PDA

View Full Version : Route 66 Summer Surfin' safari Beach party

Dance Demon
8th-July-2003, 07:35 PM
Just thought I would mention that Friday 18th July is the Route 66 Summer "Surfin' Safari"Beach party......( no it's not actually on the beach:tears: ) but it's a great oportunity to get dressed up in those grass skirts, bermuda shorts, Hawaii shirts or any other outrageous beachwear:waycool:
Music as usual by dance Demon & Dr Feelgood.......
All details available on www.route66jive.com (http://)
:cheers:

Twinkle Toes
8th-July-2003, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dance Demon
Just thought I would mention that Friday 18th July is the Route 66 Summer "Surfin' Safari"Beach party......( no it's not actually on the beach:tears: ) but it's a great oportunity to get dressed up in those grass skirts, bermuda shorts, Hawaii shirts or any other outrageous beachwear:waycool:

Looking forward to this one DD .... have looked out the grass skirt, it's a bit ruffled, but will give it a wee iron before the event. :rolleyes: Hope it doesn't catch fire ! :D

TT x :hug:

Chicklet
9th-July-2003, 08:48 AM
do we have to be er respectfully attired????

or are we really going for the authentic "at the beach" look?????????????????????????????????????????????

And there will be Singapore Slings served won't there????
(in Gorgie :rofl: :rofl: )

Bill
9th-July-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet

or are we really going for the authentic "at the beach" look?????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................ but I'll be on a beach - in Rhodes at the time so I want plenty of pictures of all of you in your 'outfits' :wink: :yum:

Really disppointed that I'll miss this one after John's set last week. Bound to be a great night.

Have fun and I'll think about you all why I laze in the sunshine :cheers:

TheTramp
9th-July-2003, 03:17 PM

And there will be Singapore Slings served won't there????
(in Gorgie :rofl: :rofl: ) Chickie. Please feel free to wear (or not) anything that you like :)

DD: Please can you save me a ticket!

Steve

PeterL
9th-July-2003, 03:59 PM
Just noticed on the calendar that it is also DD's Birthday on the 18th.

:cheers: :cheers:

Bill
9th-July-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Chickie. Please feel free to wear (or not) anything that you like :)

DD: Please can you save me a ticket!

Steve

and send me all the photos.......................................:D :rofl:

Dance Demon
9th-July-2003, 04:48 PM
Chickie asked.."Do we have to be respectfully attired?.....
Chickie....you an' Norma can wear whatever you like, as long as its relevent to the beach....(like coming just wearing a light dusting of sand:wink: )

Tramp asked" DD can you save me a ticket?"

No sooner said than done, my travel weary amigo:waycool:

Dance Demon
14th-July-2003, 04:35 PM
just enjoyed the second day of sweltering heat here in the sunny capital:D Just thinking that if it keeps up, we might even get some bikini clad ladies on Friday night:drool: S'pose it's too much to expect a whole week of sunshine.. but hopefully this wee hot spell will give y'all plenty of inspiration for Friday's costumes:waycool:

CJ
14th-July-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Chickie....you an' Norma can wear whatever you like, as long as its relevent to the beach....(like coming just wearing a light dusting of sand:wink: )

I'm sure Chickie'll have a whale of a time.:what: no matter what, she wears...

Graham
14th-July-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
I'm sure Chickie'll have a whale of a time.:what: no matter what, she wears... Are you tired of living? As if the re-run of the cream incident hadn't got you to the top of her hate-list already!

Chicklet
15th-July-2003, 07:19 AM
:tears: :tears: I read this last night and cried myself to sleep. I though he really loved me. I may be too hurt to post all day.:tears: :tears:

CJ
15th-July-2003, 09:46 AM
:what: :what: :what:

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

:hug: :blush: :hug:

Lindsay
15th-July-2003, 09:49 AM
Looking forward to it... hope you're all practicing your limbo dancing..... I know somebody who is....

CJ
15th-July-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Are you tired of living? As if the re-run of the cream incident hadn't got you to the top of her hate-list already!

For just over a year I have let this slide. The wee digs, the deliberate misinterperetation of my words, the insinuations, implications and downright direct accusations and I can't take it anymore.:tears: :tears:

I don't mind the odd fool misinterperetating my works of genius, or even my input here, but when peoples' feelings are involved, REAL people, even Chicklet, then I think it's time to stop the maliciousness, and let the words speak the truth for themselves.

Please. No more...

Jayne
15th-July-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Looking forward to it... hope you're all practicing your limbo dancing..... I know somebody who is....

Ooohhh... will there be limbo dancing too???

J :devil:

Chicklet
15th-July-2003, 11:35 AM
I don't mind the odd fool misinterperetating .

I read this as oLd fool :rofl: nae luck G

Wee Demon will no doubt win the limbo as, one he's wasting away to a shadow and two, I'll bet that's the kind of thing Demons do for fun on a non Route 66 Friday night!!!:rofl:

Dance Demon
15th-July-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Ooohhh... will there be limbo dancing too???

J :devil:

You betcha....can't have a beach party without limbo dancing Jayne......should be no problems for a girl that can stand on one foot and put the other one on her head, while simultaneously licking her elbow:wink:

Dance Demon
15th-July-2003, 03:20 PM
I

Wee Demon will no doubt win the limbo as, one he's wasting away to a shadow and two, I'll bet that's the kind of thing Demons do for fun on a non Route 66 Friday night!!!:rofl:

Amongst other things...it could be:wink: :wink: :devil:

Chicklet
16th-July-2003, 04:13 PM
well I was at my ma's last night and have retrieved the family grass skirt (authentic Waikiki Beach 1982 LOL) and am getting really quite excited now!!!

Now, you said before that you were booking Elvis in his Blue Hawaii long shorts - that wasn't just one of your wee leg pulls now was it???:D

Chicklet
17th-July-2003, 10:28 AM
getting quite excited now as the big day approaches!!

Please may we hear notsamcooke again???

And I'm bringing the one and only original :D HonkyTonk for a guest spin too if you can fit it in!!!

cx

Dance Demon
17th-July-2003, 05:02 PM
getting quite excited now as the big day approaches!!

Please may we hear notsamcooke again???

And I'm bringing the one and only original :D HonkyTonk for a guest spin too if you can fit it in!!!

cx

Me too Chickie, bit of a special day for me:wink:
Yes I will play at least one of not sam cookes tracks, and I will play Mr Doggetts (inferior) version of Honky Tonk if you bring it along:D ( James Brown version just so much better IMHO):waycool:

Dr. Feelgood
20th-July-2003, 04:08 PM

Hope it was a good special day, DD...

Just wanted to say, on behalf of DD, myself and the R66 team, thanks very much to everyone who came along on Friday (wearing coconuts, grass skirts or whatever) and made the night such a success. Thanks also for all the positive feedback on the event generally and the music specifically... "all" I'm doing is playing music that I love so it's very pleasing to have so many people coming up to me to comment on how much they're enjoying both the music and the unique (as far as I know!) character of the set... and I know that DD has a similar experience. Music, of course, is the inspiration behind R66...
Hope to see you all next time - Friday August 15th.

Chicklet
21st-July-2003, 08:24 AM
Yes I will play at least one of not sam cookes tracks,

Well I'm FAIRLY SURE you enjoyed the night!!! Understatement of the day!!

Another big success for R66 guys, I think I sat out about 5 tracks and that was to fiddle with my whatnot when it was slipping off :wink:

Was exactly where I wanted to be when notsamcooke came on so that worked EXTREMELY well, If that was deliberate, I thank you sir!

Wendy and I will be taking £20 each a time to perform THAT little trick again and Nick, please tell me that wasn't a digital camera, or if it was that you dropped it in a puddle or something? (where's the "scared" smilie???)

Roll on middle of August!!!

C:kiss:

Dance Demon
21st-July-2003, 03:33 PM
Yep chickie, I had a ball, and it was so nice to share my birthday celebrations with so many friends. ( Lucky it fell on a R66 night eh?:D )...
Re THAT little trick:yum: :drool: :yum: :drool: .......not good for a man of my advanced years heart.....I'm sure you could charge LOTS more than £20
And..........was there someone else fiddling with your whatnot when notsamcooke came on:wink:
Glad you had a good night.....seems to be the general concencus that it just keeps getting better....
Aaaand....Trampie nicked my CD with "He's a Tramp " on it , and some other tasty wee numbers.....thought he might like that one:D ........look forward to seeing every one again on 15th August

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-July-2003, 08:47 PM
Somebody took some pictures - here are the highlights (!) (sorry about theTramp being in most of them dunno how that happened :confused: . Titles underneath...

http://www.planetscathe.com/tramplindsay.jpg

Lindsay and TheTramp ...hmm sounds like a film title :)

http://www.planetscathe.com/tripletrouble.jpg

Name the 4 forum celebrities in this triple trouble (whos the little one in the middle)

http://www.planetscathe.com/zombies.jpg

the usual zombies and...oh look, a bar

http://www.planetscathe.com/all.jpg

The dance floor. Silky Gilbert in action.

http://www.planetscathe.com/tramplistening.jpg

TheTramp can hear voices..they tell him to dance, dance, DaAAAance.

Dave Hancock
23rd-July-2003, 09:20 AM
DS,
Any more pictures, you were fairly trigger happy on the night, but I think that your title for one of them being zombies is totally unfair, my memory is that you told us one of your funnier jokes and this was the reaction:D

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-July-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
DS,
Any more pictures, you were fairly trigger happy on the night, but I think that your title for one of them being zombies is totally unfair, my memory is that you told us one of your funnier jokes and this was the reaction:D

Do you see any tumbleweeds in the background? I dont.....therefore it wasnt one of my jokes :)

The digital camera i have takes great pictures but takes almost a full second to do so and people tend to have moved, so taking pictures of dancing people doesnt turn out that great. Could possibly post a few more though.

CJ
23rd-July-2003, 12:03 PM
We have the same problem with stage shots with the drummer's camera....

It takes a couple of instants to get going.... so you miss the "action shot"

Techie question, here...

shouldn't light reflection (eg chrome domes, bright colours, etc) not reduce red eye?

Graham
23rd-July-2003, 12:31 PM
Techie question, here...

shouldn't light reflection (eg chrome domes, bright colours, etc) not reduce red eye? I assume you mean other bright objects in shot? If so then no. Red eye is caused by light from the flash bouncing around the subjects eye and being partially reflected back. It therefore makes no difference what else is in shot unless it's so bright that your camera starts filtering out other light sources (but in that case you wouldn't be able to see the person at all probably). Red eye can be reduced by a pre-flash, which contracts the pupils, and allows much less light to escape from the subject's eye. It can also be reduced by less front-on direct lighting, as then less of the "flash" actually enters the subject's eye to get reflected.

But in this case it's just that demoness Lindsay really does have eyes like that. :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-July-2003, 12:40 PM
shouldn't light reflection (eg chrome domes, bright colours, etc) not reduce red eye?

Sort of. The brighter a room the less light a flash will give off and the less red eye you would get as a result as red eye is caused by light from the flash bouncing off the back of the eye. Anti Red eye features on cameras reduce red eye by flashing several times and making your pupils dilate, so less light bounces back.

Graham
23rd-July-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
making your pupils dilate, so less light bounces back. Actually they make them contract.

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-July-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Actually they make them contract.

err ... good point. A valid pedantic comment, sir. :)