PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Operator

Amir
16th-April-2007, 02:33 AM
Such an ugly tag. The last way I want to sum up my existence is as a 'commercial operator'. A plastic surgeon is a commercial operator. Can't it be something slightly more evocative like 'Prophet of love and joy'? Or if the financial aspect of my involvement in dance must be acknowledged, a witty play on words like 'Profit from love and joy'.

Or how about simply 'Amir'. The funky italics can stay. They make me feel cool and different. I've been trying to feel cool and different ever since Jennifer failed to invite me to her pool party in 7th grade. I remember her passing out the invites at class. I was trying so hard not to look like I was trying hard that I entered a semi catatonic state and have suffered mild narcolepsy ever since. Or was that insomnia? I forget which. Actually, I just remembered: I suffer from memory loss. Temporary memory loss and confusion. Steve says that’s a fancy way of describing the fact that I’m stupid. His idea of a joke, I guess, but I never laugh. I can never remember the punch line or who Steve is in the first place.

Does this sound like the plea of a ‘commercial operator’? I rest my case.

philsmove
16th-April-2007, 07:28 AM
How about professional

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional)
or in Amir's case smooth operator

Andy McGregor
16th-April-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm with Amir on this one (apart from the pool party bit, I got my invite but couldn't go due to measles). I like to think that it's Franck's way of indicating that we are more than a "Senior Member". But it probably ensures that people take our posts with a pinch of salt as they are aware that we might be posting for commercial reasons.

Speaking personally, I can think of only a handful of times anybody has attended one of our events due to a posting on here. But we are a long way from most other forumites and forum membership might be a great commercial benefit if you live in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc.

fletch
16th-April-2007, 08:37 AM
Does this sound like the plea of a ‘commercial operator’? I rest my case.

be carefull what you wish for :whistle: you could end up with a name tag that people keep asking you to explain :blush: :innocent:

:D

straycat
16th-April-2007, 08:50 AM
Another vote from me on the lack of esthetic quality in the 'Commerical Operator' term. It really sounds like a euphemism of some kind, although I'd rather not speculate as to what kind. Although not such a blatant euphemism as 'Senior Member'

Amir - at least you knew Jennifer. I'd never heard of her until this moment, and I feel even more excluded than you. Perhaps I too have been mentally scarred by that, and have only just realised it. Is this Franck's fault though?

Perhaps we could break down commercial operators into their main 'activities' - so a teacher could be a Dance God (Amir, of course, would be the Dance God)
DJs could be Music Gods.

Or we could get a little more realistic - a teacher could be an 'Imparter of Knowledge' and a DJ could be a 'Sensei of Sound'. A more organisational person could be a 'Mover and Shaker'.

Oh - the choices....

straycat
16th-April-2007, 08:52 AM
be carefull what you wish for :whistle: you could end up with a name tag that people keep asking you to explain

Now you come to mention it.... ?

WittyBird
16th-April-2007, 09:08 AM
a witty play on words

There's a first time for everything :wink:

fletch
16th-April-2007, 10:38 AM
There's a first time for everything :wink:

unfortunately I ran out of first times years ago :rofl:

Amir
16th-April-2007, 11:28 AM
... so a teacher could be a Dance God ...

This would be complicated for the atheists amongst us - would I still believe in myself? Would Dawkins still talk to me? Or would he sit on my lap on the train insisting to everyone else I am not even there? This could be the source of a serious identity crisis, especially if wearing tight jeans.

I still prefer a neutral tag or none at all. I don't come on the forum to commercially operate, thank you very much.

straycat
16th-April-2007, 12:01 PM
This would be complicated for the atheists amongst us - would I still believe in myself? Would Dawkins still talk to me? Or would he sit on my lap on the train insisting to everyone else I am not even there? This could be the source of a serious identity crisis, especially if wearing tight jeans.

Are you telling me that all those sacrificing all those Morris Dancers to you each year on a Blessed Altar on the Twelfth Moon of the Twelfth Month hasn't helped my dancing after all?????? :what: :what: :sick: :sick:

And it took so long to get the bloodstains out :tears: :tears:

Andy McGregor
16th-April-2007, 01:01 PM
Are you telling me that all those sacrificing all those Morris Dancers to you each year on a Blessed Altar on the Twelfth Moon of the Twelfth Month hasn't helped my dancing after all?????? :what: :what: :sick: :sick: The sacfice of Morris Dancers is not an act of faith, it is a service to the World of Dance. Your only mistake is limiting sacrificial days to once every 12 months. Get with the programme, sacrifice a Morris Dancer today :wink:

Andy McGregor
16th-April-2007, 01:03 PM
And it took so long to get the bloodstains out :tears: :tears:They mostly have cider circulating through their veins. You can remove the stains with white vinegar :waycool:

Amir
16th-April-2007, 01:06 PM
okay jokes aside who can change the annoying tag?

straycat
16th-April-2007, 01:26 PM
Jokes? What jokes? Did I miss something? :confused:

Mary
16th-April-2007, 01:32 PM
But if you just had 'Amir' it makes you sound like a hairdresser! (not dissing hairdressers of course, but you know what I mean). A bit like you see in those glossy magazines - "Hair by Amir". :wink:

Just too camp for words. Like 'Andy McGregor', now that is soooo camp.

M

Sparkles
16th-April-2007, 01:34 PM

You're not the only one who has it, and (I'm sure) not the only one who wishes they didn't have it - but something tells me you'll have to put up a fight to get it changed, "Commercial Operator" tags seem to be here to stay.

straycat
16th-April-2007, 01:40 PM
You're not the only one who has it, and (I'm sure) not the only one who wishes they didn't have it - but something tells me you'll have to put up a fight to get it changed, "Commercial Operator" tags seem to be here to stay.

... and, of course, there have been incidents, after particularly extreme 'debates' on the forum, where casualties could only be identified by their C.O. tags. In such cases, Franck does have a legal obligation to return the tags to your friends / family. It's a dangerous world out there.

And yeah - all joking aside, I too hate the term. There surely must be something nicer sounding that could be used?

Cruella
16th-April-2007, 02:23 PM
And yeah - all joking aside, I too hate the term. There surely must be something nicer sounding that could be used?

How about abbreviating it to C.Op.

Or wouldn't that be very PC.

(OK, my coat is on...........)

TheTramp
16th-April-2007, 02:28 PM

Nah. It's dead easy to get rid of it.

Stop being one! :whistle:

ducasi
16th-April-2007, 02:30 PM
This is not an official policy statement – just my personal opinion.

On the forum, it is sometimes useful to know where people are coming from – especially on "Social Events" threads. A punter might have a slightly different agenda to an organiser, or someone else making money out of the success or otherwise of an event. So, it makes some sense to identify people who aren't just punters...

As for the actual wording, I agree it doesn't sound especially nice, but putting things like "Independent MJ teacher and DJ" below someone's name seems to turn each post they make into a mini-advert, which is probably not what is wanted...

If someone can think of a more pleasing title which captures all aspects of the commercial side of the dance world, perhaps Franck can be persuaded to change it...

Don't count on it though. :wink:

Andy McGregor
16th-April-2007, 02:59 PM
My thought is that both words in Commercial Operator have a slightly negative feel to them. I think the Commercial Operator tag is used to differentiate us from Franchisee, Ceroc Teacher and Ceroc DJ.

How about using the word "Independent"? We could then be "Independent Organiser", "Independent Teacher" or "Independent DJ". We'd still be differentiated from the Ceroc fold, but wouldn't sound like we were in it just for the money.

SnowWhite
16th-April-2007, 03:03 PM
My thought is that both words in Commercial Operator have a slightly negative feel to them. I think the Commercial Operator tag is used to differentiate us from Franchisee, Ceroc Teacher and Ceroc DJ.

How about using the word "Independent"? We could then be "Independent Organiser", "Independent Teacher" or "Independent DJ".

:yeah:

:flower:

Yliander
16th-April-2007, 03:18 PM

How about using the word "Independent"? We could then be "Independent Organiser", "Independent Teacher" or "Independent DJ". We'd still be differentiated from the Ceroc fold, but wouldn't sound like we were in it just for the money.:flower:
:yeah: I'd second that

Mary
16th-April-2007, 03:29 PM

How about using the word "Independent"? We could then be "Independent Organiser", "Independent Teacher" or "Independent DJ". We'd still be differentiated from the Ceroc fold, but wouldn't sound like we were in it just for the money.

Sounds good to me. :yeah:

M

SuzyQ
16th-April-2007, 03:53 PM
The sacfice of Morris Dancers is not an act of faith, it is a service to the World of Dance. Your only mistake is limiting sacrificial days to once every 12 months. Get with the programme, sacrifice a Morris Dancer today :wink:

Watch it Mr McGregor - my parents are Morris Dancers! You could try the 'hate the dance, love the dancer' approach - I find it works for me!

x

bigdjiver
16th-April-2007, 04:03 PM
I do not see any problem with "Commercial operator", and have not yet heard a term that I prefer.

ducasi
16th-April-2007, 04:31 PM
Not all "Commercial Operators" are "Independent".

LMC
16th-April-2007, 04:35 PM
Might be a bit long, but how about:

"Takes money for what others do for love"

Sheepman
16th-April-2007, 05:02 PM
The thing I don't like about the "Commercial Operator" tag is that the "Commercial" implies I make a living out of it. But I certainly wouldn't be doing what I do if I had to make a living out of it!

Greg

dave the scaffolder
16th-April-2007, 05:18 PM
I have a large commercial lorry does that make me a commercial operator.

I also have an operators license for a commercial vehicle can i join the club?

XXX XXX

straycat
16th-April-2007, 05:29 PM

Like it - sounds great!

Andy McGregor
16th-April-2007, 05:47 PM
Not all "Commercial Operators" are "Independent".As this is the Scottish Ceroc Forum I think that all those who are part of Ceroc are listed as such - therefore all those currently listed as "Commercial Operators" are "Independent" of Ceroc.

ducasi
16th-April-2007, 06:42 PM
As this is the Scottish Ceroc Forum I think that all those who are part of Ceroc are listed as such - therefore all those currently listed as "Commercial Operators" are "Independent" of Ceroc.
Just a few examples...

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/mike-allsopp.html
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/bradders.html
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/rocky.html

Certainly, some Ceroc-related people are not listed as Commercial Operators, but many are.

Andy McGregor
16th-April-2007, 06:51 PM
Just a few examples...

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/mike-allsopp.html
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/bradders.html
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/rocky.html

Certainly, some Ceroc-related people are not listed as Commercial Operators, but many are.I would say that knowing somebody is part of the Ceroc family is more important in this forum than knowing that they are not part of the Ceroc family. Surely it's an oversight that Mike, Bradders and Rocky are not lised as Ceroc *****

DianaS
16th-April-2007, 08:12 PM
the term "operator" does imply a person who is less than straight. "She's a smart operator" implies she is some how manipulative. "Cool operator" is quite different though
Say how about the tag of "Cool Commercial Operator" :devil:
Would that please?

CJ
16th-April-2007, 11:28 PM
This is not an official policy statement – just my personal opinion.

On the forum, it is sometimes useful to know where people are coming from – especially on "Social Events" threads. A punter might have a slightly different agenda to an organiser, or someone else making money out of the success or otherwise of an event. So, it makes some sense to identify people who aren't just punters...

As for the actual wording, I agree it doesn't sound especially nice, but putting things like "Independent MJ teacher and DJ" below someone's name seems to turn each post they make into a mini-advert, which is probably not what is wanted...

If someone can think of a more pleasing title which captures all aspects of the commercial side of the dance world, perhaps Franck can be persuaded to change it...

Don't count on it though. :wink:

I've said from day one that I wasn't happy with the title.

With regard to what Ducasi said, it actually went the other way for me. I posted where I was going in a social thread as Jo Punter, but it seemed to be read as an advert because I'm a "C.Op", which was a little sad and unnecessary.

As for "commercial." As Sheepy alluded to, some are more comercially minded than others. There are still many COps who do it for love, and not for the money. Smile.... "All COps are commercial, but some are more commercial than others." Orwell.:D

Amir
17th-April-2007, 12:32 AM
- but something tells me you'll have to put up a fight to get it changed, ....

I thought I was! And no one noticed? How emasculating. The forum equivalent of being asked 'is it in yet?'

Amir
17th-April-2007, 01:16 AM
On the forum, it is sometimes useful to know where people are coming from – especially on "Social Events" threads.

When is the last time I posted in the Social Events thread? That’s just talking for myself. I don't care about any of those other commercial operators. They are all dirty capitalists who should to be tagged gagged and bagged. I’m holier than thou, and I’ve never even met him. Anyway, isn’t that what the profile page is for? You can see where someone is coming from and more on their personal page.

If someone can think of a more pleasing title which captures all aspects of the commercial side of the dance world...

I wouldn't mind a title that captures the commercial side of the dance world, but that title excludes anything except the commercial side. Simply 'organizer' would be okay, I guess. But I am also a teacher, a student, a customer, an observer and philanthropist. That last one may be hard to justify, but its worth remembering as a high point earner in scrabble, and useful if you suddenly ever need a word to rhyme with narcissist.

My point is, um, what is my point? I guess I have no point. Which is my point. I’m round. Multi faceted. There are many parts to me. Un tag me. Unchain me. Set me free. let me fly in the wind, free as a bird. Or at least let me run in circles whilst flapping my arms and squawking like a chicken. What’s the worst that can happen?

Mary
17th-April-2007, 01:33 AM
My point is, um, what is my point? I guess I have no point. Which is my point. I’m round. Multi faceted. There are many parts to me. Un tag me. Unchain me. Set me free. let me fly in the wind, free as a bird. Or at least let me run in circles whilst flapping my arms and squawking like a chicken. What’s the worst that can happen?

You been at the cooking sherry again dear? Never mind - nice cup o' tea and you'll feel right as rain in the morning.

Little Monkey
17th-April-2007, 05:19 AM
Might be a bit long, but how about:

Prostitute?

Sparkles
17th-April-2007, 10:16 AM
Prostitute?

Damn, can't rep you .... but :rofl:

Mary
17th-April-2007, 10:31 AM
Damn, can't rep you .... but :rofl:

I've repped her for you. :D

M

LMC
17th-April-2007, 10:53 AM

Prostitute?
So much for subtlety :cool:

(My first thought was "Dance Tart" though :D)

Little Monkey
17th-April-2007, 11:17 AM
So much for subtlety :cool:

(My first thought was "Dance Tart" though :D)

First you call Amir a prostitute, then a dance tart. Honestly woman, what do you have against the poor man?? :whistle:

LMC
17th-April-2007, 11:20 AM
I was actually thinking of Andy McGregor :D

You were the one to use the "P-word" :hurt innocent face smiley: - I deliberately *didn't* (although the double entendre was intentional :wink: )

Little Monkey
17th-April-2007, 11:23 AM

Ah, well that explains everything.

:hurt innocent face smiley:

Aaaaawwwww. :rofl:

straycat
17th-April-2007, 11:36 AM
Or at least let me run in circles whilst flapping my arms and squawking like a chicken. What’s the worst that can happen?

The absolute worst? I'm honestly not sure, and if it involved a nearby KFC, I don't even want to think about it :sick:

Astro
17th-April-2007, 11:36 AM
I forget which. Actually, I just remembered: I suffer from memory loss. Temporary memory loss and confusion. Steve says that’s a fancy way of describing the fact that I’m stupid. His idea of a joke, I guess, but I never laugh. I can never remember the punch line or who Steve is in the first place.

As long as you don't loose your muscle memory.

I can't find my thinking cap, will have to get back to you.....

JCB
17th-April-2007, 01:05 PM
First you call Amir a prostitute, then a dance tart. Honestly woman, what do you have against the poor man?? :whistle:
I was going to suggest "Professional"... doesn't seem like such a good idea now!:blush: :D

Lou
17th-April-2007, 01:30 PM
On the forum, it is sometimes useful to know where people are coming from – especially on "Social Events" threads. A punter might have a slightly different agenda to an organiser, or someone else making money out of the success or otherwise of an event.
I disagree. I had the tag some while back when I was still running a tiny little unprofitable class because I couldn't bear to see it stop. I was in a discussion with some new upstart called DavidJames, who accused me of having some sort of biased opinion cause of my "commercial interest"! :rofl: Like CJ points out:
I posted where I was going in a social thread as Jo Punter, but it seemed to be read as an advert because I'm a "C.Op", which was a little sad and unnecessary. There's some prejudice on this forum, y'know! I also have to highlight Sheepy's & CJ's comments..
As Sheepy alluded to, some are more comercially minded than others. There's a lot of punters who run small-scale things on the side.

I think the Commercial Operator tag is used to differentiate us from Franchisee, Ceroc Teacher and Ceroc DJ.
I agree with Andy. Maybe we could change it to something like "Non-Ceroc", "Unassimilated", "Unclean", "Heathen", "Here be Dragons"... etc.?

ducasi
17th-April-2007, 02:56 PM
There's a lot of punters who run small-scale things on the side.
It's easier to tar you all with the same brush, rather than figure out how much tarring each of you is worth, no? ;)

straycat
17th-April-2007, 03:02 PM
It's easier to tar you all with the same brush, rather than figure out how much tarring each of you is worth, no? ;)

I hope you at least wash it between tarrings. Hygiene is important.

Ghost
18th-April-2007, 12:18 PM

Split the difference?
Commercial Teacher, Commercial DJ etc to mirror the current Ceroc versions

(BTW Taz is a Ceroc DJ now - does she get a title?)

bigdjiver
18th-April-2007, 12:25 PM
:devil: Would "Superior" make you all happy?:devil:

CJ
18th-April-2007, 12:36 PM
:devil: Would "Superior" make you all happy?:devil:

Mother superior made many people happy. Your point is.............:confused:

CJ
18th-April-2007, 01:51 PM

Split the difference?
Commercial Teacher, Commercial DJ etc to mirror the current Ceroc versions

Are Ceroc crew not commercial?!?:confused:

Ghost
18th-April-2007, 01:58 PM
Are Ceroc crew not commercial?!?:confused:

How about "MJ Teacher", DJ etc then with "Ceroc Teacher" reserved for those who officially teach Ceroc?

bigdjiver
18th-April-2007, 02:07 PM
How about "MJ Teacher", DJ etc then with "Ceroc Teacher" reserved for those who officially teach Ceroc?I like it!

(and am kicking myself for not thinking of it myself.)

straycat
18th-April-2007, 02:28 PM
How about "MJ Teacher", DJ etc then with "Ceroc Teacher" reserved for those who officially teach Ceroc?

Then CJ could be 'CJ MJ DJ' :D

'Course ... I'm more of a Lindy DJ :whistle:

MartinHarper
19th-April-2007, 04:44 PM
As well as the possible bias in "Social Events", I think readers might also want to know which posts in "Talk about Dance" are written by organisers and teachers and suchlike: people who presumably know what they are talking about.

How about "Dance Professional"?

ducasi
19th-April-2007, 04:57 PM
As well as the possible bias in "Social Events", I think readers might also want to know which posts in "Talk about Dance" are written by organisers and teachers and suchlike: people who presumably know what they are talking about.

How about "Dance Professional"?
If you're a dance professional, I suggest you add this fact to your profile under "occupation". :)

Andy McGregor
19th-April-2007, 06:22 PM

You were the one to use the "P-word" :hurt innocent face smiley: - I deliberately *didn't* (although the double entendre was intentional :wink: )Of course, being male (ish) I'd be a gigolo. Although I don't think I'd get much repeat business :tears:

On the subject of taking money for doing what others do for love, I'm not aware of any teachers or organisers that don't charge. Although we all have venues that don't make a profit.

Speaking personally, I'm delighted that people want to pay me to do what I love doing :flower:

Rocky
5th-May-2007, 11:08 PM
I've thought about this for a while and I think I can put a different spin on it. Any marketer will till you that you should sell the 'sizzle' not the 'sausage' - lots of campaigns, products and services do the opposite and fail because of it.

Here's an example: condoms. A lot of people don't use them because of what they are called and also because they are very clinical in nature, uncool etc. etc. French letter is no good either as the English hate the French... (Franck accepted of course). We all know that they are incredibly important in this day and age but they have just got an image problem. So why not call them 'Fun Bags' (or something...) because here's the deal. If you wear one, you don't have to worry about disease and pregnancy and also if it's a given that everyone wears one, there is no awkwardness or embarrassment about asking or insisting. On this basis each person can relax and just enjoy the experience and the intimacy (not withstanding the numbness etc.) So you relax and have FUN because the issues that concern you that are at the back of your mind are being dealt with. That's selling the sizzle - even though there is a nice link with sausages too....

Now, what is that 'Commercial Operators' do? Well they organize events where people get together in a social environment and have fun. Also, very few actually make any money so the commercial aspect is wrong anyway. The fun is evident at week nights, at freestyles and at weekenders where these events actually turn into big parties (well, they do if you are doing right..) So 'Commercial Operators' are actually 'Party Organizers' aren't they?

How about something down those lines? It still shows that they are involved in the business end but gives a more positive spin to the handle. :D

Dance Demon
6th-May-2007, 09:28 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again..............We really do need a YAWN smiley on this forum:rolleyes:

straycat
6th-May-2007, 03:55 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again..............We really do need a YAWN smiley on this forum:rolleyes:

On account of there haven't been any posts on this thread since 19th April, you mean? :devil:
Ahem. How about this one? http://www.uni-passau.de/icons/pacman_yawn.gif

And this one's fun too... http://members.aol.com/rbrown6172/sleeping%20smiley.gif

Andy McGregor
6th-May-2007, 04:59 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again..............We really do need a YAWN smiley on this forum:rolleyes::yawn:

Raul
6th-May-2007, 09:59 PM
On account of there haven't been any posts on this thread since 19th April, you mean? :devil:
Ahem. How about this one? http://www.uni-passau.de/icons/pacman_yawn.gif

And this one's fun too... http://members.aol.com/rbrown6172/sleeping%20smiley.gif

I like this smiley.

I hope it does not refer to any of the postings in this thread. To quote Soren Kierkegaard "Once you label me, you negate me."

A label is so limiting, and if it is ugly or inaccurate, even more so.

Dreadful Scathe
9th-May-2007, 09:31 PM
French letter is no good either as the English hate the French...

theres no accounting for English taste though ;)

Dance Demon
10th-May-2007, 03:22 PM
Are there different kinds of Commercial Operator, governed by separate rules?
Some Commercial operators can openly start a thread about their nights or concepts, and they don't get removed, whereas others are accused of blatant self promotion for doing the same thing and theur posts are removed almost immediately...:confused:

Rocky
10th-May-2007, 06:06 PM
Some Commercial operators can openly start a thread about their nights or concepts, and they don't get removed, whereas others are accused of blatant self promotion for doing the same thing and theur posts are removed almost immediately...:confused:

That's because some are T*ats who take the p*ss and some aren't... Go figure.. (Yawn)

Dance Demon
10th-May-2007, 11:59 PM
That's because some are T*ats who take the p*ss and some aren't... Go figure.. (Yawn)

I suspect from the tone of your reply, that you are suggesting that I am a T*at.
Quite easy to throw insults from over 400 miles away. Another keyboard hardman it would seem. Tsk........:rolleyes:

Rocky
11th-May-2007, 08:41 AM
I suspect from the tone of your reply, that you are suggesting that I am a T*at.
Quite easy to throw insults from over 400 miles away. Another keyboard hardman it would seem. Tsk........:rolleyes:

:rofl: That's interesting. I wasn't actually referring to you... but if the T*at fits....:whistle:

Dance Demon
11th-May-2007, 10:12 AM
:rofl: That's interesting. I wasn't actually referring to you... but if the T*at fits....:whistle:

Ooh...the master of quick wit and ready repartee strikes again.........I'm deeply wounded:rolleyes:

Rocky
11th-May-2007, 11:01 AM
http://members.aol.com/rbrown6172/sleeping%20smiley.gif

Andy McGregor
11th-May-2007, 03:15 PM
Some Commercial operators can openly start a thread about their nights or concepts, and they don't get removed, whereas others are accused of blatant self promotion for doing the same thing and theur posts are removed almost immediately...:confused:I'm afraid that there are different kinds of commercial operator. There's the kind from Ceroc. They can say what they like on the Scottish Ceroc Forum. There's the kind who are not from Ceroc - in the world of commerce these non-Ceroc "operators" are called "competitors". I think it is a great credit to Franck that he continues to let us post at all and am not remotely surprised if I have a post removed if it promotes one of my events.

This does not mean I agree with Rocky. He's just looking for a fight. As DD is 400 miles away Rocky is welcome to pick a fight with me. Just think how embarassing it will be for him to have his arse whipped by a 50 year old, short, balding wimp :whistle:

Lee Bartholomew
11th-May-2007, 03:24 PM
Just think how embarassing it will be for him to have his arse whipped by a 50 year old, short, balding wimp :whistle:

Who is partial to wearing womens clothing. :grin:

SilverFox
11th-May-2007, 04:38 PM
Just think how embarassing it will be for him to have his arse whipped by a 50 year old, short, balding wimp :whistle:I know he looks it, but I didn't realise Rocky was 50 already.....:D

Rocky
12th-May-2007, 01:33 PM
This does not mean I agree with Rocky. He's just looking for a fight. As DD is 400 miles away Rocky is welcome to pick a fight with me. Just think how embarassing it will be for him to have his arse whipped by a 50 year old, short, balding wimp :whistle:

Handbags at dawn?

Andy McGregor
12th-May-2007, 07:36 PM
Handbags at dawn?Too early! I need natural light to do my make-up properly :wink:

Your choice* of weapon, but I'm suggesting dusk. I look my best in the half-light :waycool:

* If I had the choice I would choose unarmed combat with us both stripped to the waist - but that's only because I'm down to thrash Gadget with my first choice weapon, the foil. We could go for the sabre if Rocky likes.

Rocky
14th-May-2007, 12:20 PM
Too early! I need natural light to do my make-up properly :wink:

Your choice* of weapon, but I'm suggesting dusk. I look my best in the half-light :waycool:

* If I had the choice I would choose unarmed combat with us both stripped to the waist - but that's only because I'm down to thrash Gadget with my first choice weapon, the foil. We could go for the sabre if Rocky likes.

I don't mind either way - I'm just glad you didn't specify the 'Pork Sword' as your weapon of choice..

Ghost
14th-May-2007, 03:56 PM
Too early! I need natural light to do my make-up properly :wink:
Are you implying the sun gives off unnatural light at dawn? :confused: :wink:

Lou
14th-May-2007, 04:14 PM
* If I had the choice I would choose unarmed combat with us both stripped to the waist

I don't mind either way - I'm just glad you didn't specify the 'Pork Sword' as your weapon of choice..

I'd assumed Andy McGregor meant that you'd strip to the waist from the top half. :rolleyes:

Andy McGregor
14th-May-2007, 07:34 PM
Are you implying the sun gives off unnatural light at dawn? :confused: :wink:No, but meeting at dawn means that I will need to do my make-up before dawn. Get with the programme.

Ghost
15th-May-2007, 05:52 PM
No, but meeting at dawn means that I will need to do my make-up before dawn. Get with the programme.

Oh so the unnatural light occurs pre-dawn. Moon and stars and stuff. Got it.:wink:

Anyway are swords such a good idea? They ruin outfits and get blood everywhere which is such a nuisance to get out :whistle:

Andy McGregor
16th-May-2007, 01:48 AM
Oh so the unnatural light occurs pre-dawn. Moon and stars and stuff. Got it.:wink:

Anyway are swords such a good idea? They ruin outfits and get blood everywhere which is such a nuisance to get out :whistle: There would, of course, be insufficient light before the dawn.

I would get no blood on my outfit. I am the queen of swordplay (or Spam(tm) Javelins). I will thrash Gadget without even sweating into my under-plastron and I will beat Rocky whichever way he chooses to strip from the waist :what:

I would even beat Rocky if I was naked and covered in bacon fat :innocent: