PDA

View Full Version : Hammersmith 10th March - reviews

Lory
11th-March-2007, 10:22 AM
DJ; will we see you at hammersmith tonite?
Well, what was Hammers like in the end... what did I miss? :flower:

fletch
11th-March-2007, 10:53 AM
Hammersmith

where to start, at the beginning I guess,:rolleyes: me and Jamie made good time and decided to go to the pub for a drink first, but then got stuck in traffic,:sad: which meant I needed the loo so bad I abandoned the car and had to go down an entry,:sick: ended up getting to the venue early, as Jammy and WayayBird were putting up the decorations, 1st in as usual.:flower:

Frank and Sheena appeared on stage and looked awesome,:hug: Sheena :eek: Scottish flags on your dance shoes:worthy: and yes Frank I did need to find out for myself if you are a true Scotsman (he is girls) :whistle:

I was expecting to see Annette on the deck's :flower: and when she didn't appear I thought no:tears: but no need, sorry I don't know the guy DJing name :blush: but the music was brilliant, he played Boogie wonderland Earth Wind and Fire, and my request 'The Snake' Thank you :respect:

I really felt I needed a good bop last night so spent most of it upstairs,:na: I did venture downstairs to que for my dance with Frank:what: but then caught sight of SpikeySteve:drool: thank you for the wonderful dances,:flower: you have a unique funky style, good luck to you and Alexy Miss at Blackpool I will be cheering you on, your a proper bloke. :respect: Just a shame I didn't get to dance the track I really wanted to dance with you to.:devil: :blush::innocent: :flower:

ho yes! were was I:confused: queuing for Frank,:rolleyes: my dance was OK I suppose :rolleyes: :D :worthy:

back up stairs, Desmond ripped my top off :eek: where were the 'Fletcherette's' when I need them, :( no where in sight,:mad: thank you Erica for standing in,:D good excuse for a catch up.:hug:

I had some lovely dances Dai I think you are getting over your embarrassment with UPC,:blush: there were about 3 guys casually glancing into the crowd when we started dancing, and about 25 watching by the end.:rofl: have a good time skiing we will miss you and we will try not to have to much fun while you are away.:hug:

'Jamie' and 'Paul SWAS' I don't need a fella when I have you two to dance with:devil: you boy's are sooooo naughty:blush: :respect:

In the words of the late grate Dick Emery, 'you are awful but I like you':worthy:

Missed dancing with my number one guy 'Shay' :tears: but his understudy did rather well, thank you Mr Simon Borland,:D :respect: and I will try and get to the Hippodrome on one of the bank holiday Mondays.:yeah:

I had a fab, fun, dance with David Bradley, I going to grab you every time from now on (loved the dimples) :hug:

Witty I loved the hair, and nice to see you dancing and smiling again :clap:

I did however have an inapropriate move done on me,:eek: i'm not going into detail at this point,:sick: im saving it as a 'get out of jail free card':D you know who you are.:devil:

Almost forgot my tom-tom and dress from Friday night (I always seem to forget something) :really:

Last ones to be kicked out :cheers:

Sparkles
11th-March-2007, 11:18 AM
Hammersmith was another good night, somehow the nights with the blues room seem to appeal to me, even if it gets crowded downstairs. Everyone was in a good mood - maybe this is the effect the Scots have on us :wink:.

Lovely dances with so many people :flower:, and really nice to see David and Lily out and about again - you both work too hard! Franck and Sheena were wonderful as always :worthy: :respect:. Thank you to everyone who was patient with me while I tried out my new toy - I hope I wasn't too annoying snapping away :blush:.

Photos:
Sheena and KevF
Mrs Under Par and Rocky
Zebra Woman and robd
Sheena on the decks

Sparkles
11th-March-2007, 11:23 AM
A few more photos:
Franck and Wittybird
Mrs Under Par and Silverfox
Tessalicious' legs :drool: *ahem* :blush:
Tessalicious and me :o

:cheers:

David Bailey
11th-March-2007, 01:04 PM
Hammersmith - a sporrans-eye view review

The Good:
Franck's kilt had plenty of room to hide in, despite the many famous forumites sneaking along Refusal Row trying to see up it - don't think I didn't spot you doing it, coz I did :rolleyes:

And let's not even mention the curious glances every time he span... :eek:

Sheena's outfit as also very nice :yum:

The "traditional scottish class" was a bit weird, I was expecting dosedos or whatever they're called, but it was more arms and walking back and forward.

But the Ceilidh demo after made up for it :clap:

Jamie and Paul's dance caused a stir, lots of straight-faced women with mouths open :rofl:

Also, lovely to see Tessa and Mr and Mrs LatinLover there :clap:

And I noticed the presence of Mr Long, despite all his "Hammersmith? Too predatory" comments :wink:

The Blues Room was great, although it got very busy towards the end - bit too busy, to be honest, barely room to swing a haggis.

The Bad:
- The queue for the ladies' loos - not that I did, but I heard about it. How difficult can it be to have more than 2 loos working? :rolleyes:

- The price: I'm sorry, but charging extra for a plastic cup of Irn Bru and a biscuit, well that takes the, err, biscuit. The phrase "rip-off" may have passed my lips once or twice...

Caro
11th-March-2007, 01:06 PM
...Frank I did need to find out for myself if you are a true Scotsman (he is girls)

Franck I am so disappointed with you...:( abandoning your origins like that... you're a disgrace.

Hell I'm so disappointed I might even change my sig now... :wink:

Go France!!!

David Bailey
11th-March-2007, 01:08 PM
Go France!!!
Where?

Caro
11th-March-2007, 01:17 PM
Where?

how about Twickenham this afternoon :na:

why do I have a feeling that Mr James will once again use of his super-thread-splitting powers... :whistle:

Sparkles
11th-March-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh, forgot to mention - prize for best dress of the night has to go to Top Bird :worthy: - you looked beautiful :awe:

Gus
11th-March-2007, 02:13 PM
Hammersmith - a sporrans-eye view review
The Bad: - The price: I'm sorry, but charging extra for a plastic cup of Irn Bru and a biscuit, well that takes the, err, biscuit. The phrase "rip-off" may have passed my lips once or twice...And yet still you paid, as did many hundreds of others. Don't quite understand the mentality of paying the price THEN complaining. If the venue is still packed sounds like the Management have priced the event appropriately.

Cruella
11th-March-2007, 02:20 PM
And yet still you paid, as did many hundreds of others. Don't quite understand the mentality of paying the price THEN complaining. If the venue is still packed sounds like the Management have priced the event appropriately.

DJ's far more astute than the rest of us, he misses out the middle man. He just complains without attending. :rolleyes:

mooncalf
11th-March-2007, 02:46 PM
And yet still you paid, as did many hundreds of others. Don't quite understand the mentality of paying the price THEN complaining. If the venue is still packed sounds like the Management have priced the event appropriately.

No. The way to judge is whether they come back next time.

Gus
11th-March-2007, 02:55 PM
No. The way to judge is whether they come back next time.Fair point ... but want to bet me that the venue will be empty next time? :rolleyes:

fletch
11th-March-2007, 02:56 PM
as did many hundreds of others.

Not every one is complaining, I thought it was value for money
:flower:

Jamie
11th-March-2007, 05:31 PM
I needed a bounce about last night... Was in Super Tampax Mode! Had some wicked dances including a fantastic dance with Franck... Also managed to grab Sheena off the decks for a lovely dance :awe:

Thanks to everyone for my dances...

Could have done with the "monday morning lot" from SP... I was Hyper-Like-A-Freya last night... In fact, I still haven't slept yet!! Still buzzing...

Hammersmith's been the best night for me in a long while! I was back to being "Jamie" again... Something I haven't been since Camber for not wanting to upset anyone... Then I just thought, oh **** it! Do I give a *****..? Not really.

See you all at the next one!

Edit! - Oh, didn't Sheena look fab? Loved the outfit babe! XXX

Minnie M
11th-March-2007, 05:39 PM
... Was in Super Tampax Mode........
:confused:
hadn't heard that one :blush:

Glad to hear you are back on form Jamie :yeah: :hug: :kiss: :clap:

StokeBloke
11th-March-2007, 06:12 PM
:confused:
hadn't heard that one :blush:

full flow

Dai
11th-March-2007, 06:21 PM
Well it was my first ever Hammersmith night, i didn't really know what to expect, i had simply been told it was to be an awesome night, with fab dancers there, and one i shouldn't miss if i could help it.

So doing as i was told, i obiedently followed Fletch's instructions "You will go to Hammersmith" and as predicted, it was a fab night, and i had lots of great dances.

Yes Fletch i seem to be getting over my issues with UC&P or "UPC" as you put it!! Thanks for the dances, they were a pleasure as always.

I also had several dances with Jamie, Paul, and Elliot, for me the evening is never the same if you don't have the opportunity to throw boys around a bit!

I had my first ever dance with Rocky, :worthy: what a lead!!

A couple of lovely dances with Underpar and Miguel - yes i was lead - by more than one guy :eek:

I managed to grab Sheena off the decks, and Tessalicious grabbed me for a dance, when i realised she lead i wanted to ask her to lead me, but she was never free when i was :tears:.

I also had lovely dances with Pawplay, Witty, Dizzy, and Cruella... I'm sorry for those who i haven't mentioned, but just to let you know - i don't think i had a bad dance all night.

All in all my first trip to Hammersmith was a sucess and the first of many i hope.

fletch
11th-March-2007, 06:27 PM

Yes Fletch i seem to be getting over my issues with UC&P or "UPC" as you put it!! Thanks for the dances, they were a pleasure as always.

Glade I was able to pleasure you honey :whistle: :flower:

Minnie M
11th-March-2007, 06:32 PM
full flow

Wish I hadn't asked now :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

fletch
11th-March-2007, 06:33 PM
Wish I hadn't asked now :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Minni you should know what we are like by now :rofl:

Dai
11th-March-2007, 06:35 PM
Glade I was able to pleasure you honey :whistle: :flower:

:devil:

Jamie
11th-March-2007, 06:41 PM
So doing as i was told, i obiedently followed Fletch's instructions "You will go to Hammersmith" and as predicted, it was a fab night, and i had lots of great dances.

I had my first ever dance with Rocky, :worthy: what a lead!!

A couple of lovely dances with Underpar and Miguel - yes i was lead - by more than one guy :eek:.

Check you out following!

I also had several dances with Jamie, Paul, and Elliot, for me the evening is never the same if you don't have the opportunity to throw boys around a bit!

All in all my first trip to Hammersmith was a sucess and the first of many i hope.

Thanks for my dances babe, they were wicked as always! - You're another one who's stolen my "Arm-Roll Tit-Grab"... :tears:

Shame you're buggering off to France... Will grab you when you're back tho!

Dai
11th-March-2007, 06:49 PM
Shame you're buggering off to France... Will grab you when you're back tho!

...You're another one who's stolen my "Arm-Roll Tit-Grab"

what, you will grab me, or my tits?? :eek:

Jamie
11th-March-2007, 06:50 PM

Depends... maybe both, I have two hands u know. :whistle:

fletch
11th-March-2007, 06:51 PM

it will make a change from mine :rolleyes:

David Bailey
11th-March-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh, forgot to mention - prize for best dress of the night has to go to Top Bird :worthy: - you looked beautiful :awe:
I personally preferred Cory's outfit :wink:

And yet still you paid, as did many hundreds of others.
Nope, I snuck in under the kilt*, didn't you read my review? :tears:

*Although of course that had its own peculiar cost...

DJ's far more astute than the rest of us,
This is indeed true.

He just complains without attending. :rolleyes:
Complains? Blimey, I put 9 good points and two bad points - how's that a complaint? By my standards, that's a glowing review...

Seriously, both complaints were factually-based; it was more expensive, for not very much extra, and the loos were knackered. On balance, it was worth it to see the outfits of Sheena (and Cory :drool: ), however :)

fletch
11th-March-2007, 09:02 PM
Nope, I snuck in under the kilt*,
so that was what I felt :what:

robd
12th-March-2007, 08:50 AM
I had a good night at Hammersmith though overall it seemed quieter than previous events. Not sure I will ever get a taste for Irn Bru though. Arrived a little later than expected but this was fortuitous as someone vacated a parking spot just outside the building as we turned in :clap: Quite a chilled evening of dancing really and I loved the blues room floor - lovely and slidey :grin:

Twirly
12th-March-2007, 12:52 PM
Well I had a good night at Hammersmith – but then I normally do. :nice:

It was lovely that it wasn’t quite so crowded as the last couple of times I’ve been, and was nice and cool when I arrived. I was disappointed not to make the class, but my friend and I just couldn’t get there in time.

I even managed a little time downstairs in the Blues room this time. (I figured it was the best place to find forumites – though I did pluck up the courage to go and introduce myself to Fletch upstairs :nice: .) I'm not very good at asking people to dance there though. I get too nervous unless I already know the person.

It was great to catch up with the people I already know – though there were clearly a lot of forum folks there whom I’ve yet to meet and never seem to. :tears: I need some more introductions please! :flower: Had a wonderful dance with Franck – and thank you for the lovely feedback, it made my evening :D

The toilet situation was most annoying – I heard that there was a problem with the electrics in the usual ones, so I guess that it couldn’t be helped. :(

fletch
12th-March-2007, 01:22 PM
I did pluck up the courage to go and introduce myself to Fletch upstairs :nice: .)
The toilet situation was most annoying – I heard that there was a problem with the electrics in the usual ones, so I guess that it couldn’t be helped. :(

:flower:

I will introduce to every one I know next time babes :hug:

there was a problem with the electrics in the toliets,:what: I didn't know there was a problem with the lack of toilets till I came out from getting changed, to see some not the happy faces, I think I had taken a bit to long :(

sorry :blush:

wayaay bird
12th-March-2007, 09:13 PM
I had a fantastic night. Best night i've had in a while.
Enjoyed both Mas and Sheena's music. I felt it got quiet quicker then usual or maybe thats just coz it went on till 2am but The space was great.

I dont think £12 was unreasonable at all considering the second room does cost extra money and there was a time extension!

Finally got a dance with jamie and looking forward to plenty more. :flower:

Tiggerbabe
12th-March-2007, 11:42 PM
I had a great night :D and got Irn Bru :D

The Blues room floor was just brill and I managed to get in much more dancing than last time (thanks to Rocky :hug: ) Lots of my favourite boys were there, even David B :clap: great to see him and Lily again.

The evening started on a high with Franck's Scottish class, it was great fun! Watching everyone's faces as he was spinning was priceless, it's a high stage at Hammersmith :blush: Watching Cruella's face as she and Franck had "that" dance later on, was even better :wink:

Lasting memory will be Dave, Val and then Bradders "shakin' their thang" to Georgy Porgy :respect:
Oh and Vince, thanks for the biscuit around 1am - perfect timing!

Thanks to everyone I danced with - great night!

Cruella
13th-March-2007, 08:49 AM
Watching Cruella's face as she and Franck had "that" dance later on, was even better :wink:
It wasn't my face I was worried about everyone watching!
:blush:

jiveaddicted
13th-March-2007, 04:21 PM
A few more photos:
Franck and Wittybird
Mrs Under Par and Silverfox
Tessalicious' legs :drool: *ahem* :blush:
Tessalicious and me :o

:cheers:

Tessalicious' Legs and Me :nice:

I was a very happy boy after that dance and also later on when i grabbed her for another and made her squeal :wink:

M :nice:

jiveaddicted
13th-March-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh and Fletch the pringles are still pristine :wink:

fletch
13th-March-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh and Fletch the pringles are still pristine :wink:

harrrr but what about the FCUK :wink: I bet there FCUK'ED :wink: :D

jiveaddicted
13th-March-2007, 04:49 PM
I dont know what your trying to say but its slander i tell you :wink:

tiger
13th-March-2007, 07:48 PM
Did anyone see DJ at hammersmith? Or was it just an illusion?

Cruella
13th-March-2007, 07:54 PM

I think he's telling porkies, no one seemed to have seen him. Maybe he was in disguise, wearing a bandana, so he didn't get shot.

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 08:30 PM
I think he's telling porkies, no one seemed to have seen him. Maybe he was in disguise, wearing a bandana, so he didn't get shot.
Look, I keep telling you all - I snuck in under the kilt, OK? And that wasn't the easy option, believe me.

At this rate, you'll be doubting I even went to the Hippodrome disguised as a button on Simon Borland's waistcoat... :rolleyes:

WittyBird
13th-March-2007, 08:32 PM

Yep I saw him... then breathed a sigh of relief when I realised it was someone else :na: :na: :na: