PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Saturday Night Fever (Daventry 31/03/07)

Spin dryer
7th-March-2007, 10:53 PM
Two rooms and it's going on until 3am this time. Marc Forster in the blues room.

Blind_Dynamo
7th-March-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi Spin dryer
thanks for the info about this forum on the train on Monday.
I'm hoping to be there

fletch
8th-March-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Spin dryer
thanks for the info about this forum on the train on Monday.
I'm hoping to be there

I will come and grab you :flower: I normally do :hug:

I hope you have your flares at the ready, we need your best John Travolta impression :cheers:

Sparkles
8th-March-2007, 11:13 AM
Gutted to be missing this, but I have a non-dancing friend's hen do to attend. Hope you all have a great time, Daventry freestyles are fab!

Blind_Dynamo
8th-March-2007, 01:16 PM
That's it Fletch I'm definately going to be there if your going to grab me. :hug:

Aorta
10th-March-2007, 09:54 AM
where is daventry? Isn't it MILES away? Do you stay overnight?
Aorta

fletch
10th-March-2007, 10:17 AM
Aorta

You have no detail on you profil :na:

it might be round the corner from you :confused:

but as you havn't heard of it I think not where areeeeeee youuuuuuu :D

:flower:

Spin dryer
10th-March-2007, 02:01 PM
Aorta

It's around 75 miles from London. The journey takes between an hour and an hour and a half, but it's always a great night. Some people do book into nearby hotels for the night (or what's left of it).

David Bailey
10th-March-2007, 02:43 PM
It's around 75 miles from London. The journey takes between an hour and an hour and a half
An hour? Good God man, what are you driving? :eek:

Even in Ian "Nutty driver"'s car, it took a good 75 minutes, and that was starting from Barnet.

Lory
10th-March-2007, 03:00 PM

Even in Ian "Nutty driver"'s car, it took a good 75 minutes, and that was starting from Barnet.
:yeah: Sadly at the moment, one can't avoid that never ending 40MPH stretch of the M1:(

Anyone know of any cheap deals on Hotels for that night? (preferably on the London side of Daventry)

Spin dryer
10th-March-2007, 03:03 PM

I'll introduce you to my chauffeur!

David Bailey
10th-March-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll introduce you to my chauffeur!
The point, as Lory said, was that there's this car park in the way called the M1 - doesn't matter how fast your car can go, it's still at least 90 minutes from North London - probably more like 1 hour 45 I reckon. That bit in the M1 adds on a lot of time.

Nasty speed cameras... :sad:

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 02:06 PM
Having said all that... 3am... hmmm....

Rebecca
13th-March-2007, 02:07 PM
This event will hopefully act as Captain Fantastic's birthday night out, so if any of our dancing friends can make it I'm sure he will love a bday dance with you all! (Leads and follows) :cheers:

Northants Girly
13th-March-2007, 04:15 PM
Anyone know of any cheap deals on Hotels for that night? (preferably on the London side of Daventry)

Laterooms.com (http://www.laterooms.com/) is good

There is also a Premier Travelodge (http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/home.do?rw.cm=,PPC) and a pub (Heart of England) in Weedon which is inbetween Daventry and J16 of the M1

On the other side of the crossroads (in Weedon) is the Globe pub which also advertises rooms but it looks a bit dodgy

:D

fletch
13th-March-2007, 04:29 PM
This event will hopefully act as Captain Fantastic's birthday night out, so if any of our dancing friends can make it I'm sure he will love a bday dance with you all! (Leads and follows) :cheers:

Not another birthday :eek:

its Paul (S.W.A.S) on that night but we are going out on the friday 30th:waycool: we havn't found anywhere to go yet any one know if there is anything on in the London area thats not appeared on Jive U.K. yet :confused: we are clubbing after :clap:

Jamie
13th-March-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll be there to throw the captain around a bit! :D

fletch
13th-March-2007, 05:21 PM
I'll be there to throw the captain around a bit! :D

eye, eye, sir :D

jiveaddicted
13th-March-2007, 05:21 PM
When they say its going on until 3am does that only really mean 2am as the clocks change that night and we lose an hour somewhere!!!!

fletch
13th-March-2007, 05:23 PM
When they say its going on until 3am does that only really mean 2am as the clocks change that night and we lose an hour somewhere!!!!

:confused:

but when they say 3am and Marc DJing it means 4am :waycool: :respect:

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 06:01 PM

Oo-er, good point - :eek: - the clock go forward, so "3am" may be "2am" - which is the normal closing time for Daventry I believe?

Is it "real 3am" or "clock-forward 3am"?

DavidY
16th-March-2007, 01:42 AM
When they say its going on until 3am does that only really mean 2am as the clocks change that night and we lose an hour somewhere!!!!I asked Marc this tonight.... until we worked out that the clocks don't change that night at all - it's the weekend before (according to my diary and wikipedia, at least). :blush:

Minnie M
16th-March-2007, 08:39 AM
............ is anything on in the London area thats not appeared on Jive U.K. yet :confused: we are clubbing after :clap:
don't you ever look at my list when going south :tears:
For modern jive the best event (a little outside London) is Ashteads - and Mikey is doing the class :worthy:

fletch
16th-March-2007, 09:13 AM
don't you ever look at my list when going south :tears:
For modern jive the best event (a little outside London) is Ashteads - and Mikey is doing the class :worthy:

I do :flower: it wasn't there when I looked honest :blush: looks like we have found our Friday venue :clap: is this the one with the Jive Aces on :confused: thanks Minnie :flower:

Just looked again is it the one that say Brighton:sad: its quite a lot furthere than north London its to far for one night out Jamies coming from Doncaster :sick:

:flower:

jivecat
17th-March-2007, 01:31 AM
I asked Marc this tonight.... until we worked out that the clocks don't change that night at all - it's the weekend before (according to my diary and wikipedia, at least). :blush:

Yay, that means summer starts next weekend:grin: Loud sing cucu etc.

Tiggerbabe
20th-March-2007, 10:01 AM
I think it's Spring, Jivecat, which starts at 1am on Sunday March 25th, you'll have to wait a wee while longer for Summer. :) :hug:

Mythical
25th-March-2007, 09:29 PM
No one's asked the 65 bajillion dollar question yet....

What are you wearing???

Aorta
26th-March-2007, 10:12 AM
Hello - doh, realised I didn't have any info there - i live in sw london!!
My name is Mel!! i will say hello next time i see you. liked your orange hat btw (was it camber?)
x

fletch
26th-March-2007, 02:42 PM
No one's asked the 65 bajillion dollar question yet....

What are you wearing???

me? or people in general :what:

Hello - doh, realised I didn't have any info there - i live in sw london!!
My name is Mel!! i will say hello next time i see you. liked your orange hat btw (was it camber?)
x

yes I had an orange hat on at Camber for a while, I loved it but it kept geting knocked or I was pecking my men the the rim like a beek :na:

and Hi Mell see you Saturday :flower:

Mythical
26th-March-2007, 04:34 PM
me? or people in general :what:

People in General.

fletch
26th-March-2007, 04:45 PM
People in General.

Saturday night fever (the film) 1970's disco,:clap: lets just hope the music will reflect the theam :respect:

Cruella
26th-March-2007, 05:00 PM
Saturday night fever (the film) 1970's disco,:clap: lets just hope the music will reflect the theam :respect:

Err, let's hope not!!

Mythical
26th-March-2007, 07:36 PM
Err, let's hope not!!

I have to agree with Cruella, on the music!
I can deal with the clothes, though...I'll have to wash me flares!! :D

David Bailey
26th-March-2007, 08:13 PM
I've changed from a Maybe to a No - it's too much like hard work driving all that way :)

I may do Hatfield instead, that looks interesting...

Spin dryer
26th-March-2007, 08:16 PM
I've changed from a Maybe to a No - it's too much like hard work driving all that way :)

An option would be to get a train to Long Buckby and stay overnight at a hotel.

David Bailey
26th-March-2007, 08:34 PM
An option would be to get a train to Long Buckby and stay overnight at a hotel.
Train? What is this contrivance of which you speak? :what: :confused: :na:

Spin dryer
26th-March-2007, 10:33 PM
Train? What is this contrivance of which you speak? :what: :confused: :na:

It takes 1 hour 15 minutes from Euston, and I'll be on it.

Spin dryer
26th-March-2007, 11:07 PM
I've been asked by a friend to enquire whether anyone could give a lift to Daventry to a woman coming from Nottingham. Please pm me if you can help.

Many thanks.

Spin dryer
26th-March-2007, 11:14 PM
Does anyone know whether there are any hotels in Daventry itself, or is the nearest one the Travelodge in Weedon?

Thanks.

Northants Girly
26th-March-2007, 11:28 PM
Does anyone know whether there are any hotels in Daventry itself, or is the nearest one the Travelodge in Weedon?

Thanks.The only one I can think of is the Paramount Hotel (used to be the Hilton) on the ring road - Sedgemoor Way, NN11 5SG.
Laterooms.com (http://www.laterooms.com/) usually have discounted rooms for it :)

Spin dryer
26th-March-2007, 11:56 PM
The only one I can think of is the Paramount Hotel (used to be the Hilton) on the ring road - Sedgemoor Way, NN11 5SG.
Laterooms.com (http://www.laterooms.com/) usually have discounted rooms for it :)

Thank you; that's great. It's within walking distance of the venue and check out time isn't until 11am.

fletch
27th-March-2007, 08:50 AM
Err, let's hope not!!

won't you be in the blues room next to the DJ ? :whistle: :D :flower:

I have to agree with Cruella, on the music!
I can deal with the clothes, though...I'll have to wash me flares!! :D

There will be two track at the most, don't panic :rolleyes: and you will be able to dance to them :clap:

i'm not wearing fleares, but it will be 'glam rock' :D :waycool:

Spin dryer
27th-March-2007, 12:44 PM
Thank you; that's great. It's within walking distance of the venue and check out time isn't until 11am.

It's 1.5 miles from the venue, so a 20 minute walk if there aren't any cabs around.

Miguel
27th-March-2007, 01:40 PM
Thinking of driving up Saturday evening and returning when it closes. Would anyone like a lift from SW London? PM if you're interested.
TIA, Mike.

Spin dryer
28th-March-2007, 12:14 AM
If anyone else would like to make a night of it, it's £55 for a room at the Paramount Daventry Hotel.

https://reservations.synxis.com/lbe/rez.aspx?Hotel=12330&locale=en-gb&arrive=31/Mar/2007&depart=01/Apr/2007&Promo=&Step=2&Adult=1&Child=0

robd
30th-March-2007, 09:31 AM
I think there should just be the one class this time around. one of the main gripes of previous Daventry events has been the 2nd class running about 9.30 when many people are just wanting to freestyle. Maybe someone with a hotline to Emma P could confirm?

Lory
30th-March-2007, 09:50 AM
Is anyone travelling up from London, who'd like to do a car share? :flower:

I really want to go and I don't mind driving :nice: but I need someone to make sure I don't fall asleep on the drive back!

Otherwise I think I'm going to have to give it a miss! :(

Lost Leader
30th-March-2007, 10:04 AM
I think there should just be the one class this time around. one of the main gripes of previous Daventry events has been the 2nd class running about 9.30 when many people are just wanting to freestyle. Maybe someone with a hotline to Emma P could confirm?

Probably only one class but there is definitely going to be some cabaret.

Marc Forster
31st-March-2007, 01:47 PM
Quick Post. Plan for tonight. Open Blues room early as possible with West Coast in mind. Ease up once we start to get busy with a more traditional Blues Room feel. OXO should play between 11 and 12.30 all his favorite material. Slight leaning towards Tango before finishing with the best of what hasn't already been played. Excuse the sloppy english and lack of emoticons:blush: .Gotta run.

Spice 'n' Easy
31st-March-2007, 01:52 PM
Quick Post. Plan for tonight. Open Blues room early as possible with West Coast in mind. Ease up once we start to get busy with a more traditional Blues Room feel. OXO should play between 11 and 12.30 all his favorite material. Slight leaning towards Tango before finishing with the best of what hasn't already been played. Excuse the sloppy english and lack of emoticons:blush: .Gotta run.

Nice :clap: :clap:

Blind_Dynamo
31st-March-2007, 01:52 PM

Looking forward to it. see you later Marc:cheers:

fletch
31st-March-2007, 03:14 PM

traveling down with OXO'S i'll give him my play list on the way :D

don't panic Rob Ambridge has got the list with Sturday night feaver on it :na:

Tango! TANGO! :sick:

Looking forward to it. see you later Marc:cheers:

harrrharrr! you might not be able to see me Blind_Dynamo I shall be looking out for you :hug: I shall make sure you are 'Fletchered' tonight :innocent:

I will proberbly be, early evening anyway, just as you come through the door you pay at,:flower: have you got your medalion ready :innocent:

Twirlie Bird
31st-March-2007, 03:26 PM
Fletch. Please make sure you get plenty of piccies tonight. A poor substitute for being there I know. :( Can't wait to see your outfit. It sounds awesome. :wink:

Blind_Dynamo
31st-March-2007, 04:04 PM
traveling down with OXO'S i'll give him my play list on the way :D

don't panic Rob Ambridge has got the list with Sturday night feaver on it :na:

Tango! TANGO! :sick:

harrrharrr! you might not be able to see me Blind_Dynamo I shall be looking out for you :hug: I shall make sure you are 'Fletchered' tonight :innocent:

I will proberbly be, early evening anyway, just as you come through the door you pay at,:flower: have you got your medalion ready :innocent:

:rofl: :rofl: I can't wait, I necer been Fletchered before. :hug: Bring it on:devil: :devil: :devil:

fletch
31st-March-2007, 05:15 PM
:rofl: :rofl: I can't wait, I necer been Fletchered before. :hug: Bring it on:devil: :devil: :devil:

there's a first time for everything :D

I wonder why people say im scary :confused:

fletch
31st-March-2007, 05:22 PM
i'm ready :cool:

Northants Girly
31st-March-2007, 05:50 PM
OMG! How can you be ready already? :really:

I havn't even got in the shower! :rolleyes:

Blind_Dynamo
31st-March-2007, 06:17 PM
i'm ready :cool:

YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!

I'm going to loose my Fletchinity tonight

Fletch you look fantastic :awe:

fletch
1st-April-2007, 10:46 AM
YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!

I'm going to loose my Fletchinity tonight

Fletch you look fantastic :awe:

thank you :flower:

it was good for me I hope it was good for you :love:

fletch
1st-April-2007, 11:20 AM
Daventry

how is it I get to Daventry at 8.30pm and leave at 4 am and it feels like 2 hours :sick:

yes, Ok hear it comes again:rolleyes: I had a fab night, have we really got to waite 3 months for another one :tears: its the best freestyle that I have ever been to, if any one know of a better one tell me i'll visit it.:grin:

There was some absolutely cracking music played, spot on guy's just wish all the DJ were as professional as you,:respect: almost missed 'The Passenger' 'Iggy Pop' caught the last half as I was coming back from the blues room, thank you Rob Ambridgre. :worthy: Rob, OXO'S, there wasn't much/any disco played, and I was hoping for a bit more with the Saturday night fever theme.:(

Not many people dressed up, I think the theme was a bit specific.:what:

Watched a wonderful dance with Jamie, Imogen and Vicki (Tom Bakers) dance partner, go girls.:innocent: :D

Blind_Dynamo you dancing is coming on a treat :hug:

I enjoyed some wonderful dances with someone special, I said it would be worth the drive:love:

Banged heads with Tom Backer :eek: :tears: :rofl:

Migle you make me laugh :rofl:

So many people so little time I would probably have better dances if I shut up and concentrated.:rolleyes:

I had a very interesting dance with 'latin Ian' from Berko I was just about to persuade Foxy we should be dancing around our handbags to the 'Utopia' song 'iv found a place' thingy and he garbed me saying don't bother with him come and have a dance with a real man, :eek: does he know something we don't.:confused: :rofl:

I had a slow puncture in my tyre,:( grate after paying £700 for its first MOT this week looks like another tyre,:tears: thank you BARMPOT for pumping it up in the car park at 3.45 this morning and letting me sit in the warm, your my hero.:love:

Thank you for staying awake on the way home OXO'S and listening to me twitter on, it keeps me alert.:cheers:

Over all

WONDERFUL

DianaS
1st-April-2007, 12:10 PM
OMG where to being?
It was an excellent night!
Music fantastic I even danced in the main room good array of visuals for those who like Kenny Everett it was amazing - excellent dances too many to remember not turmed down once only postponed
An embarrasing moment- neatly averted
all in all a truely wonderful night!!
Whens the next one...???

DavidY
1st-April-2007, 12:17 PM
Whens the next one...???According to the piece of paper on one of the desks, 30th June. (Then 20th Oct and 29th Dec, if I remember correctly).

DavidY
1st-April-2007, 12:27 PM
have we really got to waite 3 months for another one :tears:I think if they were too frequent, it might dilute them.

