PDA

View Full Version : What's the world's most popular (partner) dance?

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 09:00 AM
It seems an obvious question to ask, but I couldn't find it on a search - so, any suggestions?

ducasi
28th-March-2007, 09:13 AM
Salsa? It's danced everywhere*.

* For certain limited values of "everywhere".

straycat
28th-March-2007, 09:20 AM
Salsa? It's danced everywhere*.

* For certain limited values of "everywhere".
** and certain limited values of "danced". :devil:

Daisy Chain
28th-March-2007, 12:01 PM
I would have thought it would be the drunken fumble, smooch, grope & snog at the end of a good night's clubbing at the local disco.

Daisy

(A Nostalgic Little FLower)

PS I've not been clubbing since my student days, so it might be a bit different now.

Baruch
29th-March-2007, 12:19 AM
The Horizontal Hustle?

Jamie
29th-March-2007, 01:39 AM
Muggle Partner dancing... everyone can hold hands and move from side to side! :whistle:

David Bailey
29th-March-2007, 08:37 AM
I was just wondering, if you wanted to learn a "universal partner dance" (apart from nightclub grope & shuffle) to cover the most people, what would it be?

The analogy is with languages - if you wanted to cover the most people with those, then English and Chinese are your best bets - and I wondered what the equivalent in partner dancing is...

straycat
29th-March-2007, 08:50 AM
I was just wondering, if you wanted to learn a "universal partner dance" (apart from nightclub grope & shuffle) to cover the most people, what would it be?

Shag.

David Bailey
29th-March-2007, 09:02 AM
Shag.
OK, I give up :throws hands in air icon:

straycat
29th-March-2007, 09:03 AM
OK, I give up :throws hands in air icon:

:evil cackle icon:

David Bailey
29th-March-2007, 09:08 AM
:evil cackle icon:
:smug not-on-this-train (http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article/2007/mar/26/travelnews.transportintheuk1)-so-there icon:

Feelingpink
29th-March-2007, 09:14 AM
OK, I give up :throws hands in air icon:Can I quote you on that? :devil: :whistle:

Trouble
29th-March-2007, 09:51 AM
Worlds most popular dance is not listed anywhere.

The most common dance is not listed anywhere.

So basically, i dont know. :what: :rolleyes:

Freya
29th-March-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm Shocked!

DavidJames has not split this thread yet!!!! He's allowing off-topic chat on a thread he started!!!! :whistle:

Especially with all the discussions on thread ownership and splitting!

Franck
29th-March-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm Shocked!

DavidJames has not split this thread yet!!!! He's allowing off-topic chat on a thread he started!!!! :whistle:

Especially with all the discussions on thread ownership and splitting!I have split and moved the new smilies discussions to 'New Smilies to play with? thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/forum-technical-problems-questions-suggestions/12060-new-smilies-play.html).

Dreadful Scathe
29th-March-2007, 01:04 PM
Shouldnt we be splitting comments about the splits into a new "threads that have moved" thread. Otherwise I'll get confused.

(best move this into "Comments about thread spliiting comments")

(also can all DJs posts go into "Solitary Confinement" and be locked to everyone else)

:)