PDA

View Full Version : Intro Game 2 (TV)

Dreadful Scathe
10th-July-2003, 10:39 PM
If you need something to do today. Heres a music test a la Tramp - theres 10 pieces of music.

1st 5 are childrens programs

2nd 5 are intros from 70s and 80s TV programs

Name them all.

As usual though PM me rather than post answers - hope they're not too easy. Ill make the next lot harder if they are :).

download and have a go......

Dreadful Scathe
11th-July-2003, 11:02 AM
Apologies if the file is too big, hope some of you get time to have a go at the weekend if you have to wait for the download :) If theres enough people I may offer a prize ;)

Lou
11th-July-2003, 11:18 AM
I've had a listen - some of them are very tricky! I'll have to only PM you my best guesses...:what:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-July-2003, 02:01 PM
So, results so far. After wading through the responses, all 2 of them. The scores so far are:

Ceroc Jock : 6

Beowulf1970 : 6 and a half

(Beowulf gets a half for describing the tv program, its main star and plot but not remembering the name)

c'mon Lou - you can beat that :)

Claire
13th-July-2003, 03:31 PM
I have had fun trying to work them out but have also been driven nuts by the ones that are on the tip of my tongue!!!

Claire
13th-July-2003, 05:48 PM
~wishes she hadn't looked at this thread having realised she has got one of the answers she sent wrong and had to sign back in again to get it changed

Where did my Sunday go to???
:rofl:

Emma
13th-July-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Claire
had to sign back in again to get it changed That's what they all say ;)

Where did my Sunday go to???
:rofl: Want me to take a wild guess? :D

I am bringing in reinforcements before I pm in my pathetic attempt :grin:..I reckon someone should do a quiz on old radio4 theme tunes, because for some bizarre reason I am good at them :)

Claire
13th-July-2003, 07:37 PM
blimey...... now I am late for dancing

:what:

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dreadful Scathe
13th-July-2003, 08:04 PM
Scores so far

Dance Demon : 5

Claire : 7

...just proves its not THAT hard. :)

Thanks Claire for wasting your Sunday - you're in the lead so its all worth while :).

Feel free to send updated answers (the 4 of you who have answered so far)- Ill probably let this run till Wednesday and let someone else post a new one if they want :).

Emma
13th-July-2003, 11:04 PM
blimey...... now I am late for dancing
Claire. Don't blame the quiz....you're ALWAYS late for dancing! :wink:

Claire
13th-July-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Scores so far

Dance Demon : 5

Claire : 7

...just proves its not THAT hard. :)

Thanks Claire for wasting your Sunday - you're in the lead so its all worth while :).

Feel free to send updated answers (the 4 of you who have answered so far)- Ill probably let this run till Wednesday and let someone else post a new one if they want :).

WEDNESDAY?????????? Oh my goodness.... how on earth am I to get any work done if I spend the next three days trying to find the three I don't know yet???

Originally posted by Emma
Claire. Don't blame the quiz....you're ALWAYS late for dancing! :wink:

moi? late for dancing? always?...... hehehehe

Emma
13th-July-2003, 11:39 PM
moi? late for dancing? always?...... hehehehe OK, I grant you..you were on time the other week but we were all *worried* about you babe..why is Claire here on time? We said..what's wrong? we said...hee hee hee hee hee :cheers:

Claire
13th-July-2003, 11:44 PM
OK, I grant you..you were on time the other week but we were all *worried* about you babe..why is Claire here on time? We said..what's wrong? we said...hee hee hee hee hee :cheers:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
cheeky sod!
I know I was on time...... the reason being I was ......... eerrrrr..............eeerrmmmmmmm......... hhhmmmmm...... I want to say organised enough to have got myself there on time but actually it was cos i got a lift..... hehehehehe
and can you tell no lift this week? cos i was late again
(doesn't like being tied to time.... you know that....lol)

Emma
14th-July-2003, 09:08 AM
cheeky sod! <--- See subtitle :hug: :grin:

Graham
14th-July-2003, 10:01 AM
I reckon someone should do a quiz on old radio4 theme tunes, because for some bizarre reason I am good at them :) okay here's one for you:

Tum te tum te tum te tum
tum te tum te tum tum
Tum te tum te tum te tum
tum te tum te te tum

Chicklet
14th-July-2003, 10:11 AM
that's not OLD, that's current!!!

Poor Helen BTW, she doesn't have a lot of luck really does she??

DavidY
14th-July-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet

Poor Helen BTW, she doesn't have a lot of luck really does she?? My personal theory is that Tony is working too hard and about to drop down with a heart attack (eg. wife-carrying perhaps).

Graham
14th-July-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet

Poor Helen BTW, she doesn't have a lot of luck really does she?? It may be current but it's still old! Even older than you, Chickie!! :devil:

Haven't heard it for a couple of weeks - what's happened to her?

Emma
14th-July-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Haven't heard it for a couple of weeks - what's happened to her? Her boyfriend is a miseryguts? :)

Chicklet
14th-July-2003, 02:04 PM
and he just doesn't know when he's on to a good thing!!!

she's been nothing but wonderful to him and he should show her a bit more appreciation!!

Emma
14th-July-2003, 02:07 PM
...if he doesn't bore himself to death first.

Brenda's going to make a fool of herself again isn't she..tsk, that girl...

And who is Foursquare? I've missed a lot. I'm excited (*ahem*) by a messageboard plot...*lol*

DavidY
14th-July-2003, 03:11 PM
And who is Foursquare? There was some non-speaking character who sent poison pen letters a while ago ?Derek Fletcher? My money's on him....

Dance Demon
14th-July-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
There was some non-speaking character who sent poison pen letters a while ago ?Derek Fletcher? My money's on him....

Maybe it was ....Miss marple!!!!!..........God forbid:rolleyes:

Emma
14th-July-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Maybe it was ....Miss marple!!!!!..........God forbid:rolleyes: Don't be daft...Miss Marple is a fictitious character.....tsk.

Dreadful Scathe
15th-July-2003, 11:37 AM
will post up the answers tommorrow :) it was all soooo easy too :)

CJ
15th-July-2003, 12:03 PM
:D

Dreadful Scathe
16th-July-2003, 04:14 PM
Alright doodz... Looks like Claire wins then....:)

Answers were

1. Inspector Gadget
2. Flipper
3. Bagpuss (trick question as it was the mice singing)
4. The Smurfs
5. Danger Mouse

6. The Fall Guy
7. Starsky and Hutch
8. Magnum P.I.
9. Incredible Hulk
10. Batman

Someone else wish to do a quiz ? If not ill post another one at the weekend and make it a much smaller file :).

Claire
21st-July-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Alright doodz... Looks like Claire wins then....:)

Someone else wish to do a quiz ? If not ill post another one at the weekend and make it a much smaller file :).

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
~dances around the room
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Would love to try another quiz...... (too many wasted days watching tv as a child)

..... bring it on!!!

Dreadful Scathe
21st-July-2003, 02:44 PM
Im a bit busy just now, but ill see about doing another quiz this week sometime :)

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 02:39 PM
Am away for weekend, now, so be nice!!

Any chance of round 2?