PDA

View Full Version : Ballroom etiquette?

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 10:53 AM
From this post

Well - it isn't always the appropriate thing to do, but often it's the gentlemanly thing. I do think it's very important to keep away from the NEXT! mentality, and this is one of several ways of avoiding that.
This actually seems like a nice thing to do - although it doesn't really happen at the moment.

It also seems more like "ballroom etiquette" than anything else - for example, from this excellent rules page (http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~hma-bdc/etiquette.html):

At the end of a dance, one should thank his/her partner for the dance and leave the partner at the "sidelines" instead of on the dance floor.

Are there any other ballroom etiquette rules that people don't do, but that might be nice?

straycat
28th-March-2007, 11:11 AM
Are there any other ballroom etiquette rules that people don't do, but that might be nice?

Why don't we go further back and bring back dance cards?

Trousers
28th-March-2007, 11:12 AM
Always dance with at least one blue rinse?

the whale
28th-March-2007, 11:17 AM
It also seems more like "ballroom etiquette" than anything else - for example, from this excellent rules page (http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~hma-bdc/etiquette.html):

I like this. But I have to admit, this quote did make me laugh: -

since some dancers may be chemically sensitive. Strong fragrances can make even the average person woozy

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 11:30 AM
Why don't we go further back and bring back dance cards?
:yeah: I would so love to see dance cards make a resurgence - I think they're dead cool. :grin:

Although I reckon there should be an gadget-based version, using SMS / Bluetooth to seek out compatible dancers and book them. That'd be :waycool:

Twirly
28th-March-2007, 11:39 AM
:yeah: I would so love to see dance cards make a resurgence - I think they're dead cool. :grin:

Although I reckon there should be an gadget-based version, using SMS / Bluetooth to seek out compatible dancers and book them. That'd be :waycool:

For goodness sakes don't tell Beo :really: It's bad enough him making notes on his PDA at classes, never mind booking people up to dance with... :rolleyes:

And he'd probably write a programme to do it too. Mind you, that could be useful, I wonder if you could put certain dancers on your "ignore list" so that you'd never have to dance with them again as you'd always appear to be busy... DJ - I think this might have potential! :na:

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 11:54 AM
DJ - I think this might have potential! :na:
Well, there's an old "dance cards" thread here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/social-events/882-dance-cards.html)...

Daisy Chain
28th-March-2007, 12:24 PM
I wonder if you could put certain dancers on your "ignore list" so that you'd never have to dance with them again as you'd always appear to be busy...

I'd quite like an invisibility cloak to avoid those men that can't take a hint.

Daisy

(A visible Little Flower)