PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 9th August: GLASGOW

Dunco
29th-July-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi all, this is the first time I've posted a thread - Blame Franck - he suggested it.

I'm coming up to Scotland, from Basingstoke, next month (for a few weeks) and was wondering who's going to the event on the 9th of August in Glasgow.

I'll be going along as a billy no mates and wanted to introduce myself before I arrived - as there's nothing worse than turning up somewhere and not knowing anyone...

I've been doing Ceroc for nearly a year now and LOVE it, I wouldn't say I was the best dancer in my club (far from it) but I give it a good go.

So who's out there and who's planning on going?

Cheers

Dunco:cheers:

Chicklet
29th-July-2003, 12:32 PM
I'll be the shy yellow one in the corner furthest away from the evil DJ and his weapons.:D :innocent:

Dunco
29th-July-2003, 12:40 PM
Ok Chicklet I'll keep an eye out for you, I'll be the one that looks lost.

:what:

Dunco

Rachel
29th-July-2003, 12:40 PM
Oh, I wouldn't do it if I were you. They're really not very friendly up there, don't know how to party, and the ladies will never ask you to dance. Take care to particularly avoid people going by the name of Janet, Wendy, Graham ... Or, if you absolutely have to go, then you really better take me with you, to be assured of at least one friendly face.
Rachel

(winky smilie, winky smilie ...!!! - must learn how to do those. No really, you'll have a fantastic time in Glasgow. I recommend it! So jeeeeaaalous...)

Graham
29th-July-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
I'll be the shy yellow one in the corner furthest away from the evil DJ and his weapons.:D :innocent: Just so you don't get confused Dunco, Chicklet will not appear in the least shy, and when she runs away from the DJ's weapon she seems to move very sssssllllllloooooooowwwwwwwllllllllyyyyyyyyy

Franck
29th-July-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Dunco
Hi all, this is the first time I've posted a thread - Blame Franck - he suggested it.

I'm coming up to Scotland, from Basingstoke, next month (for a few weeks) and was wondering who's going to the event on the 9th of August in Glasgow. anyone... Hiya Dunco, welcome to the Forum! :nice:

The party in Glasgow should be great and despite what Rachel says :wink: most people are very friendly up here, she is right about staying clear of the DJ though... he is a very dangerous individual.

If you're staying a few weeks, I hope you'll be able to make our Big event in Perth the following week as well!

Cheers,

Franck.

Graham
29th-July-2003, 12:54 PM
More seriously, I suggest you ask the DJ to point out one of the nearby forum regulars, who can then introduce you to a few people, make sure you get some dances, show you how to fend off Chicklet's unwelcome advances ( :wink: ), etc

Dunco
29th-July-2003, 12:55 PM
I guess your the Graham that Rach told me to avoid? Sounds like there's a party on line never mind on the dance floor - So I've now got two weirdo's (joke) I need to stay away from, any one else?

Rach - what you doing on the 9th? fancy a dance in Glasgow?

Dunco:grin:

Dreadful Scathe
29th-July-2003, 12:59 PM
- So I've now got two weirdo's (joke) I need to stay away from, any one else?

Two weirdos that you know of you mean. muhahahaha :)

Rachel
29th-July-2003, 01:06 PM
I guess your the Graham that Rach told me to avoid? Sshhh - don't let on I told you! I'm sure he's lurking around here somewhere - careful now, speak very quietly ...

Rach - what you doing on the 9th? fancy a dance in Glasgow?

Dunco:grin: DO I??? Oh yes!!! But ... sob sob, I'm having, poor me, to work on 9th - somewhere in Buckinghamshire ... major sob ... (a little sympathy would be nice now, please).
R.

Chicklet
29th-July-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Graham
More seriously, I suggest you ask the DJ SNIP to show you how to fend off Chicklet's unwelcome advances ( :wink: ), etc

like he has ever tried and would know:rofl:
and I seem to remember it was quite the other way around and I was being advanced upon with small blue man as wicked accomplice!!:eek:

Graham
29th-July-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
I'm having, poor me, to work on 9th - somewhere in Buckinghamshire ... major sob ... (a little sympathy would be nice now, please). AWWWWW!!!!!! Poor baby!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

TheTramp
29th-July-2003, 01:19 PM
So, are you coming down to the Bristol competition then Rachel??

Be good to see you....

Steve

xSalsa_Angelx
29th-July-2003, 01:20 PM

I'm coming up to Scotland, from Basingstoke, next month (for a few weeks) and was wondering who's going to the event on the 9th of August in Glasgow.

I'll be going along as a billy no mates and wanted to introduce myself before I arrived - as there's nothing worse than turning up somewhere and not knowing anyone...

I've been doing Ceroc for nearly a year now and LOVE it, I wouldn't say I was the best dancer in my club (far from it) but I give it a good go.

So who's out there and who's planning on going?

Cheers

Dunco:cheers:

I will try and get along to this event too, I'm famous foer my ass length red hair so you will easy spot me
:D

michael
29th-July-2003, 01:23 PM
Hi Dunco. Looks like there's no shortage of cerocers hoping to say hello and giving you a BIG WELCOME. Sounds like you can dance really well (lucky sod) so be prepared for all those fabulous dancers (the females that is) to be over like a shot asking YOU for the next dance. Enjoy

Rachel
29th-July-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Graham
AWWWWW!!!!!! Poor baby!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: That's good sympathy, Graham, thank you.

(Umm, you're not, um, being sarcastic, by any chance??)

Rachel
29th-July-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
So, are you coming down to the Bristol competition then Rachel??

Be good to see you....

Steve No, fraid not ... But see you at Walthamstow at least. Now, what would you trade me for a vote, hmm?

TheTramp
29th-July-2003, 01:29 PM
No, fraid not ... But see you at Walthamstow at least. Now, what would you trade me for a vote, hmm? Vote for me, and I'll not make you dance with me :na:

Can't make a better offer than that :D

Steve

Dunco
29th-July-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by michael
Hi Dunco. Looks like there's no shortage of cerocers hoping to say hello and giving you a BIG WELCOME. Sounds like you can dance really well (lucky sod) so be prepared for all those fabulous dancers (the females that is) to be over like a shot asking YOU for the next dance. Enjoy

I've been told the Scottish Ceroc scene was fun, I'm looking forward to it.. Not so sure about your 'dance really well' comment, having said that, although I have a portfolio of 2 moves, I can do those moves dam well!

:wink:
Dunco

Graham
29th-July-2003, 01:32 PM
(Umm, you're not, um, being sarcastic, by any chance??) Only slightly - I really am sorry you can't come too! The hugs were completely real though :grin: Have some more to make up for my slight sarcasm :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Rachel
29th-July-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Vote for me, and I'll not make you dance with me :na:

Can't make a better offer than that :D

Steve Mmmm, just let me think that over for a minute ...

Heather
29th-July-2003, 01:41 PM
:D :D Heather from Dundee here !
There's usually a contingent of dancers from bonnie Dundee who try to make it through to the Glasgow dances ! :wink:
Sheena, Linda and myself will almost certainly be there, so make yourself known and we'll give you a few dances!!
You'll have to tolerate the fact that we are all slightly MAd though!!!:wink:
I'm sure you'll enjoy Glasgow, it's usually a good party, and if you are still in Scotland the following week there's Franck's big dance event in Perth, which will be a blast!!!

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

michael
29th-July-2003, 01:46 PM
:D Ican NOW do more than two moves, just a pity i cant do any of the very well though:o See you at the dance

Dunco
29th-July-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:D :D Heather from Dundee here !
There's usually a contingent of dancers from bonnie Dundee.....

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

Hi Heather, I'll say hi, you'll recognise me without too much problem, I'll be the blond haired guy trying to make friends :nice: So all I need to do is go around asking for the Dundee crowd? :cheers:

can't do Perth I'm in Wales killing myself on the Red Bull / Karrimorr Mountain Biking run...but sounds like a blast
Dunco

Franck
29th-July-2003, 01:59 PM
So all I need to do is go around asking for the Dundee crowd? :cheers: :rofl: :rofl:

Ask for the Dundee crowd??? :D :D

The question would be more how you could miss it :wink:

Franck.

Dance Demon
29th-July-2003, 02:42 PM
Hi Dunco
Mrs Demon an' me will most likely be at this one. sure you'll have fun. Henry Wood Hall is a fab venue with a good floor. I'm sure Mrs Demon wouldn't refuse you a dance or two:cheers:

Tiggerbabe
29th-July-2003, 07:27 PM
I think there's Red Bull available in the Henry Wood Hall :wink: - sounds like you're going to need it as you won't get the chance to sit down all night - looking forward to meeting you (and dancing with you of course).

It'll be a great night :D

16th August - forget the cycle run, come to Perth :wink:

CJ
30th-July-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
I will try and get along to this event too, I'm famous for my ass length red hair so you will easy spot me
:D

Having heard how much hair you have: it begs the question... exactly how long IS your ass? (and I was nice enough to correct your spelling!!)

Dunco, come and say Hi. I'll be the good looking one with hair down to my ass!!:D

Seriously, please introduce yourself and I'll give you all the guidance you will ever need!!!!!:wink: Em, I'll be the one playing the tunes, I guess.....:devil:

Lou
30th-July-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Franck
:The question would be more how you could miss it :wink: Yup - I know this from experience (the Ceroc Champs in Hammersmith this year). I certainly couldn't miss the Dundee crowd! :wink: :rofl:

Dunco
30th-July-2003, 01:50 PM
guys,

I'm looking forward to dancing with all of you...well most of you anyway, certainly...Salsa Angel, The Dundee Girls and the weird yellow one that sits in the corner!!

Graham, Michael and the Deamon, hope you've got the time to add another couple of moves to my portfolio

and the Dreadful Scathe - thanks for your input!! :confused:

See ya's

Dunco

:cheers: :kiss: :cheers:

Dave Hancock
30th-July-2003, 02:00 PM
Almost wish I was going to be there:tears: :tears:

However you can always come along to one of the regular class nights and I'd introduce myself although I'd expect a dance:D

Grant
30th-July-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock

However you can always come along to one of the regular class nights and I'd introduce myself although I'd expect a dance:D
beware! i've seen dave pick brady up and turn him upside down during a dance :D

Grant

Tiggerbabe
30th-July-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock

And just WHERE exactly are you going to be then? Do you have a good excuse? :confused:

Jayne
1st-August-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
And just WHERE exactly are you going to be then? Do you have a good excuse? :confused:

He'll be through at the Edinburgh festival as part of my birthday celebrations. Sorry guys!

J :wink:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-August-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
He'll be through at the Edinburgh festival as part of my birthday celebrations. Sorry guys!

J :wink:

Shouldn't that be sorry girls - mind you he does seem to be awfully fond of doing the "Lydia" for the guys - maybe you're right!

Have fun :D