PDA

View Full Version : One bad dance...

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 11:35 AM
Inspired by:

{ snip bad dance description }
I know I make light of it, but it ruined my evening so much that I went home after a couple of dances with good followers. (the only 15 minutes of freestyle between classes and only 40 minutes after didn't help, but that's another moan!). :tears:

I've had this experience too - fortunately not often or recently.

Why is it, that a single "bad" dance can ruin an entire evening?

(And this is no reflection of ability, for either leader or follower - the worst dance I've ever had was with a competition-winner)

Cruella
28th-February-2007, 12:08 PM
I usually find that my first few dances of the evening seem to mould whether I am going to have a good night or not. If my first few dances are really good it doesn't seem to matter about the odd 'bad' dance throughout the evening. On the odd occasion though one 'Wow' dance can override the negativity of a bad evening.

killingtime
28th-February-2007, 12:57 PM
I usually find that my first few dances of the evening seem to mould whether I am going to have a good night or not.

Yeah, I tried finding out the combination of circumstances that made a good or bad night. I don't think that it is often one factor though. If the music is poor and I have a few rubbish dances then I tend to begin spiralling downwards. Sometimes a dance I hope would have gone well (with a favourite dancer to a good track, say) doesn't then that can knock my confidence which can make a night poor.

I guess the latter is more the case where a single dance can make or break a night. If a dance goes poorly that puts you in the anti-zone then generally it takes a lot to shuffle you out of that. It affects the way I approach subsequent dances, maybe a dance that I would have enjoyed I just don't put as much into and that means that dance ends up going poorly too.

I'm not sure that made any sense.

Cruella
28th-February-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure that made any sense.

Me neither. :wink:

robd
28th-February-2007, 01:48 PM
the worst dance I've ever had was with a competition-winner

But a full house at the bingo before trotting over to Ashtons doesn't mean she's going to be any good at following..... :D

tiger
2nd-March-2007, 04:24 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Twirlie Bird
2nd-March-2007, 07:31 PM
I usually find that my first few dances of the evening seem to mould whether I am going to have a good night or not.

This is what I used to find. My first few dances used to be far poorer and if I'd danced one of them with somebody who I really wanted to dance well with this would put me in a more negative frame of mind. I do believe that my frame of mind has a lot to do with how my night goes. Far more than the physical act of the dance. Now I get my other half to take me on the dance floor and dance with more for as many songs it takes until I feel like I am dancing properly.

Then I can be unleashed to the unsuspecting public. :rofl:

Twirlie bird
-x-

Mythical
2nd-March-2007, 08:06 PM
Attitude.

Icey
2nd-March-2007, 08:20 PM
Now I get my other half to take me on the dance floor and dance with more for as many songs it takes until I feel like I am dancing properly.

Then I can be unleashed to the unsuspecting public. :rofl:

Yup, I get the first two dances with Mr Darcy before we go our separate ways. This starts to warm us up gently ready for the evening ahead.

Cruella
3rd-March-2007, 12:06 PM
Now I get my other half to take me on the dance floor and dance with more for as many songs it takes until I feel like I am dancing properly.

Yup, I get the first two dances with Mr Darcy before we go our separate ways. This starts to warm us up gently ready for the evening ahead.

I'm sure they are so flattered,:rolleyes: being used as the foreplay to all the other men! :rofl:

Jhutch
3rd-March-2007, 03:28 PM
I do believe that my frame of mind has a lot to do with how my night goes.

:yeah:

Sometimes i take things too seriously and get a bit down when things go wrong - if i don't put so much pressure on myself then i don't mind as much when they go wrong. I have had some nights where i haven't been enjoying myself at all and thought i must be doing terribly. However, on reflection i have probably been at the same standard as when i have 'thought' i have been dancing well. Maybe i just self-delude myself when i think i am doing better than normal :confused:

One other thing that can affect me is how i come out of the intermediate routine and the first few dances in freestyle. If I think i have done well in the intermediate routine (or it is has been so hard that i couldnt expect to follow all the moves all the way through) then i normally have a far better night than if i come out thinking that i have done badly in it:blush:

Maybe spending ages over-analysing things is a bad idea too:blush: :rolleyes:

Twirlie Bird
3rd-March-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm sure they are so flattered,:rolleyes: being used as the foreplay to all the other men! :rofl:

Just as flattered as me being used as the foreplay for all those other lucky lucky followers :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl:

StokeBloke
3rd-March-2007, 05:25 PM
Ohhh my! I wonder if there is a term to describe the dance equivelent of a fluff girl :eek: If not, maybe we should think one up:rofl:

Chef
3rd-March-2007, 11:36 PM
Ohhh my! I wonder if there is a term to describe the dance equivelent of a fluff girl :eek: If not, maybe we should think one up:rofl:

What is a fluff girl?

ducasi
3rd-March-2007, 11:44 PM
What is a fluff girl?
Google for the phrase – but be prepared for some "adult" content. A more common term is "fluffer".

Chef
4th-March-2007, 12:24 AM
Google for the phrase – but be prepared for some "adult" content. A more common term is "fluffer".

You have spoilt it now. I was quite looking forward to stokebloke having to do the forum equivilent of telling me to "ask your mother".