PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Chef Translation?

DavidY
1st-April-2007, 01:52 PM
I assume the whole Swedish Chef translation thing (Bork Bork!) which seems to be going on in the forum at the moment is some sort of April Fool rather than some elaborate virus/malware which is attacking my PC?

Tiggerbabe
1st-April-2007, 01:56 PM
Seeing as it's passed midday, I think I can say.........:wink: :clap:

TA Guy
1st-April-2007, 02:19 PM
Is that what it is?
Oh well, children need their toys :)

Lynn
1st-April-2007, 02:20 PM
I assume the whole Swedish Chef translation thing (Bork Bork!) which seems to be going on in the forum at the moment is some sort of April Fool rather than some elaborate virus/malware which is attacking my PC?So it is going to change back? I've just looked at a few more serious threads to find unreadable posts. Getting a bit pointless trying to read threads just now.

Then again maybe the whole forum should just be like that - makes as much sense as some of the posts. (Mine included.)

DavidY
1st-April-2007, 02:48 PM
Apparently you can get an "Encheferizer" add-in to vBulletin (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134327), which only converts the posts of specified users... :devil:

Assuming this is what was used, I'm intrigued to know which users were selected... :whistle:

Oh and apparently you can't tell if your own posts have been affected. :eek:

Franck
1st-April-2007, 05:52 PM
So it is going to change back? I've just looked at a few more serious threads to find unreadable posts. Getting a bit pointless trying to read threads just now.Yes Lynn, just a bit of fun for April 1st. I have now turned off the 'feature' so all posts are back to normal levels of gibberish :wink:

Lynn
1st-April-2007, 06:02 PM
Apparently you can get an "Encheferizer" add-in to vBulletin (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134327), which only converts the posts of specified users... :devil:

Assuming this is what was used, I'm intrigued to know which users were selected... :whistle:

Oh and apparently you can't tell if your own posts have been affected. :eek:I wondered why it only seemed to be certain people's posts and certain threads!

As long as the posts are now back to normal*, that's fine.

*Normal being a relative term round here...

Jhutch
1st-April-2007, 09:51 PM
Lol!:rofl:

Was on nights last night and the only threads i looked at were some ancient ones. I was going to ask why some people back then wrote them all in a funny way. I thought that it must be some obscure Aberdonian dialect that had got on an online translation type thing and that some people had then decided to use it on all their posts for a year or so:eek:

DavidY
1st-April-2007, 11:02 PM
Yes Lynn, just a bit of fun for April 1st. I have now turned off the 'feature' so all posts are back to normal levels of gibberish :wink:I did wonder if it was a potential new variant of the "Ignore List".

Instead of putting someone on your ignore list, put them on your "Cheferise" list - you can see they've posted, but because it's written in "Swedish Chef", it just looks like gibberish and doesn't offend or disturb you. :wink: :devil: