PDA

View Full Version : Do you Drink and Jive???

Freya
21st-March-2007, 03:43 PM
On a vaguely serious note, if I drink, my connection goes out the window - so the old adage about not drinking and jiving definitely holds true for me.
After this comment on this Thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/intermediate-corner/11893-connection.html)

Do You?

Freya
21st-March-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok something happened and it didn't let me post a poll!!!!

Can some lovely moderator add one with the Options along the lines of:

"Yes all the time"
"Yes I get completely plastered"
"I have one or two to relax"
"No Never"
"Ocasionally!"

Pretty Pretty Please?

Jamie
21st-March-2007, 03:49 PM
I never drink n jive... I hate it, I don't like dancing with anyone who's had a drink either... I'm stupid and wacky enough without a drink, anyone who's seen me on a weekender knows that, can you imagine me with any kind of alcohol inside me... :really:

Freya
21st-March-2007, 03:53 PM
can you imagine me with any kind of alcohol inside me... :really:

Scary Thought Really!!!!! :eek:

Lee Bartholomew
21st-March-2007, 03:54 PM
I find the dancing improves to a certain point then you have one mouthfull too much and suddenly you cant do 12 spins anymore and your partner doesn't want to do aerials. Strange that :whistle: :devil:

ducasi
21st-March-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok something happened and it didn't let me post a poll!!!!

Can some lovely moderator add one with the Options along the lines of:

"Yes all the time"
"Yes I get completely plastered"
"I have one or two to relax"
"No Never"
"Ocasionally!"

Pretty Pretty Please?
Fixed the spelling too – hope you don't mind... :wink:

Sparkles
21st-March-2007, 04:07 PM
I feel sure there's already a thread about this. Harperlink anyone? :flower:

Tiggerbabe
21st-March-2007, 04:09 PM
Usually have a gin & tonic to relax, and then save the serious drinking for the APPs :innocent:

David Bailey
21st-March-2007, 04:25 PM
Argh! Flashback! :eek:

I feel sure there's already a thread about this.
Or 5... :rolleyes:

Harperlink anyone? :flower:

Alcohol and dancing (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/5354-alcohol-dancing.html)
Tepid debate time: the Demon Drink (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/chit-chat/7024-tepid-debate-time-demon-drink.html)
Does Ceroc drive you to drink? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/238-does-ceroc-drive-you-drink.html)
Can you have a good time without drink (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/chit-chat/5361-can-you-have-good-time-without-drink.html)
Dance etiquette - tipsy (dance) partners (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/4249-dance-etiquette-tipsy-dance-partners.html)

Northants Girly
21st-March-2007, 04:43 PM
Usually I have just 1 or maybe 2 drinks if I'm out dancing but occaisionally, if I've had a stressful day, I will have more :blush:

Saying that I now havn't had a drink since Pancake Day - 4 weeks ago

. . . . and I'm trying not to have another one until Easter - so only just over 2 weeks to go :grin:

Does Easter start on Good Friday or Easter Sunday btw - anyone know? Not that I'm desperate for a drink or anything :whistle:

David Bailey
21st-March-2007, 04:52 PM
Does Easter start on Good Friday or Easter Sunday btw - anyone know? Not that I'm desperate for a drink or anything :whistle:
Easter starts on January 1st, judging by the confectionery sold in Tescos.

But if you're asking when Lent ends, I believe it last until Holy Saturday - the day before Easter Sunday. So you can get drunk on Easter Sunday, not before.

Mezzosoprano
21st-March-2007, 05:03 PM
Good Lord No! Can't drink and dance... I'm totally stupid when I drink and then I fall asleep!

StokeBloke
21st-March-2007, 05:13 PM
As I never drink and drive and as I drive to jive, I never drink and jive. My retarded dancing style is 100% me, and cannot be blamed on drink or drugs; unfortunately :rolleyes:

Astro
21st-March-2007, 05:16 PM
Have tried it, but alcohol seems to upset my balance:confused:

Usually go for a drink afterwards:wink:

Mythical
21st-March-2007, 05:18 PM
I know, you wouldn't believe it to see me dance but I don't drink and jive.

Only because I've got better things to spend my money on - I'm sure a nice Gin+It at the beginning of a freestyle would improve my dancing significantly! (well it couldn't make it any worse!)

Tiger Pants
21st-March-2007, 05:33 PM
Usually have a gin & tonic to relax, and then save the serious drinking for the APPs :innocent:

Substitute G&T for Bacardi & Diet Coke and that's me too !!!!!!:what: :what:

Yeah, whatever......I love to have a few drinks before a party night but never a class. I think a few drinks help me to relax but sometimes I spend too much time "relaxing" that I have problems walking to the party......always OK after a few glasses of water. I never do any complex moves so I think my style is fairly unaffected by drink.............there may be some who disagree tho' :whistle: :whistle:

Ghost
21st-March-2007, 05:36 PM
Easter starts on January 1st, judging by the confectionery sold in Tescos.

But if you're asking when Lent ends, I believe it last until Holy Saturday - the day before Easter Sunday. So you can get drunk on Easter Sunday, not before.
My understanding is that Christ officially died 3pm on Good Friday. At that point Lent is over - ie he wasn't in a state of preparation any more.

However Good Friday is a day of fast and abstinence so you'll have to wait till Saturday to get drunk.

It's been pointed out to me that Lent is usually longer than 40 days (his time in the wilderness) and so Christians can "claim back" the extra days. :whistle:

Twirlie Bird
21st-March-2007, 05:53 PM
Used to drink when I was a nervous newbie :sick: . Never to the point of being drunk though. That would have just been a very bad idea. Now I have more confidence I don't drink anything other than water or diet coke. I like to be completely in control of my body and my ability to move. :whistle: There is no way I can spin after a drink :really: .

I personally wouldn't put my trust into a lead who had been drinking too much either. :confused:

Double Trouble
21st-March-2007, 06:13 PM
Just me who gets wasted all the time then.

I'm usually bladdered by about 10 O'Clock (gives me a good excuse for my rubbish dancing):tears:

robd
21st-March-2007, 06:33 PM
I have a drink or few most times esp. if chauffeured.

It doesn't improve my dancing at all but it does make you feel as if you are dancing brilliantly.

Frankie_4711
21st-March-2007, 07:03 PM
Nope. I have imbibed alcoholic substances on, I think, 2 occasions (1 glass of wine on one occasion before a class night, and 2 or 3 glasses of wine on the other at a party) out of the 2-6 times a week that I have danced for the last two and a bit years, so I think that counts as 'Never' for my vote.

Cruella
21st-March-2007, 07:04 PM
I usually have a glass of wine. If i'm not driving however, then i'll have 2 or 3. If i'm at a weekender well............. um.. just a few Southern Comforts.
There was one competition though where my partner and I decided to get bladdered before the first round, funnily enough we didn't see the second round. :whistle:
I'm sure Simon R would remember the occasion well. :wink: Put him off DWAS for life .:blush:

foxylady
21st-March-2007, 07:08 PM
I enjoy a drink but rarely drink when dancing. If I drink wine and dance I end up feeling rubbish. I sometimes will have a whisky and ginger or JD and coke to loosen up at the beginning of a social evening. But the best time ever was dancing after drinking 'n' of SilverFox's Caipirinhias at the southport cocktail party (was that really 2 years ago!) - wow !! I was dancing on air !!

(I also get even more frisky when tipsy, so I'd be a bit of a liability on the dance floor)

Spin dryer
21st-March-2007, 09:19 PM
I never drink at my regular Fulham on a Thursday night, but I do drink on party nights. I must dance better when I've had a few as one of my regular partners tells me that she much prefers my dancing when I have.

Women certainly do get friskier when they have had a few drinks. If they are good dancers, it's very entertaining. If they're not, it can be awful.

I get the impression that a significant proportion of new dancers have a drink or two to give them confidence.

Yliander
21st-March-2007, 09:48 PM
not drink and jive for me - as it makes me feel all wobbly when I am spinning - although apparently it doesn't impact on my spinning

Rios Dearg
21st-March-2007, 10:25 PM
I never drink on normal nights as Im also driving.

Having said that, when Ive gone to party nights with my sis in Edinburgh and had a glass (or two) of wine before hand, I find that I worry less, relax a bit more, feel that I'm following better, stress less and just go with it more...

Whether I am actually dancing better is another matter....

:wink:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
21st-March-2007, 10:50 PM
I meant to pick occassionally. If I drink it is at party nights. x

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
21st-March-2007, 11:01 PM
Ooh I changed it. Thank you person who gave me rep and told me. x

sidney
22nd-March-2007, 10:54 AM
When I first started, I used to have a couple of wines to get up the courage, but after I struck to water as I found I did not get that pleasure of drinking and dancing together, so I save the drinking for weekenders and dance holidays where I can have some wine with your meals a couple of hours before you dance:cheers:

rubyred
22nd-March-2007, 11:46 AM
Generally I drink water when I am dancing. One thing I enjoy is when I am at a weekender is to have some alcohol around 4am, it is just such a novelty to have a bar opened until that time and I like to savour a nice glass or two of ice cold lager.:yum:

Beowulf
22nd-March-2007, 01:28 PM
Well as I don't drink anyway I stick to soft drinks if I'm dancing or not.

However with this darn leg problem of mine at the moment I'm not Jiving either..

so a resounding "No Never" from me then.

Trouble
22nd-March-2007, 06:20 PM
weekends are the killer for me. Normally first night over do it, dance like a complete mare all night, groping the boys and being frisky, then Saturday and Sunday night, a little pussy with a hangover.....

Same thing every time. :innocent:

Double Trouble
22nd-March-2007, 06:22 PM
a little pussy

I think at your time of life, that is somewhat wishful thinking:sick:

Trouble
22nd-March-2007, 06:24 PM
I think at your time of life, that is somewhat wishful thinking:sick:

listen mate... my pussy is the same now as it was when it was born. :innocent: unlike other pussys i could mention.!!! :na: :na: :na: :na: mind you it is going a bit thin in the hair department. must take it to the vets.!!! :)

dave the scaffolder
22nd-March-2007, 07:04 PM
Hel frigging lo. The trouble girls have sunk to the depths of the Belgrano yet again. Drinking and dancing? As a rule no. I do have a few at the weekenders but i am normally driving in the week so i dont bother. Dancing with a pis*ed woman is a nightmare as it would be the other way around. Mind you i am better at the blues if i have had a drink or twos. XXX XX
I is a poet and didnt know it.

JiveLad
22nd-March-2007, 07:57 PM

Don't forget this year that Good Friday is on a Thursday because it's the year before a leap year.

David Bailey
23rd-March-2007, 08:47 AM
Don't forget this year that Good Friday is on a Thursday because it's the year before a leap year.
OK, for the benefit of those of us in the cheap seats... huh? :confused:

Trouble
23rd-March-2007, 11:32 AM
. Mind you i am better at the blues if i have had a drink or twos. XXX XX

are you's?

Dirty D
25th-March-2007, 01:17 PM
Good to see the F.E.D.S are not slowing with the Drink & Jiving. It looks as if "all the time" catergory on the poll was designing for us. :grin:

fletch
26th-March-2007, 04:42 PM
I never drink n jive... I hate it, I don't like dancing with anyone who's had a drink either... I'm stupid and wacky enough without a drink, anyone who's seen me on a weekender knows that, can you imagine me with any kind of alcohol inside me... :really:

I walked off the floor at Camber on a guy who IMO had had to much to drink:angry: I didn't feel safe :mad:

Used to drink when I was a nervous newbie :sick: . Never to the point of being drunk though.
I personally wouldn't put my trust into a lead who had been drinking too much either. :confused:

i'm not anti drink:flower: even though I gave up 2nd January 2004 (again) :clap: some people are better when they have had a drink it relaxes them, others like me are/were a complete nightmare :tears: and there are some, like my ex in complete denial, first step it admitting it :cheers:

It doesn't improve my dancing at all but it does make you feel as if you are dancing brilliantly.
:rolleyes:

I never drink at my regular Fulham on a Thursday night, but I do drink on party nights. I must dance better when I've had a few as one of my regular partners tells me that she much prefers my dancing when I have.

Women certainly do get friskier when they have had a few drinks. If they are good dancers, it's very entertaining. If they're not, it can be awful.

I get the impression that a significant proportion of new dancers have a drink or two to give them confidence.

and they proberbly don't give a toss! :sad:

Lee Bartholomew
26th-March-2007, 05:01 PM
I walked off the floor at Camber on a guy who IMO had had to much to drink:angry: I didn't feel safe :mad:

I didn't drink at all at Camber.

I do have a tendancy to drink when Im in Hastings but only because I need the effects of alcohol to wash way the memories and pain of dancing down there.

I was shock to find out I drink more than the governments recomended guidelines. Have now drawn up my own set of guidelins and am purfectly safe.

Alcohol - The cause of, and solution to all lifes problems

Astro
26th-March-2007, 06:45 PM
Good to see the F.E.D.S are not slowing with the Drink & Jiving. It looks as if "all the time" catergory on the poll was designing for us. :grin:

You can pat me down any time Officer!:innocent:

jive_me
6th-April-2007, 11:41 AM
I hardly ever drink as I'm generally always driving. I'd tend not to drink on a regular night anyway, but might have one or two at a party. Not enough to get me slaughtered though.

A few weeks ago someone was so blind drunk she kept trying to dash onto the dance floor and take my partner off me. I was not the least bit impressed.

xXx:flower:

Dorothy
8th-April-2007, 03:50 PM
I love to drink & jive.
Loosens me up, lets the hips wiggle freely, and I smile more :nice:
But if I have too much, it all goes horribly wrong :sick:

Cruella
8th-April-2007, 09:14 PM
I was told last night (after my fourth glass of wine) that I danced better when I was drunk! :sick: :rofl: