PDA

View Full Version : Help! Inspiration required!!

Emma
22nd-July-2003, 06:34 PM
Erm...anyone fancy coming up with some names for some of my new prints? There are only so many variations on 'dancers' or 'dancing' a girl can come up with :what:

Here's a few of 'em - most are variations on a theme....I'd like them all to have dance-related titles, even if the image is abstract :grin:

1.http://www.btinternet.com/~ec.prints/Untitled-4web.jpg 2. http://www.btinternet.com/~ec.prints/Untitled17web.jpg 3.http://www.btinternet.com/~ec.prints/untitled12web.jpg
4.http://www.btinternet.com/~ec.prints/untitled13web.jpg 5.http://www.btinternet.com/~ec.prints/untitled7web.jpg

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-July-2003, 08:31 PM
Heres some poor suggestions, forgive me... they're lame and some work better against different pictures :)...

1. Dance Inferno
Dance on the Sun

2. ethereal energy
elemental dance
cool moves

3. jive rouge
infra led (groan)

4. road to the sky
aireated elegance

5. energy flow

Tiggerbabe
22nd-July-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

3. infra led (groan)

:rofl: Brilliant!

Alfie
22nd-July-2003, 11:30 PM
Hi Emma,

1, Swinging Hot Spot
Bright Fever

2, Blues on Blue

3, Claret 'n' Swing
Scarlet Fever
Red and Roll

4, Smooth Blues

5, Red River Rock

All this from a colour blind engineer without an ounce of artistic ability in his bones
:D :D :D
Do we get a Dance if you are inspired by our choice of title?

Curtain
22nd-July-2003, 11:54 PM
Emma,

1. Are You Dancin'?
2. Are You Askin'?
3. Am Dancin'!!

4. The Elephant
5. Lama Lamp

Mine could be construed a little tongue in cheek, but the first three look like a situational comic strip!!

Emma
23rd-July-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Scathe
infra led (groan) *snigger*

Originally posted by Curtain
Mine could be construed a little tongue in cheek Surely not! :wink:

Originally posted by Alfie
Do we get a dance if you are inspired by our choice of title? Too blimmin right you do! :grin:

Great ideas so far, chaps :) I shall probably end up writing them *all* down for future inspiration.

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 11:55 AM
1) My First Move!!!

2) Dancing in the shadows.
Cool Blue
Hitting the blue notes...

3) Feel the heat. (not the best, but I'm suggesting the red space between the dancers is "hotter" than the pink space around. Go, figure!!)
Red hot dancing

4) Become the music

5) Men are from Mars, women from Venus,
Let's dance like this, what's it do to my... blood pressure?:D
seriously (if only for a second....) I see the red as male, the pink as female: the red enveloping the lady as he leads..... any help with a title?

It's WAY too early for me.....

Emma
23rd-July-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
(not the best, but I'm suggesting the red space between the dancers is "hotter" than the pink space around. Go, figure!!)
...and later I plan to run the suggestions past a psychoanalyst... :wink:

Seriously tho CJ, I don't think you're seeing the wrong things, I may call on you next time I have to write some artybo****ks for a gallery :grin:

Stuart M
23rd-July-2003, 12:05 PM
Hi Emma,

How about...

2. Cool Strobe
3. Read the Lead
4. A82 Loch Lomondside on a particularly wet day....
5. Sway

One of these is not entirely serious...

Emma
23rd-July-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
Hi Emma,

5. Sway

One of these is not entirely serious... I knew it the moment I read it.... :P

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Emma
[BSeriously tho CJ, I may call on you next time I have to write some artybo****ks for a gallery :grin: [/B]

You say the sweetest things....:tears:

Gadget
23rd-July-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Emma in response to CJ
...and later I plan to run the suggestions past a psychoanalyst... :wink:
You're not asking CJ for interpritation of artwork are you? :what: :what: :what:

Not very origional, but here's my efforts...{BS101}
1: Sparks
the vibrant impact of colour shows the passion between the dancers, while there positions and form maintains a distance between them

2: Shadows of life
the dancers are in the throws of life, but the shadows of them have more substance. the reverse shadows represent the interplay between them and the impact they leave on each other

3: Emotion
hot colour is used to enhance and enforce the connection between the two forms as they are joined by movement

4: Close
two form the one curved line of motion, the cool blue showing the slow sensuality of close dancing

5: Abandonment
the broken lines convey a rapid energy while flowing allong the smooth lines. the colours enhance the feeling of a continuous and almost reckless free-flowing movement

{...and I was getting at CJ :sorry}

Emma
23rd-July-2003, 01:58 PM
Bloody 'ell Gadget, you're a natural! Are you sure you're not moonlighting for Saatchi?

Consider yourself employed as my chief artyb*****ks writer :)

me, I just write 'It's about dancing, innit?'

This may be where I have been going wrong :wink:

Emma
24th-July-2003, 02:05 PM
Ooookay guys..here's what I decided on:

1&2. will be titled as part of a series 'Making the Move' (there's about 4 different sets of different colours, more to come)

3. Still struggling with this one - might yet go with 'Boom-Shack-a-Lack' which was my orig idea...again there's about 8 diff versions, not all red so all those lovely red references will have to wait for another series! Wavering about 'Feel the heat' as well for this one. Typically it's the one I need a title for today. D'uh.
[edit] OK, I've plumped for 'Jive Rouge' (see how I cleverly didn't use either of the ones I was dithering about??)and the other colours can be 'jive bleu' or 'jive rose' or 'jive fantastique', or whatever. Hurrah!

4&5, 'Sway' series (cool sway, hot sway, close sway, blue sway, etc etc etc ..there's actually about 30 different versions of these at the mo)

I am seriously indebted to y'all for the suggestions. I was *really* stuck and you really helped me out. Thanks also for not taking the p*ss (well, not much). If you'd like to mail/pm me yer address I shall post you the latest (exclusive, darlings...) version of the Emma Clark Prints diffusion range :grin: :kiss: :cheers:

michael
26th-July-2003, 10:04 AM
:confused: Not quite what i had in mind for my living room wall but has got me thinking? Anyway i pass on some pathetic names.

Ps FI is abreviation for Formula One Motor Racing: i think your number five is just fabby doo and i could think of a dozen names for that one (sorry Emma all F1)

1. Dancing in heaven (or hell)
Hot Nights
Lava Dancing
2. Split personalities
Your inner self
The sea Dance
The Beach Party

3. Ecstasy Moves
Latino Flows
Flowing Lava
Dancing with Passion
4. Fast Tracking

5. FI
Fast Tracks
FI-Life in the fast lane

Gadget
27th-July-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Bloody 'ell Gadget, you're a natural! Are you sure you're not moonlighting for Saatchi?
:rofl: :rofl: Yup, natral at BS me. :grin: that's why I like this Ceroc stuff :wink:

Like the titles btw