PDA

View Full Version : Freeview HardDisk recorder - possibly "HD-Ready"

Clive Long
28th-February-2007, 09:45 AM
Hello

I thinking about getting round to thinking about considering a Hard Disk TV Recorder.

I tried the PC-based route but the two options I experimented with were unreliable software-wise or caused CPU to run at 100% and caused much stuttering on the recording.

So ... what's currently available? My requirements, in descending order of priority:

Easy to set up programming based on some kind of 7-day EPG
Simple to navigate menus
Freeview support (maybe two tuners)
Capability to export recorded files for viewing on a portable video device (mp4 or avi format methinks)
Maybe ability to store HD-format transmissions (but as I'm not going down the flat screen route 'til my telly blows up - that's not a priority)

Archiving to DVD not really a priority.

Thanks

Clive

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 09:53 AM
You know, we could make a great list of your entire gadget set by reading through your posts over the past few months... :na:

ducasi
28th-February-2007, 10:26 AM
You know, we could make a great list of your entire gadget set by reading through your posts over the past few months... :na:
Then come round and steal it all! :D

Clive, Amir posted this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/geeks-corner/10881-pvr.html) a few months back – it had lots of good recommendations for Freeview PVRs.

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 10:32 AM
Then come round and steal it all! :D
:rofl: Nah, you'd need an advanced electronics degree to understand how it all fits together.

Clive Long
28th-February-2007, 12:48 PM
Clive, Amir posted this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/geeks-corner/10881-pvr.html) a few months back – it had lots of good recommendations for Freeview PVRs.
Excellent - just what I need.

Regarding gadgets - I have to have things to keep me distracted on the daily slog to and from Slough.

CRL

mick s
28th-February-2007, 01:18 PM
I am interested in one of these also, but would like one that can replace SKY + Planner functions and TV live pause. I have a feeling Panasonic may do one.