PDA

View Full Version : Changing style of Ceroc?

Gadget
20th-July-2003, 02:24 PM
I know that Ceroc evolves as moves get added and others go in & out of favour, but it seems to me that the progress just now is more in the direction of an "Up Close & Personal", "Blues" style.

Is this true? or...
Is this because I am beginning to dance more UCP?
Is it that I have just started noticing the moves more?
Is there a change in music taking the dance with it?
Is it that more workshops and events feature UCP moves?

:confused:

DavidB
20th-July-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
but it seems to me that the progress just now is more in the direction of an "Up Close & Personal", "Blues" style. Is this true? I think the only thing that is changing is the music is slowing down, so you can do UCP moves if you want to. But you don't have to lead them if you don't want to do them. Personally I just feel a bit silly doing them, whereas some people like Bill make them look really good.

Chicklet
21st-July-2003, 08:14 AM
Is this because I am beginning to dance more UCP?

Do you pose the questions because you like the fact that you are doing it more or because you feel (probably too strong a word but)"pressured" into it??

And afterwards has it felt like the right thing to have done or have you felt like you maybe shouldn't?

Just interested:)

good thread.

Anyone out there who wants to but just can't seem to get started?
If so, can you put your finger on what's stopping you or holding you back??

C:D

Gadget
21st-July-2003, 08:41 AM
I am assuming we are still talking about dancing here...:innocent: {you never know with chickie :sorry}

Originally posted by Chicklet
Do you pose the questions because you like the fact that you are doing it more or because you feel (probably too strong a word but)"pressured" into it??
I don't think so - perhaps it's just that I'm getting lazier: it's less effort to be 'slinky' than 'bouncy'.

And afterwards has it felt like the right thing to have done or have you felt like you maybe shouldn't?
Maybe I have been dancing with the same people for long enough that they trust me a bit more than they used to {:devil:} but the only moves that I feel I shouldn't have done are the occasional out of time seducer or screwed up experiment.

You're still talking about dancing, yes? :innocent:
Does this mean that you prefer to dance UCP? Perhaps that's another option (that I just got from your first question - Doh) :
...Ladies perfer UCP moves and so men feel they have to lead them?

Chicklet
21st-July-2003, 09:17 AM
Absolutely, completely talking about dancing - we are in the serious thread after all :D

Yes I like it, but only with certain people (remember the long discussions on sleaze). And now that I'm used to it and am getting a bit better at reading and following it it just gets better and better and as is suggested above, the catalyst is in getting the right music (and the right partner of course).

- there are people I would pull away from or keep a fair distance but there are also one or two that (IMHO) could do it and don't and (I've never asked) I would be interested to hear why some people don't.

Of course it's different strokes (no pun intended there) for different folks and that's good, variety is the spice etc

DavidB gave a very honest answer that he feels silly doing it - which is perfectly understandable, there are plenty that it just wouldn't suit but I think what I'm trying to get at is....

... in the spirit of your original question are there any out there who see the development in the music you speak of and are thinking of or hoping to be adding some UCP moves into their repertoir in the coming months and perhaps wondering how to go about it and what the reaction is likely to be etc?

Just really quite interested in people's thoughts.

C:D

Sheepman
21st-July-2003, 11:42 AM
I think it might be partly due to changes in the style and speed of music, though only in certain venues, but which came first, the changing music, or the change in dance style? Blues dancing has been taught for many years now, so it is inevitable that it would filter into jive, as it is pretty interchangeable.

First quoted by Gadget
...Ladies perfer UCP moves and so men feel they have to lead them?
I've certainly never seen it this way! Which is where the sleaze topic comes in, I'm much more comfortable UCP with people I know, who won't get the wrong idea, the same stuff is done with just a little (more?) space with unfamiliar partners, or ladies that are more hesitant. For me it is something that the music would dictate, unless I'm flagging and need a rest!
There is the perennial question of gauging how far to go, you are both supposed to be enjoying it after all. I once had a good friend apologise after 5 or 6 excellent dances to slow numbers, all very intense, she said she had gone too far, but I couldn't see how!

Of course this could be an age thing - as I get older, I just need to hang onto the woman to prop me up! :)

Greg

CJ
21st-July-2003, 12:01 PM
Speaking as a DJ, the music I would play for an advanced group of dancers would be VERY different to that which I would play for a group of beginners. As discussed @ various points in countless other threads, more experiance dancers, as a rule, tend to prefer music with which they can play and experiment. This would include some slower, steamier tracks.

The dancing standard in Scotland seems to have jumped in the last 2/3 years or so. This has been for many reasons: trips to comps, guest teachers, etc... This has allowed DJ's to mix it up more which has allowed dancer to experiment more, which has led to dancers improving which has led to DJ's being able to mix it up more..... mmm, getting lost here.

With the prominence of "R&B" (for argument's sake!!:rolleyes: ) over chart music, a lot of modern music used for Ceroc has become slower.

I have always seen Ceroc as a gateway to other dance forms: take the average idiot with 2 left feet, throw in easy moves with no footwork, a great vibe and some fun and here we go...... As dancers improve, they tend to look to other styles to add on and merge with what they already know. Some go lindy, others tango or salsa: a lot @ the moment are going down the blues route.

I imagine that choice of guest teachers/workshops etc are influencing this. Also, let's be honest: one could see Bill dancing and think that looks like fun, I'll need to try it. Not for me, but then I'm no dancer... It strikes me as a horses for courses thing.

I remember a phase when I was asked for loads of salsa, then it was swing, now folk are asking for expressive tunes... so what'll be next... R'n'R?? LOL.

Graham
21st-July-2003, 01:08 PM
If so, can you put your finger on what's stopping you or holding you back?? I'm really quite interested in doing more of this, and the only thing that's holding me back is that I just don't know enough of it, and haven't had enough practice. I'm hoping to change all that with some workshops soon (I was GUTTED I couldn't come up to Aberdeen last month!!).

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
23rd-July-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
I have always seen Ceroc as a gateway to other dance forms: take the average idiot with 2 left feet, throw in easy moves with no footwork, a great vibe and some fun and here we go......
God that hurt :tears:

Originally posted by the Chicklet woman
The wife :tears: :tears:

cerocmetro
23rd-July-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi All

Seeing as I teach UCP moves, thought I should throw my thoughts in.

Has Ceroc changed? In essence, no. It is still what it always was, fun, easy to learn, at a beginners level, and danced to a wide range of music.

As Ceroc has grown it is inevitable that with a large number of teachers, individual styles have come into it. I used to have a completly different style. then I met Mandy, fell in love etc etc etc, and liked to dance slowly. :sorry

My students liked what they saw and asked me to teach that way of dancing. therefore the style has been student led.

Interestingly enough, I used to dance many years ago in central london on a very slippery floor. I used to wear silly B&W shoes. they were ultra fast and I had to slide my feet around scared that if I picked them up I would fall over. that changed my style again and again many people have copied

Even more wierd is that as a kid I broke my arm and it is bent. Believe it or not I am asked by men to show them how to shape a move so it looks the same as I do it. I offer to break their arm but so far no takers.

What does all this mean, Ceroc will change develop mainly due to its size and lack of restraints (thank goodness) in its setup.

The problem we have with Ceroc is its own success. It is impossible to teach a class of 150 people how to dance the same way. Half of them cannot see the teacher. What we can do is teach some basics, a few tips on style and technique, entertain the class, but most of the teaching is done in workshops.

From what I have seen the really good dancers were either doing some other form of dancing before Ceroc, or have attended workshops and probably were complete addicts and danced 7 nights a week like I did for two years.

I too believe that Ceroc is a back door into the dance world. I personally have not strayed. I have done a bit of other styles but have always come back to Ceroc. It makes me good enough to enjoy dancing without taking it too seriously. I think that is the big difference between Ceroc and most other forms of dancing and I hope that remains ie, it is a fun social form of dancing and should be taken for what it is.

So to come back to the original point, is it changing? I still say no, it is doing what it has always done. Ceroc however has always tried to dance to modern music as well as everything else. Music changes/develops, so what we do has to develop with it. Change is therefore the wrong word. Is Ceroc developing? YES

Adam

Grant
23rd-July-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by cerocmetro

Even more wierd is that as a kid I broke my arm and it is bent. Believe it or not I am asked by men to show them how to shape a move so it looks the same as I do it. I offer to break their arm but so far no takers.
Adam
:rofl:
They all want to be individuals just like you.:D
Interesting thoughts on the subject of Ceroc developing. I enjoyed your workshops in Aberdeen recently and am looking forward to those in Perth.
Hopefully broken arms will be optional rather than compulsory. :wink:
:cheers:
Grant

Sandy
23rd-July-2003, 10:09 AM
Hi All

Seeing as I teach UCP moves, thought I should throw my thoughts in.

Adam

And your moves are amazing Adam! I was at the last workshop in Aberdeen on UCP and it was fab and am so sorry to miss out on the next one at Perth.

I agree that the workshops make a huge difference and would encourage everyone to go to as many as they can. There are a lot less people but as well as that there are usually people from different areas and that is a good way of seeing different styles etc.

I feel that there have been more UCP moves taught recently but then that is probably because I have been on workshops and am much more aware of the moves now and have to say really, really enjoy dancing them! but as Chicklet says, it depends on a few things, the right music and who you dance them with!:wink:

I don't do any other kind of dancing and never have (highland at school only!!! nightmare!) and I am totally addicted!

"To expect improvement without change is insanity" - I guess Ceroc will continually improve with new input etc.

Sandy:cheers:

Gadget
23rd-July-2003, 12:05 PM
Has Ceroc changed? In essence, no. It is still what it always was, fun, easy to learn, at a beginners level, and danced to a wide range of music.
&ltsnip&gt
So to come back to the original point, is it changing? I still say no, it is doing what it has always done. Ceroc however has always tried to dance to modern music as well as everything else. Music changes/develops, so what we do has to develop with it. Change is therefore the wrong word. Is Ceroc developing? YES
So you agree that the progress of the current evolution stage of Ceroc is towards UCP moves then. {yes?}
If slower music is driving this change, then it's only because the DJ's are playing it. And if DJ's are playing it, then it's only because folks are requesting it. And if folks are requesting it, then they must want to dance to it. So we come back to the reason why more moves seen on the dance floor are UCP is because people want to dance them. :waycool:

The next question is: Is this just a phase? Or are we actually progressing to a new facet of Ceroc?

From what I have seen the really good dancers were either doing some other form of dancing before Ceroc, or have attended workshops and probably were complete addicts and danced 7 nights a week like I did for two years.
:what: please tell me you don't need to have done another form of dance, or dance every night to progress to the "really good" stage... I don't have that sort of time!! :tears:

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 12:18 PM

The next question is: Is this just a phase? Or are we actually progressing to a new facet of Ceroc?

:what: please tell me you don't need to have done another form of dance, or dance every night to progress to the "really good" stage... I don't have that sort of time!! :tears:

It's ok, Gadget... some people are just naturals. But, no, you're right... you ARE stuffed!!:D

In seriousness?? Yeah, I see it as a phase... music will change, fashion will change, styles will change, there will be a new influx of cerocers bringing with them something different.

All the "old" styles will still be there, but something new will be prominent: my own thought is a street dancing, rap, r&b type of thing which I know has been discussed in other threads.

cerocmetro
23rd-July-2003, 12:39 PM
can someone tell me how I do that thing where I can quote an earlier comment please.

I don't think we will have a hip-hop phase. ceroc is achievable by most people, for hip-hop you need to be more flexible and fitter. not the average cerocer.

I do not believe there is a trend towards UCP. A small group enjoy that style and attend the workshops.

As many attend lifts and drops workshops and request throwing and dropping sort of music. I know from Franck that he discourages these workshops and personally although I teach them, do not blame him.

We have requests for RnR, swing fast slow, all sorts. Maybe the people on the forum are the UCP crowd??? Maybe thats why you are all such nice friendly people.

Adam

Gadget
23rd-July-2003, 01:08 PM
can someone tell me how I do that thing where I can quote an earlier comment please.
To simply quote the post in a reply, just hit the (quote) button at the bottom of the post, then snip out the bits you don't want.

If you want to break a post to reply to bit A, then bit B; you need to reverse the quote tags around your reply i.e.
[ quote ][ b ]bla bla bla {obviously one of my posts ;)} [ /b ][ /quote ]&lt- insert
insert -&gt[ quote ][ b ]bla bla bla[ /b ][ /quote ]

To quote multiple people I just scroll down the reply page untill I read the bit I want,
then cut & paste {ctrl+x, ctrl+v} it,
then type [ quote ][ b ] at the start and [ /b ][ /quote ] at the end of the block
then credit it with the right person.

hope this helps.:nice:

Gadget
23rd-July-2003, 01:20 PM
It's ok, Gadget... some people are just naturals. But, no, you're right... you ARE stuffed!!:D
gee thanks :sad: :tears: &ltsniff&gt{:D}

my own thought is a street dancing, rap, r&b type of thing which I know has been discussed in other threads.
Gus did a workshop on this style of dancing - while I can see a few of the moves being absorbed into the collective, I think that the 'attitude' that makes that style of dance is too extreme for mainstream Ceroc:
Can you see lady's reacting well to the "yos ma bitch - git yo fine ass over so we can grind." attitude?:what:

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 01:24 PM
Can you see lady's reacting well to the "yos ma bitch - git yo fine ass over so we can grind." attitude?:what:

Naming no names, but I can think of AT LEAST one.:wink:

In answer to your point: lindy based swing kick type moves haven't; latino, mambo type moves haven't; UCP moves haven't; so why would moves coming from the next "thang" do anything more than just be absorbed into the collective?

There hasn't been a huge shift: it's just the next thing in which some people have expressed an interest.

Grant
23rd-July-2003, 01:31 PM
Naming no names, but I can think of AT LEAST one.:wink:

this wouldn't be the one who flashed you last week would it? :wink:

Grant

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Grant
this wouldn't be the one who flashed you last week would it? :wink:

Grant

It might well be one of them.......:cheers:

Franck
23rd-July-2003, 02:20 PM
I don't think we will have a hip-hop phase. ceroc is achievable by most people, for hip-hop you need to be more flexible and fitter. not the average cerocer.

I do not believe there is a trend towards UCP. A small group enjoy that style and attend the workshops.

As many attend lifts and drops workshops and request throwing and dropping sort of music. I know from Franck that he discourages these workshops and personally although I teach them, do not blame him. I agree, there isn't any trend / change towards more UCP moves / dancing. I have been teaching the Comb for the last 10 years, so I have always liked dancing close :wink:
What happens at any Ceroc night, is that individual teachers discover a style that suits them, and that influences their choice of moves for the Intermediate class, or the style / technique points they add to their moves. We have been through several 'trends' recently, Latin, R&R Jive, Ballet, Hip Hop and now Blues! As CJ says, no doubt there will be a new fashion in the next few months.
The choice of music played by DJs is not only (or even mostly) affected by requests, but also by the style of music available, popular in the charts etc... DJs do (and should) move with the times.
The same can be applied to fashion on the dance floor!
As for aerial moves, I made a conscious decision not to run any workshops that teach them because I know from experience that moves, once taught at a workshop (even with safety) will propagate in an unsafe / dangerous way very quickly, taught at the back of Ceroc venues by people who should know better :sad:
If any change were to take place, I would rather it were for more musical interpretation, leading / following skills etc... This is why DavidB & Lily and Adam are providing excellent workshops on those topics. Once you can lead and interpret the music, you can dance to any style and look fantastic, without aerials, or getting overly close.

Franck.

Grant
23rd-July-2003, 04:39 PM
It might well be one of them.......:cheers:
ahhh, the rockstar / dj lifestyle :waycool:

Grant

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 04:40 PM
ahhh, the rockstar / dj lifestyle :waycool:

It's a dirty job!! But, hey......:D :wink:

Grant
24th-July-2003, 10:34 AM
It's a dirty job!! But, hey......:D :wink:
do you need an apprentice?:D

Grant

CJ
28th-July-2003, 09:42 AM
.... looking for a padowan.:wink:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-July-2003, 10:10 AM
.... looking for a padowan.:wink:

does he have to provide his own robes, dodgy beard and plummy accent ?

Brady
28th-July-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't think we will have a hip-hop phase.

Sorry Adam, but would have to disagree with this from what I've seen recently. I'm also one that is quite keen on the hip hop style, so perhaps I've managed to find the select few incorporating it, but there are the likes of Dan "The Man" and Sue Freeman teaching this, as well as Gary & Sara who incorporate it into both Jive and Lindy. In addition to them, the next generation (Sean & Taz, Adam & Hannah, etc.) seem to be adopting a hip hop style to their dancing. It's also going through other dance styles at the moment (i.e. Lindy, West Coast), so quite possible that Ceroc could be/is next.

Brady

Chicklet
28th-July-2003, 12:51 PM
please may those of us who don't possess glow in the dark white PANTS be excused this development??:D :devil:

CJ
28th-July-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
does he have to provide his own robes, dodgy beard and plummy accent ?

It's kind of you to ask on his behalf, but I don't think toasty birthday boy is interested in the post:wink:

Graham
28th-July-2003, 01:07 PM
please may those of us who don't possess glow in the dark white PANTS be excused this development??:D :devil: Why doesn't it surprise us that you don't posess pants? :devil:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-July-2003, 01:09 PM
It's kind of you to ask on his behalf, but I don't think toasty birthday boy is interested in the post:wink:

course he is, hes already started growing the beard hasnt he ?

sheesh pay attention :)

/waves hand at cj/ that isnt the dance track you're looking for

CJ
28th-July-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Why doesn't it surprise us that you don't posess pants? :devil:

Might it be because most of the develpoments in which Chickie expresses interest are ones with huge erections in the middle of them?!? In earlier threads we learnt that she does admire a good column, but it's only recently she was discussing this architectural interest again so enthusiastically...

Can't remember the name of the new shopping development in Glasgow, which will have that big statue in place.....

Graham
28th-July-2003, 01:12 PM
course he is, hes already started growing the beard hasnt he ?
No, he's already mentioned in his birthday thread that his face once more resembles a baby's bottom.
sheesh pay attention :wink:

CJ
28th-July-2003, 01:13 PM
/waves hand at cj/ that isnt the dance track you're looking for

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

best answer in WEEKS.........

Dreadful Scathe
28th-July-2003, 01:18 PM
No, he's already mentioned in his birthday thread that his face once more resembles a baby's bottom.
sheesh pay attention :wink:

details.....details.....he obviously lost the beard in a bet or something. Without beard look as good you will not, hmm !

Graham
28th-July-2003, 01:20 PM
details.....details.....he obviously lost the beard in a bet or something. Without beard look as good you will not, hmm ! him with one you seen have not, hmm?

CJ
28th-July-2003, 01:33 PM
details.....details.....he obviously lost the beard in a bet or something.

He said he shaved it, and would tell reason later... I think it was a bit on the dark side.

Chicklet
28th-July-2003, 01:36 PM
He said he shaved it, and would tell reason later... I think it was a bit on the dark side.
:confused: which side is his dark side??

Dreadful Scathe
28th-July-2003, 01:45 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

Grant
28th-July-2003, 02:27 PM
He said he shaved it, and would tell reason later
when he changed his avatar to a toaster he promised to explain the reason later.
i'm still waiting to see that so i won't hold my breath waiting for this one :D

Grant

Graham
28th-July-2003, 03:42 PM
when he changed his avatar to a toaster he promised to explain the reason later.
i'm still waiting to see that so i won't hold my breath waiting for this one :D

Grant If you ask me nicely I'll explain it. :grin:

Grant
29th-July-2003, 03:06 PM
If you ask me nicely I'll explain it. :grin:
a generous offer but i'm not that keen on you whispering in my ear :D
and anyway, toaster boy explained it to me last night :wink:

Grant

Aleks
29th-July-2003, 03:14 PM

You COULD whisper it to me..........

xSalsa_Angelx
29th-July-2003, 04:13 PM

Is he a friend of Jon Tickle's ??? :rofl: :D

Franck
29th-July-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Is he a friend of Jon Tickle's ??? :rofl: :D :rofl: Excellent!!!

and you're right, they might indeed be related! :wink:

Franck.

Stuart M
30th-July-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Is he a friend of Jon Tickle's ??? :rofl: :D
Oi! The rest of the insults on this hijacked thread I can take (particularly since they gave rise to a mental image of Graham as Yoda :rofl: ) but I know just enough about BB to red card that one :na:

In honour of Douglas Adams, I will preserve the mystery of the toaster as a source of stress and nervous tension since, as he would have said, it is of no consequence whatsoever... :D

Graham
30th-July-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
I will preserve the mystery of the toaster as a source of stress and nervous tension My offer still stands: I'll be delighted to relieve Aleks and xSalsa_Angelx of any stress and nervous tension they might be feeling :wink:

Stuart M
30th-July-2003, 02:23 PM
By the way, Graham, go here (http://quizilla.com/users/bluehawk/quizzes/Which%20Star%20Wars%20character%20are%20you) to find out true whether it is. :grin:

Graham
30th-July-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
By the way, Graham, go here (http://quizilla.com/users/bluehawk/quizzes/Which%20Star%20Wars%20character%20are%20you) to find out true whether it is. :grin: Strange are the ways of the toaster boy

Aleks
30th-July-2003, 04:48 PM
My offer still stands: I'll be delighted to relieve Aleks and xSalsa_Angelx of any stress and nervous tension they might be feeling :wink:

I am sure that xSalsa_Angelx and I can reciprocate the relief.

Graham
30th-July-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I am sure that xSalsa_Angelx and I can reciprocate the relief. Together???? :drool:

Aleks
30th-July-2003, 05:23 PM
Together???? :drool:

Hang on while I PM her!

Aleks
31st-July-2003, 09:37 AM
Together???? :drool:

Jointly, simultaneously, as one, collectively, in sync, concurrently, contemporaneously and together!

Would you prefer it to be standing, sitting, lying or some other shape??

Graham
31st-July-2003, 10:40 AM
Jointly, simultaneously, as one, collectively, in sync, concurrently, contemporaneously and together!

Would you prefer it to be standing, sitting, lying or some other shape?? Why don't you just surprise me? :yum:

Aleks
31st-July-2003, 10:49 AM
Why don't you just surprise me? :yum:

See on Sat.......

stewart38
1st-August-2003, 03:11 PM
Somebody said to be a put on a ceroc teachers course you now have to be under 35 ?

Is that all part of the change ?

I still see a lot of younger beginners (under 25!)

Grant
4th-August-2003, 01:01 PM
Why don't you just surprise me? :yum:
Well, how was your surprise? :wink:

Grant

Graham
4th-August-2003, 01:18 PM
Well, how was your surprise? :wink: I'd love to tell you all about it, but my muscles are still aching so much it hurts to type. :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-August-2003, 01:27 PM
hmm he did have a smile on his face the next day :)

Grant
4th-August-2003, 03:11 PM
hmm he did have a smile on his face the next day :)
bet he is still wearing the same smile next week :D

Grant

Aleks
4th-August-2003, 03:22 PM
I'd love to tell you all about it, but my muscles are still aching so much it hurts to type. :grin:

I gave you permission to share..............

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
4th-August-2003, 08:54 PM
I'd love to tell you all about it, but my muscles are still aching so much it hurts to type. :grin:

THE muscle????

Aleks
5th-August-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
THE muscle????

It's a ligament, not a muscle.

Graham
5th-August-2003, 12:27 PM
I gave you permission to share.............. But I assumed I could choose who to share with: Grant wasn't top of my list......................

Aleks
5th-August-2003, 01:52 PM
But I assumed I could choose who to share with: Grant wasn't top of my list......................
That's fair.
Who DO you want to share with?

Grant
5th-August-2003, 02:01 PM
But I assumed I could choose who to share with: Grant wasn't top of my list......................
i take my hat off to you, master stress reliever
just reading that posting has given me great relief :D

Grant

Debster
5th-August-2003, 04:10 PM
At least when you guys get so far off topic it really speeds up reading what looks like a very long thread...:wink:

TheTramp
5th-August-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Debster
At least when you guys get so far off topic it really speeds up reading what looks like a very long thread...:wink: You mean that you don't read every word of every thread Deb??

I'm so disappointed in you. And you're going to miss out on all the little gems that are tucked away in there. Somewhere. :rolleyes:

Steve

Heather
5th-August-2003, 05:02 PM
:D :D I thought Debster had all the 'little gems' she needed on her dancing shoes!!:wink: :wink:

:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX

TheTramp
5th-August-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:D :D I thought Debster had all the 'little gems' she needed on her dancing shoes!!:wink: :wink: Probably. And if you're all nice, I'll video them for you on Saturday....

Steve

Debster
5th-August-2003, 08:04 PM
'little gems' :D :D

Alas, I won't be wearing those shoes... they are getting too old and becoming a health hazard - apart from the whiff of them - they are too loose - you really need to be strapped in well in those suckers or a mishap in those heels can end your career ;)

I'll have a different set of gems for you.... or at least that's my current plan :waycool:

And BTW... I don't call this:

The Tramp eats vibrating aliens for breakfast. a little gem either! I call it scary!! :what:

Graham
6th-August-2003, 12:02 AM
That's fair.
Who DO you want to share with? I'm open to offers........

TheTramp
6th-August-2003, 12:43 AM
And BTW... I don't call this:
The Tramp eats vibrating aliens for breakfast.
a little gem either! I call it scary!! :what: I totally agree.

I'd much prefer bacon, eggs, sausage, black pudding, fried bread, beans and mushrooms :D

Steve

Heather
6th-August-2003, 01:25 AM
:D I see you are into 'Health food' Steve !!!:wink:

:hug:
Heather.
X

TheTramp
6th-August-2003, 08:11 AM
Yeah.

Am I was just dropping a hint or two (seeing how I'm staying with Debster for the next couple of days).

:D

Steve

Grant
6th-August-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp

I'd much prefer bacon, eggs, sausage, black pudding, fried bread, beans and mushrooms :D
Steve
baked beans for breakfast?:what: :really:
is that one of your advanced techniques for creating your own space on the dance floor? :wink:

Grant

Debster
6th-August-2003, 05:57 PM
baked beans for breakfast?:what: :really:
is that one of your advanced techniques for creating your own space on the dance floor? :wink:

Grant
Not if he wants to keep dancing with his partner! ;) :D

Fran
6th-August-2003, 10:34 PM
Not if he wants to keep dancing with his partner! ;) :D

:rofl: :rofl:

fran:nice:

TheTramp
7th-August-2003, 07:42 AM
Not if he wants to keep dancing with his partner! ;) :D And here I was, trying to be subtle about it. Saw right through me eh, Deb :wink:

Great practise last night btw. I don't think it showed too much that we haven't danced together for 3.5 months!!

Steve