PDA

View Full Version : E-mail PM notification

Sparkles
27th-March-2007, 11:36 AM
I no longer seem to be receiving e-mail notifications when I receive a PM. Is this something to do with the forum or do you think it's more likely to be to do with my e-mail account?
This has never happened before, I'm a bit confused :confused:

Thanks in advance for help/advice :)

ducasi
27th-March-2007, 11:56 AM
I got a very late email notification of a PM yesterday...

Often though the problem is due to email systems thinking the PM notifications are junk mail – have you checked your junk mail folder?

DavidY
27th-March-2007, 12:36 PM
Often though the problem is due to email systems thinking the PM notifications are junk mail – have you checked your junk mail folder?:yeah:

See also this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/forum-technical-problems-questions-suggestions/11596-subscribed-threads-notification.html). Because the sending address of forum emails changed not so long ago, you may need to update your "white list" if you have one.

Little Monkey
27th-March-2007, 01:01 PM
I got a very late email notification of a PM yesterday...

Often though the problem is due to email systems thinking the PM notifications are junk mail – have you checked your junk mail folder?

This happened to me, all my PM email notifications ended in my bulk folder, and I had to go and mark them as 'not spam'.

Sparkles
27th-March-2007, 01:04 PM
ah, OK I'll go and check it out - thanks :grin:

Sparkles
27th-March-2007, 01:59 PM
So odd... I changed nothing and yet I got a PM notification at about 1:20pm for a PM the at was sent at about 1:20pm, but no notifications for any PMs in the last couple of days (and yes, I did receive some :rolleyes: ).

Maybe they're just lost in cyberspace somewhere :confused:

Little Monkey
27th-March-2007, 02:05 PM
So odd... I changed nothing and yet I got a PM notification at about 1:20pm for a PM the at was sent at about 1:20pm, but no notifications for any PMs in the last couple of days (and yes, I did receive some :rolleyes: ).

Maybe they're just lost in cyberspace somewhere :confused:

Did you check your spam folder?

I did get the occasional PM notification delivered to my inbox, but about 90% ended in my bulk folder. It got sorted after I 'un-spammed' them.:D

Hope you'll get it sorted.