PDA

View Full Version : Superhero films!

David Bailey
6th-March-2007, 10:48 AM
Yes, I admit it, I'm a sucker for superhero films, I've seen them all - well, OK, not The Punisher, even I have some shame.

It's a standard actioner - hero makes deal with Devil, gets transformed into the "Devil's Bounty Hunter", with blazing skull and cool leather outfits, then goes hunting Evil Demons, dispatching them (usually) very easily.

Nicholas Cage is the eponymous hero here, fulfilling his long-stated desire to play a superhero. Unfortunately, he's now too old to play this role credibly, so there's a bit more expositionary-origin stuff than is necessary.

Eva Mendes is the lurrve interest - she looks good, but doesn't actually do much in the film apart from being the Obligatory Hostage. And, as my companion noted "All of her clothes are too small" - i.e. extra tightness added around the curves to appeal to the boy contingent.

The bottom line is that this was an average film of its type - about the same level as Daredevil, much better than Catwoman or Elektre (:sick: ), less good than Batman Returns, and nowhere near as good as Hellboy

Dreadful Scathe
6th-March-2007, 11:55 AM
Yes, I admit it, I'm a sucker for superhero films, I've seen them all - well, OK, not The Punisher, even I have some shame.

The original with Dolph was a fairly forgettable actioner, the new one was utter *******s. You didn't miss anything either time. The annoying thing is, the lead makes an excellent punisher, or would if he had a punisher script :)

It's a standard actioner - hero makes deal with Devil, gets transformed into the "Devil's Bounty Hunter", with blazing skull and cool leather outfits, then goes hunting Evil Demons, dispatching them (usually) very easily.

Which sounds quite like Spawn in some ways. That was a fairly weak film too :) Not read Ghost Rider comics in many, many years...and can barely remember them at all - which says a lot about the original material.

The bottom line is that this was an average film of its type - about the same level as Daredevil, much better than Catwoman or Elektre (:sick: ), less good than Batman Returns, and nowhere near as good as Hellboy

Pretty much agree with your stacking here : not seen Catwoman and dont want to, but Ive got to say Michelle Pfeiffers catwoman was ace in Batman 2. So lets have a comic book rating list here : out of 10 - 10 being "brilliant" of course.

Men In Black (smith vs jones great casting, good effects, funny) ( 8 )
Men in Black 2(almost as if there was only enough material for one film) ( 4 )
Elektra - ( gorgeous lead, couple of good set pieces, 5 mins of good script(including start/end credits) ( 3 )
Spawn - (like a jean claude van damme film with a superhero in it) - ( 3)
Daredevil (ropey lead, weak plot, SUPERB bad guys, "paperclips") (6)
The Crow (superb lead, excellent atmosphere, "can't rain all the time") ( 8 )
Batman Returns (superb lead, solid acting everywhere, kick ass script) ( 9 )
Batman (Michael Keaton ok, suitably dark until Ham Joker shows up in purple and green, good but not great) ( 7 )
Batman 2 (great catwoman, great bad guy, slimy penguin, *******s script) ( 5 )
Other Batman films (just...don't go there) ( 2 )
Fantastic Four (superb Human Torch, ok thing, ok effects, script written by small child) ( 4 (sic) )
HellBoy ( good script, great acting, SUPERB lead ) ( 8 )
Spiderman 1 (Ropey Spiderman, rest of cast excellent, great script) ( 8 )
Spiderman 2 (Same ropey spiderman, rest of cast excellent, great script ) ( 8 )
X-men (one word: wolverine. some other bits good too. script forgettable apart from "you're a dick" line ) ( 7 )
X-Men 2 (nightcrawler, wolverine, secret base, brian cox, brilliant ) ( 9 )
X-Men 3 (wolverine was good, otherwise big disapointment) ( 4 )
Superman ( great cast, great story, great effects for the time ) ( 8 )
Superman Returns ( great effects, great superman - superb dual personality acting, left script in phonebox) ( 6 )

Paulthetrainer
6th-March-2007, 07:30 PM
Men In Black -7 Good idea but ran out of steam before the end

Men in Black 2 -Forget it.

Daredevil- 5 One of my faves growing up but dissappointed with this. The scene where MM and Elektra fight in the playground really spoilt it.

The Crow - 9 All time classic. Wonder what Brandon Lee would be doing now had he lived.

