PDA

View Full Version : How many...?

Sparkles
3rd-May-2007, 11:22 AM
How many times a day do you think about dancing?

Could be anything from practicing a move in your head, to thinking about the next freestyle or class event, to wondering what's happening on the forum, to sorting out which dress you're going to wear...

I've started to notice an alarming frequency of these thoughts (they've always been there, of course, but I've only just started to notice :wink: ).

So, how many?

Gav
3rd-May-2007, 11:30 AM
You mean there are times when you don't think about dancing? :sick: :wink:

Seriously though, all the flippin' time.
I have flyers and lists attached to my walls at work, I'm on the forum all the time at work (soon to stop when I get a real job), I see my dancing gear hanging up before I go to work, if I happen to see anything remotely dance related in a shop window or on a website, if I find myself doing something I'd rather not have to do, if there are weekenders or freestyles coming up, if I'm planning a trip to another part of the country, while I'm asleep.

I know, I need help :blush:, but I like being as sad as this :clap:

Daisy Chain
3rd-May-2007, 12:26 PM

So, how many?

All the time. Certainly infinitely more times than I think about sex :blush:

Sounds like I need therapy................or more dancing.

Daisy

(An Alarmed Little Flower)

Beowulf
3rd-May-2007, 12:38 PM

Fairly often but my mind is pretty disorganised. one second I'm trying to remember a blues move, the next it's a line from song I heard on the radio, then immediately followed by, a problem with my source code at work, Twirly, WoW , Dancing, Work, How I wish I was outside in the sun, Work, Forum, Twirly, Work, Wow.. .. ..

My thought process is like a conflagration in a fireworks factory :)

Dancing's in there, but then so is everything else. By the time I realise I'm thinking about something I'm usually thinking about something else :)

TheTramp
3rd-May-2007, 12:44 PM

6. No. Damn. 7 now. :rolleyes:

Fairly often but my mind is pretty disorganised. one second I'm trying to remember a blues move, the next it's a line from song I heard on the radio, then immediately followed by, a problem with my source code at work, Twirly, WoW , Dancing, Work, How I wish I was outside in the sun, Work, Forum, Twirly, Work, Wow.. .. ..

You think about WoW about as much as you think of your gf? Boy are you in trouble now!!!

Caro
3rd-May-2007, 01:04 PM
You mean there are times when you don't think about dancing? :sick: :wink:

I'm with Gav there... Very alarmingly, I think about dancing (and organising dance related trips) pretty much all the time. I need to make a conscious effort not to and (try and) work. :sick:

Dancing's become way more important than work (when work used to be on the top of my priority lists...), and to be frank I am not sure I want to weigh it against friends and family... :sick:

At which point do people think it becomes a hindrance to the rest of your life (work, friends, family?) ?
We're all addicted, most of us in a nice way, but when it becomes too much... when do we need to actually do something about that addiction?

Beowulf
3rd-May-2007, 01:25 PM
You think about WoW about as much as you think of your gf? Boy are you in trouble now!!!

What's WoW? One of your geeky games? And yes - you'll be in trouble!! :na:

So it would seem !

But What I was trying to say is although I think about dancing a lot, it's not the be-all and end-all of my existence. I think about a myriad other things too. Dancing and Games being one small part of the mix.

"What are you thinking about?" -- Jenna
"In that particular moment, I was reconfiguring the warp field parameters, analysing the collected works of Charles Dickens, calculating the maximum pressure I could safely apply to your lips, considering a new food supplement for Spot..." - Lt Data
"I'm glad I was in there somewhere" -- Jenna

OBVIOUSLY I think about some topics more than others (and NO I don't mean WoW either :rolleyes:) :awe:

Twirly
3rd-May-2007, 01:32 PM
So it would seem !

Don't worry, I'll think of a suitable punishment tomorrow when you arrive - that'll ensure that I'm thought about more than anything else! :devil: :D

Beowulf
3rd-May-2007, 01:41 PM
Don't worry, I'll think of a suitable punishment tomorrow when you arrive - that'll ensure that I'm thought about more than anything else! :devil: :D

Hmm I don't know if I should :tears: or :yum: to that one ;)

David Franklin
3rd-May-2007, 01:41 PM
"What are you thinking about?" -- Jenna
"In that particular moment, I was reconfiguring the warp field parameters, analysing the collected works of Charles Dickens, calculating the maximum pressure I could safely apply to your lips, considering a new food supplement for Spot..." - Lt Data
"I'm glad I was in there somewhere" -- Jenna See also this (http://xkcd.com/c230.html)...

Gav
3rd-May-2007, 02:11 PM
At which point do people think it becomes a hindrance to the rest of your life (work, friends, family?) ?
We're all addicted, most of us in a nice way, but when it becomes too much... when do we need to actually do something about that addiction?

I'm lucky that I have 3 lovely kids, an amazing girlfriend (who also has 3 lovely kids) and now a business to run too. If I didn't have any of those things, I think I'd probably need some help 'cos I'd be trying to fit in dancing all the time.

ducasi
3rd-May-2007, 02:15 PM
And how many times a day do you think about the forum? ;)

Ghost
3rd-May-2007, 02:42 PM
sorting out which dress you're going to wear...

So, how many?
The red one or the black one? The red one or the black one?.........hmmm decisions, decisions :whistle: (while every seven seconds pausing to think about sex of course :innocent: )

I'm with Beowulf, "explosion in a fireworks factory" - who says guys can't multitask :wink:

Although ironically when I'm dancing I rarely think :)

Mythical
3rd-May-2007, 04:00 PM

Once. - Unless I'm riding that day, then I think about dancing twice, because I have to stop thinking about dancing and start thinking about the 15 hands between my legs - otherise she'll explode and I'll end up trying to figure out how to get back from timbuktu!

Wuzzle
3rd-May-2007, 04:29 PM
My name is Wuzzle and i have ceroc addiction. I think about dancing a fair bit more than i used to.

What moves go with this music. Would this song be a good on the dance floor. Would this move connect with this move? Why do i find yoyo's soo hard to give up? Who is Lindy anyway?

Ceroc is starting to effect my sleep or lack there of. How does one switch off after a good night of ceroc????

I can no longer play pool to a satisfactory level :tears: I've skipped birthdays for a workshop and blaze :whistle: family will forgive i think....

How many times is too many? :whistle:

Double Trouble
3rd-May-2007, 04:35 PM
Ceroc is starting to effect my sleep

You should coco...I dream in forum mode. I type in my sleep and add smillies at the end. How sad is that.:tears:

Cruella
3rd-May-2007, 04:45 PM
Once. - Unless I'm riding that day, then I think about dancing twice, because I have to stop thinking about dancing and start thinking about the 15 hands between my legs - otherise she'll explode and I'll end up trying to figure out how to get back from timbuktu!

Did you read that back to yourself before submitting? :rofl: :rofl:

Wuzzle
3rd-May-2007, 04:49 PM
You should coco...I dream in forum mode. I type in my sleep and add smillies at the end. How sad is that.:tears:

Well could be worse you could end up doing text type while your at work. :nice: I dreamt of yoyos and mixture of moves. James Bond ceroc ball :sick: Though at the moment its trying to switch off i have a problem with.. dreams i used to have some sort of control over.

I think redbull maybe a bad effect. I dont really drink the stuff that offen. Though sometimes i need a kick start. I am still trying to find a happy medium. :whistle:

Tho with blaze coming up i'll be quite happy to live on redbull till its all over. :clap:

dave the scaffolder
3rd-May-2007, 08:24 PM
Dancing has become my life i am constantly thinking about it.

Soon as i walk in the door straight on the forum.

Thinking of shooting myself in the head for some peace and quiet
XXX XXX DTS

Blind_Dynamo
3rd-May-2007, 08:44 PM
Dancing has become my life i am constantly thinking about it.

Soon as i walk in the door straight on the forum.

XXX XXX DTS

I know what you mean DTS, I'm addicted too.

When I can'u dance it's like a big part of your is missing.

WittyBird
3rd-May-2007, 11:27 PM
XXX XXX DTS

Would you like me to pass it to you?:na: