PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc DVDs - why are they such a pain to order online?

Terpsichorea
28th-February-2007, 01:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that ordering Ceroc DVDs online is a complete joke? Every time I've tried to buy one from the website, a blank page comes up after I submit the order. This has been going on for a couple of months now - each time you point this out to a customer service representative, you get the same answer: "We suggest you buy it from the Ceroc venue that you usually dance at."

This begs the question, then why bother selling them online if you clearly don't want people to buy them like this?

I am amazed that a corporate entity like Ceroc has such shoddy sales support and service, and I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks this.

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 01:08 PM
What browser / OS are you using?

ducasi
28th-February-2007, 01:14 PM
It's always worked for me in the past... :shrug:

Terpsichorea
28th-February-2007, 01:15 PM
What browser / OS are you using?

Using IE 6, and I've never had any problems with ordering from any other websites.

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 01:26 PM
Using IE 6, and I've never had any problems with ordering from any other websites.

Hmmm, that is weird - unless you've got some browser settings that prevent scripting / ActiveX controls in your browser, which may be unlikely if you've ordered lots of stuff online...

Dunno.

But, I did notice this offer on the Ceroc Scotland home page:
http://www.cerocscotland.com/

SPECIAL NEW MEMBERS OFFER:
FREE BEGINNERS DVD!

Try Ceroc for £7.00 only (+ £3.00 membership) and get our Beginners DVD free!

So if you want the beginner DVD, just go to Scotland :)

drathzel
28th-February-2007, 01:28 PM

have you tried ringing/emailing ceroc hq and asking them?

Dreadful Scathe
28th-February-2007, 01:34 PM
have you tried ringing/emailing ceroc hq and asking them?
I imagine he\she has or he\she wouldnt be able to quote that "each time you point this out to a customer service representative, you get the same answer"

drathzel
28th-February-2007, 01:38 PM
I imagine he\she has or he\she wouldnt be able to quote that "each time you point this out to a customer service representative, you get the same answer"

ok i skimmed that bit oops!

Then why dont you ask at your local venue. Which dvd is it you are wishing to purchase? I am sure that your local venue or indeed franchise owner would be able to order/provide you with it.

Lou
28th-February-2007, 01:45 PM
Then why dont you ask at your local venue. Which dvd is it you are wishing to purchase?

I imagine he\she has thought of that, otherwise he\she wouldn't have said

Am I the only one who thinks that ordering Ceroc DVDs online is a complete joke?...*snip*

This begs the question, then why bother selling them online if you clearly don't want people to buy them like this?

I am amazed that a corporate entity like Ceroc has such shoddy sales support and service, and I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks this.

:wink:

JiveLad
28th-February-2007, 09:35 PM
When I was a beginner I got really good advice and service from John Sweeney at his web site (http://www.modernjive.com/) -he advised me the most suitable DVD - and it is good!

Brian Doolan
28th-February-2007, 10:27 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that ordering Ceroc DVDs online is a complete joke? Every time I've tried to buy one from the website, a blank page comes up after I submit the order. This has been going on for a couple of months now - each time you point this out to a customer service representative, you get the same answer: "We suggest you buy it from the Ceroc venue that you usually dance at."

I bought the 3 Blues DVDs a couple of months ago without a problem, do you have Javascript turned off on your browser settings?

Dreadful Scathe
1st-March-2007, 09:48 AM
Seems ok to me too, thought I stopped at entering my details as I dont want to buy anything. Got to say though, thats one of the most annoying websites ever - the main page is the 3rd page in :rolleyes:. If you click on the nonsensical 01 02 03 04 links they open up a separate tab and shrink your browser window...aaargh...designed for IE perhaps :) Also for the SHOP itself, it initially looks ok but the ORDER NOW button doesnt do anything other thank link you to a huge amalgamation of products which you must MANUALLY select a number of - you cant even click on the name to update it. One of the worst shops I've ever seen and pretty shocking for a big organisation. Perhaps a good idea if ORDER NOW actually added the item to some sort of...hmm..shopping basket :rolleyes: It would also be helpful if the shop looked at least similar to the rest of the site, but it looks like it was added as an after thought in an afternoon.

Also, if you look up classes in Scotland, some are run by Franck Pauly and some are run by Frank Pauly. It would also be nice if on CEROC - Links (http://www.ceroc.com/ceroc_links_uk.html) the entry for Ceroc Scotland mentioned the capital city, there are classes there too :) Proofreaders where are you. :)

David Bailey
1st-March-2007, 10:05 AM
Seems ok to me too, thought I stopped at entering my details as I dont want to buy anything. Got to say though, thats one of the most annoying websites ever
Nah, the Funky Lush website has held that title for months now.

Also, if you look up classes in Scotland, some are run by Franck Pauly and some are run by Frank Pauly.
There's two of them? That explains a lot.

It would also be nice if on CEROC - Links (http://www.ceroc.com/ceroc_links_uk.html) the entry for Ceroc Scotland mentioned the capital city, there are classes there too
Don't understand - there are loads of London entries. :confused: :innocent: :na:

Dreadful Scathe
1st-March-2007, 10:14 AM
Nah, the Funky Lush website has held that title for months now.

Actually no, its attempt to resize your browser window is extremely annoying yes but at least the links do what they say they do and you automatically get to the front page. I'd say it was better overall than ceroc.com. I think it would fail from a design point of view in comparison but thats not why people go to webpages, you go to get information and funkylush is better at it :)

David Bailey
1st-March-2007, 10:55 AM
Actually no, its attempt to resize your browser window is extremely annoying yes but at least the links do what they say they do and you automatically get to the front page. I'd say it was better overall than ceroc.com. I think it would fail from a design point of view in comparison but thats not why people go to webpages, you go to get information and funkylush is better at it :)
Hmmm.... I'd disagree, especially as I normally have 2,000 tabs open on my browser (rough count); controlling the entire window like that just made me exit that site quicky, I didn't want to see what else it was going to do.

Ceroc.com is pretty bad - the "3 clicks to get to actual information" is abysmal design - but it doesn't try to control your browser. Errr, not yet anyway... :eek:

Anyway, they're both pants.

Terpsichorea
1st-March-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi folks, thanks for all your responses...

I tried fiddling with my IE settings, all to no avail, so when I got home last night, I tried using Firefox as my browser for ordering DVDs from the site, and it worked OK.

Dreadful Scathe
1st-March-2007, 11:29 AM
H
Ceroc.com is pretty bad - the "3 clicks to get to actual information" is abysmal design - but it doesn't try to control your browser. Errr, not yet anyway... :eek:

Yes it does, as i said - click on the 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 links at top right of main page when you eventually get there

Anyway, they're both pants.

yup, fair point - maybe these comments should go back in the dance website thread i remember adding to at some point :)

frodo
2nd-March-2007, 11:46 PM
Hmmm.... I'd disagree, especially as I normally have 2,000 tabs open on my browser (rough count); controlling the entire window like that just made me exit that site quicky, I didn't want to see what else it was going to do.

Might be more a reflection on the browser, rather than the site though.

David Bailey
3rd-March-2007, 09:03 AM
Might be more a reflection on the browser, rather than the site though.
Nope, it does weird things under IE and Firefox. There's no escaping the Resizing Website...:rolleyes: