PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Greenwich's 2nd Birthday Party

Dan Hudson
23rd-July-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi all,

If any of you are free Saturday, why not pop down to Ceroc Greenwich's Party Night.

West Greenwich Arts and Community Centre
GREENWICH HIGH RD
LONDON SE10

7.30 'til late, licensed bar, sprung dance floor, fabulous music... No class, just Freestyle.

Tickets £8.00 in advance or £10 on the door.

CALL 0208 855 6198 FOR TICKETS OR EMAIL TEAM@CEROCGREENWICH.CO.UK

See you there..:cheers:

Rachel
23rd-July-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Dan Hudson
7.30 'til late Sounds fun, but can I just ask - what does 'late' mean? (For the benefit of those of us who live a long way away.)
Rachel

Dan Hudson
23rd-July-2003, 03:41 PM
Rachel

Midnight.. Sorry I didn't know! hence the 'late'

check our website for more details.. www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

Dan

Rachel
23rd-July-2003, 03:42 PM
Rachel

Midnight.. Sorry I didn't know! hence the 'late'

check our website for more details.. www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

Dan Thanks!

Emma
23rd-July-2003, 11:45 PM
Yay, come down Rachel! It'd be great to see you! :grin:

Curtain
24th-July-2003, 02:37 AM
Jesus, how many people are willing to pay £10 for a night of dancing? I hope you're getting paid well Dan!!

Rachel
24th-July-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Curtain
Jesus, how many people are willing to pay £10 for a night of dancing? I hope you're getting paid well Dan!! And the £15 for half a tank of petrol ... But, yes, I'd pay that for the promise of a really good night's dancing. You'd spend much more than that for the same length of time in a pub ...

Dan Hudson
25th-July-2003, 12:49 PM
And i have heard the DJ at charlton is the best on the modern jive circuit at the moment:devil: :D :D

Dan Hudson
25th-July-2003, 12:50 PM
Also Rachel would be our guset coz she's special....:yum:

Graham
25th-July-2003, 01:03 PM
Also Rachel would be our guset coz she's special....:yum: :what: :what: Care to rephrase that? :really: :really:

Dan Hudson
25th-July-2003, 01:09 PM
Ooops, bad typo sorry:blush: :blush:

Grant
25th-July-2003, 01:59 PM
Ooops, bad typo sorry:blush: :blush:
shame, i was looking forward to a photo of Rachel as a gus(s)et
:D
Grant

Rachel
25th-July-2003, 02:17 PM
Also Rachel would be our guset coz she's special....:yum: Ahhh, I'm flattered! I've never been a 'guset' before.... (Though could you explain to me what that entails, and how I should prepare myself for the role?)
Rachel

Claire
27th-July-2003, 01:16 AM
Hope you all had a fantastic time this evening!

I am sooooo jealous that I couldn't go. Sitting in a park getting more soggy by the second listening to tribute bands is not nearly as much fun as a ceroc party at Greenwich.

~poor me~

:tears:

Jon
27th-July-2003, 05:49 PM
And i have heard the DJ at charlton is the best on the modern jive circuit at the moment:devil: :D :D

Which DJ would that be then Dan?
The one thats there when your not or prehaps the young lady your training :wink: :sorry

Emma
27th-July-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Jon
Which DJ would that be then Dan?
The one thats there when your not or perhaps the young lady you're training :wink: :sorry And where were *you* last night Mr L???

Rachel
28th-July-2003, 11:28 AM
Excellent night at Greenwich on Saturday! Thank you Dan, Russell, Emma ... It's a gorgeous venue, and you've got some lovely dancers there. Definitely worth the journey down. (Sorry Claire, don't mean to make you any more jealous, but ...!)

Loved your shoes, Emma!

Hi Jon, yes we did meet at Camber last May. And, to second Emma, where were you on Sat?

Rachel

Chicklet
28th-July-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Loved your shoes, Emma!

MORE INFO!!!!
PICIES!!!!???

have you finally gone "heel" babe???:D

CJ
28th-July-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
MORE INFO!!!!
PICIES!!!!???
D

No, she's a gemini.

Rachel
28th-July-2003, 12:24 PM
MORE INFO!!!!
PICIES!!!!???

have you finally gone "heel" babe???:D I know I shouldn't be replying on behalf of Emma ...

but -

Yes, she's got heels! Actually she's got bleyer wedges - red and black pairs. I love those shoes - they look so cute. I've been tempted to get some for ages, but never been sure how good they'd be for spinning. Anyone else got these?

Ooops, danger of corrupting another thread with shoe talk ...
R.

Dreadful Scathe
28th-July-2003, 01:01 PM

Ooops, danger of corrupting another thread with shoe talk ...
R.

Indeed. Corrupting threads with random nonsense is quite acceptable, but theres no need to corrupt them with talk of shoes for goodness sake!!!

Mind you, if anything fit the term 'random nonsense' it would be shoes? so...er....carry on

Emma
28th-July-2003, 03:43 PM
have you finally gone "heel" babe???:D They're wedges so they're flat on the bottom....it's my in-between compromise :wink:

Heather
28th-July-2003, 04:21 PM
I know I shouldn't be replying on behalf of Emma ...

Actually she's got bleyer wedges - red and black pairs. I love those shoes - they look so cute. I've been tempted to get some for ages, but never been sure how good they'd be for spinning. Anyone else got these?

R.

I have 4 pairs of Bleyer Swivel shoes and I absolutely LOVE them, they are just so comfortable. Of all the dance shoes I have, I most prefer to slip in to a pair of Swivels. As for spinning in them, it depends on the sole, I have a red pair and a white pair with suede soles, I don't feel you have so much 'control' with the suede soles,they can be very slippy, I have black leather and black suede with the plastc soles and I feel there is much more 'control' with them.
I've just converted Sheena to Swivel, we both got white ones and 'Christened' them at Marco's on Saturday!!!:D

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Jon
29th-July-2003, 12:02 AM
And, to second Emma, where were you on Sat?
In bed with the worst cold you can imagine I'm afraid. Ok I admit it I'm a wimp :blush: . Everyone keeps saying I missed a great night and I'm absolutely gutted. Promise I'll save you 2 dances next time I see you.

Lou
29th-July-2003, 09:07 AM
Firstly DS, this is not 'random nonsense'!!!!!! :really:

http://www.jazzjive.demon.co.uk/images/Bleyer_Swivel.gif

I love wedges for daytime wear, and Rachel, you're right - they look sooooooo cute! But I'm not sure I'll ever be weened off my cubans....

Chicklet
29th-July-2003, 09:14 AM
3 cheers for the shoe pic Lou!!!

very interested to hear they come in red...haven't got any red yet....

one question, I buy my trainers to normal size but bought my heels 1/2 smaller and they have stretched such that I could have got away with a whole size smaller, any recomendations on this issue for the wedges Emma, Lou, Heather, Sheena?...not that I NEED another pair of shoes but seeing as I haven't got any red yet.....

Cx:D

Rachel
29th-July-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Heather
I have 4 pairs of Bleyer Swivel shoes and I absolutely LOVE them, they are just so comfortable. Of all the dance shoes I have, I most prefer to slip in to a pair of Swivels. As for spinning in them, it depends on the sole, I have a red pair and a white pair with suede soles, I don't feel you have so much 'control' with the suede soles,they can be very slippy, I have black leather and black suede with the plastc soles and I feel there is much more 'control' with them.
I've just converted Sheena to Swivel, we both got white ones and 'Christened' them at Marco's on Saturday!!!:D

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX Mmmm, so tempting.... Though I like the sound of the suede soles, to be honest, as I fear sticking to the floor. Are they flexible? I mean, can you dance easily with your heels off the ground? I wonder if going from normal heels to wedges would change your dance style a lot? Could be interesting! You know, I think I'll just have to go and try a pair on myself....

Wow, all this from someone who's only ever had one pair of dance shoes. Girls, I think you're corrupting me!!
Rachel

Rachel
29th-July-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Jon
In bed with the worst cold you can imagine I'm afraid. Ok I admit it I'm a wimp :blush: . Everyone keeps saying I missed a great night and I'm absolutely gutted. Promise I'll save you 2 dances next time I see you. All men are wimps - given the chance to stay in bed, moan a lot and be nursed. Alright, seriously, hope you get better soon, take loads and loads of garlic (it's ok, you're not dancing) and I'll look forward to those dances!
Rachel

Emma
29th-July-2003, 10:15 AM
Mmmm, so tempting.... Though I like the sound of the suede soles, to be honest, as I fear sticking to the floor. Are they flexible? I mean, can you dance easily with your heels off the ground? I like the suede soled ones best, though admittedly the plastic ones are good for a slippery floor like St Mary's (I am so sad....I know the slipperyness of floors....:rolleyes: ). They *are* flexible as they are quite thin at the front. My main problem with my suede soled ones is that they need re-soling right now, as I have de-crudded them so many times there's not much 'nap' left on the leather.

Chickie - I bought a size smaller...well..I tend to wear either 38 or 39 depending on the shoe and in this case I bought 38. They looked *tiny* when they arrived but magically my foot fitted in. (Still waiting for the blinkin prince to arrive though! ;) ) They're more burgundy than red, darlink (won't go with yer beamer)..and actually I heard they'd discontinued the red. Which means the marketting dept has to be run by a man!

Rachel
29th-July-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Emma
... They looked *tiny* when they arrived but magically my foot fitted in. They did look tiny - I thought your feet were only about size 3 when I saw them!

I like the suede soled ones best, though admittedly the plastic ones are good for a slippery floor like St Mary's (I am so sad....I know the slipperyness of floors....:rolleyes: ). Hey, but the slipperyness and 'give' of floors is crucial - nothing sad about that. (Especially for old people like me with ancient knees!)

You know what's just occured to me, though (only taken me 6 years to come to this realisation!)? Given the possibility that different style shoes could change our style of dancing, then really, I guess, we ought to be changing our shoes every time the music switches from swing to dance/funk to latin ... I certainly dance differently when I wear my flat jazz shoes at workshops. The only problem with that, is you'd waste all that time changing, when you could be dancing ... Perhaps not, then!
Rachel

Emma
29th-July-2003, 10:37 AM
I guess, we ought to be changing our shoes every time the music switches from swing to dance/funk to latin ... Nooooo!! Don't give me more excuses to get shoes!! *lol*

Sheepman
30th-July-2003, 02:20 PM
This seems to be turning into the shoelace - er sorry thread :sick:
but I feel qualified to take part, with a collection to threaten Imelda's, and I regularly take along 5 pairs, after all, even known dance floors change character from one week to the next.

(Especially for old people like me with ancient knees!)
Now come on Rachel, last night I thought you were about to say you were not thin, and now you're ancient. If only I could ever again be as fat and decrepit as you!! :grin: :grin:
Greg