As it is, several fab dancers make the effort to drive miles to get there, and it's partly because of this that we can all have lots of lovely dances.:drool:

If the freestyle dates were more often, some of these people wouldn't be able to make the journey so often, and there might be fewer fab dances. :tears: It's a balance...

fletch
1st-April-2007, 12:48 PM
If the freestyle dates were more often, some of these people wouldn't be able to make the journey so often, and there might be fewer fab dances. :tears: It's a balance...

your right :flower: but it doesn't stop me wanting a Daventry every weekend :D

we didn't dance :tears:

but I hear you had a lovely dance with Jamie :respect:

DianaS
1st-April-2007, 01:13 PM
opppss Can some kind person PM me Lucy Lockets phone number - I've lost it - and bought a pair of shoes last night but forgot to give her my card details- :blush:

What am I like!

Blind_Dynamo
1st-April-2007, 05:48 PM
Thank you Fletch. It was special night for me because I lost my Fletchinity. Oh yeeh you know it's a sin! :hug:

DJing was top draw as usaul. :cheers:

I had some fantastic dances with some fantastic ladies. Especially Fletch, Racheal. Ingrid and a blonde lady wearing a black dress and a black ribbon in her hair, we danced the last track in the main hall.:flower:

The only disappointment was having to leave early.:tears:

Sotty Fletch and Racheal I promised you both another dance. It will have to be next we meet.

fletch
2nd-April-2007, 12:26 AM
Sotty Fletch and Racheal I promised you both another dance. It will have to be next we meet.

I hope its not to long, i'll let you know where we will be this easter honey :flower:

robd
2nd-April-2007, 11:54 AM
I had a mixed night and didn't enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed other Daventry events though at a social level it was fun.

Highlights
* more smut at the Crossroads than in 20 odd years of the eponymous TV show
* Stewart38 dancing with ZW
* ZW's XXX-rated banana (and Creme Egg :yum: ) eating technique
* Little Em dancing with me and finishing off eating her sausage. No that's not a euphemism, she was actually eating the last of a fried sausage and she was still an awesome follower :worthy:
* Great slidey floor in the main room

Lowlights
* being thoroughly bored with my own repertoire and consequently not really enjoying the dancing
* not getting a feel for the music even though some of my fav tracks were played
* realising, when dancing with Little Em, just how much further there is for me to improve :(

Good to see they've rearranged the October one though to avoid a clash with Breeze.

Blind_Dynamo
2nd-April-2007, 12:33 PM
I hope its not to long, i'll let you know where we will be this easter honey :flower:

I can't wait Fletch it's always a pleasure dancing with you. :flower:

Saturday night was almost as good as Storm for me.

One down point though at storm there was a lady was not very tall with a hat I had several dances with on the Sunday night and she there on Saturday but I didn't get the chance to dance with her. Maybe next time.

fletch
2nd-April-2007, 04:23 PM
I can't wait Fletch it's always a pleasure dancing with you. :flower:

Saturday night was almost as good as Storm for me.

One down point though at storm there was a lady was not very tall with a hat I had several dances with on the Sunday night and she there on Saturday but I didn't get the chance to dance with her. Maybe next time.

I think you migh be talking about Witty Bird ?

WittyBird
2nd-April-2007, 04:37 PM

Sorry it was a down point for you at Storm :wink: Wish I'd known you were at Daventry I'd have hunted you out!

I think you migh be talking about Witty Bird ?

Small with a hat - normally guarantee's it's me :rofl:

I look forward to the next dance with you soon :D

Blind_Dynamo
2nd-April-2007, 05:10 PM
Sorry it was a down point for you at Storm :wink: Wish I'd known you were at Daventry I'd have hunted you out!

Small with a hat - normally guarantee's it's me :rofl:

I look forward to the next dance with you soon :D

Dancing with you at storm was one of the high points of a fantastic weekend, I heard you were at Daventry and would have liked to try repeat the experience :D

stewart38
2nd-April-2007, 05:15 PM
* Stewart38 dancing with ZW

Was waiting for Cruella to put her foot up my arse and didn’t happen so bit of a downer if she can do it for ZW why not me :sad:

Didn’t like the queue to get in about 25 mins ? don’t know what that was about (maybe lots of people arriving at the same time ?).

Felt the main rooms finishing time was too early (punters paid about £10,000 pay the staff an extra £250 ?) it was billed to go on to 3am not 1am ish finish in main room

Overall it was good but been to better or maybe ive just had better

Ps for the girl that dances in Northampton if you will have my babies please get in touch :whistle:

ps fell in love with another forumite :blush:

stewart38
2nd-April-2007, 05:18 PM
OMG where to being?
It was an excellent night!

yes but you wont keep avoiding me :wink: Just one dance :tears:

fletch
2nd-April-2007, 05:54 PM
ps fell in love with another forumite :blush:

awww Stew, I didn't know you cared:love:

under par
2nd-April-2007, 06:01 PM
awww Stew, I didn't know you cared:love:

Sorry Fletch but he was talking about me:awe:

fletch
2nd-April-2007, 06:03 PM
Sorry Fletch but he was talking about me:awe:

story of my life :tears:

:wink:

Blind_Dynamo
2nd-April-2007, 06:10 PM
story of my life :tears:

:wink:

Never mind Fletch somebody appresiates you :love:

WittyBird
2nd-April-2007, 06:21 PM
Dancing with you at storm was one of the high points of a fantastic weekend, I heard you were at Daventry and would have liked to try repeat the experience :D

Next time you're at the same venue as me I will grab you for a few dances :D

Cruella
2nd-April-2007, 06:22 PM
Was waiting for Cruella to put her foot up my arse and didn’t happen so bit of a downer if she can do it for ZW why not me :sad:
Cos her arse is nicer than yours. :wink:

(She certainly has strong thighs, my first experience of the 'Zebra Clamp'!! I have the bruise to prove it!)

Blind_Dynamo
2nd-April-2007, 06:26 PM
Next time you're at the same venue as me I will grab you for a few dances :D

I look forward to it :D

Spin dryer
2nd-April-2007, 11:43 PM
It is the best big party night there is.

The music was excellent in both rooms. It was noticeable that many of the best dancers didn't retire to the blues room until much later than normal.

The mix of dancers from throughout the midlands and the southeast makes for a really buzzy atmosphere.

I thought that many more people had made an effort with the 70s theme than they did at the SINderella Ball. The women looked fantastic.

The floor in the main room was pleasingly slippery. (I was commenting on this as I danced with Liz from Berkhamsted when, without warning, I fell flat on my back in spectacular style.) I also thought that the lighting and candles in the main room helped create an ambience which belied the vast size of the venue.

It was a shame for the women that the sex ratio was so weighted in the guys favour. At one point in the blues room, the women were five deep along the bar side of the room. An amazing night for the boys though!

If you haven't yet been to Daventry, make sure you go to the next one in June.

Twirlie Bird
3rd-April-2007, 01:34 AM
If you haven't yet been to Daventry, make sure you go to the next one in June.

I have already put it onto my calendar and highlighted it too :rofl:

stewart38
3rd-April-2007, 09:21 AM
It was a shame for the women that the sex ratio was so weighted in the guys favour. At one point in the blues room, the women were five deep along the bar side of the room. An amazing night for the boys though!

About 5/10% more women id say

Id hate to see a 'gender balance' on things like this

see there doing that for cancer research charity event. whats that all about ?

Cruella
3rd-April-2007, 09:31 AM
About 5/10% more women id say

Id hate to see a 'gender balance' on things like this

see there doing that for cancer research charity event. whats that all about ?

Unlike you Stewart, most men don't want the women chasing after them for dances and the women actually like getting asked occasionally too. I don't really know why you are worried anyway, by the time you decide you want to go, i'll have sold all the tickets! :whistle:

jiveaddicted
3rd-April-2007, 10:39 AM
So imho this was the best daventry ive been to everything just worked really well!

I thought the music was excellent in both room's i especially loved oxo's set every song really did it for me i cant wait to be somewhere when ur djing again.

Fletch you as always looked fantastic you always get it spot on!!

I had some fantastic dances with people most of whom i managed to grab again some of whom i didnt manage to as they were of dancing with other people! Anybody would think it was a freestyle or something!!!

All in all a great night that left me buzzing. I cannot wait till the next 1

M :-)

stewart38
3rd-April-2007, 12:33 PM
Unlike you Stewart, most men don't want the women chasing after them for dances and the women actually like getting asked occasionally too. I don't really know why you are worried anyway, by the time you decide you want to go, i'll have sold all the tickets! :whistle:

I know your promoting and another on this site and maybe of topic but whets the rationale behind it ? Are you not going to loose money for a worthy cause ?

If people think there were more then 5/10% ‘surplus’ women there on Saturday I stand corrected

Obviously if there was 2 to 1 something would have to be done

We seem to be going gender crazy at present , more and more women are dancing as men (as they were at Daventry) so what’s the point ?

Just interested that all, no body 'chased' me :sad:

i asked 90% of the time and was asked 10%

Cruella
3rd-April-2007, 12:47 PM
Are you not going to loose money for a worthy cause ?
How am I going to lose money? The tickets sales, so far, are pretty even for each sex. There are limited amount of tickets, so whether I sell them 50/50 or 40/60, it's the same amount of money.
I believe that you are in the minority with your opinion and I am aiming for the majority.

more and more women are dancing as men (as they were at Daventry) so what’s the point ?
The reason more women lead is because it's preferable to sitting on their bums waiting to find a free man!

Just interested that all, no body 'chased' me :sad:
i asked 90% of the time and was asked 10%
In that case wouldn't you prefer there to be 10% men and 90% women?
Sorry to take the thread off topic everyone, but 'he started it'. :na:

Zebra Woman
3rd-April-2007, 12:49 PM
(She certainly has strong thighs, my first experience of the 'Zebra Clamp'!! I have the bruise to prove it!)

Bruise?

Pah! I had lots of scratch marks on the insides of the top of my thighs ...:sick:

Cruella
3rd-April-2007, 12:53 PM
Bruise?

Pah! I had lots of scratch marks on the insides of the top of my thighs ...:sick:

You shouldn't clamp so hard! Thought I was going to have to be dragged around behind you for the rest of the evening. :wink:

Captain Fantastic
3rd-April-2007, 02:19 PM
Just wanted to say I had a really enjoyable night. The music was good throughout the atmosphere was warm and friendly. I had loads of fabulous dances with known friends, and many more, with dancers I’d never seen before.
Being lead the Tornado was the icing on the cake.

sidney
3rd-April-2007, 02:36 PM
I had a mix night, started off ok, but again that problem to many women, and I just got fed up having to chase for a dance, so I agree with Cruella on the gender balance because when I went to Kettering last week it seen even, and it was much better being ask to dance often and when I wanted to dance with certain guys it was easy to get them, no fighting through the scum. The music was good and the floors great so you could spin but not one of my best nights at Daventry.:sad:

Whitebeard
3rd-April-2007, 03:02 PM
I had a mix night, started off ok, but again that problem to many women, and I just got fed up having to chase for a dance, so I agree with Cruella on the gender balance because when I went to Kettering last week it seen even, and it was much better being ask to dance often and when I wanted to dance with certain guys it was easy to get them, no fighting through the scum. The music was good and the floors great so you could spin but not one of my best nights at Daventry.:sad:

I do hope that was a typo. You could offend a lot of people that way.

Lory
3rd-April-2007, 03:54 PM
I do hope that was a typo. You could offend a lot of people that way.

I wrote to someone once, telling them that the cakes they'd made for my daughters birthday party were 'scummy'!!!! oops :blush:

sidney
3rd-April-2007, 04:27 PM
oh dear, I meant like a rugby term us women out for the kill on the poor unsuspecting guy with no chance getting off that dance floor, that's all, don't want to start a all out war on my fellow sisters.:blush:

Caz
4th-April-2007, 10:48 PM
Had a fantastic night at Daventry. Just wish the main room could have been open longer! Wicked dances with everyone.. can't mention everyone's name! Was great to be asked to lead by random ladies.. i always enjoy leading! Blues room was a nice addition.. last time i went to Daventry it wasn't open so it was nice to be able to flit between rooms for a change of music! Even joined in the fun class which was highly amusing:rofl:

Can't wait until next one!:clap::clap:

Jamie
5th-April-2007, 12:50 AM
We seem to be going gender crazy at present , more and more women are dancing as men (as they were at Daventry) so what’s the point ?

Let's retaliate and learn to dance as ladies! :devil:

fletch
5th-April-2007, 08:56 AM

I sometime feelt like a man :eek: I carn't get off the dance floor, I have to sit in a corner rummaging in my bag not to get asked, I hardly got a chance to chat.

keep asking :flower: there are loads of men about:cheers: sometimes you don't see them as potential dance partners :what:

:sick: :clap: