PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Chickie DD.

CJ
8th-July-2003, 11:25 AM
I take it you have gone public with your news, yes?

Anyway, let me be the first to congratulate you. I wouldn't have expected any less from such a girl!!

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 11:29 AM
you BUGGER.

I haven't actually said yes or no yet and this really isn't fair cos he doesn't want it in the papers till his new contract is announced.

So PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE, just this once, a bit subtle eh?????

:hug:

Graham
8th-July-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
a bit subtle eh????? I think your punctuation is wrong, Chickie - should it not be:

C: "a bit subtle"
CJ: "eh?????"

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 11:37 AM
rarely wrong but very right again G!!!!!

CJ, be watching your back VERY CLOSELY for cream!!!!!

CJ
8th-July-2003, 11:44 AM
SORRY!!:sorry

I was just so excited when I found out!!

Ok, subtle it is. But let me know AS SOON as it goes through....

Anyway, how the hell do you know Paul?!?!? (He wouldn't say!!)

:sorry :sorry :sorry

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 11:53 AM
There's a lot to be said for indulging in corporate hospitality - one gets to dress up and meet ALL kinds of people!!!

I take it conversation turned to mutual aquaintances at your last "gig"???They were both pished as pished things when they got back but never said they had been blabbing!!!

Anyway, I said I'm only doing it if he buys me one of the nice new Z4s as a pressie!!! and there was a waiting list so it might never happen!!:D

Dreadful Scathe
8th-July-2003, 12:08 PM
Everything posted by Chicklet
?.

whats going on ? :D

Gadget
8th-July-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
whats going on ? :D
Dunno :innocent: but if I can get a new Z4 I'll say yes too! :D

CJ
8th-July-2003, 12:14 PM
I never work them, but was invited this year.

Incredible watching them all let their hair down!! Anyway, never got to meet him (but he was fairly sloshed. Did he tell you he outbid himself for that signed print!?!?!?) that I REMEMBER, but yeah, it came up quite a bit.

Might be telling tales out of school here, but the guys have started planning the first weekend already. Too much time and not enough golf in the off-season, one fears.

Anyway, am keeping head low, and ears to the ground... going to get some more water down me. God, I'm getting too old for this drinking malarky....

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 12:18 PM
Believe it or not I have a bit of a life "off Forum":rofl:

and have a private life itty bitty (at least it WAS) secret, that has very recently moved on an itty bitty and SOMEONE thinks it's funny that y'all don't know and appears to be determined to drag it all out!!

and unfortunately it looks like I'm in a kind of a blackmail situation cos if I don't play up he will just blab!!!!!!!And I'm trying to roll with it cos I guess it's going to come out some day soon anyway and you'll all hate me if you read it in the "small papers".

Aha, maybe I'm worrying needlessly cos none of you lovely people would read that kind of paper???

CJ
8th-July-2003, 12:25 PM
Chickie, I AM sorry.

I wasn't thinking this morning, but I promise not to say anything else.

Anyway, I'm, giving up... I'm going to have to go back to sleep. I can't handle this headache.

:sick: :sick: :tears: :sick: :sick:

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Did he tell you he outbid himself for that signed print!?!?!?) that I REMEMBER, but yeah, it came up quite a bit.

Might be telling tales out of school here, but the guys have started planning the first weekend already. Too much time and not enough golf in the off-season, one fears.

No I didn't know he outbid himself but I can believe it. That thing is hideous. I told him to take it to the Bothwell Bridge and leave it in the loo!!

Is this the Galway weekend or another one I don't knw about??
Hooray Hooray for Ceroc parties!!!

CJ
8th-July-2003, 12:28 PM
I'll say Galway, but if it goes to plan someone is going to freak!!

FANFCUKINGTASTIC plan, tho.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bill
8th-July-2003, 12:39 PM
Anyway, I said I'm only doing it if he buys me one of the nice new Z4s as a pressie!!! and there was a waiting list so it might never happen!!:D

:confused: :what: ............no idea !!!!!!!!!!!!! and what's a Z4??

is this enigmatic or what ???????????

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Bill
:confused: :what: ............no idea !!!!!!!!!!!!! and what's a Z4??

is this enigmatic or what ???????????

Z4 is very nice new Beamer.

enigmatic, hmmm good, that means not too much has been given away yet.

Reading between the lines I think CJ HAS actually fallen out with me cos I haven't made any enquiries (with him at least :rofl: ) about DJing for any impending er parties hahaha

CJ
8th-July-2003, 01:09 PM
Now Chickie D,

we both know there are two "parties" involved here, and I was approached albeit drunkenly on behalf of the other "party" (not you) re the second, longer term party!! The first party wasn't even mentioned.:what: :tears:

Maybe that means I'm getting an invite!!

As for the weekend away, shall tell you the plan but you really, REALLY must keep stum!! Surprised you haven't been consulted yet.....

Anyway, Z4 aside, have you been shopping yet!?!

DavidY
8th-July-2003, 01:12 PM
You'll be glad to know it's totally unclear what's going on (at this distance at least) :confused: apart from the Z4 reference, that is.

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 01:22 PM
hmmm, you're confusing ME now - and I know what you're on about!!!!!

Thank you for your update. The other party will be getting a very stern talking to on that subject.

(Incidently, he's just read this and is chortling somewhat!!)

The problem is that I REFUSE to organise a party until he can dance a bit better. So either I need to sort out a private thing with Smoother than Guiness( bit like the old Dream thread - but not quite!!) or I need to finally persuade him to come down on Wednesday, which has it's dificulties as I'm sure you can imagine.

And I refuse to be wound up by the weekend thing, I know fine well there will be er issues er handled there that are far greater than mere DD!! and it's not worth getting upset about!!

Yes, been shopping, but after the damage I did to G-man with just my nail, NOT sporting that at a dance night!!!

CJ
8th-July-2003, 01:29 PM
The problem is that I REFUSE to organise a party until he can dance a bit better. So either I need to sort out a private thing with Smoother than Guiness( bit like the old Dream thread - but not quite!!) or I need to finally persuade him to come down on Wednesday, which has it's dificulties as I'm sure you can imagine.

Yes, been shopping, but after the damage I did to G-man with just my nail, NOT sporting that at a dance night!!!

Can't believe you menmtioned Guinness after ythe night we had last night!! (Incidently, have managed to rid my system of some of said poison and feel much better!!)

Can you at least bring it in for a peek? Any hints on C, C, C? Single setting, group, etc? Gotta be a big one, tho...?

Divissima
8th-July-2003, 01:35 PM
May I just say, as someone who has just stumbled on this thread and doesn't know the people involved, that I think you are coming closer to letting part of the secret out...
So if it's a secret, stop now! And if it isn't, please explain because the suspense is killing me!!:grin: :wink:

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 01:35 PM
Can't believe you menmtioned Guinness after ythe night we had last night!! (Incidently, have managed to rid my system of some of said poison and feel much better!!)

Can you at least bring it in for a peek? Any hints on C, C, C? Single setting, group, etc? Gotta be a big one, tho...?

did NOT need to know about your "system"

and "bring it in"!!! you are obviously still drunk cos boys don't give a toss about such things!!Or did you mean bring in the purchaser??? Which would be far more interesting for the boys i would imagine!!!

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
May I just say, as someone who has just stumbled on this thread and doesn't know the people involved, that I think you are coming closer to letting part of the secret out...
So if it's a secret, stop now! And if it isn't, please explain because the suspense is killing me!!:grin: :wink:

Divi's absolutely right, this is all getting far too close to the wire and I really can't give out what is probably the only missing detail for a little while yet so stop it and we'll talk sensibly about dancing slow in the other thread - Divi you must have lots of top tips you can give for that???

Divissima
8th-July-2003, 01:44 PM
The enigmatic Chicklet wrote:we'll talk sensibly about dancing slow in the other thread - Divi you must have lots of top tips you can give for that Quite so. See you there...

Bill
8th-July-2003, 01:54 PM
Z4 is very nice new Beamer.

well I think we can all guess now !!!!!!!!!!! Just wondering who the other 'party' is :wink:

Wonder if it's the same party Grouch went to in Night at The Opera.........you know when they discuss the party of the first part etc....................... the one he went to left him blind for 3 days :na:

and eh.................what's a Beamer ?? Up here that means giving someone a red face or making them blush !!!!!!!!!

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 02:00 PM
well I think we can all guess now !!!!!!!!!!! Just wondering who the other 'party' is :wink:

and eh.................what's a Beamer ?? Up here that means giving someone a red face or making them blush !!!!!!!!!

All will no doubt become clear in a very short while.:D What a way to "come out" LOL

Beamer - German motorway technology - preferably RED!!!!

Emma
8th-July-2003, 02:45 PM
Divi's absolutely right, this is all getting far too close to the wire and I really can't give out what is probably the only missing detail for a little while yet so stop it and we'll talk sensibly about dancing slow in the other thread - Divi you must have lots of top tips you can give for that???
no no no no no, Chickie, this is by far one of the most interesting threads I've read for some time..like one of those teaser ads..I haven't a frikkin clue what's going on but I'm enjoying it immensly, do continue.

With less of CJ's 'system' though, please :wink:

Beamer - German motorway technology - preferably RED!!!!

Darling, silver is so much more classy: dont you think?

I'd also like to mention that *I too* am considering saying yes to whatever it is if involves a Z4 :waycool:...where do I sign? :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
8th-July-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Darling, silver is so much more classy: dont you think?

hmm is that why you have silver hair Emma ? :)

CJ
8th-July-2003, 02:49 PM
hmm is that why you have silver hair Emma ? :)

I've seen the beamer in grey, and think a midnight blue (afterall, it is how they met!!) with leather interior... wouldbe much more in keeping with the Chickie.

Emma
8th-July-2003, 02:50 PM
hmm is that why you have silver hair Emma ? :) In a *car* sweetness, in a *car*, though to be honest I am fully aware that there's very little of class about my hair :P

CJ
8th-July-2003, 02:50 PM
*silver:sorry

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Emma
In a *car* sweetness, in a *car*, though to be honest I am fully aware that there's very little of class about my hair :P

Ems your hair is stunning!!!!!!

A *class* of it's own no less!!!!

(hooray we're "off topic":rofl: )

Emma
8th-July-2003, 03:02 PM
Ems your hair is stunning!!!!!!

A *class* of it's own no less!!!! awwww :sorry :nice:

(hooray we're "off topic":rofl: ) Damn!!

CJ
8th-July-2003, 03:14 PM
I don't know much about the Z4, but wouldn't the Audi TT be more your thing?

Chicklet
8th-July-2003, 03:21 PM
nah - I like the exciting unpredictability of the BMW back end in damp patches .... can be a devil to keep under control ....

CJ
8th-July-2003, 03:23 PM
What is it with you? Always insist on your back end being in damp patches....

You sure you're not Greek?

Lou
8th-July-2003, 07:37 PM
Any hints on C, C, C? Don't you need one more C?

CJ
9th-July-2003, 01:09 AM
geddit?!?

Forget it. See, Chickie, I didn't give a stuff afterall.... didn't even remember the 4th C.

Doh!!

Still, look forward to seeing it tonight, girl.

Twinkle Toes
9th-July-2003, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
geddit?!?

Forget it. See, Chickie, I didn't give a stuff afterall.... didn't even remember the 4th C.

Doh!!

Still, look forward to seeing it tonight, girl.

.... errr ... I thought it was double DD, or am I getting confused with the other big secret ??? :devil:

TT x

Chicklet
9th-July-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
[
.... errr ... I thought it was double DD

TT x

oh we do have some great philosophical debate these days:rofl:

great unanswered questions of our time - how does CCCC measure up to DD???!!!

Actually, I'm going to knock part of this one on the head right now because it is getting a bit out of hand - still cursing Frenchfranck for starting this - I am not now and have never been DD, would topple over and that's not a good look on a dance floor!

PS I know what all 4 Cs are

Bill
9th-July-2003, 10:05 AM
I know I'm slow on the uptake but !!!!!!!!!............................

totally confused again. Are you all taking strange substances :rolleyes: :what:

Mind you Fran had to explain to me tha a Beamer was a BMW :sorry

I'm really not in to cars so I assume many of the references here are about cars?? I did own a couple of Beetles ( at different times - Bessie and Rosie :D ) but now that I live right in the middle of town and work 10 mins from the flat I don't need one ( and don't think I could acctually afford one !)

Anyway.............................. who was a double D ?? or is a double or triple C ??? Chickie You can't be DD surley.........I'm certain I'd have guessed after some of those dances on Saturday :na: :innocent:

Chicklet
9th-July-2003, 10:26 AM
ah sweet innocent Bill...just for you I'll tell the DD story just this once....if you're sitting comfortably...I think it goes like this...but around here I could be completely WRONG at any time.

Name got shortened from (my old hockey nickname of) Chicklet to Chickie D - which someone (davidY possibly, often the voice of good reason) pointed out was really a phonetic of Chickedee, favourite saying of some old movie type.

Anyway, a day or so later we were in Hammersmith - (hmmm anything interesting happen there???? -:D :wink: and towards the end of the night I innocently leaned forward when Franck offered to "fan me". At which point he declared, loudly yet erroneously, that the Chickie D was a falsehood :rofl: and that I was to be Chickie Double D from then on, which must have something to do with use of centimetres rather than inches to measure these things in French France. CJ got, er, hold of this the very next Wednesday and has decided NOT TO LET IT LIE!!!!

So you are quite correct.....cos we wouldn't have been NEARLY that close on Saturday night if it had been true eh:devil:

The original point of the thread:eek: :sorry was CJ congratulating me for er making special friends with a friend of a friend of his, who might be recognised by one or two of you.

clear as mud?

Cx

CJ
9th-July-2003, 11:32 AM
... brings us to the four C's. and will we get to see it????????

:devil:

Chicklet
9th-July-2003, 11:41 AM
... brings us to the four C's. and will we get to see it????????
:devil: no, far too dangerous - anyway, Group 4 don't dance :rofl:

Bill
9th-July-2003, 12:13 PM
ah sweet innocent Bill...

The original point of the thread:eek: :sorry was CJ congratulating me for er making special friends with a friend of a friend of his, who might be recognised by one or two of you.

clear as mud?

Cx

Absolutely............................ and sweet and innocent ...that's me:innocent: :wink:

well congratulations on making friends with a friend of a friend. Nice to keep it in the family as it were. Is that different from a friend of a friend's friend rather than a friend of a friend of a friend.

Could be the same friend's friend that a friend of mine knows but I might be thinking of a different friend - or possibly a different friend of a friend. :what: :D

Twinkle Toes
9th-July-2003, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill
well congratulations on making friends with a friend of a friend. Nice to keep it in the family as it were. Is that different from a friend of a friend's friend rather than a friend of a friend of a friend.

Could be the same friend's friend that a friend of mine knows but I might be thinking of a different friend - or possibly a different friend of a friend. :what: :D

... eh what exactly is it you do in school Bill? :what: :confused:

TT x

Bill
10th-July-2003, 11:22 AM

... eh what exactly is it you do in school Bill? :what: :confused:

TT x

Oh.........not a lot............ I do a bit of teaching at the FE College but do my best to completely confuse students.

Did tell one class this year that there was an argument for them not having to do any assessments on the basis that as I was teaching them and obviously know what it is they are being taught then they could argue that I therefore know what it is they know and because I know what they know I could just pass them all !!!!!!!! Not sure if they agreed :D

I love confused students :na: :wink:

Twinkle Toes
10th-July-2003, 07:51 PM
Oh.........not a lot............ I do a bit of teaching at the FE College but do my best to completely confuse students.

I love confused students :na: :wink:

Well Bill, If that's what your job is ( confusing students) I think you're very good at it. I think you should add me to that list as well. :confused:

TT x :hug:

ps. Have a great holiday and I shall be looking for mutual birthday kisses when you come back. :drool:

Gadget
10th-July-2003, 08:40 PM
Did tell one class this year that there was an argument for them not having to do any assessments on the basis that as I was teaching them and obviously know what it is they are being taught then they could argue that I therefore know what it is they know and because I know what they know I could just pass them all !!!!!!!! Not sure if they agreed
I would have agreed with that!
I have a postcard pinned to my fridge that says "The more I study, the more I know. The more I know, the more I forget. The more I forget, the less I know. So why study?" :waycool:

Bill
11th-July-2003, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE][i]TT x :hug:

ps. Have a great holiday and I shall be looking for mutual birthday kisses when you come back. :drool:

Oh yessss please..........................:yum: :wink: see you in a few weeks

Twinkle Toes
11th-July-2003, 06:16 PM
Oh yessss please..........................:yum: :wink: see you in a few weeks

...... mmmm that'll be 15 days ...... better start practicing !

TT :hug:

CJ
22nd-July-2003, 01:35 PM
We can "clarify" ourselves on the 4 C's:

Carat
Cut
Clarity and
Oh god, not again. Oh, yes..... Colour.

:wink:

Just back from roadtrip with band, and it's spookily quiet: no smut, no overt flirting from our triumverate axis of evil, no-one else being bumped off, our murderer not aking advantage of Miss M. being in Greece....:rofl:

Is it WW3 and no-one has told me?!?:what: