PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everybody Peeps!

Tiggerbabe
8th-July-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

Just loggin' on in dear ol' Petra (that's LesVos, Greece :wink: )

Ok so we may be addicted - can't be away for 2 weeks and not log on to the forum :sorry

Trying to convert as many Greeks (and odd English holidaymakers ) as possible to Ceroc - with the help of numerous costume changes and the odd bottle of wine :wink: If they are needing a franchise out here please count us in................(no workshops during the day of course - strictly a 7pm - 5am type of thing!!!!)

Anyway, having a blast, missing you all of course :rofl: enjoying the sunshine, sea, sand, s.. ............( yeah that'll be right, here with the celibate two! :sad: Linda arrives on Thursday.)

Heather says, the weather is here she wishes you were lovely (she'll not make much money for Lana at the next party with that attitude though :tears: :tears: )

Take care all!
See you soon,

Sheena and Heather
(MAd Crew On Tour 2003)

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 03:29 PM
sounds like you are having a great time, can't find a jealous as hell smilie!!!

carry on and do remember to report back anyone you find that's "better than mousaka"!!!

Cx

CJ
8th-July-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
"better than mousaka"!!!

Cx

Whose? Sheena's mousaka or Heather's mousaka?

Oh, MOUSAKA? Doh. I thought it read moustacha.:what:

Em, can only say this cos you're so far away having the time of your life.... move on, move on.

Gadget
8th-July-2003, 04:55 PM
sounds like you are having a great time, can't find a jealous as hell smilie!!!

Sandy
8th-July-2003, 05:03 PM
you lucky, lucky things.

I like Gadget's little green man! sums me up completely.

Have fun and see you when you get back

Sandy x

Will
9th-July-2003, 01:37 AM
Bon Vacance!

Bill
9th-July-2003, 02:16 PM
You two are very sad.................. not sure about the MAd :rolleyes: ...........but I'll be on a Greek island too in a few days ( 3 to be exact....................only 15.5 hrs left this term !)

Given the number of outfits you bring to normal night goodness knows how many you must have there with you now !

And I like the idea of someone being as good as mousaka :grin: all right if it's a veggie mousaka of course. I'll leave the eating of hot meat to others :innocent: :D

Graham
9th-July-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Given the number of outfits you bring to normal night goodness knows how many you must have there with you now ! But I'm sure they don't take up much (any? :devil: ) space.

I'll leave the eating of hot meat to others :innocent: :D Don't get it - is this a joke of some kind? Chicklet, can you explain it to me? :innocent:

CJ
9th-July-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Graham
But I'm sure they don't take up much (any? :devil: ) space.
Don't get it - is this a joke of some kind? Chicklet, can you explain it to me? :innocent:

Why, is Chickie the resident "eating hot meat" expert?!?:D

Can only assume Bill's veggie.

Chicklet
9th-July-2003, 02:35 PM
Don't get it - is this a joke of some kind? Chicklet, can you explain it to me? :innocent:
Not sure I have the vocabulary in English:innocent: might be able to whisper something in Italian??

Bill
9th-July-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Why, is Chickie the resident "eating hot meat" expert?!?:D

Can only assume Bill's veggie.

Yes I am...........well I eat seafood.............. but I'm sure Chickie isn't alone in enjoying some meat in her diet.

Better keep an eye on the news for trouble on that island :wink: MAd Dundee crew take locals by storm........... dance shop sells out out of strokable trousers and skimpy dresses :na:

Graham
9th-July-2003, 02:42 PM
Not sure I have the vocabulary in English:innocent: might be able to whisper something in Italian?? Parli italiano? Io sorpresete anche.

CJ
9th-July-2003, 02:42 PM
Not sure I have the vocabulary in English:innocent: might be able to whisper something in Italian??

And I thought it was Latin....

Chicklet
9th-July-2003, 02:49 PM
Parli italiano? .
Soltanto quando ottengo eccitato

Chicklet
9th-July-2003, 02:50 PM
And I thought it was Latin....
It was, I was praying then.

Aleks
9th-July-2003, 03:44 PM
Io sorpresete anche.

Evidentemente devo imparare ancora qualche parola d'italiano - non ti capsico!
Reisci a spiegarmi la frase in termini diversi?

Bill
9th-July-2003, 03:57 PM
what a bunch of show offs...............:what:

some of us took years ( well decades) to learn proper joined up English ( or rather Scottish).............. and now you all show off by writing in other languages.

Huh.................. how many of you speak Doric though.....:wink: :na:

Twinkle Toes
9th-July-2003, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill
what a bunch of show offs...............:what:
some of us took years ( well decades) to learn proper joined up English ( or rather Scottish).............. and now you all show off by writing in other languages.

DITTO
Huh.................. how many of you speak Doric though.....:wink: :na:

Yeah, and Gaelic for that matter. :na:

... Right DS get in here now! :nice:

TT x

Fran
9th-July-2003, 06:02 PM
I'll leave the eating of hot meat to others :innocent: :D

have to be careful not to burn ones tongue though on the "hot meat" :innocent:

fran

PeterL
10th-July-2003, 10:22 AM
how many of you speak Doric though.....:wink: :na:

I had an english teacher who was under the misapprehension that doric was another language. It is a dialect and yes I do understand it, I was bought up in Peterhead.

I just can't speak it because with my accent I sound like an idiot.

So Bill
Fit like me loon?

:nice:

Graham
10th-July-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Evidentemente devo imparare ancora qualche parola d'italiano - non ti capsico!
Reisci a spiegarmi la frase in termini diversi? Non me capisco neanch'io! Scusate! :sorry :sorry Ho inteso dire "Me sorprendi ancora"

Bill
10th-July-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by PeterL

I just can't speak it because with my accent I sound like an idiot.

So Bill
Fit like me loon?

:nice:

jist fair chaving min !!!!!!! far ye gan fer yer holidays loon? I'm aff tae Greece like an it'll be fair scorching like an, efter at a mite gin an gie a han' howkin some neeps.

keep duncing we the quines

( all spelling based on the Foreman Aberdeen Doric as opposed to the hinterland and therefore slightly broader dialect).

Dreadful Scathe
10th-July-2003, 12:13 PM
howkin some neeps.

howkin neeps ? dae ya git a fair few bob fir that game ? thocht teachers got paid heeps !

CJ
10th-July-2003, 12:27 PM
Bene, lontano sia per me discutere perché sembrerebbe il pollo del bambino È l'esperto che ineating la carne calda.

Se non siete d'accordo, o sapete più meglio, ora il momento di dire. Altrimenti, è stato decretato!!

Ard del pozzo ' .:D :D :D :D

Graham
10th-July-2003, 12:48 PM
Bene, lontano sia per me discutere perché sembrerebbe il pollo del bambino È l'esperto che ineating la carne calda.

Se non siete d'accordo, o sapete più meglio, ora il momento di dire. Altrimenti, è stato decretato!!

Ard del pozzo ' .:D :D :D :D Che?

Pollo del bambino - Uccellinetta?

ineating - tenti a non dimenticarsi gli spazi quando usando il web-traduzione

Ard??

CJ
10th-July-2003, 01:10 PM

Ard??

1st timers!?!

Wel 'Ard!:wink:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-July-2003, 01:48 PM
Rubbish Italian posted by Graham and CJ

ineating - tenti a non dimenticarsi gli spazi quando usando il web-traduzione...etc...[snip]

andando a non fare quello!

come!

appena, andando a non!

hmm, it loses something in translation :)

Chicklet
10th-July-2003, 02:07 PM
who's heard the original of Volare all in Italian???????

bit plinky plinky on the piano but lovely lovely song

Bill
10th-July-2003, 02:11 PM

No............but have you heard it in Doric ? With full supporting cast on fiddle, accordian, bagpipes and paper & comb and of course a heavenly choir of bleating sheep. So moving........ bring a tear to the eye :tears:

Chicklet
10th-July-2003, 02:13 PM
No............but have you heard it in Doric ? With full supporting cast on fiddle, accordian, bagpipes and paper & comb and of course a heavenly choir of bleating sheep. So moving........ bring a tear to the eye :tears:
Well we'll have to have a nice quiet dance in the squash court next eds party and you can sing it to me:eek:

Graham
10th-July-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
andando a non fare quello!

come!

appena, andando a non!

hmm, it loses something in translation :)

I've done this in French before - Wendy and I had a fantastic holiday in France one time trying to catch each other out with literal translations of sayings and catchphrases.

What do you mean rubbish? :reallymad

Graham
10th-July-2003, 02:17 PM

bit plinky plinky on the piano but lovely lovely song I think I have it on CD at home but I'll need to check

Chicklet
10th-July-2003, 02:22 PM
I think I have it on CD at home but I'll need to check

Look for Come Prima by Marino Marini too - same kind of thing - they both bring back so many memories of my time in the Upper East Side in the late 50s:D

Dance Demon
10th-July-2003, 03:18 PM

This might not surprise you Chickie, but...................I've got it:D
thought about playing it a few times, but the slow bit in the middle causes problems for Cerocers:wink:

Tiggerbabe
12th-July-2003, 03:09 PM
Given the number of outfits you bring to normal night goodness knows how many you must have there with you now !

Ah well, that's why I brought the children *g* as they get 20kg baggage allowance as well (and the two pairs of shorts, swimming trunks and t-shirts that my boys were bringing each don't use up that much ). The strokeable trousers got left at home, though, as black (albeit extremely wonderfully strokeable) velvet is way tooooo hot for here........
and Graham's right - the tops (mine anyway - no idea about Heather's :wink:......) don't take up much room in the suitcase............
Some fab shops here which have meant the purchase of one or two more as well :D

And I like the idea of someone being as good as mousaka :grin:

Me too - if we find anyone we'll let you know girls........

See you all soon,
Sheen xx

Heather
14th-July-2003, 03:24 PM
:D 60kg luggage allowance and The Lovely Sheena still has to borrow one of my skirts, to go with another "little top" that she just happened to spy in a shop the other day!!!!!:rofl:

Still having a great time out here, Sheena goes home Thursday:sick: and will no doubt be at the Aberdeen dance on Saturday, so look out folks, no rest for all you men!!!

I could be a real smart a**e and write you a message in Greek ( without the aid Google ) but I really can't be bothered!!!!!:rofl:

Missing the dancing and Double Trouble is just NOT the same with your pals, and certainly not on an Island called Lesvos!!!!:rofl: Raised a few eyebrows and the testosterone levels amongst the Greek guys though.:wink:

See you all soon,
Heather,

:hug: :kiss:

Sandy
16th-July-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:D 60kg luggage allowance and The Lovely Sheena still has to borrow one of my skirts, to go with another "little top" that she just happened to spy in a shop the other day!!!!!:rofl:

Heather,

:hug: :kiss:

Now why am I not surprised!:grin:

Sounds fab Heather, sorry you won't be at the Aberdeen party but I'm sure you will be making up for it out there!

Sandy:cheers:

Beowulf
27th-July-2003, 10:01 PM
Languages aren't my thing unless you count gibberish and maths (yes it's a language.. just watch contact! <g>)

of course, I know a few useful foreign phrases..

Namely

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e' - "Where is the bathroom?"

Hab SoSlI' Quch! - a curse! Literally "Your mother has a smooth forehead!"

and of course

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam - "Today is a good day to die."

Funnily enough, conversational Klingon hasn't really helped my career along, so I tend to leave it off my CV these days!

Heather
27th-July-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Beowulf1970
Languages aren't my thing unless you count gibberish

You'll do well on this Forum then, as gibberish seems to be the predominant language in common usage on a great majority of the threads!!:wink: :D It also helps to be a divergent thinker in order to follow the logic(???)in some threads.
:confused:
:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX