PDA

View Full Version : The P...c Triangle

michael
29th-July-2003, 01:06 AM
Hope Franck is able to edit this before it is published?

I came out of the Edinburgh Dance night on Saturday and asked one of the Guys (someone will know who) where i might go for more Dancing entertainment though the early hours. I thought his answer was quite stunning ...to say the least.

"oh just head for the Pubic Triangle" (The Grass market).

Definitely no comment on how i got on!!!!!! How come we don't have that in Glasgow. er...well we do have the Savoy?

PS have to stop posting before you all tell me to shut up.

Dreadful Scathe
29th-July-2003, 09:17 AM
Wasn't me, I wasn't there. But Im certain he would have said 'Public' and you misheard :)

Graham
29th-July-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by michael
How come we don't have [the Grassmarket] in Glasgow....? Maybe there was never any market for grass in Glasgow - after all, with a name indicating a green place, there was probably plenty lying around for free. :wink: :waycool:

Chicklet
29th-July-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Maybe there was never any market for grass in Glasgow - after all, with a name indicating a green place, there was probably plenty lying around for free. :wink: :waycool:

G-man I have fantastic mental picture of you grinning smuggly at the screen. Keep up the good work bud:D

michael
29th-July-2003, 01:38 PM
No DS when i recovered from the shock and laughter i did get him to repeat it. Pubic Triangle no doubt...

Nice one Graham:D In fact i gather we have more Parks than any other city in Britain. Pity we dont have more night clubs for serocers though i bet they have some superb places down south:sad:

Dance Demon
29th-July-2003, 06:34 PM
PUBIC triangle indeed it is......so named, because back in the 70s, when Go-Go dancers were all the rage in pubs, there were three pubs in the West Port that all had them on at different times. They were, Bridies(now Hooters), the Burke & Hare, and the Garrick( now the Footlights & Firkin.) Every afternoon, you could see groups of guys migrate from one pub to the other to watch the different Go-Gos (strippers)...hence the name "pubic triangle"
Nowadays there are only two left, and they are lap dancing bars, open til around 3 am....so you might see some dancing, but I don't think any of the girls would want to Ceroc with you:wink:

michael
29th-July-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks for that interesting facts on Edinburgh

.:devil: Does that mean we can identify the Edinburgh Girls by the way they dance?

Dance Demon
29th-July-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by michael
Thanks for that interesting facts on Edinburgh

.:devil: Does that mean we can identify the Edinburgh Girls by the way they dance?

Weeeelllllll...............maybe you should have a word with Chickie, I'm sure she was trying to get some pole dancing organised a while back:wink: :devil: