PDA

View Full Version : It's a Funny Old World

StokeBloke
13th-March-2007, 01:50 AM
At the end of October last year TwirlieBird and I went to our first ever Ceroc night together. The usual venue was being used for an event so the evening was hosted in the upstairs rooms of the King's Hall in Stoke - The Jubilee Hall. It is the first and only time that we have danced in The Jubilee Hall, instead of The King's Hall. Until tonight.

Tonight TwirlieBird and me did our first ever shift as Taxi dancers! Only the King's Hall was being used for an event. So we did our first ever shift as Taxis in the hall we had our very first dance lesson. The usual teacher wasn't there, so we had a stand in... the same stand in who taught us our very first four moves. We then went out to do the review and found that we are sharing our shift with the guy who took us for our very first review too!!

A whole chain of circumstances led us to dance our first night as Taxis in the same environment that we took our first ever steps into the world of dancing in. For me it made it quite an emotional night, leading a lady who was there for her first ever time brought back lots of memories, and made me consider how far we have come since that fateful night last October.

Thank you to everyone who has helped us get this far. I know I was on the brink of throwing it all in on a couple of occasions, as I initially took to dancing like a fish to rollerskating. I would list the people who have helped me, but I don't want this to sound like an Oscar speech, and they know who they are.

Dreadful Scathe
13th-March-2007, 09:23 AM
but I don't want this to sound like an Oscar speech

too late :) and you didn't thank the academy i noticed :)

Gav
13th-March-2007, 09:40 AM
Isn't it just?
It was the forum that encouraged me to travel and meet people and thanks to the forum I met a great bunch of friends.

But more importantly, without the forum I never would have met Double Trouble. :awe::love::awe::love::awe::love::awe:

ducasi
13th-March-2007, 09:51 AM
It's a funny old world, but I don't think I'd want to watch it do stand-up.

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 09:54 AM
But more importantly, without the forum I never would have met Double Trouble.
I bet Franck's thinking just that... :rofl:

Double Trouble
13th-March-2007, 09:56 AM
I bet Franck's thinking just that... :rofl:

Best day of his life, meeting me.:D

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 09:58 AM
Best day of his life, meeting me.:D
Hold on, I need to change my vote again.

Jamie
13th-March-2007, 12:19 PM
That sounds like a really good night Stokie, and congratz on your first night as taxis!

My one year anniversary is coming up on the 21st of March, I tried to wangle it so I'd be teaching that night, but alas me Dad's coming up to teach so it should be a laugh anyway! :whistle:

Caz
15th-March-2007, 01:52 PM
My one year anniversary is coming up on the 21st of March, I tried to wangle it so I'd be teaching that night, but alas me Dad's coming up to teach so it should be a laugh anyway! :whistle:

mine too!!! can't wait.....it doesn't seem like a year tho.. it has gone by so fast ... can't wait for our 2nd year anniversary dancing... and 3rd, 4th, 5th etc etc...:clap:

StokeBloke
15th-March-2007, 02:18 PM
mine too!!! can't wait.....it doesn't seem like a year tho.. it has gone by so fast ... can't wait for our 2nd year anniversary dancing... and 3rd, 4th, 5th etc etc...:clap:
Ohhhhhhhhh no no no no!!! Don't start wishing your life away Caz :eek: Savour the flavour of every day and make 'em count :wink:

Before too long, you'll be like me, over the hill, facing the lonely twilight years of your life in a damp orthopaedic armchair in a nursing home. Your only joys in life are waiting to see Carol Vorderman on the TV in the afternoon, knowing that every day extra you manage to hang on the less inheritance your lazy assed kids will get their hands on and your weekly sponge bath whether you need it or not :tears:

The closest to dancing you'll get is negotiate past the Zimmer frame brigade in the dinning hall trying to dodge to the front so the mashed soogy swede is still semi-warm.

Gav
15th-March-2007, 02:28 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh no no no no!!! Don't start wishing your life away Caz :eek: Savour the flavour of every day and make 'em count :wink:

Before too long, you'll be like me, over the hill, facing the lonely twilight years of your life in a damp orthopaedic armchair in a nursing home. Your only joys in life are waiting to see Carol Vorderman on the TV in the afternoon, knowing that every day extra you manage to hang on the less inheritance your lazy assed kids will get their hands on and your weekly sponge bath whether you need it or not :tears:

The closest to dancing you'll get is negotiate past the Zimmer frame brigade in the dinning hall trying to dodge to the front so the mashed soogy swede is still semi-warm.

Ahh stop moaning and get back to your comfy chair grandad! :D :na:

Caz
15th-March-2007, 02:30 PM
Ahh stop moaning and get back to your comfy chair grandad! :D :na:

yeah LOL

not wishing life away... anything but at the moment...

just wanting to dance for many many many years to come!!!:grin:

Double Trouble
15th-March-2007, 02:33 PM
Your only joys in life are waiting to see Carol Vorderman on the TV in the afternoon, knowing that every day extra you manage to hang on the less inheritance your lazy assed kids will get their hands on and your weekly sponge bath whether you need it or not :tears:

:rofl: :rofl: :yeah: :respect: :respect: Have some rep you funny old tart.

Gav
15th-March-2007, 02:40 PM

Hang on, Carol Vorderman, weekly sponge bath. Doesn't sound so bad. nurse, I need a thorough scrubbing please :devil:

Double Trouble
15th-March-2007, 02:43 PM
Hang on, Carol Vorderman, weekly sponge bath. Doesn't sound so bad. nurse, I need a thorough scrubbing please :devil:

I've still got that outfit. I might put it on for you......if you are a very bad boy.:what: :what: :what:

whitetiger1518
15th-March-2007, 02:51 PM
DT,

Does that mean you are going to help him into the nurses outfit??

Piccies please:rofl:

Whitetiger

Gav
15th-March-2007, 02:55 PM
DT,

Whitetiger

You may regret saying that :what: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Double Trouble
15th-March-2007, 02:56 PM
DT,

Whitetiger

hehehe...! Gav....what do you reckon? Do you think you would look good dressed as a woman?:wink:

Gav
15th-March-2007, 03:00 PM
hehehe...! Gav....what do you reckon? Do you think you would look good dressed as a woman?:wink:

Probably not as good as some people I could think of, but I don't get much practice. :wink:

StokeBloke
15th-March-2007, 04:03 PM
You would need to find a scrubber for that Gav :whistle: :rofl: :rofl: