PDA

View Full Version : Who's attending what weekend 16 / 17 / 18 March 2007?

robd
12th-March-2007, 09:21 AM
Another week, another poll. Please reply with the word 'unsusbscribe' in the Subject line if you do not wish to receive future polls.

Good luck to all those competing at Blackpool (unless I don't like you in which case I hope you get disqualified for a daft technicality :devil: ) - would like to have gone to watch but not gonna make it this year.

Cruella
12th-March-2007, 09:31 AM
On a sabbatical! (Which means i'll be wasting time on here even more than usual :rolleyes: )

fletch
12th-March-2007, 09:35 AM
I have ticked all champs but i'm going to Utopia on Friday and then the Champs on Saturday :clap:

any chance of puting the Bromsgrove 't' dance on for Sunday please :flower:

Tiger Pants
12th-March-2007, 10:51 AM
then the Champs on Saturday :clap:

:

Good news Fletch.......I don't have to wait 'til June afterall for that dance....see you Saturday:kiss: :kiss:

fletch
12th-March-2007, 10:57 AM
Good news Fletch.......I don't have to wait 'til June afterall for that dance....see you Saturday:kiss: :kiss:

Yeah

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

there will be a few naughty 'Fletcherette's' with me to :whistle:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Groovemeister
12th-March-2007, 10:59 AM
Not going to St. Neots on friday as it's my wedding anniversary. I am sure I won't be missed though as there are going to be some great dancers turn up with Marc playing again.

chesham for me on Saturday though

MartinHarper
12th-March-2007, 11:25 AM
Fri - Utopia @ Evesham
Sat - games night
Sun - Duke's Place/Jazz Cafe @ Cheltenham

tsh
12th-March-2007, 11:41 AM
Warmwell, together with lots of people from Hatfield.

fletch
12th-March-2007, 11:42 AM
Fri - Utopia @ Evesham

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

someone to play with :worthy:

WittyBird
12th-March-2007, 12:58 PM
Sat - games night

Are you not bored of pass the parcel yet?:wink:

rubyred
12th-March-2007, 01:21 PM
I have ticked all champs but i'm going to Utopia on Friday and then the Champs on Saturday :clap:

:flower:
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday :flower:

Dizzy
12th-March-2007, 01:21 PM
and where's the option of "out celebrating St Patrick's Day" :whistle: (which is what I will be doing for the majority of the weekend :D )

fletch
12th-March-2007, 01:24 PM
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday :flower:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

seem ages :sad:

I will be shouting from the top of my voice for you honey, :respect: good luck :hug:

LMC
12th-March-2007, 01:27 PM
I hate Chiswick so much that I am sorely tempted to astound and amaze my sisters by actually getting off my arse and driving over to Bishops Cleeve on Saturday. John Baker DJ-ing at Walls in Gloucester on Saturday night has NOTHING to do with that of course. Oh no. Anyone know whether I need to prebook? - thanks :flower:

David Bailey
12th-March-2007, 01:31 PM
and where's the option of "out celebrating St Patrick's Day" :whistle: (which is what I will be doing for the majority of the weekend :D )
Blimey, what next, a Mother's Day option?

MartinHarper
12th-March-2007, 01:47 PM
Are you not bored of pass the parcel yet?:wink:

Not when I'm the parcel.

WittyBird
12th-March-2007, 01:48 PM
Not when I'm the parcel.

Wayhey! yeah baby :waycool:
Now where did I put the clingfilm.................

Caro
12th-March-2007, 01:48 PM
Intense tango workshops in Aberdeen this week-end... might come to the ceroc party on sat though to chill out :D

Tiggerbabe
12th-March-2007, 01:59 PM
might come to the ceroc party on sat though to chill out :D
That's where I'll be :D

fletch
12th-March-2007, 02:20 PM
Wayhey! yeah baby :waycool:
Now where did I put the clingfilm.................

:rofl:

I have a large roll:flower: (unused of cause:rolleyes: ) one day :tears:

SeriouslyAddicted
12th-March-2007, 02:24 PM
No dancing for me this weekend. Competing in a trampoline competition on Sunday so need to be in tip-top condition

Double Trouble
13th-March-2007, 12:02 PM
No dancing for me this weekend. Competing in a trampoline competition on Sunday so need to be in tip-top condition

There's a joke in there somewhere....just cant think of one at the moment.:wink:

sapphire
13th-March-2007, 12:32 PM
I'll be going to the Big Night in Exeter on Friday. Good luck to all those competing at Blackpool.

angelique
13th-March-2007, 02:05 PM
Saturday AND the night in a log cabin in a country park with hundreds of screamimg little girls to celebrate my daughter's 10 th birthday :eek:
Pink balloons, pink cake , pink everything :sick:

Oh my god...what did I agree to???

SeriouslyAddicted
13th-March-2007, 03:00 PM
There's a joke in there somewhere....just cant think of one at the moment.:wink:

Must be my innocent mind but :confused:

Little Monkey
13th-March-2007, 03:10 PM
Friday - home alone with crap tv. :what:
Saturday - home alone with crap tv. :(
Sunday - home alone with crap tv. :tears:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

angelique
13th-March-2007, 03:52 PM
Friday - home alone with crap tv. :what:
Saturday - home alone with crap tv. :(
Sunday - home alone with crap tv. :tears:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Come and join me in the log cabin Catherine.... loads of fun to be had....:waycool:

Little Monkey
13th-March-2007, 04:04 PM
Come and join me in the log cabin Catherine.... loads of fun to be had....:waycool:

:rofl:

Can I bring my collie dog? We can put a pink tutu on her, and make her do tricks?:D

jiveaddicted
13th-March-2007, 04:10 PM
Where's the option for i cant go to any of them cos ive got to work!!!!:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

jive_me
13th-March-2007, 04:16 PM
I have workshops all weekend :D should be fun

xXx:flower:

fletch
13th-March-2007, 04:22 PM
Where's the option for i cant go to any of them cos ive got to work!!!!:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

awww poor you,:flower: but you looked like you had fun at hammersmith :wink: :hug:

I have workshops all weekend :D should be fun

xXx:flower:

sounds fab :rolleyes:

:wink: :flower:

jiveaddicted
13th-March-2007, 05:17 PM
i did have great fun at hammersmith was a really nice surprise to find Sheena djing and she play a couple of versions of the jordan and tatiana song that i love!!!

Caz
15th-March-2007, 01:38 PM
will be a utopia virgin on friday night.....:nice:

blackpool on saturday to support any forumites who'll be there and to freestyle loads!!!

:clap: :clap:

David Bailey
15th-March-2007, 02:58 PM
DJs at Chiswick? Anyone know?

Jhutch
15th-March-2007, 04:42 PM

Fair enough - it is spring:)

MartinHarper
15th-March-2007, 05:38 PM
Anyone thinking of post-Evesham clubbing, or somesuch?

modchick
15th-March-2007, 05:46 PM
No dancing for me this weekend :really: am going for a city-break to prague :D

fletch
15th-March-2007, 08:24 PM
Anyone thinking of post-Evesham clubbing, or somesuch?

we have Blackpool on the Saturday morning:what: or I would:hug: we went to one last time and I had a fab time :clap:

WittyBird
15th-March-2007, 10:24 PM
DJs at Chiswick? Anyone know?

Tessalicous and Erick :worthy:

Rhythm King
15th-March-2007, 10:25 PM
My departure was delayed by a few days, so I will be here for the weekend now. I think I'll go to Chiswick. Otherwise it'll be packing central at Chez R-K this weekend :what:

Rhythm King
15th-March-2007, 10:28 PM
will be a utopia virgin on friday night.....:nice:

Don't you mean until Friday night? :wink:

David Bailey
15th-March-2007, 10:45 PM
Oi!

Forum!

DJs? Chiswick?

Who do I have to sleep with to get an answer around here, huh?

Lee Bartholomew
15th-March-2007, 10:51 PM
Will be doing a 400 mile round trip to swindon. Hope Rocky and Val are worth it.

Gav
15th-March-2007, 11:03 PM

Woodface. Do you still want to know? :na:

WittyBird
15th-March-2007, 11:30 PM
Tessalicous and Erick :worthy:

THink I'm invisible

Oi!

Forum!

DJs? Chiswick?

Obviously I am.

Tessalicious
16th-March-2007, 01:13 AM
Er yes, DJ, no need to shout, but it's me and Erick on the decks on Saturday. 'Im in the main room and me in the 'smooth' room.

Hope that helps (you to decide to come along, that is).

David Bailey
16th-March-2007, 09:12 AM
Er yes, DJ, no need to shout, but it's me and Erick on the decks on Saturday. 'Im in the main room and me in the 'smooth' room.

Yes - sorry WB I completely missed your reply :blush:

fletch
16th-March-2007, 09:20 AM

good luck guy's brake a legg :clap:

say Hi to the wonderfully funny and entertaning Eric for me :clap: he could be a 'Fletcherette' anytime :worthy: :rofl: :hug:

David Bailey
16th-March-2007, 09:40 AM
say Hi to the wonderfully funny and entertaning Eric for me :clap:
Errr... This is the same guy we're talking about? :wink:

he could be a 'Fletcherette' anytime :worthy: :rofl: :hug:
What, a rocket-propelled bullet designed to cause maximum damage? Well, fair enough... :confused:

Cruella
16th-March-2007, 09:42 AM
Errr... This is the same guy we're talking about? :wink:
What, a rocket-propelled bullet designed to cause maximum damage? Well, fair enough... :confused:

So where is your infraction for dishing out personal insults? :whistle:

David Bailey
16th-March-2007, 09:56 AM
So where is your infraction for dishing out personal insults? :whistle:
If I give one, I'd expect to be admonished for it.

detomo
16th-March-2007, 12:19 PM
Warmwell of course :)

ducasi
16th-March-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm maybe getting a haircut this weekend. That's trauma enough for a whole week.

DJ Andy
16th-March-2007, 10:01 PM
Our 'Showcase' dance on Saturday night - Adam and Tas are coming to teach and perform.:clap:

Minnie M
16th-March-2007, 10:20 PM
Our 'Showcase' dance on Saturday night - Adam and Tas are coming to teach and perform.:clap:

Wow!! Saturday Showcase in Portsmouth :clap: ALWAYS a great night, and we all love Adam & Tas (if I can drag someone to share the journey - might go myself)

MartinHarper
17th-March-2007, 02:26 AM
Utopia was very good tonight, and I was much happier with the music selection than last month. Nice dances, too. Mix of MJ and Lindy, lead and follow, all good.

I was very surprised how quiet it was. Must have been half as many people there as last month. I hope that's not a trend. :(

fletch
17th-March-2007, 07:45 AM
I was met with the warmest of welcomes, as I allways am with Debbie Attwood and her team.:flower:

I really enjoyed the music at Utopia last night, slow sultry, up beat, with musicality opportunities, and sing along, I thing this is what the Midlands needed.

Loved it Dave and OXO'S :clap:

it was nice to have friends around, Jmaie,Caz, StokeBloke, TwerlyBird, DianaS,DavidY,FirstMove,BARMPOT,Swerly, 2Tone.:hug:

:worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect:

:respect: :clap:
But the night goes to Martin Harper:clap: :respect:

Cruella
17th-March-2007, 12:58 PM
I went to St Neots last night (I know I wasn't supposed to be dancing this weekend:rolleyes: ) Marcs music was great as usual and it was lovely to see some of the 'London' crowd there. Sparkles, Foxylady, FoxyFunkster and Silverfox. Thanks Steve for all my dances :drool: Although the venue is lovely all I can say is FLOORCRAFT! Aaargh! Why is it that the floorcraft seems so much better at the London venues I go to :confused: Is it taught more down in the smoke?

David Bailey
17th-March-2007, 01:26 PM

OK, but what does "smooth" mean? Is that the New Blues / Chill Out?

If you look at Fresh (http://ceroc.com/fresh/), you see that the "smoove" room is "Blues and Latin". Which covers about 20 different genres...

If you then look more closely (http://ceroc.com/fresh/chiswick/), you see it's a

Chill Out Lounge in the adjoining second room

And then if you then look at the Ceroc diary (http://www.network.ceroc.com/Applications/CerocDotCom/EventsDiary/?scope=1&style=2), you see that it's a

Chill Out Lounge room playing smooth esoteric sounds.

By the time you try to understand what's actually going on, you absolutely need a Chill Out Lounge... :rolleyes:

{rant}
The good dancers you presumably want to attract with another room tend to be both more knowledgeable and more picky about their music. So if you're going to have a "non-standard music" room, it's really important to define what you're playing, and all this mucking around with names isn't making things any clearer.

Yes, I know I keep banging on about this, I'll stop as soon as Ceroc injects some consistency - they do it in everything else, why not here?
{/rant}

{sub-rant}
I really hate the word "smoove", it's tacky beyond measure, like "Nu".
It smacks of "Dad trying to use the cool words the young kids are using nowdays"...
{/rant}

Ah, I feel better now :D

SilverFox
17th-March-2007, 01:53 PM
Get over yourself Mr.James. For someone supposedly as knowledgable as yourself, you'll know what music you're getting as soon as you see who's DJing. Tess told you she was DJing, so guess what? Yes that's right, you'll be hearing the sort of music that... - Yes, here it comes - Tess would normally play in a 'Blues' or 'Chill Out' room. Likewise if I was playing there you'd know what to expect. ie. no Tango the second I saw you. :na:

Ceroc don't have to specify a damn thing on their promo material because they don't specify what they require the DJs to play. It is entirely up to each individual DJ to interpret the room as they see fit.

Anyhow aren't you're a bored, jaded, cynical, over-opinionated ex MJer who rarely gets off his arse to go to any of these places anymore?

Miguel
17th-March-2007, 02:00 PM
DJ, tonight are you:
1) Coming to Chiswick are hear some down beat ambient chill out tunes?
2) Going out on a St. Patricks's bash?
3) Staying in and watching Eurovision: Making Your Mind Up (BBC 1)?
Love to know.

Seahorse
17th-March-2007, 03:27 PM
...quiet night in for me as I've come down with a heavy cold after Thursday at Fulham - feel like crap - heart wants to go dancing but have been told to rest by the witchdoctor. Will probably end up painting a wall if the lemsip holds out.

Have a terrific night guys :wink:

David Bailey
17th-March-2007, 03:34 PM
DJ, tonight are you:
1) Coming to Chiswick are hear some down beat ambient chill out tunes?
2) Going out on a St. Patricks's bash?
3) Staying in and watching Eurovision: Making Your Mind Up (BBC 1)?
Love to know.
Does anyone read these polls?

robd
17th-March-2007, 04:38 PM
it was lovely to see some of the 'London' crowd there. Sparkles, Foxylady, FoxyFunkster and Silverfox.

How many foxes? Bring back hunting with dogs :D

Why is it that the floorcraft seems so much better at the London venues I go to :confused: Is it taught more down in the smoke?

Have you been to Ashtons??????? :rolleyes:

Twirlie Bird
17th-March-2007, 06:00 PM
My second Utopia and I loved it even more than the first one. The music was perfect. It was familiar and so much better than last time. Thanks Dave & OXO'S :respect:

Was great meeting more forumites and dancing with new faces. There was certainly many faces missing from last month but I guess that has a lot to do with Blackpool this weekend. Hopefully they will be back next time just to complete the perfection of Utopia. :whistle:

It was a great night though surrounded by friends. Special hugs to Fletch. Thanks honey.:hug: Had some amazing dances. The whole evening was friendly and I loved it. Credit to Debbie and her team. :worthy: :worthy:

Here's looking forward to the next one :clap:

Twirly Bird
-x-

StokeBloke
17th-March-2007, 06:04 PM
UTOPIA! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Wooooooo Hoooooooo! What a night I had at Evesham last night. The music which is soooo important to a blues night was absolutely brilliant! Thanks OXO and Dave, both sets were perfect. A few up tempo numbers to recharge, then back to sublime bluesy music. Not just a collection of 1950s lounge music either. Spot on. Thanks guys. It was a little quieter last night than the last one I went to. I thought the new table layout worked better - more storage space without encroaching onto the dance space. Temperature was perfect too.

I finally got to meet and dance with the infamous Debbie Attwood. Ohhh boy! Not a single word I had heard was an exaggeration! :flower: I also got to dance with an awesome dancer called Victoria. If you were there, she was all in black with a black hat on. If she reads the forum... hello and thank you!:worthy:

I had a wonderful time, and some brilliant dances with Twirlie Bird, Jaimie (no simulated sex though :(), Caz, Debbie, Martin and lots of people I didn't know. But top dance of the night was the lollipop dance I had with Fletch :drool: :worthy: :hug: :flower: :na: :whistle:

Thanks guys for all the hard work you put into making that an excellent night.

MartinHarper
18th-March-2007, 02:19 AM
But the night goes to Martin Harper

Aww, sweet.
In ten days time I'll be living in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, so I'll need to be more sober for three months. Nice to have a chance to play before departure.

Minnie M
18th-March-2007, 11:03 AM
Aww, sweet.
In ten days time I'll be living in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, so I'll need to be more sober for three months. Nice to have a chance to play before departure.

:eek:
Good News / Bad News

Bad News - we're gonna miss ya :tears:
Good News - WCS :yeah: :clap: :clap: can't wait for a dance when you get back :clap: :yeah:

I assume it is work - so I hope you have plenty of time off for dancing - enjoy your stay and don't work too hard :hug:

Freya
18th-March-2007, 04:43 PM
I had a Great time last night at the Aberdeen party.

Lots of messing about with Caro! :whistle: Thanx for the WCS-ish dances I'm sorry I was soooo Rubish hun!

It was great to Meet the Whale. Glad you made it...Your a fab lead already keep it up! Thanx for being a good sport with me and Caro! :wink:

Tiggerbabe The music was fab, great mix of tunes! Oh and thanx for the dances...especially our swap around!

All in All a good Night!

My first Tango molonga (or however you spell it!) Tonight! :eek:

Lynn
18th-March-2007, 05:17 PM
My first Tango molonga (or however you spell it!) Tonight! :eek:Milonga. Enjoy, don't put yourself under too much pressure. I felt like hiding in a corner at my first milonga but I didn't know anyone there (at all!) so I definitely wouldn't have got dances if I had. Have fun!

Tiggerbabe
18th-March-2007, 05:22 PM
I had a Great time last night at the Aberdeen party. Me too :D

It was great to Meet the Whale. Glad you made it...You're a fab lead already!
:yeah: Had a lovely dance with Mrs "the Whale" too :)

Freya
18th-March-2007, 05:38 PM
:yeah: Had a lovely dance with Mrs "the Whale" too :)
Yup Me too! and Caro...We Subjected The Whale to a swich follower dance so we decided it was only fair to do the same to Mrs The Whale only this time it was steal the lead!

robd
19th-March-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, I had a busy weekend in the end.

Fri - St Neots
I've always enjoyed St Neots because it's my local freestyle (Cambridge never has freestyle events, I guess because of lack of a suitable, affordable venue) and it's gone to another level with the recent addition of a 2nd room with Marc supplying the music. A few, familiar forum faces made the journey this time too and I don't know if they were disappointed or not but I certainly wasn't, especially when a certain surprise attendee appeared :love: . Lots of (almost) Tornados :rolleyes: and the occasional splash of WCS. Marc played on for 15 mins after billed closing time which was well appreciated too :respect: It's a shame DJ didn't make it - I would love to have seen how apopletic he would have got about the move that was taught in the icebreaker class and described as an Ocho.

Sat - Chiswick
This was a weird one. I took along my friend Ian who has never done any partner dancing to show him what it was all about so I deliberately left all my dance stuff at home so I wouldn't get on the floor all night and leave him stranded. This meant I had to refuse offers of dances and got some very funny looks when I explained my reasoning :confused: It was fun to watch for a while and Tessa's music was nice to listen to but there's only so much spectating a man can take.

Sun - Bisley WCS
First time I have been here (it's a LONG way :sad: ) but it was a very enjoyable afternoon. I enjoyed Paul Warden's teaching style and everyone was very friendly. As useful as the pattern lessons were it was just as important for me to get some social dancing practice in

Sun - Berko
Brain and feet still hurting from Bisley I decided to break the journey home with the last hour at Berko and am very pleased I did. Had some top dances and a nice bit of variety with some cha-cha and WCS alongside the jive. Blues room not too crowded and the usual quality music from Marc.

David Bailey
19th-March-2007, 11:11 AM
It's a shame DJ didn't make it - I would love to have seen how apopletic he would have got about the move that was taught in the icebreaker class and described as an Ocho.
Ooh, please share...?

robd
19th-March-2007, 11:16 AM
Ooh, please share...?

First move position, both partners opened out, each sweeps their outside footforward, out and around. I'd have described it as a tentative ronde. I've certainly never seen an ocho described thus.

David Bailey
19th-March-2007, 11:27 AM
First move position, both partners opened out, each sweeps their outside footforward, out and around. I'd have described it as a tentative ronde. I've certainly never seen an ocho described thus.
Heh, yes - in that every ocho involves crossing the feet over at some point, that's possibly what one might technically call a Lie. :rolleyes:

Ronde seems a good description - if you wanted to add The Glamour Of Tango, you could call it a Lapiz (http://www.tejastango.com/terminology.html#lapiz), of course :)

bigdjiver
19th-March-2007, 11:41 AM
First move position, both partners opened out, each sweeps their outside footforward, out and around. I'd have described it as a tentative ronde. I've certainly never seen an ocho described thus.I thought "Ronde" at the time.

Tessalicious
19th-March-2007, 12:59 PM
if you wanted to add The Glamour Of Tango, you could call it a Lapiz (http://www.tejastango.com/terminology.html#lapiz), of course :)Off topic, but I'm shocked by this definition from that website:

Planchadoras — The women who sit all night at the milongas without being asked to dance. The main reason for that, is because they don't know how to dance well enough. Yes, it may seem cruel but one of the many tango lyrics actually says something like, "let them learn as a consequence of sitting all night.":really: shocked, I tell you, shocked.

David Bailey
19th-March-2007, 01:10 PM
shocked, I tell you, shocked.
Well, indeed - the overuse of commas in that text is just criminal.

Caz
21st-March-2007, 05:39 PM
First Utopia on 16 March.. fantastic night. :clap: thanx to everyone for making me feel so welcome - esp Popps (even tho i was amazed he knew my name .. forgetting i was wearing my Fletcherette T-shirt with my name plastered on the back of it :whistle: )

Loved it Dave and OXO'S :clap:

it was nice to have friends around, Jmaie,Caz, StokeBloke, TwerlyBird, DianaS,DavidY,FirstMove,BARMPOT,Swerly, 2Tone.:hug:

:respect: :clap:
But the night goes to Martin Harper:clap: :respect:

Yeah fab to see so many people again - esp to meet DianaS, TwirlieBird and StokeBloke again.. Also to see FirstMove there - thanx for my wicked dances!!

Aww, sweet.

Will miss my dances with u MartinHarper... glad we got chance to dance at Utopia tho - thank u for letting me lead u again :flower: