PDA

View Full Version : Storm March 07, the aftermath

stewart38
5th-March-2007, 10:45 AM
Well did it live up to peoples expectations ?

Lee Bartholomew
5th-March-2007, 10:47 AM
Enjoyed it. :clap:

Absolutly knackered this morning though. Red bull hangover too.

Great to meet some of the forumites at last.

erratic-eric
5th-March-2007, 10:59 AM
My first weekender and it was an eye opener! I learnt a bit, would have been a lot more but for being crew meant work clashing with workshops (oh and too much drinking in the pub:whistle:).

It was certainly a pleasure to meet a large number of people and forumites over the weekend too:D

Rebecca
5th-March-2007, 01:26 PM
Mine and Dan’s (Captain Fantastic) first Ceroc weekender and my expectations were mixed. Being Ceroc I knew the organisation would be good, but I wasn’t sure who would be DJing or teaching before the event.

Apt that the weekend was called STORM as the weather was soooo cold, and we arrived in awful winds and rain. I felt for the poor parking attendants (won’t talk about the parking though – permits were extra but cars were parked on every verge!:( )

Key things were really well catered for – water, fans etc (although it did get very hot in the boudoir when the-striped-one packed it out with her sack the DJ set – nice one Alison:clap: ). The flooring downstairs was good but too fast for my heels so I spent the weekend in my trainers, this being only slightly more elegant that ending up on my *rse like I did on Friday night:blush: ).

The wrist bands and queue attendants, although obviously well thought out, grated on me a little – I’m not sure why, except that it felt a little bit like a theme park experience. Not a biggie though.

Contrary to my fears the music played really hit the spot for me, and the teaching I saw was excellent. We only really participated in Paul F’s classes – Paul you were great, so natural. This was my 3rd WCS class at a weekender and Paul’s teaching really made the concepts stick like no-one I’ve seen before him. I was even being led in swing by some very patient partners in freestyle! **Anyone know any regular classes in the Central region?**

I had some magical dances, especially on Sunday afternoon for some reason. I think I was on a caffeine high or something, but it felt good!:drool:

Having to drive back through the storms at 6am for work today was a shame (currently not able to concentrate on work at all – still dancing in my head).

Thanks to everyone for your wedding congrats. The Captain had a great time too. More people complemented me on his dancing than mine!:worthy:

Hope to see you all again soon.
R&D

Double Trouble
5th-March-2007, 02:39 PM
Had a fantastic night on Friday. Lots and lots of lovely dances in the Blues room & the music was great.

The rest of the weekend was a bit of a daze...I cant really rememeber much about it.:blush: :whistle: :D :wink:

Rebecca
5th-March-2007, 03:07 PM
The rest of the weekend was a bit of a daze...I cant really rememeber much about it.:blush: :whistle: :D :wink:

I wouldn't worry, many others combined the two, "getting it on in public". Jamie you are truly sinful ;)

Lee Bartholomew
5th-March-2007, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't worry, many others combined the two, "getting it on in public". Jamie you are truly sinful ;)

If your thinking of the same dance I saw him perform in the blues room last night, pure pure brilliance (and filth) :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

SeriouslyAddicted
5th-March-2007, 03:57 PM
Yet another fab weekend. Yes it is a shame about the weather and I also feel sorry for the poor souls whose weekends were marred by having their car windows smashed. Most memorable parts of the weekend for me were leading Witty (thanks for your patience) and ending up flat on my *rse mid way through the baby aerials class!

Good to catch up with many of the forumites again. No doubt see you at the next one

Rebecca
5th-March-2007, 04:03 PM
I also feel sorry for the poor souls whose weekends were marred by having their car windows smashed.

When I heard car reg's being read out I wondered if this might be the case. :flower: for anyone affected.

Paulthetrainer
5th-March-2007, 04:56 PM
When I heard car reg's being read out I wondered if this might be the case. :flower: for anyone affected.

Thanks Rebecca. My car was one of those affected. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on the scaley low life that did it though.:angry:

To be fair to Ceroc, although the whole car parking thing probably needs to be looked at again, they handled the situation brilliantly. Mike Ellard, who before the weekend I only knew of by reputation, was excellent.

Captain Fantastic
5th-March-2007, 05:22 PM
I think my beautiful wife summed it up quite nicely. Only wish we had more time, leaving at 5:30 for a 4 hour drive, in a lighting storm, with no petrol, was horrid. Still can’t say we weren’t warned (The clue was, as they say, in the title). Thanks for all the wonderful dances!

stewart38
5th-March-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks Rebecca. My car was one of those affected. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on the scaley low life that did it though.:angry:

To be fair to Ceroc, although the whole car parking thing probably needs to be looked at again, they handled the situation brilliantly. Mike Ellard, who before the weekend I only knew of by reputation, was excellent.

what happend to the secured off site car parking then wasnt that there this year ?

I paid to get a parking space and even when i arrived 10.30pm friday there was still a fair number of spaces

Minnie M
5th-March-2007, 06:00 PM
......I paid to get a parking space and even when i arrived 10.30pm friday there was still a fair number of spaces

I arrived lunch time Saturday and had to go round the circuit three times before squeezing my little micra on to a very muddy grass verge :sick:

Did some people park 'free' :confused: When I arrived the guy at the gates asked to see my paperwork, my chalet mate had the same papers (I was asked to pass on this as I was the lead person) - could she have used her set of papers to get her car in ??

Have to admit, I was a little cross, as after paying the £10 I did at least expect a 'legal' parking spot.

TurboTomato
5th-March-2007, 06:26 PM
ending up flat on my *rse mid way through the baby aerials class!

Sorry about that :blush:

fletch
5th-March-2007, 06:54 PM
Enjoyed it. :clap:

Absolutly knackered this morning though. Red bull hangover too.

Great to meet some of the forumites at last.

Fab dances woodface, :hug: you can spin, but hay what do I know :wink:

see it wasn't me that mentioned it first :na: but I think I can get a good couple of weeks entertainment out of this one:D

ho! and we have now remained 'share with a stranger' to 'sh&g with a stranger' :whistle: I don't think the poor bloke that was supposed to be sharing with Jamie will ever be the same again :rofl:

Glad some one got lucky:kiss: 'got help me if ever I get lucky :( I will be in for some stick' :D but you know what they say if you give it, you have to take it, isnt that right Jamie :eek: :wink: :rofl:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Only wish we had more time,

Time has a habbit of running out on you :sad: come on get your finger out :hug:

Thanks for the lovely dances :hug:

just of to work and we didn't go to bed at all last night, so it will be tomorrow for my full review. :flower:

to tired to do spell check sorry :tears:

FoxyFunkster
5th-March-2007, 06:58 PM
Well did it live up to peoples expectations ?

Absolutely....Felt sorry for the people who had their cars broken into, on a happier note some amazing memories were created not least.........

1, The Team Tag at 1.30am on the main hall on saturday, All involved created something very special....

2, Amazing sets by Mark and Rocky, Highlights from Rocky included `lets get it on in public` for SilverFox!!!! and Senorita By MrJT this morning at 6.30am.....:respect:

3, And last but not least the weekend was most memorable for the endless stream of amazing dances with Foxylady, Lori, Cruella, Denise, Jo, Kathy, Toni, Rebecca, AlexyMiss, Kathleen, Nadia, to name but a few....:respect: to everyone

Paulthetrainer
5th-March-2007, 07:49 PM
what happend to the secured off site car parking then wasnt that there this year ?

I paid to get a parking space and even when i arrived 10.30pm friday there was still a fair number of spaces

Apparently the secure offsite parking was supposed to be one of the local pay and display car parks. We were told that the council had decided not to let Ceroc use it because they wanted it keep it for the general public, because they expected the weather to be mild :confused: and get lots of visitors.

Seems then either Ceroc or the council cocked up. Surely a booking is a booking?

I parked directly outside Londis on the main road, so i was probably nearer to my chalet than many of the people that were parked inside Pontins. Would've been great but for the damage to my car!

Obviously Pontins has a harder time accommodating Ceroc people's cars as opposed to holidaymakers cars because they are nearly all familys and would automatically car share.

I'd have happily car shared, but I needed to have the freedom to return home at a time that suited me.

Maybe next time they'll get the secure car park thing sorted. Failing that perhaps some kind of periodic mini-bus service from selected Ceroc venue's might work.

Paul

MartinHarper
5th-March-2007, 08:23 PM
Good weekend. Sadly, my mind got a bit in the way of having a good time for bits of it: random insecurities and junk. Meant I missed dances with some folks I wanted to dance with. 50% of the hobby is mental, or somesuch.

Hang-ups aside, I had a lot of great dances. Jamie wins first place.

DavidY
5th-March-2007, 08:24 PM
Only wish we had more time, leaving at 5:30 for a 4 hour drive, in a lighting storm, with no petrol, was horrid.Well at least the weather was nicer by 11am, so my time spent waiting for the AA man to arrive :( was at least reasonably dry. Didn't get off the site till 14:00 tho.

Aorta
5th-March-2007, 08:48 PM
:awe: It was a great weekend, with some lovely music upstairs and in the blues room. Had some fun times with Les, Mark and Steve practicing arials and drops in 1 sq.m of floor space in their chalet. Even went 'swimming' in the sea. Didn't get my car broken into thank goodness (feel sorry for those who did :really: :really: :really: :really: :really:)...even got to walk on the beach to the amazing sea wall (some kind of military defence thing?) when the rain stopped on Sunday :yum:
Best bits: Mark Forster's DJ sets, the sheep in the field outside my kitchen window (why am I always MILES away from the venue??!! :tears: ) the beach and the lunar eclipse (of course) :flower: :yeah: :cheers:

Wouldbe
5th-March-2007, 08:51 PM
A faaaan-tas-tic weekend! I was in such a *&%$-ing awful mood when I arrived as I was late after a rubbish day at work and it was peeing down incessantly, but all was well within 10 minutes of hitting the dance floor. They should definitely make Ceroc available on the NHS and promote Camber instead of counselling!

The speed of the floor was perfect (at least I found). The dances were amazing - so many great dancers in such a small space.

Class-wise the Cuban Blues did it for me, particularly the second class of the weekend. Mark and Rachel if you're reading... WOW! :waycool: :respect: Thoroughly loved every minute and can't wait to use what I've learned and hopefully pick up some more.

Very cool to meet some new people. Had a lovely chat with Fletch. What a star and what a wardrobe!!! Never seen so many different outfits on one person in two days! :flower: Very cool also getting to know better people I thought I already knew well. Long live Salomons!

And not that I want to turn this into a "kissing-strangers'-bottoms" thread, but Jamie your dancing was inspirational :worthy: though I think I missed the infamous dance people have been talking about. The others were impressive enough!

Thanks all for such a great time.:clap:

TurboTomato
5th-March-2007, 09:37 PM
And not that I want to turn this into a "kissing-strangers'-bottoms" thread

Nor me, however I must say (having stayed upstairs for most of the duration) I stood and watched CentrAlex dancing in awe, just fantastic and inspirational :worthy:

Fletch and Witty - thanks for the dances, you're both fab :love: :D

Double Trouble - nice to meet you but I couldn't find you for a dance later in the weekend!

I enjoyed the classes, highlights for me being Howard and Nicola - simple and stylish moves that you can actually use in freestyle and a lovely light-hearted teaching style. Oh and of course Steve and Lida doing the mini-aerials - my brain wasn't quite in gear before 11am on Sunday morning hence why SA ended up on the floor :blush: We thought it best to sit out the rest of the class!

Wouldbe
5th-March-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh and of course Steve and Lida doing the mini-aerials - my brain wasn't quite in gear before 11am on Sunday morning hence why SA ended up on the floor :blush: We thought it best to sit out the rest of the class!

Know how you feel. I ache all over today as a result of that class!!! My fault entirely. Should've warmed up and down properly, but didn't have time the hours of stretching needed before a 10.45am class after the night before! Managed not to drop CO, but felt somewhat inadequate not coping with such a light lady in all those moves.:blush:

They say practice makes perfect. In this case practice causes immobility! Will have to leave it a couple of days till I try again!

Anyone for an armjive?

fletch
5th-March-2007, 10:46 PM
Jamie wins first place.

Not you as well :rolleyes: :whistle:

I wonder if Jamie can spin plates as well as his admirers :wink:

go Jamie, go Jamie, go Jamie :worthy:

Very cool to meet some new people. Had a lovely chat with Fletch. What a star and what a wardrobe!!! Never seen so many different outfits on one person in two days! :flower: Very cool also getting to know better people I thought I already knew well. Long live Salomons!

And not that I want to turn this into a "kissing-strangers'-bottoms" thread, but Jamie your dancing was inspirational :worthy: though I think I missed the infamous dance people have been talking about. The others were impressive enough!

Thanks all for such a great time.:clap:

why thank you honey :flower:

sorry I din't manage to get you a dance with the most popular Fletcherette but as you can see he was in grate demand :respect:

I came back down stairs not long after 'that dance' to be pulled to one side by someone saying, one of your Fletcherette's has just had a dance, and I wasn't impressed carn't you keep 'em in line :really: :rofl:

I missed the dance cos I was having a similar experence up stairs with the fabulous Paul:drool: :eek: :devil:

For anyone one watching I hope I didn't offend,:blush: it was all about 'the dance' :respect: somehow I don't think i'm his type:wink:

Fletch and Witty - thanks for the dances, you're both fab :love: :D

!

You to Turbo :flower: what a weekend :eek: :clap:

fletch
5th-March-2007, 10:50 PM
Anyone for an armjive?

That i'll be Jamie :whistle: :innocent:

I'll be in for it when he logs on, he left mine at 5 and should be home, but would think he is quite exhaused, and gone straight to bed :wink:

:rofl:

Paul F
6th-March-2007, 12:48 AM
Contrary to my fears the music played really hit the spot for me, and the teaching I saw was excellent. We only really participated in Paul F’s classes – Paul you were great, so natural. This was my 3rd WCS class at a weekender and Paul’s teaching really made the concepts stick like no-one I’ve seen before him. I was even being led in swing by some very patient partners in freestyle! **Anyone know any regular classes in the Central region?**

Aww, thanks Rebecca :hug: I really appreciate that.
The feedback we got was fantastic which makes me think that WCS really does have a place at the weekenders.
I have to give credit to Catherine though for pointing out things to me. I tend to sometimes get over-enthusiastic when talking about dance. As she is a pro dance teacher she really helped me to cut out the waffle so I didnt bore people to death :nice: I could go on for hours! :rofl:
Much of the structure for the lessons was worked out through chats with a lady from the US so all I really did was stand on stage and say it!! :blush:

The usual issue came up though. I can pretty much guarantee now that I will have to tell at least 5 people per class "Sorry, there just isnt any WCS classes in your area" :sad:
As for Central though doesn't Paul (JiveP) teach classes somewhere? I need to know as some folks from Cambridge were asking.

Minnie M
6th-March-2007, 12:49 AM
I had a fab time - a little different than expected as it had dancing high and lows, but the lows I turned into social with the girlies so weren't actually lows.

My fave dance was with the very sexy Russel Saxby but had lots and lots of lovely dances. Martin Harper :respect: you rocked this weekend - absolutely fab, and your dancing shyness has seemed to have gone completely :clap:

But the weekend defnitely goes to Jamie :clap: :clap: he stole the show, and who was that fabby tall chap you were dancing lots with - you looked really great together.

I spent lots of time during the day in my chalet watching the classes and the great dance films. Was looking forward to seeing the amazing Mike Ellard teaching the Foxtrot - however all I saw was a pair of boots on the stage and his voice (the camera was pointed to the stage, but Mike was teaching on the floor :whistle: )

Was very disappointed not to hear OXO's set :sad: found out his set was quite early in the evenng - however had lots of fabby dances with him instead. Do wish we knew the DJ's rota beforehand :tears:

(Fave set(s) was Marc's closely followed by Rocky and Foxy :respect: but Sally was on form too, she turned a very quiet room into a buzzy one :respect: loved her latin tracks :worthy: great watching Mike doing the cha cha with our lovely Lory :worthy: )

Spent most of the time downstairs (as normal) don't have any complaints about the music it was all very good - however, a little misplaced at times (too slow too early and too fast later etc)

Music upstairs was surprising good most of the time, but couldn't get the dancers to reflect my mood of the dance - not really complaining as I enjoy dancing with beginners too, however not too many when the music is good :innocent: (hope I'm not turning into a dance snob - sorry)

Did anyone else notice how hot it was downstairs on Saturday night - yet much cooler upstairs (a first) however on Sunday it was reversed (back to normal hot up and cooler downstairs)

Water cooler machines :clap: :clap: :clap: fantastic and they seemed to be always full :worthy:

Thank you Mike and his wonderful team for a great weekend. (and thank you Sparkes for the yummy cake on Sunday night :drool: )

Spin dryer
6th-March-2007, 12:51 AM
A lovely weekend on and off the dancefloor.

Highlights:

1. Hour after hour of gorgeous dances with gorgeous dancers to gorgeous music. I'm still in heaven.

2. So much laughter with Les and Steve, punctuated by even more laughter with Mel and Sarah.

3. Watching crazy friends going off to skinny dip in the sea, and seeing them blue, but still alive afterwards.

4. A great lunch at The Place with Gerry, Celia, Debbie and Annie. Scallops to die for.

5. Watching Gerry do aerials with Mike and Linda's baby during lunch at The Place.

6. The almost overwhelming sense of happiness at 6.30am on Sunday morning as everyone was smiling at each other doing the final, solo dance. And again on Monday morning.

7. Witnessing an amazingly beautiful pink sunrise as I left the blues room on Sunday morning.

8. Playing DJ with my new hifi and ipod and prompting the people in my block to come out dancing in the rain.

9. The professionalism of the way the event was run. Well done to Mike and all the crew.

Yogi_Bear
6th-March-2007, 09:25 AM
..............As for Central though doesn't Paul (JiveP) teach classes somewhere? I need to know as some folks from Cambridge were asking.

Yes, he doesteach WCS, in Corby on Sunday afternoons about twice a month. Details should be on UK-WCS: UK West Coast Swing - Homepage (http://www.uk-wcs.co.uk) or else contact Paul as above or pm me for details. The ext session is on Sunday 11 March from 10.00-13.00.
Ian

fletch
6th-March-2007, 09:49 AM
IBut the weekend defnitely goes to Jamie :clap: :clap: he stole the show, and who was that fabby tall chap you were dancing lots with - you looked really great together.

If it was the guy with the baseball hat on that was Paul...otherwise known as......no,no, Fletch's lips are sealed :wink:

he is my new additon to the Fletcherette's :drool: he gives you a good 'Jamie special' but defiantly not for the shy retiring type, I just about coped :worthy:

I agree the weekend defiantly goes to Jamie, :clap: this young man still hasn't been dancing 12 months yet, :eek: and IMO is the brightest star to appear since I have been on the seen,:worthy: and at only 20 should and is having he time of his life, good for him.:clap:

:cheers:

stewart38
6th-March-2007, 10:52 AM
Good bits

Again cant fault the easy entry and straight in with key /car parking place etc

The weather was bad driving down felt sorry for the security guys im sure they do a fab job and go largely unnoticed , polite despite getting soaked as they stood outside of the car (I arrived 10ish) etc

For me thought the standard of dancing was better then last year and I had one of my best weekenders ever

Having the cabaret early means the 50/60% of people who don’t want to watch it don’t have to I guess

Extra floor space makes a big difference, id say there was as many there as Franco but without all those chairs tables at the side in main room and with additional flooring felt like more space (apart from a few hrs on Saturday)

Big powerful fans that dry your hair quickly :whistle:

The moon display nice of ceroc to arrange an eclipse of the moon as well, raising the bar

Bad bits

Someone talking to me for 3 or 4 mins and knowing my name etc etc and me not having a clue who they were

Tango again too many in the class and when you tell 30 women to scatter you get confusion. I got bumped a lot/ why they cant just have 50 men 50 women sign up and have room I don’t know. It was taught fine

Sunday afternoon class re ladies styling/wiggling, cant remember what it was called . haven’t a clue what it actually was . 30 women over became 4 women over within 10 mines and loads walked off. I walked off after 15 mins without a wiggle in sight

Left 2am Sunday home 4am up 6.47am for work.

This weekend really shows me that it’s the people that make a weekender and they were the best

Trouble
6th-March-2007, 11:01 AM
Good bits

This weekend really shows me that it’s the people that make a weekender and they were the best

YOU MEAN YOU DIDNT MISS ME :what: :whistle:

HelenB
6th-March-2007, 11:03 AM
I had a fantastic time with some amazing dances :drool:

Sunday was the best day for me. Great time dancing in the boudoir when ZW was in charge (meeting some more forumites along the way :cheers: ), then a great evening where I managed to keep going until the end :clap: Temperature was much better downstairs on Sunday night so that definately helped. And the music....:worthy: . Bad form to mention my favourite dances but if you felt the same, you'll know who you are :whistle:

Paul F - your WCS classes were superb :respect: Explained so well and with great commentary (though I'm still not sure what a squircle is :rofl: )

Didn't go to many other classes as I was saving myself for the evenings though did go to S & N's Coasters class Sunday morning - again :worthy: , I love your teaching style :D

As for the parking issues, I paid my tenner and parked with no problem but my chalet mates (who didn't book a space) had my details (as group leader) and their car reg taken from them when they got there and were told to park as close as they could to their chalet and then to enjoy the evening :confused: Nothing about separate car parks. No wonder people ended up parking on the verges :blush:

And a final thanks to ZW for keeping me company and providing fab tunes for the drive down :D

So all in all a superb weekend - feeling exhausted now and miserable that I'm still not there :tears: (though not sure if my body could cope with any more dancing), but at least it's Utopia on Friday :clap:

See you there...

Lee
6th-March-2007, 11:22 AM
What a great weekend!!!!

Highlights for me:

Ericks DJ set on Friday night which got me out of my demotivated state :clap:

The Footwork Fusion class on Sat by George Rundle which included a great combination of dance styles. :worthy:

Mike Ellards' really fun Cha Cha Cha class Sat arvo in the Hurricane Shelter :waycool:

Low lights: Errr none :eek: :confused:

Well done Ceroc!!!!:respect:

TA Guy
6th-March-2007, 11:44 AM
*sigh* It's over, post Storm blues :(

The not so good list (had to think hard to get this one going :)).
Until Saturday at around 12:30am, I thought the music in the main room was perfect, after that, I felt it could have had more variation in pace sometimes. I agree with the above poster who said some sets seemed unremittingly fast paced. Even the most hardcore trundlers amongst us occasionally like a change of pace.

The car parking situation needs to be sorted. That must have been horrible for those affected.

I didn't get my Ceroc cup, they'd run out!!!!!!!

The good list;
IMO first weekender I've ever been too where the organisers got the length of the caberet(s) right.

I don't think I had a dance where I came off not enjoying it all weekend.

This good list could go on forever...
Just about everything else! I had a fab time. This is far and away my fav weekender.

stewart38
6th-March-2007, 12:26 PM
*sigh* It's over, post Storm blues :(

The not so good list (had to think hard to get this one going :)).
Until Saturday at around 12:30am, I thought the music in the main room was perfect, after that, I felt it could have had more variation in pace sometimes. I agree with the above poster who said some sets seemed unremittingly fast paced. Even the most hardcore trundlers amongst us occasionally like a change of pace.

Interesting i thought they was far too much variation on the friday night and it settled down on the saturday sunday in the main room and to an extent in the other room

i dont want to be dancing to 25 different paces per hour

i bet the stairs going back and forward to the two rooms were more used on friday

I dont know why there are an extra 25 steps put in those stairs by sunday :sad:

Lory
6th-March-2007, 12:52 PM
Overall, I had a far better weekend than I ever expected and came home on a real high!:clap:

I had a few lows but not really anything I can blame anyone for...

Arriving in the horrendous storm and stepping into a huge puddle :eek: (I think the same puddle caught more than a few people out)

Seeing Underpar and not being able to dance with him (it was like being asked to hold an ice-cream and not allowed to lick it:( ) You'd better be OK for Friday Paul!

My own stupidity! I'd asked someone if we could dance to the next track that suited us more, the next track happened to be a beautiful Tango (perfect IMO) And I waited like a plonker but he blew me out! :sad:

On the Monday morning, having the chalet maids open my door 4 times before 10-30 to ask me to leave the door wide open when I leave!:angry:

Highs..

Dinner at Sparkles and Robd's, thanks for the invite guy's, great food and great company!:cheers:

'THE' dance, with Spice'n'easy:devil: :D

My head and neck massage from GD (or was it Cruella? Hey, who cares? :rofl: )

Having Marc pay me the biggest compliment I've ever had in my entire time dancing! Thank you so much hun! :hug:

My unexpected dinner date with JiveP. I was absolutely starving but couldn't face eating on my own! So, what was potentially a devesting low, turned into a real high! :flower:

ZebraWoman's Sack the DJ spot, on Sunday afternoon! :worthy:

Enjoying time spent with Toni, ZW and FL, thanks girls, from the bottom of my heart!:hug:

My 'Pump it' WCS with Kev.:waycool:

My Cha Cha with Mike Ellard:waycool:

My Tangos with Msfab:na:

My Funky 'whatever they were's?' with the FoxyFunkster:yum:

I could go on and on but I had so many fab dances, with so many of you fab forumites that I'd be here all day it I was to try and name everyone!:cheers:

But the absolute highlight was Monday morning in the Blues Room from about 1-30am onwards, the music was just superb, every track was a winner, so funky and yet so mellow too and I had an absolute ball with the handbag dancing, the atmosphere was incredible! (SEE HERE (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1359&cat=all&limit=last1), sorry its terrible quality! :rolleyes: Therefore, i'm afraid it'll only make sense if you were there! But at least you'll be able to enjoy the singing! :whistle: :rofl: )

Well done to all the organisers for delivering the goods, once again!

Photos to follow.....

LMC
6th-March-2007, 12:54 PM
Didn't feel that there was the same "buzz" that there was last year, but good weekend on the whole. Only real low points were down to me random mental crap blah blah blah - and stupidly/irritatingly managing to spring my knee on Sunday afternoon :mad: (thanks for the tubigrip UP :love: - enabled me to have a few dances Sun night, although my following was far from its already limited best).

It would have been good to have workshop lists *before* the weekend and DJ lists posted somewhere at the weekend :flower:

The wristbands were *much* better this year - no sharp edges and didn't catch on hair/clothing like last year's. They were looking very scruffy and grubby by Sunday afternoon though. And are still pink (for girls), yuk.

High points:

Spent quite a lot of time in the main room and had some fabulous dances with people I've never seen before in my life (but hope I recognise them if ever in the same place at the same time again). Music generally so-so-ish, but the dancing was good :D - particularly Sunday afternoon.

I was loving John Baker's set in the blues room on Saturday night :drool: although my best dancing in there was probably the Sunday afternoon freestyle hour.

Chair dancing and beginner blues (as lead with MH following - thanks :nice: ) workshops were both great fun.

And I had a fab chalet mate :waycool:

Lory
6th-March-2007, 01:30 PM
Photos to follow.....Here they are..

drathzel
6th-March-2007, 01:54 PM
ok, my thoughts

Bad bits

the puddle on the path outside my room which meant i had to go the long way round to get to my door (or thro the mud at 6am when there is thunder and i am scared:blush: )

coasters room not as full as i would have liked

not a huge range of nice and healthy food! but you kinda expect it

Good Bits

my fabby room mate yliander :hug:

my fabby car mate witty :kiss:

getting to practice with micks

sunday night staying in the main room for a few hours after being in the chill out zone all weekend

dancing with all my favorite leads

dancing with myself to "aint no other man"

Pole dancing class with yliander ( what was the name of that cream for bruises you told me, i found another few bruises on inspection last night)

getting asked for a 3rd in a row by simonr:drool:

the compliment and lovely dances from paul (harris, not sure of forum name) who i finally managed to dance with without messing up!:clap:

funny bits

gordon powell asking rocky for a screw on my behalf!!! (a corkscrew before i get shouted at)

i had a really fab weekend made even better by the people i had around me. The caberets were great especially Simon and Nicoles one, it gave me goosebumps!

Well done to everyone on the team and crew for storm:respect:

Rebecca
6th-March-2007, 01:57 PM
The caberets were great especially Simon and Nicoles one, it gave me goosebumps!

:yeah: This was a wonderful routine - an absolute pleasure to watch :worthy:

Lynn
6th-March-2007, 02:04 PM
Review

Due to personal stuff (sore back etc) I wasn't dancing well or enjoying dancing as much on Fri night and Sat daytime but as I relaxed into the weekend that improved by Sat night and was back on form. It meant I was sticking more than usual to familiar faces and gentle leads but I did still manage to have some nice dances with new people and don't think I had a bad dance all weekend.

I spent a lot of time in the WCS room, and as mentioned, loved the music in there. Small numbers but a big thanks to those who were there - esp a few experienced WCSers who took the time to dance with me and offer really helpful feedback. :hug: Perhaps it was partly because there weren't many people in there, but I felt that the WCS dancers who were there were welcoming and friendly to me, and as a newbie I appreciated that and tried to be equally welcoming to the WCS complete first timers who ventured in.

It was a pity that so few people were there - a lot of people came and looked in and left again as there weren't many about - more people would have given the room a vibe which would have attracted even more in. (I just persisted and stayed there even when there was almost no-one else because I'm in my 'make the most of every opportunity to learn and dance WCS' mode.)

Liked the COZ - some good sets in there. I also liked what I heard of the music upstairs, just being careful with my back meant I was more inclined to dance downstairs.

A few really yummy dances with leads I know and trust and can just relax into the dance and play with. Lovely.

Improvements would include DJ lists and if Ceroc are ever going to try a WCS room again, thinking about location and ways of encouraging enough dancers in. Or if they are going to play a lot of WCS music in the COZ then maybe an advertisted WCS set in there at some stage?

And I had a fab chalet mate :waycool:Funny that, so did I!:wink:

fletch
6th-March-2007, 02:05 PM
where to start........what a weekend.:clap:

arrived as everyone else did in a massive Storm :sad: apropriat realy, as we were at Storm and it seems to be causing a storm,:really: but it didn't make a difference to me as BARMPOT move the car to my challet and put all my things into it for me allowing me to play with my mates for a while.:worthy:

I don't think I have laughed so much on a weekender ever.:rofl:

Fab company Fab dances,

Some highlights, I will think of more but my head still a bit fuzzeled.

Getting to know Anette and Eric a bit more wonderful DJ's lovely people, Eric you made me laugh so much when you got turfed of the stage while you were DJing :rofl: Anette were we parted at birth? :eek:

Dales Kareoke with backing singers.:respect:

The lady who asked me 'do I get a prize if I find the other 5 Fletcherette's cos I can only find 5 out of the 10':rofl:

the guy who joined me for a Mowtown dance and blew me off the floor with his back flips and spins.:respect:

OXO's for playing 'Kiss me with your mouth' and reminding me of my Ex Steve Duffy:cheers:

Tom Baker..... for all my dances.:love:

Paul, what can I say, dances, 'The dance' and your lovely company, and the demonstration on Witty in the pub Sunday afternoon.:eek: :rofl:

BARMPOT who totally pampered me all weekend, I can't count the amount times he ran backwards and forwards to and from the chalet for me, and doing us bacon sandwiches at 5.30 am and bringing them back to us in the 'blues room' I think the breakfast club is getting bigger.:cheers:

Rob Ambridge, Eddie Grant at the end of the night,:eek: wow! I hadn't heard that for ages, your the tops.:respect:

Jamie well you were an unexpected guest,:rolleyes: but you aren't a bit of trouble,:wink: well to look after anyway.:na: and taking it so well :whistle:

Mark and Rachel, for been Mark and Rachel love ya!:love:

Val and Rocky what a team, such good fun. thanks for the party.:hug:

There was one low......Val had her coat taken at the end of the evening Monday morning with all her things in it, that's a BIG NO, NO you don't take from people, to$$er!:angry:

Totaly loved it wonderfull :clap:

Lee Bartholomew
6th-March-2007, 02:15 PM
i had a really fab weekend made even better by the people i had around me. The caberets were great especially Simon and Nicoles one, it gave me goosebumps!

Thanks. Screwed my cabaret up alittle. Hope it didn't show too much :blush: .

Lory
6th-March-2007, 02:18 PM
ending up on my *rse

ending up flat on my *rse

SA ended up on the floor :blush:
:D I'm glad it wasn't just me then!

I even saw Val floored too!! :really:

DavidY
6th-March-2007, 02:39 PM
We only really participated in Paul F’s classes – Paul you were great, so natural. This was my 3rd WCS class at a weekender and Paul’s teaching really made the concepts stick like no-one I’ve seen before him. :yeah: I did all 5 of Paul's WCS classes and learnt a lot.

Also a big Thank You to Paul & Catherine (?sp) for doing an extra "consolidation" class at 10pm on Sunday night where they zoomed through all 16 of the moves they'd taught at the weekend. I hope the people who'd turned out to do some WCS freestyle didn't mind too much, because this was really helpful to us WCS newbies...:respect:

under par
6th-March-2007, 02:43 PM
:D I'm glad it wasn't just me then!

I even saw Val floored too!! :really:

Well I spent the whole of my time at Storm sat on my *rse :mad: :sad: :sad: ... due to a sprained ankle:sad: :sad:

A pint of guiness, or 6, a few red wines and an early night ... but I did get to chat with so many well wishers that I would normally only danced with:hug: thanks to you all for your concern.

Mrs Par had a great time especially enjoying Paul F WCS lessons. I've never seen him teach before but I sat and watched his lesson on Saturday evening. I thought he and his demo did a great job of getting over the lesson and was very impressed with Paul's delivery and patience after the class with the punters.

I cannot comment on any other lessons because I didn't see any others!! I spent most of my time at the bar or in the chalet:sad: :sad:

Very difficult being at a weekender with so many great dancers and hearing so much good music and not be able to dance....painful:eek:

But Mrs Par had a great time:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Lynn
6th-March-2007, 03:11 PM
I hope the people who'd turned out to do some WCS freestyle didn't mind too much, because this was really helpful to us WCS newbies...:respect:They mostly hadn't turned out to WCS freestyle - they'd turned out for the review - at 9:50 there were about 7 people in the room (if even that) - it filled up just before 10 for the review. The review was an excellent way of getting people into the room to have a go - that's exactly what people need to do.

robd
6th-March-2007, 03:31 PM
Good
* Lots of good dances and music that generally hit the spot for me.
* ZW's sets in the boudoir. Best music of the weekend. She even played 'Skin on Skin' as her final track on the Saturday :drool:
* Dancing with ZW to that final track :yum:
* Opportunity to throw in a number of different dance styles. I had some cha-cha (on the 4&1 I hasten to add :blush: ), a fair amount of WCS, some tango and a smattering of social foxtrot which all went to add some welcome variety
* I enjoyed watching the cabarets
* A tolerant chalet mate (who also made some pretty mean cakes) :awe:
* Nicely slidey floors
* Some impromptu tuition from Jive_P even though I still haven't quite got those moves :blush:
* Never feeling too crowded on the dancefloor
* Wristbands were much better than at Breeze

Bad
* Not managing to make many classes. I did get to a beginner's WCS which I really enjoyed but other classes that I intended to attend somehow fell by the wayside.
* The weather
* The curtailment of ZW's Sunday afternoon 'Sack The DJ' slot by someone who proceeded to pretty much clear the floor
* Someone I know who is learning WCS locally being looked up and down by a forumite she asked to dance WCS with in the WCS room and being asked 'Who's your teacher and how long have you been doing WCS?' before being granted a dance. I saw the same forumite giving his time to help someone else with some basics over the weekend so I am not trying to say this is typical behaviour but the person I know was understandably very miffed by this and it doesn't help in terms of widening the pool of WCS dancers across the country.

Ugly
* Some t-shirt slogans were pretty crass. Unless you find swear words amusing, that is.

Gav
6th-March-2007, 03:46 PM
It's taken me a while to put my two penneth in because I've not long since got home.
Arrived Friday afternoon to a lovely sunny, mild day and had a nice relaxing drink in Dunes, before some more drinks in the Pontins pub.
Some great dancing in the pub and the Blues room Friday night (surprisingly a few great dances upstairs too!).
Had my first dance with Jamie. Don't want to continue to inflate his ego any more, but definitely the best male follower I've danced with so far.
Met even more forumites for the first time and all nice people too. One dance in the bar with a forumite that felt great, even though I didn't actually do very much :confused: :blush: :D .
Thanks to one special forumite who continues to teach me new stuff and encourage me to relax more. :awe:
Saturday, I wanted to do two of the workshops. The first was far too packed and the demonstration of the routine was uninspiring so we left. The second interfered with a very special birthday dinner with a very special person :awe:
Despite not getting to dance very much, I had a wonderful time anyway. Shame we had to leave on Sunday morning :sad:

I like swearwords and apparently my t-shirt may have caused offence. Ah well :rolleyes:

Minnie M
6th-March-2007, 04:31 PM
...........Did some people park 'free' :confused: When I arrived the guy at the gates asked to see my paperwork, my chalet mate had the same papers (I was asked to pass on this as I was the lead person) - could she have used her set of papers to get her car in ??

Have to admit, I was a little cross, as after paying the £10 I did at least expect a 'legal' parking spot.

.......... As for the parking issues, I paid my tenner and parked with no problem but my chalet mates (who didn't book a space) had my details (as group leader) and their car reg taken from them when they got there and were told to park as close as they could to their chalet and then to enjoy the evening :confused: Nothing about separate car parks. No wonder people ended up parking on the verges :blush: ..

hmmmmm......... thought that might have happened ..... not your chalet mates' fault though

stewart38
6th-March-2007, 04:41 PM
YOU MEAN YOU DIDNT MISS ME :what: :whistle:

Not my fault if you were in bed all weekend, poorly :whistle:

Well done to everyone on the team and crew for storm:respect:

Agree best ive seen from them

Yes for the crew as well , cant be fun looking at peoples wrists for an hour or two unless you have a wrist fetish ?

Sheepman
6th-March-2007, 06:00 PM
Oops - still editing...

Cruella
6th-March-2007, 06:06 PM
I had an absolute ball with the handbag dancing, the atmosphere was incredible! (SEE HERE (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1359&cat=all&limit=last1), sorry its terrible quality! :rolleyes: Therefore, i'm afraid it'll only make sense if you were there! But at least you'll be able to enjoy the singing! :whistle: :rofl: )

:rofl: I see 'The Finger' made an star appearance too!

stewart38
6th-March-2007, 06:24 PM
* * The curtailment of ZW's Sunday afternoon 'Sack The DJ' slot by someone who proceeded to pretty much clear the floor

Yes I notice that, the 234bpm thing after a mellow phase

why cant we score the DJs at the end of their set out of 5, put it in a post box.

i dont know , but how do you give feed back apart from on here ??

David Bailey
6th-March-2007, 06:30 PM
* Someone I know who is learning WCS locally being looked up and down by a forumite she asked to dance WCS with in the WCS room and being asked 'Who's your teacher and how long have you been doing WCS?' before being granted a dance. I saw the same forumite giving his time to help someone else with some basics over the weekend so I am not trying to say this is typical behaviour but the person I know was understandably very miffed by this and it doesn't help in terms of widening the pool of WCS dancers across the country.
Careful, you'll be accusing WCS-ers of being snooty soon... :innocent: :whistle: :na:

Sheepman
6th-March-2007, 06:38 PM
Good
The journey down (albeit a bit slow at times in South London), arriving in sunshine :na: Having had a relaxed and scrummy pub lunch.
The check in speed, (though it was a little intimidating being the only one there faced with all those manned desks, it felt like I was going into a polling station!)
The dance floors, all superb and fast, and no rough edges on the temporary flooring. (I've just remembered that I didn't wear shoes that might have revealed any rough edges anyway.)
The people.
The abscence of overplaying tracks in the sets I heard.
Chilled water, always available as were the cups. :clap:
Simon & Nicole's cabaret :clap:

Highlights
The company and the food when dining at "The Place" on Sunday night.
Impromptu champagne, and watching LM go crimson at a barrage of unremitting compliments about her dancing.
An amazing WCS dance with Rebecca (who says she's a beginner :what: ) Thanks for playing that track Steve.
Several wonderful dances with new and familiar faces that transcended expectations.
The lunar eclipse.

The Bad
The filthy state of the chalet, every cooking utensil needed cleaning, every cupboard/surface was sticky, and what I cleaned from the floor is best not mentioned :sick: After an hour or so of cleaning, and plenty of bleach, it was bearable.
The strong smell of fresh paint in the chalet, OK at least it meant the woodwork was clean!
The inadequate heating - I've stayed in Camber plenty of times before, but never in a chalet with such underpowered heaters, they were tiny! Once the sun had disappeared, we spent Friday early evening under a duvet watching a film trying to get warm. (OK I know I should have gone dancing - but see injuries!)
The location of water coolers in the COZ, leading to crowding in that spot & spillages on the dance floor.
Apart from periods in the COZ on Friday & Saturday night, THE MUSIC EVERYWHERE WAS TOO LOUD!!! OK I expect that in Camber in the main room, (one reason I hardly ever dance there.) My ears are still ringing, and I expect will do for some time.
The injuries, - for me only being able to dance for about an hour on Friday night, for LM severely restricting her dancing, and Sparkles, who caught my elbow when trying to scoot through a space which wasn't quite there. I hope it heals quickly! :flower:
The Boudoir being closed before 10pm on Saturday night, when it was due to go on till 1:30 a.m.(?), when I was hoping to find something different.
Just too many dancers I missed :tears:
Missing ZWs sets.
Being too slow to get one of Sparkles cakes, entirely my own fault.

More soon ... :really:

Greg

Sheepman
6th-March-2007, 06:55 PM
Perhaps it was partly because there weren't many people in there, but I felt that the WCS dancers who were there were welcoming and friendly to me, and as a newbie I appreciated that and tried to be equally welcoming to the WCS complete first timers who ventured in. I do hope it had nothing to do with it not being busy in there. I'm sure as a cross section the Westies are just like other groups of dancers. Many will welcome new people, and appreciate how essential freestyle is in order to consolidate and improve.

It was a pity that so few people were there -snip -

Improvements would include DJ lists and if Ceroc are ever going to try a WCS room again, thinking about location and ways of encouraging enough dancers in. Or if they are going to play a lot of WCS music in the COZ then maybe an advertisted WCS set in there at some stage?
I much preferred the atmosphere in the COZ, where I heard more WCS music than I've ever heard in a "Blues" room. The WCS room was more like a stark dance studio, I had some fab dances in there, but also struggled more with the volume in there.
I totally agree re. DJ lists, if I'd known when Steve was playing, I would have made more effort to spend time in there, and I hear that I missed a great set on Friday night (have I mentioned that I was injured :whistle: :sad: )
As well as atmosphere, I think it's a case of the wrong location, maybe if WCS had been in the Boudoir, (OK a small space, but nearly big enough to accommodate the dancers I saw in the WCS room) then the Westies could easily move between the COZ and WCS. That might also have kept the pub open instead of being shut early. Up the stairs and through the ballroom is just too far to go when the next track is likely to be fine for WCS.

Greg

Sheepman
6th-March-2007, 07:34 PM
the sheep in the field outside my kitchen window I'd like to point out that at no time was I to be found in any of the fields... :whistle:

The Footwork Fusion class on Sat by George Rundle which included a great combination of dance styles. :worthy: I just caught a few minutes of this towards the end of the class, and thought "I wish I'd done this class." If there had been more precise descriptions of some of the classes in the programme, then I would have made more effort, I really hadn't expected there to be any tango in this class, and yes, I did realise that George is into tango. Essentially I want precise information so that I go to the classes that are right for me.

Didn't feel that there was the same "buzz" that there was last year, but good weekend on the whole. That pretty much sums it up for me too, (oh, except that I wasn't there last year). I had plenty of fab dances, but for me, this didn't reach the parts that other weekenders reach. One person I spoke to suggested it was because there were "Too many egos on display here" maybe somebody can explain this better to me? :confused:

I was loving John Baker's set in the blues room on Saturday night It just shows you can't please all the people all the time, for me this was my least favourite set, though I only realised this during the last half hour or so, when it was still good stuff, but just seemed too samey for me, then Marc came on, and continued in the same vein for the next 15 minutes or so :sad:

Generally I thought the COZ music was great, though at times I felt the RnB was overdone, especially on Sunday night, when I heard very little latin or neuvo tango. My favourite sets were Tessalicious on Friday (though I wasn't able to dance much.) On Saturday Vince, Marc & Oxo did it for me :clap:

I only spent about half an hour in the main ballroom, in the early hours of Monday morning. No complaints about the music, though apart from one track (Lil' Star) the speed was pretty unremitting, and out of the dances I had, only one fab dancer could really cope with anything more than absolute basics at this speed.

* The curtailment of ZW's Sunday afternoon 'Sack The DJ' slot by someone who proceeded to pretty much clear the floor
:yeah: Sorry Bill, it was good music, wrong time (I know Fletch will disagree), still, I needed to catch up on my sleep. :grin:

* * Someone I know who is learning WCS locally being looked up and down by a forumite she asked to dance WCS with in the WCS room and being asked 'Who's your teacher and how long have you been doing WCS?' before being granted a dance. I saw the same forumite giving his time to help someone else with some basics over the weekend so I am not trying to say this is typical behaviour but the person I know was understandably very miffed by this and it doesn't help in terms of widening the pool of WCS dancers across the country.
Certainly not typical in my experience. I can only think of one person there that might do this, and he should know better. OK to ask these questions after a dance, but definitely not as part of a "pre dance exam"!

Greg

Lynn
6th-March-2007, 07:49 PM
I do hope it had nothing to do with it not being busy in there. I'm sure as a cross section the Westies are just like other groups of dancers. Many will welcome new people, and appreciate how essential freestyle is in order to consolidate and improve.I meant simply because there were less people in there I didn't get lost in a corner and I got asked to dance more. In the COZ if a WCS track comes on the Westies will go and find another Westie to dance with - for me to get a dance I'd have to be a lot more proactive. Also if only some of the tracks in a set are WCS ones then Westies will be more inclined to want to dance those with their fav partners, whereas because all the music was WCS there was more time for them to dance with new people. So simple logistics.

Agree the location was a problem and somewhere closer to the COZ would have worked much better.

Aorta
6th-March-2007, 08:33 PM
I am still stiff from cavorting around in your chalet!

fletch
6th-March-2007, 10:54 PM
I am still stiff from cavorting around in your chalet!

:eek:

Viagra :confused:

fletch
6th-March-2007, 10:59 PM
:yeah: Sorry Bill, it was good music, wrong time (I know Fletch will disagree), still, I needed to catch up on my sleep. :grin:

I ment to mention Bill :blush:

Fab fab fab

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

There were only two of us left after 30 mins :sad:

I bet that bloke who could do the spinns and back drops would have been gutted he missed it if he knew :waycool:

Blind_Dynamo
6th-March-2007, 11:04 PM
This was my first weekender and I had the time of my life.
As I am new to this forum I don't know many people here are however I shore that will change.

High points of the weekend
1 Turning up on Friday night in the thunderball and being greeted a rather tall young lady with brummie acsent which led to my firdt dance. Thanks Fletch.

2 Managing to dance 2hours Friday, do 7workshops and 6hours freestyle Saturday, 4workshops and 5hours freestyle Sunday and I'm knackered and ache like hell.

3 Mark's DJing in the blues room

4 dancing with so many ladies, thank you all

5 learning so many new moves

Lee Bartholomew
6th-March-2007, 11:14 PM
Been to busy to post this yet but my highlights.

Cabaret - Doing the "All That Jazz Cabaret" - Well done to Lisa and Central Alex for the choreography. Two very talented people.

Being a lady - The amount of dances I manged to get as a follow.

THAT dance - Jamie and Imogen done. :clap:

Witty - I went in to Camber being really down about dancing. On the brink of quitting. The only reason I went is to do the Cabaret. My first dance was with Witty in the bar and within 20 seconds, felt all my passion for dancing come back. :hug:

Jamie - One of the best dancers out there. Felt honored to be asked to dance with him. Esp when I got grabbed still in my coat and dance shoes to lead him to a song he liked. First bloke I have somersaulted too. Not afraid to push the limits. Good on him.

Fletch - Bit sad I didn't get more dances with you. First time we have spoken. Lovely accent. Lovley person.

Cruella - Again regret not being able to get more dances with you but the one we had was great considering the space. Will get you for more next time.

DT and Gav - Sum you both up together. Lazy. How could you sleep through Half of Storm :really::really: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::hug::hug::hug:

The Salmons lot - SA, Turbo T, Wouldbe - Great dances with you all. See you at Salomons soon.

The music in the COZ room - Never been a fan of that room before, but it all changed this weekend. Amazin'

The Floor - Not quick enough for me but still better than I expected (I like an ice rink.)

Girls - Meeting a very attractive girl from the west.

The Lowlights

Arrogance - Finding out that one forum member was more arrogant than his forum persona. Hey mush, you aint that good.

Spins - Double figures on the spot a few times. No forumites saw. (Well none that would come forward and appologise anyhow)

Heat - Too hot. Not much can be done about it. Ran out of shirts, Had to go home for more.

Workshops - Managed to get to one

Mud - Everywhere

Sleep - Why do we have to have it?

Marriage - Finding out above mentioned lass form thw west was hitched.

Pulling faces - The forumite (you know who you are) that pulled a face during my cabaret and throwing me abit. :yum:

Roll on the next one :clap:

* Oh and thanks for visiting my little southern part of the world. Will give guided tours next time.

Degodier
6th-March-2007, 11:17 PM
Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Every part of my body seems to be aching , especially my mouth from smiling so much!! No funny comments please.

Ok, so I arrived and stepped into what appeared to be a river outside a prison block. Struggling up the stairs with more luggage than I took on holiday for a week (well, I am a girl) and then finding a freezing cold damp room is just what I've come to expect from Camber- but the warmth of my great friends and some of the best dances in my life more than made up for it.

Lots of special thanks and hugs to gorgeous 'Legs' Liz my roomie:love: (I enjoyed our towel and turban rountine on Saturday morning- not sure the neighbours did though......) I haven't laughed so much for ages.

Great dances and especially lovely ones with Craig, Rick, Steve, Steve, Mike, Brian, Raf and Carl. You guys are fab. Double trouble tag was brilliant, thanks for including me.:nice:

Looking forward to Blackpool for more frolics!! :clap:

Yliander
6th-March-2007, 11:17 PM
well here's my 2 cents worth and I'm being lazy and stealing from Dee

The Bad

the puddle on the path outside my room which meant i had to go the long way round to get to my door (or thro the mud at 6am when there is thunder and i am scared:blush: ) :yeah: and missing my footing and getting all muddy

The music on Friday and Saturday nights not really doing it for me.

not meeting lovely fourmites

The bouidor being closed early on Saturday :(

The Good

my fabby room mate yliander :hug::love: I'll be your roomie anytime darling

my fabby car mate witty :kiss: thanks for the lift to the train Witty

Getting to practise with CJ :hug:

The Music on Sunday night - Sally's set followed by, Marc followed by ...:blush:

dancing with myself to "aint no other man" watching this!!

Pole dancing class with yliander ( what was the name of that cream for bruises you told me, i found another few bruises on inspection last night) cream is Arnica – great for bruises and sore aching muscles - mine are a lovely shade of purple today

doing some freestyle lifts

The lovely company of Raphael & Ginski for dinner on Saturday

My barefoot dance with Marc on Saturday morning

meeting lots of lovely forumites that I hadn't met before

Frustrations
The damn rain - I swear it was out to get me

missing a couple of workshops due to not having taken enough time on Friday night to look at the program - would be great if this could be emailed out say a week before hand to give people a chance to check it out in advance

no DJ rota

shower door that didn't shut properly which lead to the lagoon of chalet 213

MartinHarper
6th-March-2007, 11:30 PM
Beginner blues (as lead with MH following - thanks :nice: )

No, thank you. :)

I like swearwords and apparently my t-shirt may have caused offence. Ah well :rolleyes:

With all the customised T-shirts going around, I was thinking of getting this one from the xkcd store:
http://xkcd.com/store/witty_shirt_thumb.png

On a fashion note, I was happy to see an increase in hat-wearing. I'm also noticing more folks wearing armbands/wristbands - not sure what that's about.

robd
7th-March-2007, 12:26 AM
The Lowlights

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Arrogance - Finding out that one forum member was more arrogant than his forum persona. Hey mush, you aint that good.

Spins - Double figures on the spot a few times. No forumites saw. (Well none that would come forward and appologise anyhow)

Can't you see the hypocrisy here :confused: Slagging off someone (Trampy I presume given your other posts) for not being as good as he thinks he is then talking about how other people should come and apologise to you because your dancing is so awesome and they had the temerity to question that.

BTW doing two spins doesn't count as 'double figures' :rolleyes:

nebula
7th-March-2007, 12:40 AM
It was my first ever weekender, as I've only been dancing for a couple of months, and I absolutely loved it.
Couple of bad :angry: points:
Weather - all complaints to heavenly bureaucrats, I know, but would have been nicer not to arrive soaking wet.
Parking - walking back along the main road on my own, in the pitch black. And then finding out on Monday I have parked on double yellows and got two penalty notices!
Schedule - would have been nice to know the workshops schedule at least a couple of days beforehand. The leaflets were obviously printed sometime before the event, why couldn't it have been posted on the website?
Partners - I've noticed a lot of ladies standing / sitting around waiting for somebody to ask them. While I have no reservations at all to come and ask people for a dance, I felt really bad about some others. Is that usual? I'd have thought if people actually make an effort of going all the way to camber, they'd be more ... pro-active?
The last - why did it go so quick?!!!!! :tears:

Good :yum: points:
Everything else!!!! Danced blues for the first time in my life - absolutely loved it! Great combinaion of lessons - managed to get to WCS and Street Dance - was it a Funky Duo? -can't remember the name. And Howard and Nicola's class was fab - I solemnly declare that I will use my spare hand more from now on! I liked the hat, by the way...
And the last - thank you for such a fantastic experience, the atmospehere was electric!

Huge thanks to my roommate Ruth, and Ian, who made it all possible!:hug:

Jamie
7th-March-2007, 01:12 AM
Well.. I had a wicked time at Storm.

Friday was a barrel of laughs from start to finish... No details needed but I ended up moving to Fletch's chalet... So firstly, thank you to Fletch and BARMPOT for putting me up... and putting up with me! When I actually got to the blues room at 11, my first dance with Raphael set me up for the weekend! (It's all Raph's fault really! :innocent:) Had lots of good dances on Friday night, even got one with Gav, bless him! ended up staying till the music stopped and went to bed!

Slept all day Saturday, as you do! Nothing much going on during the day so decided to become nocturnal, as last time I was at Camber I slept the entire Sunday evening away! - Anyway, Saturday night I got ma flares on :waycool: looking well good, made my way to the blues room and danced all night, met up with Imogen that I'd not seen since December. Also saw Captain Fantastic and his Mrs, Rebecca, had some fab dances with these 2! Although I'm disappointed I wasn't Tornado'd! Had an interesting conversation with Cruella who informed me that she knew everything within the first 10 minutes of arriving at Camber... How that woman gets her gossip so fast is beyond me! Got my Southport dance from Trampy but I didn't get a Camber dance! How rude!

Slept all day Sunday... Prepped myself for Sunday night... Of course there was the "in public" dance, as well as many fab dances, thanks to Woodface for my dance in the main room... Well for all my dances really, bless him, I ordered him to take his coat off and dance the minute he walked into the main room! He followed that instruction well! Spent loads of time in the main room early on, including a fun double trouble with Paul and Elliott. Some dude in a Superman T-Shirt, forgot his name but had a couple of fab dances with him! Aerials galore, his face lit up when he led about 40 assisted spins! Had a fantastic dance with drathzel to Sandstorm, got applauded so it musta looked good too!

Had some wicked dances with MartinHarper, you're fab dude, I need a lead like you to set me up for the night, very challenging! You came through for me! Fab following too! Top man. :respect:

I've probably forgotten loads so might post another tomorrow!

God help you all at Chill.. :devil:

Gav
7th-March-2007, 08:51 AM
Had lots of good dances on Friday night, even got one with Gav, bless him!

Ahem... "even"! :confused: :sick: :tears:

fletch
7th-March-2007, 09:30 AM
Well.. I had a wicked time at Storm.

Slept all day Saturday, as you do! Nothing much going on during the day so decided to become nocturnal,

I'm disappointed I wasn't Tornado'd!

Had an interesting conversation with Cruella who informed me that she knew everything within the first 10 minutes of arriving at Camber... How that woman gets her gossip so fast is beyond me!

God help you all at Chill.. :devil:

glad you had a good time at Storm, we would never have guessed :rolleyes:

Nothing to do in the day :confused: how do you think we get our gossip :what:

Life's to short I hope you get Tornado'd at 'chill' :hug:

Cruella didn't have ALL the gossip in 10 mins :rolleyes: the best bit hadn't happend by then:wink: and that juicy bit was all mine to share,:na: oooops, was it a secret :blush: :na: Glad to share my accomerdation with you any time, mmm now what could you share with me :whistle:

With it both our birthdays at Chill and a conbined age of 66 (you don't look that old Jamie:whistle: ) I think the will be a couple of little devils on the camp :innocent::devil:

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 09:35 AM
I think I'm going to suggest to Franck that he charges for smilie use... at 1p a go he'd make a fortune off you :) :na: .

(Yes, that was my 2p's worth)

Dan Hudson
7th-March-2007, 09:49 AM
The Lowlights

Arrogance - Finding out that one forum member was more arrogant than his forum persona. Hey mush, you aint that good.

[/COLOR]

And I wasn't even there:really: :tears:

Double Trouble
7th-March-2007, 09:51 AM
DT and Gav - [/B]Sum you both up together. Lazy. How could you sleep through Half of Storm

:blush: :blush: It was more like three quarters.:blush: :blush:

David Bailey
7th-March-2007, 10:01 AM
And I wasn't even there:really: :tears:
That's exactly what I thought :rofl:

(That I wasn't there, not you. Oh, you know what I mean...)

Lee Bartholomew
7th-March-2007, 10:05 AM
BTW doing two spins doesn't count as 'double figures' :rolleyes:

Nope but 12 odd does :na:

fletch
7th-March-2007, 10:06 AM
I think I'm going to suggest to Franck that he charges for smilie use... at 1p a go he'd make a fortune off you :) :na: .

(Yes, that was my 2p's worth)

who :confused: me :eek:

:na: :rofl:

:devil: :hug: :wink: :waycool::D

foxylady
7th-March-2007, 12:46 PM
Have to say i had a ball.

Wasn't expecting to particularly.

Highlights !

Fab chalet mates (Thanks SF, S'n'E and Limpy for the invite)

Great floors (not quite as slidey as Southport)

Some really lovely men to play with (and I do like being able to play with my men :wink:)

Supper with Sparkles and Rob on Saturday night

My blues room training sessions of the FoxyFunkster :wink::blush::devil: (not that he needs much more training eh girls - but don't tell him that or my cover will be blown !)

The Sunday morning after party !

Trip down memory lane courtesy of SFs music collection Sunday afternoon

The COZ on Monday morning from 3 until the end. The last three songs were ace ! (see Lorys' post (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/social-events/11767-storm-march-07-aftermath-2.html#post348881) )

and the oodles and oodles of wonderful dances I had all weekend......

Lowlights

Camber as a venue doesn't really do it for me (well not much under 5*'s does :waycool:). Seriously though, the room layouts and having stairs bugged me the first time I went and bugged me this time.

Rain/traffic during the drive down, and puddles all weekend.

The temperature level in the blues room sat night - but it got better (either someone sorted it out, or the number of bodies decreased).

Nothing much to moan about really though.

imogen
7th-March-2007, 01:15 PM
EVERYTHING was a highlight.
the best thing about weekenders is the fact that u get to see your closest friends all together. we are all so spread out! dont u just hate that? i got to see chelsea (who is in my opinion one of the best dancers in the country), jamie, alex, DD, tom baker, and i met loads of others. not to mention finally learnin why fletch is the B.O.G.O.F. it took a bit of time :blush:

btw thanks for dancin with me this w/e gone, loved every moment of it!
xxx

FoxyFunkster
7th-March-2007, 01:19 PM
My blues room training sessions of the FoxyFunkster :wink::blush::devil: (not that he needs much more training eh girls - but don't tell him that or my cover will be blown !)

The training was outstanding however i could still do with some more fine tuning Foxylady:wink: ...i`ll be at Utopia on friday.....

fletch
7th-March-2007, 02:40 PM
This was my first weekender and I had the time of my life.
As I am new to this forum I don't know many people here are however I shore that will change.

High points of the weekend
1 Turning up on Friday night in the thunderball and being greeted a rather tall young lady with brummie acsent which led to my firdt dance. Thanks Fletch.

It is a privilege to dance with you my brave friend :worthy: :respect:

and i'm so glade you enjoyed the weekend :hug:

Does Rachele and Mark know you on hear :confused:

not to mention finally learnin why fletch is the B.O.G.O.F. it took a bit of time :blush:

Imogen :eek: don't try pretending to be innocent, it to late for that :rofl:

fletch
7th-March-2007, 02:46 PM
...i`ll be at Utopia on friday.....

from the look of your Profile photo John Travolta has nothing on you :respect:

perhaps we could get together for a 'handbag' dance :cheers:

how about eye 2 eye contact, Edwin Star :wink:

Rachel
7th-March-2007, 02:46 PM
Does Rachele and Mark know you on hear :confused:
I do now!! Welcome to the forum.

2 Managing to dance 2hours Friday, do 7workshops and 6hours freestyle Saturday, 4workshops and 5hours freestyle Sunday and I'm knackered and ache like hell.As soon as I saw this, I knew who it was. Wow but that boy has stamina! :respect:

Great to hear you enjoyed your first weekender so much. Hope to see a lot more of you on the forum, too.

Rachel

fletch
7th-March-2007, 02:55 PM
As soon as I saw this, I knew who it was.

Rachel

i'm not that bright :rolleyes: but I am blond :na:

Blind_Dynamo, the B.O.G.O.F. I have under my name you don't need it explaing :D

Blind_Dynamo
7th-March-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi Fletch and Rachel
thank you for the welcome.
Rachel I must thankyou for the dances as well

FoxyFunkster
7th-March-2007, 06:31 PM
from the look of your Profile photo John Travolta has nothing on you :respect:

perhaps we could get together for a 'handbag' dance :cheers:

how about eye 2 eye contact, Edwin Star :wink:

do i have to bring a handbag also!!!:sick: i`ll see you handbags at the ready early doors Fletch.....and i`ll bring some eye contact also....:yum:

fletch
7th-March-2007, 06:58 PM
do i have to bring a handbag also!!!:sick: i`ll see you handbags at the ready early doors Fletch.....and i`ll bring some eye contact also....:yum:

I have one or two handbags :rolleyes: you can allways share one of mine :wink:

FoxyFunkster
7th-March-2007, 07:00 PM
I have one or two handbags :rolleyes: you can allways share one of mine :wink:

shouldn`t that have read 1 or 2 hundred handbags ???

fletch
7th-March-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi Fletch and Rachel

:flower:

I hope you will be a Daventry later this month, for more dances :hug:

fletch
7th-March-2007, 07:01 PM
shouldn`t that have read 1 or 2 hundred handbags ???

you have me all wrong :na:

Little Monkey
7th-March-2007, 07:33 PM
Good
The journey down (albeit a bit slow at times in South London), arriving in sunshine :na: Having had a relaxed and scrummy pub lunch.
The check in speed, (though it was a little intimidating being the only one there faced with all those manned desks, it felt like I was going into a polling station!)
The dance floors, all superb and fast, and no rough edges on the temporary flooring.
The people.
Chilled water, always available as were the cups. :clap:
Simon & Nicole's cabaret :clap:

:yeah: Pub lunch was yummy!!:drool: And so were the chocolates that I accidentaly just had to buy at Jempsons on the way...:drool:

I liked the dance floors, but thought that the temporary floors were a tad too fast in my leather soled shoes (which are my favourites!). Tried to buy some suede soled jazz shoes, but they were sold out, unfortunately.:tears:

Lots of nice people, but missed the atmosphere of 'this is a big party just for you and your mates' that you always get at Southport.... Obviously not many Scots there, as it's a bit of a trek from Scotland to Camber, but at least there was a handful of us! Actually felt a bit lonely at times....

Highlights
The company and the food when dining at "The Place" on Sunday night.

Thank you darling! :awe: What a treat that was! Ooooh, and I got ever so slightly tipsy!

Impromptu champagne, and watching LM go crimson at a barrage of unremitting compliments about her dancing.

I'm still blushing just thinking about that! Oooh, I just can't handle that many compliments! Might have to report on this on the 'dance compliments' thread....

The lunar eclipse.

Shame we missed the beginning of it, though!

The Bad
The filthy state of the chalet, every cooking utensil needed cleaning, every cupboard/surface was sticky, and what I cleaned from the floor is best not mentioned :sick: After an hour or so of cleaning, and plenty of bleach, it was bearable.

It was disgusting!!! I wonder when the floors had last been washed. Or the curtains. Or anything else, for that matter!:sick:

The strong smell of fresh paint in the chalet, OK at least it meant the woodwork was clean!

Horrible!! It made me wheezy and gave me a blocked nose for the entire weekend.:sad:

The inadequate heating - I've stayed in Camber plenty of times before, but never in a chalet with such underpowered heaters, they were tiny! Once the sun had disappeared, we spent Friday early evening under a duvet watching a film trying to get warm. (OK I know I should have gone dancing - but see injuries!)

Absolutely bloody freezing. That was the really good thing about Southport - arriving to nice hot chalets! It took forever for the chalet to heat up enough for me to ditch the extra fleeceand the duvet that I'd wrapped up in, and my feet were just freezing the whole time!

Apart from periods in the COZ on Friday & Saturday night, THE MUSIC EVERYWHERE WAS TOO LOUD!!! OK I expect that in Camber in the main room, (one reason I hardly ever dance there.) My ears are still ringing, and I expect will do for some time.

Absolutely. Wish I'd brought earplugs.

The injuries, - for me only being able to dance for about an hour on Friday night, for LM severely restricting her dancing,

Not a good weekend for injuries for a lot of people. UP with a twisted ankle, myself, S&E and Lynn with bad backs, Sheepy with bad ankle and knee.... It really got me so down in the end (I just couldn't move my legs properly, esp. on Sunday), that I fled the COZ in tears, and spent the rest of the night alone in my freezing chalet. I was in such a state that I was detemined never to go to another weekender, ever! We'll see....

Just too many dancers I missed :tears:

Me too.

Being too slow to get one of Sparkles cakes, entirely my own fault.

Escaping to chalet, and hence missing the cakes. Yes, entirely my own fault.

Not the best weekend I've been to, mainly because of my back, and my mood as a result of it, but I don't really like the layout of the Camber venue, either. And a lot of people I love dancing with were not there. And the weather...... And the cold chalet.....

Next Ceroc weekender I'm going to is Blaze. I hope it'll be an altogether more pleasant experience, and a lot WARMER!:nice:

Cruella
7th-March-2007, 07:39 PM
Had an interesting conversation with Cruella who informed me that she knew everything within the first 10 minutes of arriving at Camber... How that woman gets her gossip so fast is beyond me!
It was in large neon lights as we drove in to the camp!

The training was outstanding however i could still do with some more fine tuning Foxylady:wink: ...i`ll be at Utopia on friday.....
Well if Foxylady's ever otherwise engaged i'll happily be her understudy. :wink:

Hi Fletch and Rachel
Rachel I must thankyou for the dances as well

I do now!! Welcome to the forum.

As soon as I saw this, I knew who it was. Wow but that boy has stamina! :respect:

Great to hear you enjoyed your first weekender so much. Hope to see a lot more of you on the forum, too.

Rachel
I'm guessing this is the guy you directed me to Rachel?
If so, thanks for the dances Blind Dynamo. :flower:

OXO'S
7th-March-2007, 08:57 PM
A great weekend so what if the weather was crap,never stopped me from dancing.
The music all weekend was great in all rooms.I do obviously prefer the COZ room but i did go upstairs a few times and really enjoyed it.
Sat & sun night in COZ were fab and all sets of music were great to dance to.
We had great fun the last few hours mon morning and top marks to everyone who stopped right to the last tracks,when i thought LORY really did us proud by capturing those fun moments.
A big thanks to the one and only BARMPOT, who at the end of MARCS set early hours sunday morning walked upto the stage with a plate of bacon sarnies and daddies brown sauce, it doesnt get any better than that.
Once again a memorable weekend for me to be in the company of so many lovely people :cheers: roll on chill guys

Blind_Dynamo
7th-March-2007, 09:32 PM
Fletch
I'll try and be there.
anyway Bright. Outgoing. Goodlooking. On the ball. Fun to be with. how am doing?
:awe:

Cruella
I'm not sure which young lady you are but thank you and it is very likely Rachel sent you in my direction and hope to meet you again soon:flower:

Yogi_Bear
7th-March-2007, 10:28 PM
Review

.............. edited out.....
I spent a lot of time in the WCS room, and as mentioned, loved the music in there. Small numbers but a big thanks to those who were there - esp a few experienced WCSers who took the time to dance with me and offer really helpful feedback. :hug: Perhaps it was partly because there weren't many people in there, but I felt that the WCS dancers who were there were welcoming and friendly to me, and as a newbie I appreciated that and tried to be equally welcoming to the WCS complete first timers who ventured in.

It was a pity that so few people were there - a lot of people came and looked in and left again as there weren't many about - more people would have given the room a vibe which would have attracted even more in. (I just persisted and stayed there even when there was almost no-one else because I'm in my 'make the most of every opportunity to learn and dance WCS' mode.)

:
I did look into the WCS room a few times (btw thanks Lynn for the dances) but it seems that much of the time there was enough suitable music being played in the 'blues room' to make the WCS room kind of superfluous, except that is as somewhere to practice and talk more, which is incredibly useful. But then again I couldn't make it for the 10.00 review class on the final night.
I took four of the five classes Paul and catherine offered and enjoyed them enormously, despite often being unable to make my feet do what they were meant to be doing.
It was unfortunate that only a handful of us were rotating in the last class - four women and five men, or six men when one of the women, having earlier decided to correct my hand hold, obviously decided she had nothing to learn so made an excuse and left. It would have been helpful had more of the experienced WCS dancers joined the rotation and at least helped to pass on some of their undoubted skills to some of us keen learners but obviously lesser mortals (moan over).
Other than that I had a great time, did far more classes than usual and watched most of the others. I skipped the cabarets completely for the first time. The blues room atmosphere and music was up to scratch, wonderful to see so much emphasis on WCS at a Ceroc event (also fab lessons from Marc and Rachel, Howard and Nicola, Siimon and Nicole etc etc....)..and I did see 'that dance' with Jamie and Imogen as well.....:D

Lee Bartholomew
7th-March-2007, 11:09 PM
The hip hop cabaret. YouTube - STORM 2007 CABARET (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDOygykIvv8)

Cheers DD+ :cheers:

Are you going to put the one of Alex and James double dancing in the coat. Funniest thing at camber.:rofl:

Limpy Tink
8th-March-2007, 02:06 AM
Its taken me a while to recover from sleep deprivation after this weekend, but here goes...

The highs...

'THE' dance, with Spice'n'easy:devil: :D

1. What can I say - I have not laughed so much for a long time!!:rofl: :rofl: It began with the look of terror on S'n'Easy's face as he realised Silverfox had just passed on the opportunity to dance with Lory. Why, you might well ask... well when Riaz saw that glint in her eye :devil: - he knew he was in for trouble! :D

It must be said hun - you rose to the occasion :respect: a match made in heaven! :rofl:

2. Spending time with people I like a lot, especially Lory - I've never seen lucozade have such an effect on anyone before! :wink: Thanks sweetie :hug:

3. The 80's revival session we had in our chalet on Sat afternoon :clap: (I think that's when it was - its all a bit of a blur time wise :confused: Some of those tracks were fab Vince & I think you should def add some to your playlist (but maybe not for Utopia!! :wink: we will just have to find another occasion. :yeah: )

4. My chalet mates - as always Silverfox & Spice'n'easy, you are the best boys! :hug: and great to have new recruit Foxylady joining us this time, you just slipped into our groove so easily.:nice:

5. Barnpot coming down on Sat night.:D

6. Riaz's new speakers! :waycool:

7. I didn't really make it upstairs much, largely due to the fantastic sets played downstairs by Silverfox, Smashy, John Baker & OXO - and not forgetting Zebra Womans sack the DJ spot in the pub.:respect: :respect: I loved being able to get my west coast fix in the great atmosphere of the COZ.

But the absolute highlight was Monday morning in the Blues Room from about 1-30am onwards, the music was just superb, every track was a winner, so funky and yet so mellow too and I had an absolute ball with the handbag dancing, the atmosphere was incredible! (SEE HERE (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1359&cat=all&limit=last1), sorry its terrible quality! :rolleyes: Therefore, i'm afraid it'll only make sense if you were there! But at least you'll be able to enjoy the singing! :whistle: :rofl: )

8. I couldn't have put it any better! The video may not be great quality, but the moment is captured (& relived) in my mind when I watch it! :D I still couldn't work out who was leading the body roll, when we were all in a line (but whoever it was... they were definately on the "off beat"! :rofl:) It was a stroke of genious palying senorita for the last track - a new tradition I feel!!

Lorraine it must be said... to get in "the finger" and all that singing you sure do have a talent - not sure in what, Jack D & coke maybe? :rofl: :cheers:

And so for the lows...

1. Val Forsey having her jacket & personal things stolen from behind the DJ area in the COZ. I thought better of the dance crowd! :angry: :mad:

2. The West Coast Swing room was a bit of a let down :tears: we had Trampy & KGD playing some fantastic music, but the room just didn't work. IMO because it was too far away from the COZ, to attract people to dance in it, especially when there was also fab music going on down there, with so much of it great to WC to, with a great atmosphere.

Generally...

I had a great weekend, not the usual buzz for me, but I think that was me - rather than the weekend. :cheers:

Lory
8th-March-2007, 08:42 AM
Silverfox had just passed on the opportunity to dance with Lory. I think you mean 'ran away'! :wink:

2. Spending time with people I like a lot, especially Lory The feeling it completely mutual, I can assure you... your a true soulmate! :hug:

Lorraine it must be said... to get in "the finger" and all that singing you sure do have a talent - not sure in what, Jack D & coke maybe? :rofl: :cheers:
Actually, we can't blame Jack this time... it was Ron :devil: Bacardi :D

1. Val Forsey having her jacket & personal things stolen from behind the DJ area in the COZ. I thought better of the dance crowd! :angry: :mad:
:yeah: :mad:

Paul F
8th-March-2007, 09:54 AM

That makes me really mad. REALLY REALLY mad.

WCS, from what I can see, has the ability to interest a lot of people from all corners of the UK. At present it has a very very small band of loyal followers. If, as you say, this kind of behaviour continues then this small band of warriors will continue to be that - small.
There were a good number of people who stayed around asking us lots of questions over the weekend. That interest is paramount and to have people acting anything other than increadibly approachable and open is unbelievable and will simply eliminate any interest.

Whoever said that must have their reasons but it really upsets me.

The beauty of Ceroc, for me, is the social side of it and lets be honest - thats how it has got as big as it is now. If behaviour like the one you mentioned continues then WCS will not be able to take that same route and will ultimately suffer.

fletch
8th-March-2007, 08:31 PM
some photo's

Lynn
8th-March-2007, 09:22 PM

WCS, from what I can see, has the ability to interest a lot of people from all corners of the UK. At present it has a very very small band of loyal followers. If, as you say, this kind of behaviour continues then this small band of warriors will continue to be that - small.
There were a good number of people who stayed around asking us lots of questions over the weekend. That interest is paramount and to have people acting anything other than increadibly approachable and open is unbelievable and will simply eliminate any interest. I've mentioned it before, but I'll add again, the WCS dancers I encountered last weekend were all friendly, approachable, and patient!

Coming from a barren WCS desert corner of the UK, this was appreciated.

Lory
8th-March-2007, 09:31 PM
Who was still up and lively at 6am on Monday morning then?

Lee Bartholomew
8th-March-2007, 09:36 PM
Ohh,

Two of the funniest things this weekend. Central Alex's Coat dance and CJ's Kilt flash to a class friday eve. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lucy Locket
9th-March-2007, 10:35 AM
Fletch has OXO just where she wants him :wink:

stewart38
9th-March-2007, 02:25 PM

Whoever said that must have their reasons but it really upsets me.

The beauty of Ceroc, for me, is the social side of it and lets be honest - thats how it has got as big as it is now. If behaviour like the one you mentioned continues then WCS will not be able to take that same route and will ultimately suffer.

Popped my head around to see what all the fuss was about (totally new to WCS)

Told to F*** OFF they don’t accept Jack Dees

How mad are you now :wink:

Lory
9th-March-2007, 02:29 PM
Names in the photo....
From white Tshirt on left..

John Baker
HelenB
?
?
Fletch
Jamie
Raphael
Anne
ZebraWoman
SilverFox
LimpyTink
Pawplay
Spice'n'easy
Cruella
FoxyFunkster
FoxyLady
Oxo's
?
Rocky
???
AlexyMiss is in there somewhere and so is Barmpot

fletch
9th-March-2007, 02:34 PM
Names in the photo....

John Baker
HelenB
?
?
Fletch
Jamie
Raphael
Anne
ZebraWoman
SilverFox
LimpyTink
Pawplay
Spice'n'easy
Cruella
FoxyFunkster
FoxyLady
Oxo's
?
Rocky
???
AlexyMiss is in there somewhere and so is Barmpot

Next to OXO'S is Fiona she is in black with Red hair

BARMPOT had light blue jeans on and a blue and white stripy 't' shirt

fletch
9th-March-2007, 02:38 PM
Fletch has OXO just where she wants him :wink:

I think from the look on Rob Ambridge's face he is thinking 'how does she do it' :D :whistle:

Jester
9th-March-2007, 04:41 PM
Names in the photo....

Top night, a few blanks filled in...

John Baker
HelenB
Mike
?
Fletch
Jamie
Raphael
Anne
ZebraWoman
SilverFox
LimpyTink
Pawplay
Spice'n'easy
Cruella
FoxyFunkster
FoxyLady
Oxo's
?
Rocky
K-Lo (not forum name)
Spikey Steve (not forum name)
AlexyMiss
Jester
?
?
?

Lory
9th-March-2007, 04:55 PM
Jester, are you the one who did the spin, in the middle of the handbag dancing?:nice:

Lynn
9th-March-2007, 05:22 PM
Spikey Steve (not forum name)Until now...

David Bailey
9th-March-2007, 05:26 PM
Until now...

OK, that's a bit scary, it's like wishing people into existence or something :eek:

fletch
9th-March-2007, 05:31 PM

OK, that's a bit scary, it's like wishing people into existence or something :eek:

:drool:

I had given him a different name, but i can live with 'Spikey Steve' :hug:

Rebecca
9th-March-2007, 05:31 PM

:rofl: That's really tickled me! :rofl:

fletch
9th-March-2007, 05:35 PM
:rofl: That's really tickled me! :rofl:

what Spikey Steve'

:flower:

David Bailey
9th-March-2007, 05:42 PM
" Last edited by fletch : 9th-March-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling"

Spiky Steve
9th-March-2007, 05:49 PM
Hmmm, here at last.

Hmmm, I decided to register so I could see the photos and I have access from work at the moment. Access will be a little erratic just like my dancing. I do feel like I'm missing out on your great communitity. I have yet to work out who you all are though?

Name was natural enough although I had some other ideas. I'm wondering what you knew me by now?

My highlights for Storm.

1 Playing tag, double trouble and double trouble tag in the main room.
2 Friends
3 Stealing Marcs dance in the blues room
4 The blues room
5 Memory is still blurred but the whole thing was amazing.

My low points.
1 I hope to get away with that!! but I don't think I'm going to.
2 There was a west coast room?
3 I didn't get to the budoiur either

That's all for now
:waycool:

Jester
9th-March-2007, 06:55 PM
Jester, are you the one who did the spin, in the middle of the handbag dancing?:nice:

Aye, a could'nae help it! Alex (the teacher) had been good enough to give me some spinning advice and I was a little excited. :blush:

Jester
9th-March-2007, 07:03 PM
Hmmm, here at last.

Welcome, Spikey. Hope you like your name! See you for a :cheers: soon.

FoxyFunkster
9th-March-2007, 07:59 PM

what an amazing picture.......awesome memories.....

fletch
10th-March-2007, 10:50 AM
Hmmm, here at last.

I'm wondering what you knew me by now?

Welcome to the 'family' Steve :flower:

you will have to get a 't' shirt now for the next weekender :waycool:

your always welcome to join the 'Fletcherette's' :drool:

what did we know you by :confused: it proberbly needs to go on the porn thread :whistle: (only joking) :D