2003, 11:58 AM
It was. And Bill & Fran, and James & Mel were equally brilliant. Steve Ditto!!!