PDA

View Full Version : Big Perth Week-end - 16th/17th August 2003

Franck
21st-July-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi guys,

I finally managed to finalize all the details for the Big event next month, and what a week-end it will be!

Here is the programme and costs for the workshops and parties, feel free to ask questions / info on this thread, and of course, be sure to book as early as possible as the workshops are going to be so incredibly popular and will no doubt sell out very fast.

Here is the plan for the week-end :nice:

Saturday 16th August:

10.30am 'til 12.30pm: Lead and Follow Technique - David and Lily Barker
1.30pm 'til 3.30pm: Interesting Spins - David and Lily Barker
3.45pm 'til 5.45pm: Musical Interpretation - David and Lily Barker

Saturday night Big Party: 7.30pm 'til 1.00am with guest DJs, Cabarets, Live Ceilidh band and many extra surprises!!! A party packed with entertainment, ideal for Cerocers and non-cerocers...Freestyle dancing 'til 1.00am

Sunday 17th August:

11.00am 'til 1.00pm: Cabaret Flash & Style - Adam Nathanson
2.00pm 'til 4.00 pm: Closer still... more sexy moves from Adam Nathanson

Each workshop and the party will cost 12.50 per person, but you can buy 2 package deals:

Silver package: any 2 workshops + the party for £30.00
Gold package: All 5 workshops + the party for £60.00. The gold package will also include a buffet lunch on both days.

Special Discount for Ceroc Scotland Forum Members: 10% off advertised prices :D Email or PM with your username to qualify.

Numbers will be limited, so make sure you book as early as possible. You can book by email (big@cerocscotland.com ) or phone 01324-613 209.

Cheers,

Franck.

xSalsa_Angelx
21st-July-2003, 02:22 PM
Franck,
Do you need a partner for this workshop, or do you dance with different peeps like you do in ceroc?

I would like to take my Boyfriend Andy, if he's here .... off to Norway today for 3 weeks... Boo Hoo

Franck
21st-July-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Franck,
Do you need a partner for this workshop, or do you dance with different peeps like you do in ceroc? Nope, no need for a partner, everyone will get rotated, including the Close moves workshop. :devil: :nice:

Franck.

Sandy
21st-July-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Hi guys,

I finally managed to finalize all the details for the Big event next month, and what a week-end it will be!

Here is the plan for the week-end :nice:

Saturday 16th August:

Franck.

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: can't believe I won't be able to make this weekend

Hope everyone else has fun, really!

Totally devastated Sandy:sad:

Franck
22nd-July-2003, 05:00 PM
First of all, I have had to change the schedule of workshops slightly above as Adam wasn't going to be in Perth on time to teach the Saturday workshop.

Secondly, for anyone doing the workshops, you can also book a buffet lunch for £5.00 per person each day (remember lunch is included in the gold package for both days).

More good news, there will be another major surprise on the Saturday night, but I can't announce it just yet, though watch this space :wink:

Finally, as a thank you to all Forum members, I have decided to offer a special discount price for any Ceroc member, even if you only join over the next few weeks...
Any forum member booking for the Big Perth event, will receive a further 10% discount on the prices above, including the silver / gold packages :DOffer valid only when booking online

This offer is only valid for the next 2 and a half weeks... until and including the Glasgow Party on the 9th August...
So don't delay! :cheers:

Franck.

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
23rd-July-2003, 12:03 AM

Silver package: any 2 workshops + the party for £30.00
Gold package: All 5 workshops + the party for £60.00.

That's a bit steep Franck old fellow, is it not????!!!!! £60 for a weekend without accommodation- or am I just out of touch :confused:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-July-2003, 12:32 AM
Well maybe you can get accomodation for foxes for a few pounds .........:wink:

Normal workshops are £25 for 4 hours not including your lunch so for 5 workshops taught by guest teachers of the calibre of David, Lily and Adam - lunch both days plus the party - £54 for the package would seem like a reasonable deal.

The Aberdeen Beach Ballroom weekend was fabulous and I'm really looking forward to this one.

I'm sure there's been a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make this happen.........I hope it's a huge success so that we can have more events like this in Scotland. :nice:

23rd-July-2003, 10:50 AM
Fair point Sheena.

Who's Adam? Has he been in Scotland before?

Rachel
23rd-July-2003, 11:02 AM
Mmmmm, now this sounds too irresistible to miss - workshops by Adam, David & Lily, big party, surprises, seeing old friends, meeting other forum members ....

Marc will just need to find out, as a matter of extreme urgency, if he can possibly get the time off work that weekend. I've got my fingers very firmly crossed - so you never know, maybe see you there!!
Rachel

Rachel
23rd-July-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
Who's Adam? He runs Ceroc Metro - amazing dancer, fantastic teacher ...

Has he been in Scotland before? Oh yes! Take a look at the thread on the Midsummer Beach Ballroom party!

TheTramp
23rd-July-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Mmmmm, now this sounds too irresistible to miss - workshops by Adam, David & Lily, big party, surprises, seeing old friends, meeting other forum members ....

Marc will just need to find out, as a matter of extreme urgency, if he can possibly get the time off work that weekend. I've got my fingers very firmly crossed - so you never know, maybe see you there!!
Rachel Please come :D

Steve

Rachel
23rd-July-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Please come :D

Steve Hello again Steve! We'll try, I promise, but I honestly don't know for sure yet.

Anyway, how you doing up north there??? I should be annoyed with you for abandoning us down here ... You missed a fantastic night at Hipsters yesterday. You are missing it, really, aren't you?? Oh, there's something I meant to tell you, hang on, I'll PM ...

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-July-2003, 02:33 PM
Oh, there's something I meant to tell you, hang on, I'll PM ...

ooooh, thats just nasty that is - anything interesting should be shared with us all, not sent as a PM. You tease you :)

Rachel
23rd-July-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
ooooh, thats just nasty that is - anything interesting should be shared with us all, not sent as a PM. You tease you :) Hee hee! Yep, mean and nasty - that's me!

No, really, it's just not something that's particularly interesting to anyone else, that's all. Honest ...

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 02:41 PM
No, really, it's just not something that's particularly interesting to anyone else, that's all. Honest ...

And, em, WE'LL be the judge of that!!:wink:

Franck
23rd-July-2003, 02:54 PM
That's a bit steep Franck old fellow, is it not????!!!!! £60 for a weekend without accommodation- or am I just out of touch :confused: I appreciate that £60 is a lot of money, but as Sheena pointed out, as a Forum member, you get 10% off, so it's only £54.00, including lunch both days. Which means that each workshop / party is only just over £7.00!!!

Having said that, I wish it could be cheaper, but when you consider the size of the event, the quality of the guest teachers, a live band, an incredible venue which could easily accommodate 5/600 Cerocers and the fact that as venues get larger you need to hire larger, more specialized sound equipment, I think it is good value, and indeed there is a good chance that overall costs won't be covered...

I really want Scotland to have dance events that can rival with the rest of the UK, and stepping up a gear is the only way to do it.

Franck.

Rachel
23rd-July-2003, 03:09 PM
I appreciate that £60 is a lot of money, but as Sheena pointed out, as a Forum member, you get 10% off, so it's only £54.00, including lunch both days. Which means that each workshop / party is only just over £7.00!!! This is true - it's better than the going rate for any similar workshops/party nights.

Rachel
23rd-July-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
And, em, WE'LL be the judge of that!!:wink: well, ok, and I guess it's no secret, since the emails have gone out. It's just that his partner (or, rather, one of his competition dance partners - Laili) and my partner (in more than the dancing sense - Marc) have partnered up to enter the JiveMasters this weekend. It's a good match - they look great dancing together.

It's a tough competition, though - David F from the forum is also competing this weekend. And Alan Pratt. And Simon Rich who's a fantastic dancer. Could be another close one, but it will be great to watch!

But, sorry, I'm deviating now. (Hm, mean, nasty, and a deviant ...)
Rachel

23rd-July-2003, 04:55 PM
Having said that, I wish it could be cheaper, but when you consider the size of the event, the quality of the guest teachers, a live band, an incredible venue which could easily accommodate 5/600 Cerocers and the fact that as venues get larger you need to hire larger, more specialized sound equipment, I think it is good value, and indeed there is a good chance that overall costs won't be covered... Franck.

Golly- if you have 5-600 Cerocers there, I don't think you'll be out of pocket somehow! £36,000!!!

On a personal level I think it's worth it for me considering the quality of the event.

Franck
23rd-July-2003, 05:09 PM
Golly- if you have 5-600 Cerocers there, I don't think you'll be out of pocket somehow! £36,000!!!

On a personal level I think it's worth it for me considering the quality of the event. :D Only if 600 people did the full package, which is not possible as numbers for the workshops will be limited. As at the last Beach Ballroom week-end, I will endeavour to keep numbers balanced and make sure we have a stage so that our guest teachers can be seen...

The party itself will have a limit too, though, I don't expect to come close to it as even the busiest party we ever had (10th Anniversary) only gathered 350 dancers, I am not holding my breath.

Glad you'll be there, and looking forward to finding out who you are (maybe :D )

Franck.

Heather
23rd-July-2003, 08:50 PM
That's a bit steep Franck old fellow, is it not????!!!!! £60 for a weekend without accommodation- or am I just out of touch :confused:

Yes you are out of touch!!! There's a saying that you get what you pay for, and this will DEFINITELY be worth the money!!!
I'd gladly pay what Franck asks for this Fab weekend!! Adam Nathanson just has to be one of the most entertaining and brilliant Ceroc teachers in the country!! And as for David and Lily, they are terrific!!! Well worth the money I say.
Some people seem to think that you need to travel down south to get the best teachers, if you consider that you have to add air/rail fares, accomodation + meals in order to do this, I reckon that Franck has put together a Value for money package!!
Count me in Franck!! Here's me in Greece trying to dispel the myth that us Scots are stingy, tightfisted B*****ds !!!!
Looking forward to Perth,
Heather,
:kiss: :hug: (Still on the Rose Boutari Tour)

23rd-July-2003, 09:43 PM
The party itself will have a limit too, though, I don't expect to come close to it as even the busiest party we ever had (10th Anniversary) only gathered 350 dancers, I am not holding my breath.
We missed the Anniversary party- 350 people must be the biggest ever in Scotland. Heard it was a busy night- would have got lost under all those feet.

Glad you'll be there, and looking forward to finding out who you are (maybe :D )Franck.
A yes- I'll be wearing a rose.......

Chicklet
24th-July-2003, 08:22 AM
Anyone suggest a nice hostelry (pref within walking distance of the venue) for members indulging in the whole whack to rest their weary selves for ooohh an hour or two at 5 am no doubt, judging from previous experience (weeLOL) ????:D

Dreadful Scathe
24th-July-2003, 09:49 AM

A yes- I'll be wearing a rose.......

We can't hunt him with hounds in this country anymore, so someone point him out :)

Franck
24th-July-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Anyone suggest a nice hostelry (pref within walking distance of the venue) for members indulging in the whole whack to rest their weary selves for ooohh an hour or two at 5 am no doubt, judging from previous experience (weeLOL) ????:D No problem, I will be investigating in full this afternoon in Perth, so will report on nearby hotels. There are a couple of Travelodges etc in Perth, but they are not within walking distance. :nice:

Franck.

RoyBoy
24th-July-2003, 10:49 AM
Would it be too late to make a block booking to take advantage of 'economies of scale'. Im only a wee guy but Im sure there are a lot of bigger people that are traveling from far off places that would take advantage of a good deal.

And of course the more the merrier for the all night party aminals.
:cheers: :cheers: :drool:

Franck
24th-July-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by RoyBoy
Would it be too late to make a block booking to take advantage of 'economies of scale'. Im only a wee guy but Im sure there are a lot of bigger people that are traveling from far off places that would take advantage of a good deal. Yep, I'll be investigating that too and hopefully will get a good deal in a nearby hotel... I believe a lot of people from down South are coming up, making a holiday of it, combining it with the Edinburgh Festival! :D

It will be incredible!!! :waycool:

Franck.

Franck
24th-July-2003, 11:04 AM
I am now able to confirm the DJs for the Perth Big Party... 2 DJs will be sharing the decks on the night (with the Ceilidh band too of course):

Steve the Tramp and Dance Demon!

Both providing a mix of top tracks and bringing a distinctive style to the night... Make sure you bring spare shoes as the first pair might burn out :wink:

:waycool:

Franck.

michael
27th-July-2003, 10:42 PM
Is there a particular place were ceroc guys go for accomodation while staying the weekend? I mean hotel or B&B before anyone states the obvious? Oh and somewhere that wont mind you coming in at whatever hours of the early morning!

Maybe in future we could through this forum organise a special deal in a certain place for a bulk booking. Then we can all have a good bit of crack afterwords? That is provided there is no nightclubs with suitable music to dance to.

michael
27th-July-2003, 10:50 PM
:blush: Sorry i forgot there are other pages in the posts. Oh goody Franck is taking care of business on that score good.

Franck
29th-July-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by michael
Is there a particular place were ceroc guys go for accomodation while staying the weekend? I mean hotel or B&B before anyone states the obvious?hi Michael,

Welcome to the Forum and glad to hear you'll be at the Perth week-end.

I have researched accommodation, with a view to get a good deal at local hotels. Unfortunately, the main hotels (and closest) are all full... Apparently, they are used to offload demand from Edinburgh during the festival :really: and this is the busiest week-end for the Tattoo...

The best bet will be to book ASAP a room at the Travelodge (see www.travelodge.co.uk ) Rooms are £39.95 and you can share!

or the Holiday Inn Express:
200 Dunkeld Road, Inveralmond PERTH, PH1 3AQ

Freephone: 0800 40 50 60 Tel: 44-1738-636666

Anyone from Perth want to recommend anything else... please post here.. :D

Franck.

Franck
29th-July-2003, 12:58 PM
As announced in the Scottish Jivemasters thread, the Big Ceroc Ceilidh will also include a heat of the Jivemasters competition, an invitation only friendly competition, where the audience vote the top couples (see www.cerocmetro.com for more info).
Couples competing will be announced shortly :D

Franck.

Loopy Linz
29th-July-2003, 11:32 PM
Ooh! My first post on the forum!! What excitement!
Anyway, as far as accomodation in Perth is concerned can I recommend a visit to www.visitscotland.co.uk which lists a lot of places to stay with varying budgets - I found a B&B for £18. Not bad really and I'm sure I'll dance off the sausages, bacon, fried bread mmmmmm....:yum:
Looking forward to the dancing!!:grin:

Petal
30th-July-2003, 01:31 PM
If you are having probs with accommodation for Perth Weekend, the local tourist board are very helpful Tel: 01738 627958.

Gus
3rd-August-2003, 11:09 AM
Request for suggestions. I'm taking a (rare) summer holiday in Scotland from the 11th, mainly to go touring Glasgow/Edinburgh with better half ... doing the Renee McIntosh and Fringe things (typical tourist I know). I'm only allowed to go dancing for one night so looks like we'll be spending the weekend in Perth:grin: . Besides the awesome dancing that awaits ... what is there to see and do in Perth during the day (not allowed to do the workshops:()?

Oh ... with any luck Helen, my dance partner will also be up, looking to catch up with all the guys she didnt get chance to dance with last time round,

Tiggerbabe
3rd-August-2003, 10:37 PM
Hi guys - was at a workshop with Franck today in the Bell's Sports Centre (small hall upstairs) but managed to get a sneaky look into the main area where the party will be held...............

HUGE! I mean HUGE! It's fabulous and the domed roof gives it such a terrific atmsophere. On the main dance floor there are 15 badminton courts at the moment - just to give you all an idea of how big this place is :D :D There's plenty of parking right outside too for those who need to drive. :waycool:

Only 2 weeks left to get your tickets or book on the workshops :yum:

P.S. - just before H tells you Gus it's Rennie :wink:

Graham
3rd-August-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
P.S. - just before H tells you Gus it's Rennie :wink: Are you sure, Sheen? I assumed he was talking about Renee McIntosh, exciting new stand-up comedienne with a one-woman show at the Fringe. :wink:

Tiggerbabe
3rd-August-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Are you sure, Sheen? I assumed he was talking about Renee McIntosh, exciting new stand-up comedienne with a one-woman show at the Fringe. :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Aha! I'd forgotten about her - silly me :wink:

Rachel
7th-August-2003, 12:08 PM
It's confirmed! Marc and I are coming up to Perth for the big weekend - we're booked for ALL the workshops and party, and I'm already counting down the days.

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again, and collecting on some of those dance promises (including you, Tramp! And Franck, and Graham, and DS, and Gadget, and .....).

Oh, and speaking of wonderful people to dance with - at the weekend, I had my first ever dance with Adam, who's doing the Sunday workshops. It is something extraordinary, as many of you probably already know from his last Scotland trip!!

We danced to one of those absolutely awful, uninspiring songs (ok, just my opinion!) - it was 'Reach for the skies' or something like that. And Adam still managed to turn it into a sexy, smoulering dance that I didn't want to end - incredible! Any girls who are at Perth - you must grab him for a dance. Just leave him free for one dance with me .... please?!
Rachel

Tiggerbabe
7th-August-2003, 12:27 PM
It's confirmed! Marc and I are coming up to Perth for the big weekend
Brilliant!!!!!! :D

Oh, and speaking of wonderful people to dance with - at the weekend, I had my first ever dance with Adam, who's doing the Sunday workshops. It is something extraordinary, as many of you probably already know from his last Scotland trip!!
*Sigh* :drool:

Any girls who are at Perth - you must grab him for a dance. Just leave him free for one dance with me .... please?!
Rachel
And me Rachel, I think Adam's going to be very busy but when you're dancing with Adam - could I maybe get a dance with Marc ? :yum:

Chicklet
7th-August-2003, 12:33 PM
and can you please have lovely big flashing name badges, actually, scrub that I'm sure you'll be easy to spot by the "queuing"!!:D Oh and Rachel will be the one under Graham's er wing so she doesn't get wounded and manhandled etc etc...:waycool:

Rachel
7th-August-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
... when you're dancing with Adam - could I maybe get a dance with Marc ? :yum: Definitely!!
R.

Rachel
7th-August-2003, 12:41 PM
and can you please have lovely big flashing name badges, actually, scrub that I'm sure you'll be easy to spot by the "queuing"!!:D Oh and Rachel will be the one under Graham's er wing so she doesn't get wounded and manhandled etc etc...:waycool: Chicklet, if you're a tenth as vivacious and funny in real life as you are on the forum (which I've no doubt you are) then I can't wait to meet you!

Chicklet
7th-August-2003, 12:47 PM
thank you for the kind word but I'm actually quite shy and calm in real life ..... just terribly easily led.........:devil:

Franck
8th-August-2003, 05:04 PM
Just an update to mention that all the workshops are now 2/3rds full... Numbers are fairly balanced so far, so both men and women are still able to book, though, places are disappearing fast (took another 10 bookings today alone)...

If you're still hesitating, don't!!! :wink:

This is definitely a very rare and incredible opportunity, to have David, Lily and Adam teaching in Scotland, and sharing their expertise... This is likely to be the week-end that could change your dancing forever, and who wants to live with regrets :D

email / phone, PM... to reserve your place! Forum members can do the full package for £54.00 (including lunch), and the Silver package (2 workshops + party) for £27.00

Cheers,

Franck.

DavidB
12th-August-2003, 03:49 PM
This is a very brief overview on what we will be teaching, and what sort of level they are aimed at.

Lead & Follow
This will be split into two parts. The first will cover all of the main techniques for leading & following
The second part will concentrate more on fine-tuning, with ways to avoid common pitfalls, and simple exercises to help you improve.
This workshop is aimed at intermediate dancers and above. The only moves that I will expect people to be able to do are a First Move, a Yoyo, and a Basket

Interesting Spins
This will be more like a traditional class teaching moves. We will be teaching up to 7 moves - 5 for the ladies, and two for the men. However it is just after lunch, and we have no intention of making everyone sick by spinning too much. So we are arranging them into 2 or 3 mini-routines.
We will cover some pure spinning technique, but we will probably concentrate more on the connection during the spin.
Again this is aimed at intermediate dancers and above. There will obviously be a fair amount of spinning/turning involved, especially for the ladies. However most of these are continuous single time spins (ie 1 turn per Ceroc count), not multiple fast spins (2 or more turns per count).

Musical Interpretation
This will be split into two parts. The first part will be about dancing to the rhythm of the music. This will start from absolute basics of counting music, through breaks, going right up to bridges, syncopated rhythms and dancing to the amplitude of the music.
The second part will cover dancing to everything else in the music, including particular instruments, the vocals, the mood and the style. I'll also cover other ideas, such as mapping a song, light and shade, and the art of doing nothing.
This is again aimed at intermediates. However you should be comfortable being able to lead simple beginner moves on automatic, as you will be thinking of lots of other things.

Hopefully I should have printed notes to hand out for the Lead & Follow and the Musical Interpretation workshops.

Will
12th-August-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
This is a very brief overview on what we will be teaching, and what sort of level they are aimed at.

Leave & Follow
Rio Ferdinand Leaves & the Rest of the team follow

Interesting Spins
Alan Smith / Lee Bowyer / Jonathan Woodgate teach you various techniques on how to maime and injure your partner with some viscous looking spins.

Musical Interpretation
Leeds Utd demonstrate musical interperatation as they do a Team Cabaret performance to the tune of "You'll never walk again"

Chicklet
12th-August-2003, 04:27 PM
Alan Smith / Lee Bowyer / Jonathan Woodgate

:confused: :confused: were they at Blackpool??or Hammersmith??
what were they wearing - trying soooooo hard to picture them??

12th-August-2003, 04:38 PM
Anyone have an outline of the Sunday classes and their content?

Franck
12th-August-2003, 05:04 PM
Anyone have an outline of the Sunday classes and their content? Hiya Basil,

I would have asked Adam to provide a short summary, but unfortunately, I believe he is touring Scotland at the moment!

The first workshop: Cabaret Flash and Style, will involve learning a set cabaret routine to a track, including as many elements of style in the process and focusing on the Musical interpretation necessary to impress!

The second workshop: Closer still, as the name implies will introduce new Blues / Sexy moves that are even closer than the last workshop taught in Aberdeen :wink:

Both workshops taught in Adam's inimitable style.

I hope this helps,

Franck.

Lou
12th-August-2003, 05:34 PM
Alan Smith / Lee Bowyer / Jonathan Woodgate
what were they wearing - trying soooooo hard to picture them?? AS - all in white. JW - Black & White stripey top. LB - dark red (sort of Claret coloured) top with light blue bits. Does this help? :wink:

Chicklet
12th-August-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Lou
AS - all in white. JW - Black & White stripey top. LB - dark red (sort of Claret coloured) top with light blue bits. Does this help? :wink:

:rofl: not even in the slightest, but the effort is much appreciated Lou!!!
Cx

Gadget
12th-August-2003, 05:46 PM
The second workshop: Closer still, as the name implies will introduce new Blues / Sexy moves that are even closer than the last workshop taught in Aberdeen :wink:
How?! :what:
With the risk of being moved upstairs, there is not much closer other than skin to skin... and while it may lead to &lthem&gt interesting moves, I don't think it would be quite appropriate for an audience. {...well depending on your exabitionist streak of course...}

DavidB
12th-August-2003, 06:12 PM
A depressed City fan decides to top himself. In his living room, alone, he prepares to hang himself. At the very last moment, he decides upon wearing his full City kit as his last statement. A neighbour, catching sight of the impending incident, informs the police. On arrival, the police quickly remove the kit and dress the man in stockings and suspenders. The man, totally confused asks why? The policeman simply replies, "it's to avoid embarrassing your family."

There’s these two blokes go out fishing every week. Every Saturday, they just get in a little rowing boat and row out to the middle of a huge lake where they spend the day just idly fishing in almost total silence. They don’t even speak to each other much. One day, late in the afternoon, one guy turns to the other and remarks conversationally “I see City lost again.”
The other guy looks around in puzzlement wondering where he got his information from. “We’re out in the middle of a lake with nobody else around for miles, you haven’t got a radio or a mobile phone, so how do you know for sure city lost?” he asks.
The first bloke shrugs and says; “Easy. It’s quarter to five isn’t it?”

Q: What has ten arms and a IQ of four?
A: The Man City subs' bench.

Apparently, Kevin Keegan offered to send the Man City squad on an expenses paid holiday to Florida but they said they'd rather go to Blackpool so they could see what it's like to ride on an open-top bus.

A burglary was recently committed at Maine Road and the entire contents of the trophy room were stolen. The police are looking for a man with a sky blue carpet.

The Fire brigade phones Kevin Keegan in the early hours of Sunday morning... "Mr Keegan sir, Maine Road is on fire!" "The cups man! Save the cups!" cries Kevin. "Uh, the fire hasn't spread to the canteen yet, sir."

Kevin Keegan was caught speeding on his way to the Maine Road today. when questioned he said, "I'll do anything for 3 points".

Franck
13th-August-2003, 01:06 PM
Ok... :D

only 3 days to the Big Week-end, and for all of you going to the workshops or the party, here is a map showing the location of the Bells Arena.

The arena is huge, so plenty of room for more, and offers ample car parking, overlooking a park :waycool:

If you want a different scale, you can visit the multimap website (http://www.multimap.co.uk) and enter the postcode for Bells: PH1 5HS

In any events, I will try to attach the map to this post!

Franck.

Gadget
13th-August-2003, 01:20 PM
there should be a red circle in the middle of "Hay Street" (middle, towards the top of the map) - Multi-map uses a seperate layer for this, so it dosn't save with the map image

Franck
15th-August-2003, 01:53 PM
Ok... :D

D-day minus 1...

Everything is in place, and to answer the most common question I get on the phone / email at the moment:

YES... you can buy your tickets at the door, and YES, there will be room for all of us... :D

So don't hesitate, everyone else will be there, and all the Jivemasters competing, will need your support (vote) :wink:

With dancers from all 5 Scottish Ceroc cities: Bill, Lorna from Aberdeen; Sheena, Melanie and James from Dundee, Fran from Edinburgh, Brady from Glasgow and myself representing Perth :waycool:

Make sure you turn up early to cheer your top couples and remember, YOU, the spectators get to judge and assess the performances, and every vote will count... so it's not too late to bring bus loads of friends :D :D

Franck.

DavidY
17th-August-2003, 09:38 AM
The forum has gone very quiet this weekend - can only assume you're all having a wonderful time at Perth. (Absolutely gutted I can't be there too :tears: :tears: )

skippy
1st-August-2004, 09:30 PM
HI Franck, I'm a little confused with all the events that are on at present. have I got this right:
16/17th Aug £60 in Perth.
so what's the one in September? Someone said last night it was also in Perth but £33?
What's the difference? how and where do we get tickets?
It all sounds very exciting.
Skippy :confused:

Tiggerbabe
1st-August-2004, 09:46 PM
HI Franck, I'm a little confused with all the events that are on at present. have I got this right:

'Fraid you had to be there Skippy - 16/17th August 2003 :whistle: :whistle:

DavidY
1st-August-2004, 09:47 PM
so what's the one in September? Someone said last night it was also in Perth but £33?
What's the difference? how and where do we get tickets?
It all sounds very exciting.
Skippy :confused:Skippy, I'm afraid you've missed your chance to go to the event mentioned in this thread as it was last year (check the date shown above :blush: )

There is an event in Perth in September - and you're right it should be very exciting :wink:

Franck's put info on the Ceroc Scotland BFG page here. (http://cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm)

Threads about it are:
Are you going to the BFG? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3230) (which I think has most recent info) and
The Big Forum Gathering (B.F.G.) (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1809)

Hope you can make it. :cheers:

DavidY
1st-August-2004, 09:48 PM
I see quick-typing Sheena beat me to it... :blush:

Tiggerbabe
1st-August-2004, 09:53 PM
I see quick-typing Sheena beat me to it... :blush:
yeah, but she didn't provide as much alternative information - thanks David - see you in Musselburgh :kiss: :hug:

skippy
1st-August-2004, 11:20 PM
god I must have been asleep earlier should have looked at the date. I was there for the evening and it was great fun. can you tell me more about prices etc.

DavidY
2nd-August-2004, 07:43 AM
can you tell me more about prices etc.Hi skippy,

You can find out about prices etc. by clicking on the underlined links from my post above, which I've repeated again here:
Franck's put info on the Ceroc Scotland BFG page here. (http://cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm)

Threads about it are:
Are you going to the BFG? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3230) (which I think has most recent info) and
The Big Forum Gathering (B.F.G.) (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1809)The first link is probably the best for the info you're after...

skippy
2nd-August-2004, 07:59 AM
many thanks for that, hope to make it . are you going? maybe well could get a dance?
Skippy