PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Shop help!!!

Yliander
8th-March-2007, 09:37 PM
I am need of new shoes - and want to go to a shop and try some shoes on as I'm thinking of trying a different style to what I currently have - and despite much googling - I haven't managed to find a real shop where I can try on some shoes.

Hoping that someone here can help me :flower: :flower: :flower: out with a location of as real shoe shop either in Reading area or London - easily accessible by tube that stocks supadance shoes

LMC
8th-March-2007, 10:01 PM
A whole list of 'em here :)

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/7151-dance-shoe-shops-hemel-central-london.html

PM me if you're coming into town mid-week, we'll do lunch :D

ducasi
8th-March-2007, 10:47 PM
[...] if you're coming into town mid-week, we'll do lunch :D
Should she get her people to call your people? ;)

LMC
8th-March-2007, 10:51 PM
[deliberately obtuse]

Nah, she should just PM me :innocent:

Yliander
8th-March-2007, 11:13 PM
A whole list of 'em here :)

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/7151-dance-shoe-shops-hemel-central-london.html

PM me if you're coming into town mid-week, we'll do lunch :D Thanks for that - I wish I could come to town mid-week - sadly it's going to a case of trying to fit in on Saturday between a bridal dance lesson, hairdressers and acupunturist!!

why do they always change the colour/style of shoes when you just wnat to be able to order your shoes!!!!

spindr
8th-March-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks for that - I wish I could come to town mid-week - sadly it's going to a case of trying to fit in on Saturday between a bridal dance lesson, hairdressers and acupunturist!!

why do they always change the colour/style of shoes when you just wnat to be able to order your shoes!!!!
I've bought shoes from "Dancer's World & Swimscene" at Blackwater, near Camberley in the past.

There's also "Tutu to Tango" in Basingstoke (http://www.thedancersshop.co.uk/).

Hope that helps,
Neil

drathzel
9th-March-2007, 12:25 AM
i know there is a freed shop in covent garden! but other than that sorry. You should have tried some one on sunday when we called into seksi dancewear at storm!

Yliander
9th-March-2007, 08:44 AM
i know there is a freed shop in covent garden! but other than that sorry.thanks everyone for the info - has been a great help

You should have tried some one on sunday when we called into seksi dancewear at storm!proberbly should have :blush: although most of their shoes although very pretty were a bit fancy for what I am looking for - was also hoping to buy exactly what I already have so that I don't have any of those - how will they break in worries

Double Trouble
9th-March-2007, 11:07 AM
There is a lovely dance shoe shop in St Martins Lane, London, WC2. If you get the Tube to leicester square its just around the corner. sorry, dont know the name of it but it's just opposite 'office' shoe shop.

LMC
9th-March-2007, 12:02 PM
^^^ Thass Freed on St Martin's Lane :)

I find Freed shoes too narrow TBH, so don't know what they have in there. From memory, it's lots and lots of ballet stuff (fewer 'regular' shoes) - Lynn has been in quite recently and may be able to give a better update (yeah Lynn, where are you on this thread?)

St Martin's Lane might be two tube stops but is still only 10 mins walk from Drury Lane - and the Bloch and Dancia International shops - so don't waste the fare :wink:

Ironically (considering that the Bloch shop is less than 100 m away) Dancia is cheaper than Bloch for Bloch shoes! - and has a good selection. So might be worth the effort even though they are horribly busy on Saturdays.

Miguel
9th-March-2007, 12:22 PM
I haven't managed to find a real shop where I can try on some shoes.

Supadance have their own (real) shop (real shoes, real staff):

159 Queens Road
Buckhurst Hill
Essex
IG9 5BA

Nearest Tube: Buckhurst Hill
http://www.supadance.co.uk
Tel: 020 8505 8888

Check the website but give them a ring before you travel.

Take care, Mike.

Yliander
9th-March-2007, 12:24 PM
Supadance have their own (real) shop (real shoes, real staff):

159 Queens Road
Buckhurst Hill
Essex
IG9 5BA

Nearest Tube: Buckhurst Hill
http://www.supadance.co.uk
Tel: 020 8505 8888

Check the website but give them a ring before you travel.

Take care, Mike.WOO HOO thank you - I did try to find this online - but still being sick not the brightest spark this week.

Don't suppose anyone here knows of a UK stockist for D&K dance shoes?

Lynn
9th-March-2007, 01:07 PM

I find Freed shoes too narrow TBH, so don't know what they have in there. From memory, it's lots and lots of ballet stuff (fewer 'regular' shoes) - Lynn has been in quite recently and may be able to give a better update (yeah Lynn, where are you on this thread?)I'm here!

Yes, Freed are quite narrow fitting, which suits me as I have narrow feet so I have quite a few pairs of Freed shoes and know their range pretty well by now! The shop is very busy on a Saturday, the first time I went in I gave up (I was with friends and didn't want to keep them waiting) and went back later in the afternoon. Lots and lots of little girls trying on ballet shoes and hard to get any assistance. Non ballet stuff is on a table in the corner and amazingly they have shoes on display that they don't stock, and some styles are available from other stockists at £5-£15 cheaper.

My friends also wanted to give up on one of the other shops (Dancia) for the same reason. So be prepared to take a little time to get help and try on what you want. Buying new dance shoes should be a leisurely, pleasurable experience anyway, so that's OK.

Simon r
9th-March-2007, 01:55 PM
WOO HOO thank you - I did try to find this online - but still being sick not the brightest spark this week.

Don't suppose anyone here knows of a UK stockist for D&K dance shoes?

Ok there is a shop in wokingham high street that has a lot of dance shoes and diffrent styles you can not miss it if you walk down the highstreet.

If you need help finding it give me a call the number is on our web site.

We use a shop in farnbourogh called flash dance details avilable from our web site.

not such a big choice in the shop but the lady in charge can get anything and she has been in the buisness for 60 years so has lots of helpfull knowledge...

Simon and nicole

Twirly
9th-March-2007, 01:56 PM
You can also go into the Kingdom of Dance shop, which if you're in Reading isn't too far away I think. I visited last summer. Just make sure you don't pick a weekend when there is a weekender on like I did - their stock was rather minimal, but I still found something.

There are quite a few dance shops around Covent Garden/Drury Lane, but I can't remember the names of all of them. There's another one near the Ivy Restaurant... just looked it up, it's called Porselli and is on West Street (which is just off Charing Cross Rd). No idea what they are like though - website is still under construction.

Yliander
9th-March-2007, 02:55 PM
Ok there is a shop in wokingham high street that has a lot of dance shoes and diffrent styles you can not miss it if you walk down the highstreet.

If you need help finding it give me a call the number is on our web site.

We use a shop in farnbourogh called flash dance details avilable from our web site.

not such a big choice in the shop but the lady in charge can get anything and she has been in the buisness for 60 years so has lots of helpfull knowledge...

Simon and nicole
Thanks for the info - wokingham might be managable to get to

I HATE COBBLERS - went to get the suede replaced on the heels of one pair of shoes - they couldn't do that - OK fair enough - then I asked could they put rubber heel tips on - nope couldn't do that either - only offer hard plastic heel tips - which I never get on any shoe dancing or otherwise as I find them to slippy.

So i ask him are there anyother cobblers around that might be able to help me - and his answer was there is a shop in harris aracade but they have moved and I don't know where too?!?!?! and this helps me HOW?!?!?!

oppps sorry about the rant :blush:

Yliander
9th-March-2007, 08:07 PM
any chance of a more precise location? I did a search for wokingham high street and there are two - one in Sonning and one in Twyford.....

Simon r
9th-March-2007, 08:58 PM
any chance of a more precise location? I did a search for wokingham high street and there are two - one in Sonning and one in Twyford.....

It's called Fame

Yliander
9th-March-2007, 09:13 PM
It's called Fame cool thanks for that!!

Mezzosoprano
9th-March-2007, 11:42 PM

I find Freed shoes too narrow TBH, so don't know what they have in there. From memory, it's lots and lots of ballet stuff (fewer 'regular' shoes) - Lynn has been in quite recently and may be able to give a better update (yeah Lynn, where are you on this thread?)

St Martin's Lane might be two tube stops but is still only 10 mins walk from Drury Lane - and the Bloch and Dancia International shops - so don't waste the fare :wink:

Ironically (considering that the Bloch shop is less than 100 m away) Dancia is cheaper than Bloch for Bloch shoes! - and has a good selection. So might be worth the effort even though they are horribly busy on Saturdays.

Jeez, you guys who live near the big city are so lucky..... I have to order mine over the internet and you're never quite sure what your gonna get or if it will fit! I was eyeing off this gorgeous red pair of shoes on the Internet and got a chance to try them on in a dance shop when I was on hols in Australia... they were awful.... looked great... felt awful. I was so glad I hadn't shelled out the cash for them!!

Andy McGregor
10th-March-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm here!
But what took you so long? The Forum Shoe Queen should be right there if there's anything about shoes.

Write 100 lines;

Wherever there is shoe talk, I will be there within 4 hours.

Lynn
10th-March-2007, 11:48 AM
But what took you so long? The Forum Shoe Queen should be right there if there's anything about shoes.

Write 100 lines;

Wherever there is shoe talk, I will be there within 4 hours.
I need a shoe thread alarm or something.... or we need a shoe section for the forum :whistle: