PDA

View Full Version : The Tramp Has Landed In Aberdeen

Niall
16th-July-2003, 02:06 PM
Just thought I would let you know that The Tramp played his first set last night ... and what a set!!

After a dodgy start that included a Shania Twain track (shock...horror), he rose to the challenge and played an outstanding collection of tunes for the freestyle following the Intermediate Class.

The smiles at the end of the night indicated how much we enjoyed his set and look forward to many more over the next 5 years (whew...that long north of the border?)

Sandy
16th-July-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey how fab, Steve has joined us and like Niall said played some amazing music (I actually like Shania!). And I got the very first dance Steve had in Aberdeen:yum:

It was hot and sticky last night and as the two Sandra's had just come back from an amazing time in Glasgow, we were still on a high! I must be getting old cos I was shattered and although the mind was willing the legs were a bit slow!! However it was hard to sit down with all those great tracks.

Sandy:wink:

Curtain
16th-July-2003, 11:32 PM
Well done Steve!!

That Aberdeen lot are a fickle bunch and you seem to have whipped them into line already. Now they'll be expecting you to turn it on every week. Good luck man!!

xSalsa_Angelx
17th-July-2003, 08:50 AM
will look forward to hearing this great music next week steve, when i turn up to peterculter as promised :D

TheTramp
17th-July-2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys.

Sorry about the Shania, Niall. The first freestyle is mainly for the beginners though, and she is nice and easy to dance to. It's always the freestyle after the intermediate class where I can play the good stuff :wink:

Miss Angel. I'll look forward to meeting you. Come say hello (or at the freestyle on Saturday since I'll be there too). And I promise to try not to disappoint..... :rolleyes:

Steve

CJ
17th-July-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
The first freestyle is mainly for the beginners though,

It's always the freestyle after the intermediate class where I can play the good stuff :wink:

Way-hey, Trampy Boy!!

Just to reiterate your point here... it's a damn good one!!:wink:

I STILL need to remind some of the more experianced dancers that this is the case: the first freestyle session HAS to be for beginners to experiment and try out the moves from the lessons: hence, primarily slow (ish), solid beat recognisable tunes, getting gradually faster throughout the session...

Sandy
17th-July-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks guys.

Sorry about the Shania, Niall. The first freestyle is mainly for the beginners though, and she is nice and easy to dance to. :

Steve

With you being a beginner an all?????

:wink:

Deb
17th-July-2003, 12:32 PM
Not that beginner thing again!

xSalsa_Angelx
17th-July-2003, 01:15 PM

Miss Angel. I'll look forward to meeting you. Come say hello (or at the freestyle on Saturday since I'll be there too). And I promise to try not to disappoint..... :rolleyes:

Steve

Where is this Freestyle thing on Saturday? Is that the one at the Northern Hotel?

I thought it was just dancing at night, didn't know there was a workshop too. :mad:

Maybe see you there, only prob is i wont know what you look like unless you are in the DJ box :D

Franck
17th-July-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Where is this Freestyle thing on Saturday? Is that the one at the Northern Hotel?

I thought it was just dancing at night, didn't know there was a workshop too. :mad: Hi Salsa Angel,

The Freestyle the Tramp refers to is indeed the party at the Nortern Hotel, dancing between 8.00pm and 1.00am. It should be a brilliant night, with a higher ratio of men to women as Lorna is having her hen night :wink:

There are no workshops in Aberdeen that week-end, only a Beginners workshop in Perth if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to meeting you too,

Franck.

TheTramp
17th-July-2003, 03:24 PM

I thought it was just dancing at night, didn't know there was a workshop too. :mad:

Maybe see you there, only prob is i wont know what you look like unless you are in the DJ box :D Hello again Miss Angel.

Yeah. As Franck says, that's the one. What workshop were you thinking I was saying about though? I don't remember mentioning a workshop.

As said in a post somewhere else, I'm easy to spot. I'm the bald, fat, ugly one, who can't dance. I'll probably also be one of the ones that you've never seen before. Franck is DJing this weekend, though, I might be doing Aberdeen freestyles hereafter (though not in September, as I'll be down competing in the Jive Masters freestyle that weekend).

Steve

Chicklet
17th-July-2003, 03:34 PM
he is also easily spotted as the only man in Scotland performing neck drops on boys.:D

Sandy
17th-July-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Franck

There are no workshops in Aberdeen that week-end, only a Beginners workshop in Perth if anyone is interested.

There you go Steve, you could go to that one and then maybe with a wee bit practice go to an intermediate one soon after and then you could get rid of that beginner thing!:devil: :wink:

Sandy:grin:

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-July-2003, 11:14 AM
Hello again Miss Angel.

Yeah. As Franck says, that's the one. What workshop were you thinking I was saying about though? I don't remember mentioning a workshop.

As said in a post somewhere else, I'm easy to spot. I'm the bald, fat, ugly one, who can't dance. I'll probably also be one of the ones that you've never seen before. Franck is DJing this weekend, though, I might be doing Aberdeen freestyles hereafter (though not in September, as I'll be down competing in the Jive Masters freestyle that weekend).

Steve

Think there is a few fat bald ugly ones that go... :rofl:
Am sure you aint that bad :hug:

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-July-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi Salsa Angel,

The Freestyle the Tramp refers to is indeed the party at the Nortern Hotel, dancing between 8.00pm and 1.00am. It should be a brilliant night, with a higher ratio of men to women as Lorna is having her hen night :wink:

Looking forward to meeting you too,

Franck.

Hi Franck, Thanks for that, Yep I will be there, Ceroc is soooo addictive,
Hope i bump into you at some point so i can get a dance with you, don't beleive i had the pleasure of meeting you or dancing with you at the beach ball room,
Im easy to spot .... long red hair down to my ass, and will probably have a short denim dress on :D

CJ
18th-July-2003, 11:17 AM
Think there is a few fat bald ugly ones that go... :rofl:
Am sure you aint that bad :hug:

ARE there?

Anyway, bad? BAD?!? He's despicable!! But only when you ask him nicely!!:wink:

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-July-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
ARE there?

Anyway, bad? BAD?!? He's despicable!! But only when you ask him nicely!!:wink:

So you going then CJ..?? to the Northern Hotel.??

CJ
18th-July-2003, 11:29 AM
This Sat sees me rocking it out in Stourbridge!!:cheers: :devil:

Funnily enough, if I waaaas going, you'ld recognise me by the dark red hair down to my ass!!:D :D :D

Chicklet
18th-July-2003, 11:33 AM
Funnily enough, if I waaaas going, you'ld recognise me by the dark red hair down to my ass!!:D :D :D

and the lovely smell of baby shampoo if you get close enough:innocent:

TheTramp
18th-July-2003, 11:33 AM
Anyway, bad? BAD?!? He's despicable!! But only when you ask him nicely!!:wink: Damn you CJ. Letting out all my secrets :(

Just found out (last night), that I will be the DJ tomorrow night. So I should be easy to recognise. I'll be the one dancing all the time (since the music will be so good :na: )

Steve

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-July-2003, 11:34 AM
This Sat sees me rocking it out in Stourbridge!!:cheers: :devil:

you taking the p*ss CJ or do you really have long red hair..??:rolleyes:

CJ
18th-July-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
and the lovely smell of baby shampoo if you get close enough:innocent:

Chickie,

of ALL the smells I remember from the last time you took me close, baby shampoo isn't springing to mind!!:wink:

CJ
18th-July-2003, 11:36 AM
you taking the p*ss CJ or do you really have long red hair..??:rolleyes:

both:rofl:

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-July-2003, 11:46 AM
both:rofl:

you've lost the plot CJ :rofl:

Chicklet
18th-July-2003, 11:47 AM
red?????
:confused:

that's some mighty dark henna you be usin there boy

CJ
18th-July-2003, 11:50 AM
I was a little amused when you referred to it as black, the other night.

It is red. mmm, well, a very dark auburn, but the red comes out in sunlight. Also, for on stage, I have red stripes underneath my principle layers, which are usually only noticable when I'm headbanging or "throwing shapes" on stage. LOL...

All this coming from the Queen of the non matching cuffs........

Jayne
18th-July-2003, 12:08 PM
CJ,

your hair is closer to black than red!! What are you on about??!!

J :confused:

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-July-2003, 12:09 PM
just checked out your home page CJ but which one is you..??? dont see any red hair they all have black hair or as chickie says you have all been sharing the same bottle of henna :rofl: :rofl:

CJ
18th-July-2003, 12:19 PM
just checked out your home page CJ but which one is you..??? dont see any red hair they all have black hair or as chickie says you have all been sharing the same bottle of henna :rofl: :rofl:

Interesting: we have 1 blonde, 2 natural gings and 1 dyed, dark auburn with red bits underneath!!

Me? Longest, straightest hair.

In my defence, em, well, mmm, don't always use the same colour!! (And before DS starts..... it's NOT because I'm grey:rofl: ) so different photo's from different gigs will have different shades/tones/etc.....

I think there is only one natural light pic, and it's black and white so no help there then....

Anyway, back to DD's birthday.......:D

Sandy
18th-July-2003, 03:40 PM
Damn you CJ. Letting out all my secrets :(

Just found out (last night), that I will be the DJ tomorrow night. So I should be easy to recognise. I'll be the one dancing all the time (since the music will be so good :na: )

Steve

Can't wait, save a dance for me Steve, Please!:grin:

Franck does this mean we won't have the pleasure of your company?? Remember you promised a birthday dance:wink:

Sandy

Franck
18th-July-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Franck does this mean we won't have the pleasure of your company?? Remember you promised a birthday dance:wink: Oh no, I'll be there, wouldn't miss it for the world, but I thought I would give the new boy a chance to learn the trade :D I'll be on hand to give him a few tips as the night progresses and keep him right :wink:

Mostly, it gives me the chance to relax and dance a lot without worrying about the music, and the Tramp needs to buy furniture, so he needs the money :wink:

We'll definitely have a dance or 2 Sandy :nice:

Franck.

Sandy
18th-July-2003, 04:02 PM

We'll definitely have a dance or 2 Sandy :nice:

Franck.

i got it in writing!!! Can't wait:devil: :wink:

Well if the new boy keeps on track and plays good stuff like Tuesday he'll do fine!:grin:

Sandy:cheers:

Gadget
18th-July-2003, 06:39 PM
...and the Tramp needs to buy furniture, so he needs the money :wink:
Since when did he sit down?! And when is he not out dancing ?!
:D :na: :D

...during daylight hours I presume....

Andy McGregor
19th-July-2003, 12:36 AM
Mostly, it gives me the chance to relax and dance a lot without worrying about the music, and the Tramp needs to buy furniture, so he needs the money :wink:
Franck.

The Tramp doesn't need much furniture as I've still got almost all his belongings in my garage in Sussex. If I'm offered enough I could lock him in there when he comes down to pick up his other 3 shirts :devil:

TheTramp
20th-July-2003, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to say that I've now been in Scotland just over a week. And I'm having a great time. I knew before I moved that it was the right decision, and it's already been proved.

Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome, and for making it all so much fun.

Steve

Sandy
21st-July-2003, 10:15 AM

Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome, and for making it all so much fun.

Steve

Steve, great dj-ing on Saturday at Aberdeen party and thanks for playing some of my very favourite tracks:kiss:

Glad you came along as well Franck, just to keep the new boy in line!!:grin: Thanks for the birthday dances:wink:

Wasn't Lorna looking cute! and all her buddies though I think the guys would probably describe it as somethine else than "cute"!!:devil:

Great night

Sandy:wink:

Marlene
21st-July-2003, 02:42 PM
As one of Lorna's buddies on Saturday night, and dressed as a schoolgirl, it is quite enlightening to see the pleasure men get from seeing women dressed as schoolgirls!! Some of the comments were about 'making an old man very happy':really: , and being 'dressed as jailbait':innocent: and those were the printable ones. It was when we went to the pubs and clubs that we got the no holds barred comments and men feeling it was a licence to grab you:eek: , unfortunately it was the creepy ones that took the liberty to do that :(

It was a brilliant night and really good fun and I have the photos to prove it!!:cheers:

CJ
21st-July-2003, 02:58 PM
Just realised Marlene could be TT's long lost sister!! When you see them in their avatars, they are inseperable.....:D :rolleyes: