PDA

View Full Version : Breeze 2007 - A modular weekender

robd
7th-March-2007, 03:24 PM
Bookings for Breeze 2007 (http://ceroc.com/breeze) have now opened and I was interested to see that a two tier system of pricing is in available. You can choose a 'Utopia only' pass as the Utopia brand continues its ascent to world domination or some such and and Access All Areas pass. The difference seems to lie in the latter pass giving access to the Main Room and the workshops/cabarets/freestyle therein. The Utopia pass gives access to the second large area, the pub, food hall, etc and the price differential seemed to be about 20 quid on an average ticket. I've booked the All Areas pass and I guess only time will tell if I should have gone for the cheaper option. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Robert

ducasi
7th-March-2007, 03:30 PM
Interesting concept – but for 20 quid, who would choose not to take the lot? Just for curiosity's sake if nothing else...

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 03:41 PM
It's an interesting one, certainly.

How much is the "not UTOPIA" ticket then? :innocent:

Gav
7th-March-2007, 03:45 PM
It's an interesting one, certainly.

How much is the "not UTOPIA" ticket then? :innocent:

Oooooh and imagine how many different coloured wristbands they'll have to get DJ! Exciting isn't it?

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 04:17 PM
Oooooh and imagine how many different coloured wristbands they'll have to get DJ! Exciting isn't it?
I can barely contain myself.

Gav
7th-March-2007, 04:19 PM
I can barely contain myself.

I know, I've seen your t-shirts :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 04:21 PM
I know, I've seen your t-shirts :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I've neg-repped people for less, young Gav...

stewart38
7th-March-2007, 04:23 PM
According to the web site they have already stop female booking ? This is getting silly

will they have the Bumper cars again :waycool:

Gav
7th-March-2007, 04:24 PM
I've neg-repped people for less, young Gav...

I've been neg-repped for less, but you flattered my ego so I'll leave you alone (until the next opportunity arises :devil: )

Lynn
7th-March-2007, 04:38 PM
According to the web site they have already stop female booking ? This is getting sillyReally? No point in even thinking about it then. OK, if I want a weekend in Oct looks like it might have to be Blaze instead. :D

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 04:41 PM
Really? No point in even thinking about it then. OK, if I want a weekend in Oct looks like it might have to be Blaze instead. :D
Can I repeat my rant that some of these names are really stupid...

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 04:43 PM
I've been neg-repped for less, but you flattered my ego so I'll leave you alone (until the next opportunity arises :devil: )
Oh good, thanks...

SilverFox
7th-March-2007, 04:52 PM
According to the web site they have already stop female booking ? This is getting silly

will they have the Bumper cars again :waycool:There is a problem with the booking site for Breeze at present. The powers that be are getting back to me ASAP. I'll keep you all informed.

stewart38
7th-March-2007, 04:54 PM
Really? No point in even thinking about it then. OK, if I want a weekend in Oct looks like it might have to be Blaze instead. :D

No women places on that one since 6th June 1976 im afraid :sad:

Until we half the price for men I don’t see a solution :whistle:

stewart38
7th-March-2007, 04:56 PM
There is a problem with the booking site for Breeze at present. The powers that be are getting back to me ASAP. I'll keep you all informed.

That’s because 300 ladies are trying to book with you at the same time :waycool:

Double Trouble
7th-March-2007, 04:57 PM
That’s because 300 ladies are trying to book with you at the same time :waycool:

Give me their names..I'll go round and shoot them all. He's mine, I tell you...MINE...!:devil:

SilverFox
7th-March-2007, 05:01 PM
Until we half the price for men I don’t see a solution :whistle:Double the price for munters?

It's a win win situation. :devil:

Sheepman
7th-March-2007, 05:13 PM
It looks to me like the discount ranges from £0 to £30. Based on last weekend, I'd certainly think it was worth saving £30 to just do the Utopia bits. But if I made my mind up in time to do the Access All areas in time to get it for no extra cost, then that's a no brainer.

But there's other stuff happening that weekend, so I think it's unlikely I'll be going anyway.

One thing on the site that annoyed me was
You could even be the first
UK OPEN BLUES CHAMPION

Maybe the first Utopia/Ceroc UK open blues champion, but there has been an open blues championship running for many years now at Beach Boogie.

Greg

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 05:23 PM
Maybe the first Utopia/Ceroc UK open blues champion, but there has been an open blues championship running for many years now at Beach Boogie.
I thought Blues didn't exist in CerocWorld? :confused:

Ah, maybe it's only just been invented?

I need a Cerocese-English dictionary I reckon.

fletch
7th-March-2007, 05:24 PM
There is a problem with the booking site for Breeze at present. The powers that be are getting back to me ASAP. I'll keep you all informed.

is there ? I have booked somthing for £39 I ws hoping to get in everywhere and a shagg for that :whistle: I have I clicked the wrong button:confused: wouldn't be the first time :na:

SilverFox
7th-March-2007, 05:29 PM
I need a Cerocese-English dictionary I reckon.I reckon so. After all your dictionary of sarcasm must be falling apart after the hammering it's been getting lately. :really:

SilverFox
7th-March-2007, 05:31 PM
is there ? I have booked somthing for £39 I ws hoping to get in everywhere and a shagg for that :whistle: I have I clicked the wrong button:confused: wouldn't be the first time :na:Call it £40 fletch and I'll throw in a shag...

...with RobD.:what:

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 05:36 PM
I reckon so. After all your dictionary of sarcasm must be falling apart after the hammering it's been getting lately. :really:
God no, I've got massive reserves of it, I've barely begun to sark.

But OK, I'll bite - do you want to explain the "First Blues Championship" thing to those of us who don't understand it?

Gav
7th-March-2007, 05:36 PM
Call it £40 fletch and I'll throw in a shag...

I dread to think how much of that is your agent's fee :D

robd
7th-March-2007, 05:38 PM
Call it £40 fletch and I'll throw in a shag...

Cool. Is that you giving or receiving SF? And I thought our frequent meetings in the Gents were coincidence :rolleyes:

I could even change my forum name from being amusing rhyming slang to something like FoxyDumpster in due deference :devil:

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 05:42 PM
I could even change my forum name from being amusing rhyming slang to something like FoxyDumpster in due deference :devil:
Well, I'm amused.
Yep, the sarcasm reserves are still going strong...

SilverFox
7th-March-2007, 05:50 PM
do you want to explain the "First Blues Championship" thing to those of us who don't understand it?Nothing too complicated Mr.James. Beach Boogie run a competition called the UK National Blues Championship, whilst Breeze 2007 will host the UK Open Blues Championship. Two - admittedly not hugely - different names for two different competitions.

Cool. Is that you giving or receiving SF? And I thought our frequent meetings in the Gents were coincidence :rolleyes: I've always been a giver Rob.

I could even change my forum name from being amusing rhyming slang to something like FoxyDumpster in due deference :devil:Talking of rhyming slang didn't FoxyFunkster used to be Steve Hunt?:innocent: EDIT: Errr I think robd just said that. :blush:

HelenB
7th-March-2007, 05:53 PM
Well I booked a SWAS place this morning (and had confirmation by email) so I'm hoping it still stands :sick: and I wasn't asked for my orientation :rolleyes:

As for the pricing, there was no difference for SWAS between the Access All Areas and Utopia passes so wasn't exactly a hard decision :D

However, from what I can remember from Breeze last year, didn't you have to go outside to get to the other room? I'm already not looking forward to having to change from dance shoes to outside shoes to dance shoes to outside shoes.....

stewart38
7th-March-2007, 05:57 PM
is there ? I have booked somthing for £39 I ws hoping to get in everywhere and a shagg for that :whistle: I have I clicked the wrong button:confused: wouldn't be the first time :na:

There was going to be an shag option for women but the IT guys didn’t know which buttons to push

fletch
7th-March-2007, 06:12 PM
Well I booked a SWAS place this morning (and had confirmation by email) so I'm hoping it still stands :sick: and I wasn't asked for my orientation :rolleyes:

I think there sould be a category, 'voyeur'

:whistle:

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 07:16 PM
Nothing too complicated Mr.James. Beach Boogie run a competition called the UK National Blues Championship, whilst Breeze 2007 will host the UK Open Blues Championship. Two - admittedly not hugely - different names for two different competitions.
No problems with the name, but with the statement:

You could even be the first

UK OPEN BLUES CHAMPION
Reading that, even in BIG LETTERS, then if one didn't know better, one might be forgiven for thinking that this is the first UK Blues competition, rather than the first Ceroc-run Blues competition.

I think there's maybe a little bit of - dare I say it - hype involved?

Funny that.

Lynn
7th-March-2007, 08:19 PM
However, from what I can remember from Breeze last year, didn't you have to go outside to get to the other room? Did you? Was there another MJ room that I didn't know about? I thought it was the main room, blues, sorry COZ, 'foyer' off it, and then the Boudoir bar area. I know they are getting an extra room this year - will that involve going outside this time maybe?

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 09:22 PM
Did you? Was there another MJ room that I didn't know about? I thought it was the main room, blues, sorry COZ,
I wonder if the Blues championship will be in the "non-Blues" room? :innocent:

I know they are getting an extra room this year - will that involve going outside this time maybe?

From the site:

This year we have hired the entire site meaning we will have not only the main complex but also the Hurricane Shelter – another building of huge scale with room for a further 700 dancers which will be a dedicated UTOPIA dance space for all those Blues, Latin & WCS lovers.
But presumably not Tango lovers... :whistle:

Although, actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Amir (pre-haircut) on the photo there? Yes, I'm sure it is, I'd recognise those arms anywhere :)

ducasi
7th-March-2007, 10:18 PM
Interesting web site... I especially like the "(more info)" non-links... :rolleyes:

If you know anything about HTML, javascript, etc., it's worth looking at the source code of the web page – 80% is javascript and CSS which would be better put in an external file which could then be cached and would result in faster loading. I'm not really sure why it needs all that javascript anyway...

stewart38
8th-March-2007, 03:59 PM
Well you can book man and women for £118 or (2 * £58)

For just a man £149

Guess what I booked ??

Still don’t like the massive discounts re sharing with strangers ,what is the business reason behind that all joking aside ??

David Bailey
8th-March-2007, 04:03 PM
Still don’t like the massive discounts re sharing with strangers ,what is the business reason behind that all joking aside ??
Presumably because there's almost no admin overhead?

So, if you have, say, 200 chalets to fill, you just need to allocate 400 names from the SWAS list to them, and you're sorted. If there's 399 names, then one person has a single, no big problem.

stewart38
8th-March-2007, 04:55 PM
Presumably because there's almost no admin overhead?

So, if you have, say, 200 chalets to fill, you just need to allocate 400 names from the SWAS list to them, and you're sorted. If there's 399 names, then one person has a single, no big problem.

whats the admin for the others ?

If i book for 5 i dont have to provide any names

same check in out procedure

any other reason :sick:

David Bailey
8th-March-2007, 05:20 PM
whats the admin for the others ?

If i book for 5 i dont have to provide any names

same check in out procedure

any other reason :sick:

What, you want me to think now?

Nuts to that for a game of soldiers :sick: :na:

sapphire
9th-March-2007, 05:57 PM

I booked a chalet for me, Andy, Shodan, Cheryl and Bill online today and it seemed to work fine. I received a confirmation email practically immediately and was very pleased to be able to choose a chalet which purports to be 2 minutes from the venue. Really looking forward to the weekend.

Lynn
9th-March-2007, 08:25 PM
Bookings for Breeze 2007 (http://ceroc.com/breeze) have now opened and I was interested to see that a two tier system of pricing is in available. You can choose a 'Utopia only' pass as the Utopia brand continues its ascent to world domination or some such and and Access All Areas pass. The difference seems to lie in the latter pass giving access to the Main Room and the workshops/cabarets/freestyle therein. The Utopia pass gives access to the second large area, the pub, food hall, etc and the price differential seemed to be about 20 quid on an average ticket. I've booked the All Areas pass and I guess only time will tell if I should have gone for the cheaper option. Be interesting to see how it pans out. Hmm, I know there usually are some folk who only dance in the blues/COZ and never, ever venture into the main room over the course of a weekender for even one dance - but to have that actually built into the structure of the weekend may promote that exclusiveness. Its a definite distinction between the two rooms/types of dancers.

(I know, I should have learned from last time. Ceroc is perfect. This couldn't possibly be any sort of a criticism and how would I know what I'm talking about anyway...)

drathzel
10th-March-2007, 12:42 PM
But presumably not Tango lovers...

you are wrong!!!!

from the breeze website

What is UTOPIA?

UTOPIA events are aimed at those who love Blues, Soft Latin, Nu Soul, R&B and other slower more chilled out genres of music with challenging rhythmic breaks and interludes.

If you dance WCS, Blues, Latin or Tango, or maybe you want to learn more about these styles, then this room is the place for you.

Classes range from Argentine Tango through Blues and West Coast Swing to Cuban Blues and Latin helping you develop your own style and interpretation of the music to the max!

David Bailey
10th-March-2007, 02:24 PM
Hmm, I know there usually are some folk who only dance in the blues/COZ and never, ever venture into the main room over the course of a weekender for even one dance - but to have that actually built into the structure of the weekend may promote that exclusiveness. Its a definite distinction between the two rooms/types of dancers.

Yeah, but that's the whole point, isn't it?

Everyone should aspire to Utopia-dom, or -ness; sorry, or UTOPIA-ness. And if you're not In, you're Out.

(I know, I should have learned from last time. Ceroc is perfect. This couldn't possibly be any sort of a criticism and how would I know what I'm talking about anyway...)
WITCH!! :na:

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

David Bailey
10th-March-2007, 02:31 PM
you are wrong!!!!
I may be wrong, but at least I don't use multiple exclamation marks (well, except in the case of WITCHES!!, of course).

from the breeze website

{ snip }
Huh, well yes, it says that now - it didn't when I looked at it though.

Blast, I knew I should have taken a screenshot... :rolleyes:

Also, it strikes me that this:

Classes range from Argentine Tango through Blues and West Coast Swing to Cuban Blues and Latin
Seems to cover pretty much every partner dance outside MJ - presumably Utopia (sorry, UTOPIA) is now being marketed as "non-MJ dances", which seems an awfully wide remit. Perhaps there's a subliminal message of "you only get to heaven if you stop dancing MJ" there somewhere... :devil:

David Bailey
16th-March-2007, 03:59 PM
Interestingly, I just got an email from Cerocchilterns, part of which read:

TOTAL EXPRESSION WORKSHOP taught by the dynamic couple Howard and Nicola (UK National Blues Champions)
:whistle:

SilverFox
16th-March-2007, 04:25 PM
Interestingly, I just got an email from Cerocchilterns, part of which read:

:whistle::confused: So what's interesting about that?

MartinHarper
16th-March-2007, 05:45 PM
Interesting.
Hopefully there'll be a similar discount for "Utopia-free" tickets too.
(if not this weekender, then a later one).

Whilst Breeze 2007 will host the UK Open Blues Championship.

One of the things I like about the Utopia brand is that it doesn't use "blues" to mean "generic slow music". Will the Ceroc Blues Championship be actual blues?

MartinHarper
16th-March-2007, 05:47 PM

SWAS folks are friendlier and less cliquey, thus making everyone else's weekend better.

(but of course there are obvious exceptions)

David Bailey
16th-March-2007, 05:51 PM
Interesting.
Hopefully there'll be a similar discount for "Utopia-free" tickets too.
(if not this weekender, then a later one).
We can hope :)

One of the things I like about the Utopia brand is that it doesn't use "blues" to mean "generic slow music". Will the Ceroc Blues Championship be actual blues?
What is "actual blues"? No-one seems to know...

foxylady
17th-March-2007, 03:12 AM
What is "actual blues"? No-one seems to know...

Actually David, lots of people know, its just that no one wants to let you in on the secret....

David Bailey
17th-March-2007, 09:10 AM
Actually David, lots of people know, its just that no one wants to let you in on the secret....
Yeah, you're probably right - I bet The Ten know :wink:

Seriously, I wonder if Ceroc Blues = "Actual Blues"?

It'd be interesting to see if there'll be a style definition available for the competition - is there one for the National competition?

(Hmmm, I'm tempted to, as Lynn says, do the splits, but I'll resist for now... :) )

stewart38
18th-March-2007, 04:51 PM
SWAS folks are friendlier and less cliquey, thus making everyone else's weekend better.

(but of course there are obvious exceptions)

Best business reason ive ever seen :rofl:

seriously anyone know why ?