Batman Returns- 8 Might have got a 9 but for Michael Caine's dumb line about press-ups

Batman- 8.5 Great introduction for Batman.

Batman 2- 4 Val Kilmer was a better Batman but let down by poor plot

HellBoy 7 Good but ever so slightly predictable even though I didn't know who he was.

Spiderman 1 9 Have to say I thought Tobey Maguire made a good Spiderman, and I had about 300 Spiderman comics as a boy (why, oh why did I give them away to the kid from up the road?)

Spiderman 2 9 At least as good as the first one

X-men 7.5 -Not a massive X-Men fan but Wolverine is easily the best character although with not anywhere near as effective powers as the rest.

X-Men 2 -4 Kind of blended into the first one for me.

Superman 9 - using a set of revolving doors to get changed in is a skill we should all strive for.

The Punisher 7.5 - Sorry guys but I quite liked it! (never read the comic strip though)

haven't seen the rest.

David Bailey
6th-March-2007, 08:48 PM
Oooh, a "Superhero-films-you-have-seen" discussion! :clap:

The original with Dolph was a fairly forgettable actioner, the new one was utter *******s. You didn't miss anything either time. The annoying thing is, the lead makes an excellent punisher, or would if he had a punisher script :)
Well, it's a pretty silly premise really, Death Wish / Taxi Driver with a naff costume...

Which sounds quite like Spawn in some ways. That was a fairly weak film too :) Not read Ghost Rider comics in many, many years...and can barely remember them at all - which says a lot about the original material.
Spawn the comic book is much better than Ghost Rider the comic book. For a start, Marvel got all wimpy and started retconning the whole "Devil" thing - "Oh, actually, it's not the, you know, real Devil, it's just a... err... alien, or monster, or something" or whatever.

They did the same thing with the Son Of Satan - "Ah, when we say Satan, we actually meant a demon who called himself Satan. Nothing to do with the real Satan, honest."
- you have to wonder about the levels of pandering-to-American-religious-nuttydom when you have to refer to someone as the "real Satan" :rolleyes:

And then it was "Ah, he's really the son of Sattanish (son of Dormammu for those keeping up). Oh, but he's lying about that."

Sigh...

(interestingly* Son of Satan first appeared in the Ghost Rider comic)

* Admittedly, for a very low value of "interest"

David Bailey
6th-March-2007, 09:05 PM
{list}
I really can't disagree with any of those.

I'd rate both X-men 2 and Spiderman 2 at the top - interestingly, both were made by the same director as the first in the relevant series, but with more freedom and money. As LOTR showed us, keeping the same director at the helm is crucial.

I'd have loved to see Bryan Singer's X-men 3, but I'm looking forward to Raimi's Spiderman 3.

Stuart M
28th-March-2007, 11:03 AM
Oooh, a "Superhero-films-you-have-seen" discussion! :clap:

Notable, but not surprising perhaps, that no-one mentioned Hulk. I remember being sorely disappointed by it - a dull script, not very impressive Hulk effects and some wooden performances.

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 11:40 AM
I've split this into a separate thread...

Dreadful Scathe
28th-March-2007, 11:57 AM
Notable, but not surprising perhaps, that no-one mentioned Hulk. I remember being sorely disappointed by it - a dull script, not very impressive Hulk effects and some wooden performances.
dunno why i overlooked that. in places it was brilliant. i liked the comic box style, and the "hulk can jump" scenes were very comic book - gotta love hulk versus tanks. The bit that spoiled it for me was the whole "dad is electric monster" thing - id give it 7/10

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 12:02 PM
dunno why i overlooked that. in places it was brilliant.
Where? The end credits?

i liked the comic box style, and the "hulk can jump" scenes were very comic book - gotta love hulk versus tanks.
There's almost no part of that film that I care to remember. I didn't even get the DVD - and I bought the Elektra DVD, so that shows you how low the bar is...

The bit that spoiled it for me was the whole "dad is electric monster" thing - id give it 7/10
He was the Absorbing Man, wasn't he? That was all very strange... :confused:

The Abomination's the Big Bad in the Incredible Hulk - two big green monsters, can't go wrong there :)

jive_me
28th-March-2007, 01:37 PM
I think I fell asleep watching Hulk.

Big fan of X-Men and X2 but not X3 (the whole thing at the beginning with Cyclops?!). I grew up watching the X-Men cartoons and reading the comics so was a bit disappointed with some of the characters (Rogue was a bit poor really). But disregarding that, good movies :D

xXx:flower:

Stuart M
28th-March-2007, 01:44 PM
dunno why i overlooked that. in places it was brilliant. i liked the comic box style, and the "hulk can jump" scenes were very comic book - gotta love hulk versus tanks. The bit that spoiled it for me was the whole "dad is electric monster" thing - id give it 7/10
One reason why the film didn't work is clear on the DVD extras. The director Ang Lee effectively does the "acting" for the Hulk - he was wired up for the movement in an electronic rig for the CGI to be built on. And he punches like a girl, rather than a half-ton green radioactive mutation with attitude.
Another reason was Jennifer Connelly. I struggle to rank her either as balsa or pine. Her possession of an Oscar is one of cinema's great mysteries IMO (but then Sean and Mr Caine have Best Supporting gongs too, so maybe not).

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 02:45 PM
One reason why the film didn't work is clear on the DVD extras.
Someone with an even lower bar than me? :eek:

The director Ang Lee effectively does the "acting" for the Hulk - he was wired up for the movement in an electronic rig for the CGI to be built on. And he punches like a girl, rather than a half-ton green radioactive mutation with attitude.
Ah, that makes a bit more sense.

I'd assumed the state of the art with CGI was just not up to the job, of portraying a realistic monster in full daylight - but of course Gollum disproved that.

It's incredible how truly dumb Hollywood producers can be, isn't it?

And it shows that with superhero films, the director is everything - compare Xmen 1-2 (Singer :clap: ) with 3 (Ratner :sad: ), Batman 1-2 (Burton :clap: ) with 3 (Schumacher :sick: ), and so on.

Fortunately Spiderman 3 has Raimi again. :worthy:

Stuart M
28th-March-2007, 03:08 PM
Someone with an even lower bar than me? :eek:
We rented the DVD and I couldn't sleep so I watched the "Making of..." featurette.

Ang is certainly not a bad director, but he was the wrong choice for that particular project.

Fortunately Spiderman 3 has Raimi again. :worthy:Indeed.

Mezzosoprano
28th-March-2007, 04:25 PM
Please tell me that I'm not the only girl who's posting to this thread.... I love Superhero films!!! X-Men films were good but.... Christian Bale in the latest Batman was absolutely brilliant... much darker than Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer...

They should do Dan Dare...

jive_me
28th-March-2007, 04:34 PM
Last time I checked I was a girl :wink: not a keen Superhero film fan though besides X-Men and to some extent the first Spiderman.

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 05:09 PM
Please tell me that I'm not the only girl who's posting to this thread....
Well, DS is a big girlie, does that count? :na:

Stuart M
28th-March-2007, 08:02 PM
I'd assumed the state of the art with CGI was just not up to the job, of portraying a realistic monster in full daylight - but of course Gollum disproved that.

It's incredible how truly dumb Hollywood producers can be, isn't it?

Forgot this point: it's even more incredible that Ang decided to do this after seeing the example of Gollum in LOTR. Andy Serkis got rave reviews for his efforts in portraying Gollum - there was a campaign to get him nominated for Best Supporting Actor Oscar, I think. That should surely have flagged up to Ang an obvious point: that acting is as much about the physicality as it is about reading the lines.

I actually agree with DS, in the sense that the Hulk film did have some superb things in it. But it's frustrating that so many things were obviously wrong.

Mezzosoprano
29th-March-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, DS is a big girlie, does that count? :na:

Nope! Gotta have the horomonal need for chocolate too!

Mezzosoprano
29th-March-2007, 03:03 PM
Last time I checked I was a girl :wink: not a keen Superhero film fan though besides X-Men and to some extent the first Spiderman.

:blush: :hug: Oops... obviously I wasn't paying attention

Dreadful Scathe
29th-March-2007, 03:32 PM
Nope! Gotta have thehoromonal need for chocolate too!

How do you know I don't have that ? .....whatever it is :)

David Bailey
18th-June-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, I saw Spiderman 3 a few weeks ago and FF 2 last Friday, so I thought I'd update this:

{ rant } Why is it that every third film in a superhero franchise is pants? Is it the law or something? X-men 3, Batman 3, Superman 3, they're all rubbish... { /rant }

Spidey 3 was.... well, not completely awful like X-3 / Batman 3, but it was much worse than the first two. If I had to pick out one criticism - too much. Too much storyline, plot, villains, time. 148 minutes :rolleyes: None of the characters were badly done - but they could have completely removed the Sandman, making the film a more manageable length, without disrupting the plot at all, and allowing time to develop a few other characters who just appeared as cameos.

FF 2 was, surprisingly, OK. Better than FF 1, which admittedly wasn't hard, and with some genuine iconic moments - the first sighting of the Silver Surfer, and the shadow of the "world-devourer" over Saturn, were both great. Plus, great set-piece done by the London Eye :clap:

Tiggerbabe
18th-June-2007, 11:47 AM
Spidey 3 was.... well, not completely awful like X-3 / Batman 3, but it was much worse than the first two.
I thought so too, David, not enough Tango and too much of that new fangled Web Coast Swing :rolleyes:

Beowulf
18th-June-2007, 12:06 PM
What.. no V for Vendetta?

Ok.. not so much a "superhero" In the strictest sense of the word. But V fits the mold. Masked hero/anti hero righting wrongs and doing it with a certain "flair"

If you're counting hellboy I'd count V as well.

Ok so they mashed the ending of the book and moved some pretty major plot devices around.. but I liked it. and I give it a one and a half thumbs up (I had an accident making my sandwich this morning.. hence the 1/2 thumb! :wink:)

8 /10

Dreadful Scathe
18th-June-2007, 01:08 PM
Spidey 3 was.... well, not completely awful like X-3 / Batman 3, but it was much worse than the first two. If I had to pick out one criticism - too much. Too much storyline, plot, villains, time. 148 minutes :rolleyes: None of the characters were badly done - but they could have completely removed the Sandman, making the film a more manageable length, without disrupting the plot at all, and allowing time to develop a few other characters who just appeared as cameos.

Not seen FF2 so cant comment (incidentally you can watch the silver surfer origins cartoons on TV Links (http://www.tv-links.co.uk/)) but i have seen Spidey3 so can. I pretty much agree with what you say, but, for me it wasn't "much" worse - slightly worse maybe, but in this one i really "got" peter parker a bit more, there was a bit of maturity coming out even before "dark" spiderman*. The performances of MJ and the new green goblin were also much better. Agree with the rest of what you say though, especially about sandman - great thought he was ..you could cut out those bits and not affect the film. Venom...brilliant (Id go so far as to say "perfect") but not nearly enough. Jameson...fantastic in all 3 films :)

* but, WHERE are the quips!!

Mini Mac
18th-June-2007, 01:32 PM
Dont get me started on what i think of superhero films!:really: I hate them! It has to be said, batman, boring, :sad: superman boring:what: and spidey? BORING!:eek: ! Theyre all the same if you ask me! The boy saves the girl and beats the enemy with his amazing gadgets. I love musical films much better and some fantasy! has anyone seen Pirates of the carriabean at worlds end? I've seen it twice and it is brilliant! :awe: I know im straying from the point but i hope you can forgive me:waycool: hehehe x

Dreadful Scathe
18th-June-2007, 02:12 PM
Dont get me started on what i think of superhero films!:really: I hate them! It has to be said, batman, boring, :sad: superman boring:what: and spidey? BORING!:eek: ! Theyre all the same if you ask me! The boy saves the girl and beats the enemy with his amazing gadgets. I love musical films much better and some fantasy! has anyone seen Pirates of the carriabean at worlds end? I've seen it twice and it is brilliant! :awe: I know im straying from the point but i hope you can forgive me:waycool: hehehe x
hmm...i heard it was so dire it wasn't worth the trouble of going (after being bored through the 2nd one, i can believe it)..ill wait for the DVD

Ghost
18th-June-2007, 04:43 PM
Personally I watch films more for the moments - superhero films, perhaps unsurprisingly I watch for what Joss Whedon calls "hero moments"

Spiderman 3 -
the final fight where Spiderman leaps after Mary Jane, trusting that the Green Goblin isn't going to stab him in the back

Fantastic Four -
when Doom fires the heat seeker at the Baxter Building
"Oh no'
'Don't even think about it!'
'I never do'
*jumps off building*
'Come one, come on......FLAME ON!"

The Matrix Films -
Trinity riding the Ducati the wrong way down the motorway.
Neo after he leaves the Architect to try and save Trinity who's falling to her death and keeps trying to go faster and faster.......

Serenity -
"You're always looking after me; my turn"
*jumps unarmed into the room full of heavily armed supervillains, and doesn't even defend herself until she's thrown the medical kit to them and locked the door*

X3 -
Kitty out-witting Juggernaut

Logan and Jean
"You would die for them'
'No, not for them; for you"

Oh and I did enjoy World's End too
- The marriage scene at the end :wink:

Mini Mac
19th-June-2007, 12:39 PM
Personally I watch films more for the moments - superhero films, perhaps unsurprisingly I watch for what Joss Whedon calls "hero moments"

[...]

Oh and I did enjoy World's End too
- The marriage scene at the end :wink:

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Someone agrees Pirates was good, the marriage scene was a touch of genius!!!:flower:

Hey they even done a bit of ceroc dancing!:respect:

Mini Mac
19th-June-2007, 12:42 PM
hmm...i heard it was so dire it wasn't worth the trouble of going (after being bored through the 2nd one, i can believe it)..ill wait for the DVD

NO! Ok so World's end wasnt the best one but it certainly wasnt dire!:angry:
It was funny but also powerful at times!!!:eek: It will never beat the first one though! That was just classic!:waycool: :waycool: :worthy:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-June-2007, 12:56 PM
NO! Ok so World's end wasnt the best one but it certainly wasnt dire!:angry:

Hey don't get stroppy with me, thats only what i was told by a friend (and every review i read ;) ). But I tend to believe it after seeing the last one - where Mr.Depps excellent pirate became a occasional comedy turn and lost his "edge". Kiera the super-heroine does grate a bit too :)

Beowulf
19th-June-2007, 01:50 PM

Spiderman 3

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We need a spoiler tag !! That automagically hides the text unless you really REALLY want to read it :tears: :tears:

I've not seen spiderman 3 yet !! :tears:

Mini Mac
19th-June-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey don't get stroppy with me, thats only what i was told by a friend (and every review i read ;) ). But I tend to believe it after seeing the last one - where Mr.Depps excellent pirate became a occasional comedy turn and lost his "edge". Kiera the super-heroine does grate a bit too :)

Depp had to be funny though, it made the film memerable. "Nobody move, i cant find my brain!" Classic!:rofl:

My dad agreed that keira's acting wasnt up to scratch though :rolleyes:

Ghost
19th-June-2007, 06:11 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We need a spoiler tag !! That automagically hides the text unless you really REALLY want to read it :tears: :tears:

I've not seen spiderman 3 yet !! :tears:

Arggggggggh! I know better than to do that. Really sorry:blush: Hopefully some kindly moderator will remove the reference :flower: (Kinda straneg clicking on "bad post" for something you've written)

I saw it at the beginning of May and assumed everyone who was going to see it had done so by now. :blush:

ducasi
19th-June-2007, 07:04 PM
I've now hidden the text by making it white – folks can read it either by selecting it, or quoting it to reply.

David Bailey
19th-June-2007, 07:46 PM
Dont get me started on what i think of superhero films!:really: I hate them! It has to be said, batman, boring, :sad: superman boring:what: and spidey? BORING!:eek: ! Theyre all the same if you ask me! The boy saves the girl and beats the enemy with his amazing gadgets.
Hellboy? Not exactly...

X-3: Boy gets girl, girl kills boy, next boy kills girl... not so much on the predictable romance thing ;)

Superhero films are like any genre film (Westerns, romantic comedies, etc.) - you get good ones and bad ones, but most of them are in between.

has anyone seen Pirates of the carriabean at worlds end? I've seen it twice and it is brilliant! :awe: I know im straying from the point but i hope you can forgive me:waycool: hehehe x
It did precisely zero for me - the only bit I liked was the action set piece around the whirlpool, but that was 2 hours in - by then I'd almost lost the will to live...

Ghost
20th-June-2007, 02:51 PM
I've now hidden the text by making it white – folks can read it either by selecting it, or quoting it to reply.

:respect: :cheers:

Beowulf
20th-June-2007, 03:00 PM
I've been touting the studio's with my latest offering "The Geek Avenger" but i'm not getting much in the way of interest.

he's not much of a super hero mind you, he does brew a decent cup of coffee and knows his way round a linux system.

He's got all the gear though.. a Cat6 RJ45 Lasso/climbing rope. Deadly mini DVD shurikans not to mention the lethal paper clip shooting , rubberband powered Geek Gun..

I really can't imagine why no producer is interested ;)

Stuart M
20th-June-2007, 04:12 PM
I've been touting the studio's with my latest offering "The Geek Avenger" but i'm not getting much in the way of interest.
Possibly the script is putting them off. The Geek Avenger's boy wonder, the Canonicity Kid, is a problem. Constantly stopping the hero from using his DVD shurikens, because, say, they never appeared in the strip before issue #254 and therefore could not be coterminous with Doctor Cool's :waycool: twisted chinos costume, doesn't help.

And your hero's adaptation of the Dungeons & Dragons (TM) logo for his costume isn't helping.

Neither is the battle cry of "Tape up those specs, CK, let's Avenge some Geeks". :what:

And finally, the Achilles Heel of "any female within a 1/4 mile radius" is limiting the date-movie demographic potential somewhat.

whitetiger1518
21st-June-2007, 03:16 PM

he's not much of a super hero mind you, he does brew a decent cup of coffee and knows his way round a linux system.

He's got all the gear though.. a Cat6 RJ45 Lasso/climbing rope. Deadly mini DVD shurikans not to mention the lethal paper clip shooting , rubberband powered Geek Gun..

I am sad to say that I could buy 5 copies at least as Christmas presents. First of all I am a reasonably geeky girl. ( In other words I don't know all the technical lingo and languages, but I do know much more of what goes on behind our backroom Software than some of our other employees, never mind our clients :eek:)

Then there are at least 4 other members of the family that qualify as full time, paid up geeks (All much more tchnical than I am in their own unique ways. I am not :worthy: )

Whitetiger

Beowulf
25th-June-2007, 01:31 PM
"Tape up those specs, CK, let's Avenge some Geeks". :what:

HAHA :rofl:

I'm adding that to my Sig !! Rep for making me choke on my coffee !!

EDIT

"Holy icosahedrons GA.. he rolled a 20 on his spill coffee roll!!"

Dreadful Scathe
24th-July-2007, 12:46 PM
oooh....nice (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iron-man/)

philsmove
4th-August-2007, 06:20 AM
Coming soon(ish)

Ironman (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7415)

David Bailey
6th-August-2007, 12:00 PM
Coming soon(ish)

Ironman (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7415)

Iron Man is the first "Marvel only" film - ie. the first one they've been able to control totally - which shows in the choice of cast I think, not to mention the storyline.

But that doesn't mean it'll be any good of course...

David Bailey
28th-June-2008, 05:01 PM
Iron Man is the first "Marvel only" film - ie. the first one they've been able to control totally - which shows in the choice of cast I think, not to mention the storyline.

But that doesn't mean it'll be any good of course...

Update to this - I saw this a few weeks ago, and it was actually very good indeed.

Superb - inspired, even - casting of Robert Downey, he was absolutely superb. The plotline was good, there was some nod to continuity and the dialog was generally excellent.

I also saw Incredible Hulk last week, and that was pretty good too - not as good as Iron Man, but far far better than the awfulness that was Hulk. So it looks like Marvel are finally getting their act together.

It also looks like both Marvel and DC are slowly moving towards movies of their respective mega-teams (Avengers and JLA), which should be interesting...

Genevieve
27th-August-2008, 04:20 PM
Hmmm, still musing over whether to go and see Hellboy II........a few guffaws in Hellboy but might wait till the Golden Army is out on DVD unless persuaded otherwise?

"It's for YOU!!" :lol:

Poi Boi
27th-August-2008, 04:29 PM
I saw Hellboy 2 over the weekend and it was exactly what I expected. Lots of action, brilliant one liners and quips, lots of fantasy, some stuff to make you jump, and some great effects held together with a story line that wasn't too bad.

It was what I would call a 'popcorn' film. Go and watch it without expectations of being blown away, and you will enjoy it. Go in thinking it will challenge you and you will be dissapointed.

I'de recommend it as a film, esp if you go with friends!