PDA

View Full Version : film

Chris
17th-July-2003, 10:28 AM
Hi there - I thought one or two might folk might perhaps be interested in the date for the British Premiere of our short film (15mins) that has a dance sequence of blues/jive.

The film's called 'The Total Eclipse of Sybil Price' and it's a supernatural mystery romance by Gateway Films. The date we've been given is Monday 4th August (6.30pm) at the Cameo Cinema (which is in Tollcross, Edinburgh).

I'm still reeling a bit at being called a 'choreographer' when I can hardly spell the word! . . . all it means really was suggesting and adapting some moves to fit the mood of the piece and getting the two wonderful actresses up to speed on dancing them in time.

A big *Thank You* to all of you who gave me the support and confidence to do this (I'm so chuffed with it!), and to Gateway Films - who have edited it in such a way as to make it seem that even I can act.
:rofl: .

You can get more info on the film (esp if you like if you've got Shockwave) here (http://www.docker.demon.co.uk/sybilprice/)
Hope to see some of you there!

Chris
ps - tickets are only £1.50 and go on sale on 28th July, but the Cameo says they will sell out(!) by 29th, so do please phone them (0131 228 4141) and book quickly if you are coming (sorry I'm unable to reserve any for you :sorry )

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
17th-July-2003, 12:33 PM
& why are you not dancing in it? might go and take a look.... sounds good!

Chris
17th-July-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
& why are you not dancing in it? might go and take a look.... sounds good!

errr . . . I thought I was actually!! . . . though looking at the stills it looks more like I'm standing around posing with leading ladies . . . (who were most wonderful when they went into 'character' - instant dramatisation like having a different person on the end of my arm - lovely!) :)

Chicklet
17th-July-2003, 02:03 PM
**drools at photo**

oooh, is this a film where the men are all in dinner suits with the ties undone???

**drifts away in a swoon**

Aleks
17th-July-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
**drools at photo**

oooh, is this a film where the men are all in dinner suits with the ties undone???

**drifts away in a swoon**

I think Chris is the ONLY man in the film......

Chicklet
17th-July-2003, 03:36 PM
hmmmm, well the film will be soooo good then that they will have to make a sequel with one girl and lots of men, I'll look forward to that!!:D

Aleks
17th-July-2003, 04:00 PM
hmmmm, well the film will be soooo good then that they will have to make a sequel with one girl and lots of men, I'll look forward to that!!:D

I think we have the same idea of heaven!

21st-July-2003, 01:30 PM

I'm in.....

Chris
21st-July-2003, 06:12 PM
Well I'll certainly pass on your enthusiasm (I know who Aleks is of course, but I don't know who Chicklet or Basil Brush are - you can pm me or make yourself known to me on the night if you get tickets).

Now I know Aleks is keen, but if there's to be one girl and lots of guys, sounds like we'll need a host of sequels - plus willing guys - oh and I nearly forgot - generous sponsors to fund the sought after productions!

Most of the Ceroc we used btw was based on New Zealand Ceroc - are there many people up for learning this?

CJ
21st-July-2003, 09:05 PM
I'm in.....

Baggie second...

PeterL
22nd-July-2003, 11:43 AM
Chris

just looked at your web page.
Just a bit of constructive criticism.

get rid of the annoying DHTML mouse following script, it is very 90s and puts you off reading the content.
:sorry

Chris
22nd-July-2003, 07:59 PM
Hi Peter!

Thank you for the feedback. It's primarily for information and enjoyment of course, so when I update it I shall look closely at purely decorative bits, such as the one you mention! (The stardust you drew my attention to actually looks great on my screen, but maybe doesn't work so well elsewhere.)
Comments & suggestions are always appreciated - I can be emailed on chris@docker.demon.co.uk.

Cheers, Chris.

ps, in response to your signature file -
Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi: Sed quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur! :wink:

22nd-July-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Chris
Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi: Sed quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur! :wink:

Translate please (so I can correct you smart ar*es... I have qualifications in this dead language I'll have you know!)

22nd-July-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Baggie second...

You are welcome to my post coetal debris any day old fellow.

Chris
23rd-July-2003, 12:14 AM
Translate please (so I can correct you smart ar*es... I have qualifications in this dead language I'll have you know!)

In that case I'm sure you can translate it better than me! :really:

. . . but my relatively uneducated guess would be "I don't speak much Latin but let's face it, anything in Latin sounds impressive!"

(over and out - chris disappears from Forum to practice some new footwork)

PeterL
23rd-July-2003, 12:10 PM
The second half was actually my old signature for a while.
and translates better as anything said in Latin sounds profound.

Here have a go at this one.
"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 12:20 PM
You are welcome to my post coetal debris any day old fellow.

Old? OLD?? OLD?????? :tears: :tears:

It's a kind offer, but not one for stirring my spoon in someone else's porridge.:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

PeterL
23rd-July-2003, 01:25 PM
I also have a qualification in it but don't know a word.:D

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 01:55 PM
Marcus et Sextus sunt sub abore.:D

Taxi for CJ...

What the hell.......

Servus,
Servum,
Servi,
Servos

Servi,
Servos,
Servorum,
Servis.

23rd-July-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Old? OLD?? OLD?????? :tears: :tears:

It's a kind offer, but not one for stirring my spoon in someone else's porridge.:rolleyes: :D :D :D Even if there's jam?

Back to latin,
OK- all together now- dominus dominus dominum, domini domino domino.

rex rex regem, regis regi rege

23rd-July-2003, 04:59 PM
Flavia est puella Romana. Sextus est puer mollestus.