PDA

View Full Version : dll System 32

Missy D
20th-March-2007, 09:32 AM
Here i am being the Jessica Simpson of the PC World again. Everytime I switch on my computer it says that it is unable to locate the "dll component". What is this? Sis has simular but has the added problem of a "system 32" file missing. Do any of these have anything to do with installing only i cannot seem to install my new printer. What can we do to rid this message and make the pc run ok again?

Hoping someone can help me!

Dawn ~x~

StokeBloke
20th-March-2007, 12:14 PM
A DLL file (dynamic link library) is a file used by Windows and windows software to do stuff. When you install new programs to do stuff, the software will usually load some of these dll files to allow it to do its stuff. Some programs share these dll files, but if you uninstall a program it may remove the dll that is being shared by another program. This will stop the second program from doing its stuff, and cause it to shout 'HEY! Where'd my dll file go? I can't do my stuff'.

Search for and get a copy of the file on Google (make a note of it next time you boot, and the place the computer is expecting to find it; you mentioned the system32 folder). Put a copy of it into the windows/system32 folder and your software may be able to do its stuff again (although there are different versions of dll's and sometimes this can cause a little extra hassle). But for now, try that, see how it goes and report back :wink:

dee
23rd-March-2007, 10:12 PM
Im the one with the system 32 thing :sick: i also have a problem with a 'spooler' i have never heard of this, every time i try to print it says my spooler is switched off. I tried putting it back on but it still says its switched off. I have no idea how to sort all this out as im no computer geek. What would i be looking for on Google and where do i find the system 32 file??? sorry for being a total bonde and thanks for your help :love:

Missy D
24th-March-2007, 02:59 PM
where do i find the system 32 file??? sorry for being a total bonde and thanks for your help :love:

Since when have you been a bonde Dee:rofl:

Anyway try typing the system 32 thing in search - just a thought!!

Mine is all ok now and working brillianty - thanks to StokeBloke and Foxylady for your help and advice

dee
24th-March-2007, 05:21 PM
Since when have you been a bonde Dee:rofl:

Anyway try typing the system 32 thing in search - just a thought!!

Mine is all ok now and working brillianty - thanks to StokeBloke and Foxylady for your help and advice

Since i was born :innocent:

Glad yours is ok sis. I got in contact with mirosoft and they say they cant help me lol as the virus has deleted my C:\WINDOWS\System32\57.tmp file :sick:

Any advise other than a trip to the dump will be very much appreciated :grin: