PDA

View Full Version : The Southport June 2007 Poll & Thread!!!

ducasi
27th-February-2007, 11:05 AM
Can you believe there's no thread about Southport for this June yet?

I don't even know how many days we have to go... :confused:

Just in case you have your head buried in the sand, it's on from the 1st to the 4th of June, 2007.

So, who's all going to be there???

ducasi
27th-February-2007, 11:17 AM
I have the feeling that there's only 94 days to go!!

Better start thinking about packing! :D

Dreadful Scathe
27th-February-2007, 11:44 AM

sometimes Ducasi, you are such a girl :)

stewart38
27th-February-2007, 11:52 AM

I refuse to take part in this thread until we have only 60 days or less to go otherwise it gets silly :whistle:

moderator please removed these comments for 34 days

David Bailey
27th-February-2007, 11:56 AM
moderator please removed these comments for 34 days
Tempting, but then we'd get into Moderator Wars. And Ducasi's bigger than me :eek:

Little Monkey
27th-February-2007, 12:01 PM

Nonononononononono! I've got another three weekenders to go to before Southport in June!! And I've not even started thinking about what I'm going to pack for this weekend!! (Storm)

Freudian Hips
27th-February-2007, 12:52 PM
sometimes Ducasi, you are such a girl :)
:eek: :tears: :eek:

And Ducasi's bigger than me :eek:

:blush: :D :blush: :D :blush:

Walk away from the thread, walk away ........ too late, sorry!

fletch
27th-February-2007, 02:13 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

yeah! we have a thread and a poll :cheers:

Now as I was saying.:na: i have to female freinds that wan't to book of June and JUST need two males to book with.....not share with just book :innocent:

BTW does anyone now what the theam is :waycool: :D

what time is the party :D

Monika
27th-February-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi

...same problem here - need one female space :what: either book with male (not share) or if any lady has to pull out. Group of 7 keen dancers coming over from Norway and one girl not confirmed as not enough male dancers and a real shame as really need to book flights soon and don't really want to book in case still can't get a space nearer the time.
Happy dancing :clap:
Mon :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-February-2007, 08:37 PM
um...can I ask why theres a "but I'm getting married the week after" option ? it sound specific but no one has selected it ? :)

ducasi
27th-February-2007, 08:40 PM
um...can I ask why theres a "but I'm getting married the week after" option ? it sound specific but no one has selected it ? :)
You just never know... :whistle:

Minnie M
27th-February-2007, 09:46 PM
You just never know... :whistle:

Am I missing something here :awe:

Little Monkey
27th-February-2007, 11:15 PM
Am I missing something here :awe:

Yup. But I'm not telling. :D

Minnie M
27th-February-2007, 11:26 PM
Yup. But I'm not telling. :D
:tears:

Little Monkey
27th-February-2007, 11:39 PM

Aaaw, don't cry! You know already, anyway! :wink:

Minnie M
27th-February-2007, 11:48 PM
Aaaw, don't cry! You know already, anyway! :wink:

I didn't when I made the post - but I do now - and it's fab news :cheers: :yeah: :hug: (didn't think it was a secret though)

(I thought it was another lovely couple)

Twirlie Bird
28th-February-2007, 02:52 AM
I didn't when I made the post - but I do now - and it's fab news :cheers: :yeah: :hug: (didn't think it was a secret though)

(I thought it was another lovely couple)

Ok Ok Ok. Curisoity has the better of me. :nice:

Please Share. Please Tell.

Ok. Yes I'm a nosey biatch................ :rofl:

Twirlie Bird
-x-

Jamie
28th-February-2007, 03:41 AM
Ok Ok Ok. Curisoity has the better of me. :nice:

Please Share. Please Tell.

Ok. Yes I'm a nosey biatch................ :rofl:

Twirlie Bird
-x-

Me 2!!!

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 08:52 AM
Can I just say, you guys are doing a great job of sabotaging this thread already? :clap:

Keep it up :)

fletch
28th-February-2007, 09:01 AM
so ducasi can you help on this :confused:

Cruella
28th-February-2007, 09:14 AM
I'd like to congratulate the happy couple on their forthcoming marriage. :clap:

Here's to a long and happy life together. DavidJames you have been very patient I knew you'd get your true love in the end.x:love: Untucking the Tshirt in private must have been the clincher.

To DavidJames and Silverfox. We hope you are very happy together. :cheers:

(Well they haven't ticked that they are going to Southport so i must be right:D )

Princess Fi
28th-February-2007, 09:20 AM
"but I'm getting married the week after"

Yey! :clap: I have my very own poll option!!! :clap:

And it resulted in a lovely thread sabotage! What more can a girl ask for on a Wednesday morning? :awe:

and its in a good way this time

(I had posted this before, but had to make Cruella's post go first :rofl:)

oh and:

To DavidJames and Silverfox. We hope you are very happy together.

:yeah: lol!

ducasi
28th-February-2007, 10:22 AM
OK, everybody happy now? :)

Good stuff!

Dreadful Scathe
28th-February-2007, 11:56 AM
OK, everybody happy now? :)

Good stuff!
wheres the "Yes but we're having a baby a month later " option though ?

Aleks
28th-February-2007, 12:01 PM
wheres the "Yes but we're having a baby a month later " option though ?

Referring to your post on the Overweight Eight Year Old thread.....I see you don't have to try very hard :wink:.
Congratulations (again) !!

Freya
28th-February-2007, 12:03 PM
Where's the option "Nope! I'm being a bridesmaid at said wedding!"?????

ducasi
28th-February-2007, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but I though that was just one option too far... :flower:

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 12:11 PM

Where's the option "What on Earth are you lot on about, I assumed this was a dance thread"? :na:

Little Monkey
28th-February-2007, 12:48 PM

And it resulted in a lovely thread sabotage! What more can a girl ask for on a Wednesday morning? :awe:

And it was sooooo funny with people getting all excited about who the happy couple might be! Sorry to disappoint you guys, but it's not me and Sheepy! Or FH and Ducasi, as some of you thought :D :rofl:

Anyway...... Looking forward to Southport. Just trying to get this thread back on topic...

Will there be a Forum Reception as usual?
Will there be a Forum BBQ?
What is the theme for the fancy dress?
Will the sun shine as it always does for the Southport weekends??

Oh, the excitement is almost too much! I need to go an lie down...:rolleyes:

killingtime
28th-February-2007, 01:10 PM

Where is the "Yes; but I'll be giving my daughter away to a really swell guy, who I've never met, the week after though" option?

ducasi
28th-February-2007, 01:23 PM
Where is the "Yes; but I'll be giving my daughter away to a really swell guy, who I've never met, the week after though" option?
And you wonder why we put you in that asylum? :rolleyes:

killingtime
28th-February-2007, 01:27 PM
And you wonder why we put you in that asylum? :rolleyes:

But I'm not mad I tell you! Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!

(this will make even less sense if I change my location).

Dreadful Scathe
28th-February-2007, 01:31 PM
I actually quite fancy getting the call of cthulhu game - a first person shooter where, if your character sees too much horror, he pulls out his pistol and shoots himself. Genius! :)

drathzel
28th-February-2007, 01:33 PM
And it was sooooo funny with people getting all excited about who the happy couple might be! Sorry to disappoint you guys, but it's not me and Sheepy! Or FH and Ducasi, as some of you thought :D :rofl:

ohh:tears: i''m dissapointed

Princess Fi
28th-February-2007, 02:11 PM

I thought you were still going??? :confused:

And it was sooooo funny with people getting all excited about who the happy couple might be! Sorry to disappoint you guys...

Do you even know what your future son in law's name is dad?

(and people wonder why I didn't keep my "time" surname:rolleyes: )

Oh and btw we never did talk about how much money you were planning on spending for your daughter's wedding? :whistle: :wink:

Sorry, take the thread back on track:o

Little Monkey
28th-February-2007, 02:25 PM
And it was sooooo funny with people getting all excited about who the happy couple might be! Sorry to disappoint you guys, but it's not me and Sheepy! :rofl:

ohh:tears: i''m dissapointed

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oooooh, not had this much fun for ages! Tee-hee!

Sorry, guys. No Monkey-Sheepy wedding planned! :blush:

So - Southport........ Will the chalets still be grotty?:sick: Will the beach still be.... Uh..... Sandy?:confused: Will the floor in the blues room be just as good as it was this month?:waycool: Will all my favourite dancers be there?:drool: Will I talk LYF into getting her backside in gear and get a ticket??:devil:

tsh
28th-February-2007, 02:35 PM
I didn't even realise there was a beach. Who was DJing there?

Freya
28th-February-2007, 02:37 PM
I thought you were still going??? :confused:
Ooooh Am I allowed to go?????? :grin:

Princess Fi
28th-February-2007, 02:55 PM

Why wouldn't you be? :confused: ... will pm you

Tiger Pants
28th-February-2007, 02:58 PM

I'll certainly let you go Freya.......in fact I was looking forward to seeing you there :wink:

I know its ages away but I'm certainly looking forward to it already:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: (rapid succession styleeee)

Freya
28th-February-2007, 03:04 PM
I'll certainly let you go Freya.......in fact I was looking forward to seeing you there :wink:
Awww thanx hun! But I probably won't be there as I can't really afford it! Especially as I'll be in Inverness not working for the 5 weeks before that!

btw totally off thread Thanx for my fabby dances on Monday! :hug: I'll miss not getting some more at SP!

fletch
28th-February-2007, 03:09 PM
I know its ages away but I'm certainly looking forward to it already:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: (rapid succession styleeee)

Havn't seen you in age'ssssss Tiger Pants,:sad: I look forward to a dance,:flower: i'll try and grab you on the decking
:clap:

:hug:

Tiger Pants
28th-February-2007, 03:15 PM
i'll try and grab you on the decking

:eek: You leave my decking alone :grin:

Looking forward to seeing you too and all the other lovely forumites from last year X

killingtime
28th-February-2007, 03:29 PM
I actually quite fancy getting the call of cthulhu game - a first person shooter where, if your character sees too much horror, he pulls out his pistol and shoots himself. Genius! :)

It's quite good. Though I didn't play it to the end so obviously it wasn't great. But then that could be something to do with getting an XBox 360 and not fancying starting from the beginning again.

Do you even know what your future son in law's name is dad?

Of course. I'm offended that you even doubt me. It's listed here (http://www.babynames.com/).

Oh and btw we never did talk about how much money you were planning on spending for your daughter's wedding? :whistle: :wink:

I would have paid for it all and more but you failed me. Beowulf is the Dark Princess of the Geeks due to your lack of commitment, even if everyone now cheekily changed their vote back to you it wouldn't be enough :tears:.

Sorry, take the thread back on track:o

Yeah, sorry to be an off-topic-er.

I'm going to Southport :clap: :clap: :clap:.

Minnie M
28th-February-2007, 06:51 PM

Oh, the excitement is almost too much! I need to go an lie down...:rolleyes:

- can we make it later please, starting at 10:30pm at least

- I'm happy to host the BBQ as per last June and September (Chalet 83 - by the rocks)

- should be on the website

- of course !!

and the forum picnic at the Stafford junction on the M6 :yeah:

Sheepman
28th-February-2007, 07:30 PM
I didn't even realise there was a beach. Who was DJing there? When I went there was an appearance by A Flock Of Seagulls, I did hang around for the Deep Sea Jivers, but all I could hear was a whaling sound from the deep...

Oh yeah, BTW I'll be at Southport too. :grin:

Greg

Dreadful Scathe
28th-February-2007, 07:58 PM
sheep jokes. baaaad. :)

BeccaB
2nd-March-2007, 12:43 AM
Do we have a theme yet?
Also the pics from the last one aren't even on yet, the site says it'll be running in Feb, Which one? Missed this one :)

FoxyFunkster
2nd-March-2007, 12:48 AM
Do we have a theme yet?
Also the pics from the last one aren't even on yet, the site says it'll be running in Feb, Which one? Missed this one :)

methinks it`s a thinkly veiled attempt to get people to but the DVD, they should employ ESGringo because he always has pics up within 48 hours of an event!....however i`m not sure the current MJ political climate would allow ESG the luxury of spreading his Talent behind the lens as far up north as southport.....I cant wait to see Jordan and Tatiana though.....it`ll be amazing i`m sure.........

BeccaB
2nd-March-2007, 12:57 AM
methinks it`s a thinkly veiled attempt to get people to but the DVD, they should employ ESGringo because he always has pics up within 48 hours of an event!....however i`m not sure the current MJ political climate would allow ESG the luxury of spreading his Talent behind the lens as far up north as southport.....I cant wait to see Jordan and Tatiana though.....it`ll be amazing i`m sure.........

Wanted to avoid conspiracy theories or yet another argument on who did what and why. Think it's more the luminous frog site that may be a little delayed, can anyone shed any light onto it?
Sure the pics of Jordan and Tatiana will be fantastic :clap:

Jamie
2nd-March-2007, 01:25 AM
Wooooooooooooo Jordan n Tatiana!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!

Sorry guys, you're gonna have to fight me to Tatiana! and Sorry girls but you're gonna have to fight me for Jordan aswell!!

Ohh Double trouble.. Jordan can follow aparently.. ohh the possibilities!! :whistle:

johnah
5th-March-2007, 03:55 PM
Do we have a theme yet?

Apologies, been a few technical problems but expect to be up by end of week.

ducasi
6th-March-2007, 09:18 AM
A wee reminder for folks who booked at Southport in February to get the £20 discount – I think the balance of your payment is due by the 15th of March. :)

johnah
6th-March-2007, 04:48 PM
A wee reminder for folks who booked at Southport in February to get the £20 discount – I think the balance of your payment is due by the 15th of March. :)

That's correct ducasi and, sorry ladies, but were now only accepting bookings from MEN!

June is already 90%+ sold, so guys you need to act swiftly.

:cheers:

Lory
6th-March-2007, 05:08 PM
That's correct ducasi and, sorry ladies, but were now only accepting bookings from MEN!

Argh! :tears: :tears: Its all my fault, I just couldn't get my head into gear when I got back from the last one, as I felt so ill :sad:

So, you know the question folks....

If anyone has a spare ladies ticket I could buy, I'd be extremely greatful :flower:

johnah
7th-March-2007, 01:11 PM
Argh! :tears: :tears: Its all my fault, I just couldn't get my head into gear when I got back from the last one, as I felt so ill :sad:

So, you know the question folks....

If anyone has a spare ladies ticket I could buy, I'd be extremely greatful :flower:

:flower: So sorry Lorraine, but it's possible that the situation may change closer to the event. Hope so, wouldn't be the same without you.:blush:

Bookings are already flooding in for September too so, if you don't want to miss out, you know what you need to do!

johnah
8th-March-2007, 05:27 PM
Think it's more the luminous frog site that may be a little delayed, can anyone shed any light onto it?

Hi BeccaB, luminous frog tell me that the site is now up and running and Southport Feb pics will be there by end of today!:clap: :clap:

BeccaB
8th-March-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks John you're a star :clap:
There's something that'll distract me from writing this essay! If anyone knows about intelligence databases and how they cut down on crime give me a nudge whilst i'm looking at these pics!
Back onto the topic at hand, June Southport :D how much longer do we have to wait?

johnah
8th-March-2007, 06:04 PM
Back onto the topic at hand, June Southport :D how much longer do we have to wait?

84 days, I think!!!

BeccaB
8th-March-2007, 06:15 PM
WOOHOO!!!! The money is setting off soon too.
Looked at the pics, there's some really fab ones there too well done photographers and to everyone for pulling off normal (ish) faces for a piccy when dancing! :clap:
Back to work for me then.
Thanks again John you're my favourite (oh and Wes too obviously) :worthy:

Lory
8th-March-2007, 06:21 PM
Looked at the pics, there's some really fab ones

:confused: I couldn't get the Luminous Frog link to work :(

BeccaB
8th-March-2007, 06:28 PM
if you just type in their web address does that work? Luminous Frog (http://www.luminousfrog.co.uk)

under par
8th-March-2007, 06:41 PM
:confused: I couldn't get the Luminous Frog link to work :(

I used this link from another thread and it worked fine,

Gallery (http://www.luminousfrog.co.uk/cms/main.php)

David Bailey
8th-March-2007, 07:37 PM
I used this link from another thread and it worked fine,

Gallery (http://www.luminousfrog.co.uk/cms/main.php)

Works fine for me too...

fletch
8th-March-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm still looking for 2 guy;s to book with two girls that I know, any offers :rolleyes:

its not SWAS honest :whistle:

:D

Lynn
8th-March-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm still looking for 2 guy;s to book with two girls that I know, any offers :rolleyes: I don't think there are any ladies spaces left, even booking with men...
sorry ladies, but were now only accepting bookings from MEN!

fletch
8th-March-2007, 10:06 PM

OK i'm after 2 ladies places :flower:

under par
8th-March-2007, 10:36 PM
Works fine for me too...

Lovely to see some photos of the themed Saturday from Feb as Mrs Par and I relinquished our title for a family function:whistle:

Caberets looked not bad too!

We will be back in the hunt for the themed prize in June .

What's the theme to be Mr Johnah?? We need to get the sewing kit out!!

Cos there's only 84 days left!!:cheers: :cheers:

Wes
11th-March-2007, 11:27 AM
JUNE'S SOUTHPORT DRESS THEME WILL BE PUBLISHED DURING WEEK BEGINNING
18TH MARCH:cheers: :clap: :clap:

David Bailey
11th-March-2007, 01:07 PM
{ stuff }
Hmmm... sailing close to the advertising wind there, Wes - good thing the boss is away :rofl:

Gus
11th-March-2007, 02:10 PM
Hmmm... sailing close to the advertising wind there, Wes - good thing the boss is away :rofl:If the WHOLE thread is about Southport, whats going on and why people should go ...... how can Wes's last post be seen as advertising:confused: :rolleyes:

Is it OK for anything to be said as long as its not said by the Organiser(s)?

under par
11th-March-2007, 02:15 PM
Hmmm... sailing close to the advertising wind there, Wes - good thing the boss is away :rofl:

I did ask the question DJ !!:mad: as I have a vested interest in getting back my title.. sorry our title... what is it we can discuss with out your moderating involvement!!:confused: on a thread about SP?

Caro
11th-March-2007, 02:26 PM
If the WHOLE thread is about Southport, whats going on and why people should go ...... how can Wes's last post be seen as advertising:confused: :rolleyes:

I did ask the question DJ !!:mad: as I have a vested interest in getting back my title.. sorry our title... what is it we can discuss with out your moderating involvement!!:confused: on a thread about SP?

ok I'm no moderator and have no link to ceroc, but I, too, found Wes' last post on the verge of advertising... probably not so much the message but the big pink font, i.e. more about the way it was said rather than what was actually said (as Wes is merely answering to your legitimate query UP...).

I think we need to keep in mind that this forum is a ceroc forum, whether people like it or not, and the fact that we have threads like this shows the open-mindness of the admins, and it would be good to acknowledge that and not push the limit too far... :flower: (not saying Wes' last post was an example of that by the way, just saying that I can see where DJ is coming from...)

Gus
11th-March-2007, 02:53 PM
I think we need to keep in mind that this forum is a ceroc forum, whether people like it or not, and the fact that we have threads like this shows the open-mindness of the adminsDon't disagree. In some ways I prefer the good old days where if you wanted to post an add you had to pay a commercial fee. I know I'm slipping 'off-thread' here, but there is a large grey area about what is and isn't advertising. I think overall the Ceroc Scotland boys have done a very good job of walking the line. Lets not forget that the Ceroc HQ forum lasted about 5 minutes before it was cloased down due to draconian moderation.:mad:

I think the danger is always a case of not killing the golden goose and some previous coves have pushed a bit too far. The Forum has been very tolerant towards Jive Addiction, especially considering they are now direct competitors, and I think that shows great character. In the end I suppose it benefits both parties. Long may such tolerance live.:nice:

David Bailey
11th-March-2007, 09:06 PM
If the WHOLE thread is about Southport, whats going on and why people should go ...... how can Wes's last post be seen as advertising:confused: :rolleyes:

Because:
A/ It is advertising... i.e. it's telling us about something that's going to happen
B/ It's posted by someone who I believe, and call me Mr Crazy on this one, may have a bit to do with the event.

Information is fine, advertising is not.

As I said, I think the post was a bit close to the latter.

Any anyone who thinks I am Ceroc's biggest fan, or that I'm out to promote the Ceroc Way, is frankly nuts. I love Southport, and I want to see it prosper - in fact I personally want to see it always be the gold standard for weekenders.

But that doesn't mean any advertising (or for that matter, thread bumping to promote any event) is allowed.

I did ask the question DJ !!:mad:
The point, as Caro said, was that it looked like advertising, rather than a reply. But I left it there, because as you say it's an answer to a question.

as I have a vested interest in getting back my title.. sorry our title...
You're planning on wearing a vest? :eek: :na:

what is it we can discuss with out your moderating involvement!!:confused: on a thread about SP?
Good grief, it was one 1-line comment - not exactly the Wrath Of God, was it?
I even put a smilie in...

Blimey, I should've just deleted the flippin' post... :rolleyes:

Gus
11th-March-2007, 10:14 PM
Blimey, I should've just deleted the flippin' post... :rolleyes:You of all people should know the dangers of posting anything negative on the Forum ...... ;)

Dance Demon
12th-March-2007, 02:50 PM
what is it we can discuss with out your moderating involvement!!:confused:

not a lot.....:rolleyes:

fletch
12th-March-2007, 05:05 PM
Because:
A/ It is advertising... i.e. it's telling us about something that's going to happen
B/ It's posted by someone who I believe, and call me Mr Crazy on this one, may have a bit to do with the even.

This is P.C. gone mad :mad:

So if we ask a question John or Wes have now got to ask one of us to post the reply cos if they do its advertising :confused:

is this right cos if it is :angry:

David Bailey
12th-March-2007, 05:38 PM
This is P.C. gone mad :mad:
Nah, that's Vista. :na:

So if we ask a question John or Wes have now got to ask one of us to post the reply cos if they do its advertising :confused:
Information is fine and dandy, and is indeed encouraged. Self-promotion is not.

I agree that it's a fine line, and that sometimes it requires judgement which can be subjective. And I'm more than happy to discuss advertising in general, as I feel it's sometimes an ambiguous area.

is this right cos if it is :angry:
It's very clearly stated in the Forum rules (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules):

3. You may not post adverts on the forum. Events & classes can be discussed and links supplied as a reply to a specific request, provided the requests are not artificially manufactured by organisers or friends. Any 'reviews' posted by organisers or crew will also be deemed to be advertising and removed at the discretion of the Ceroc Scotland Forum team.

These applies to all events, not just non-Ceroc ones - I've applied the same rules to Ceroc events, even Ceroc Scotland events, as I do to other events. As Lorna will no doubt tell you :wink:

Anyway... about this Southport thing... :whistle:

fletch
12th-March-2007, 06:40 PM
Anyway... about this Southport thing... :whistle:

so can any one tell me what the theam is :confused:

John & Wes you can cut and paste my question and respond to it when your ready :rolleyes: :na:

yawn, yadda! yadda! yadda!

:(

Dance Demon
12th-March-2007, 07:10 PM

Blimey..if only that was a reciprocal thing;)

BeccaB
12th-March-2007, 07:14 PM
so can any one tell me what the theam is :confused:

John & Wes you can cut and paste my question and respond to it when your ready :rolleyes: :na:

yawn, yadda! yadda! yadda!

:(

Fletch I'd like to be able to tell you that the theme will be announced the week beginning the 18th but i'm scared that i'll be accused of advertising!!!! :whistle:

David Bailey
12th-March-2007, 07:19 PM
Fletch I'd like to be able to tell you that the theme will be announced the week beginning the 18th but i'm scared that i'll be accused of advertising!!!! :whistle:
Ah, you're all a bunch of wussy wuss wusses.

And I've no idea why you want to drag the thread off-topic, it's almost like you want to sabotage it or something. Surely you can't all be working for Ceroc? :confused:

So, how many days is it to go now, Under Par? :)

Who's planning to hit the beach?

How many soft-porn dances are going to be organised?

These are all vital questions :wink:

Dance Demon
12th-March-2007, 07:23 PM
I think the theme might be............David James..........so we can all look out our Jack Boots and little moustaches........:rofl:

David Bailey
12th-March-2007, 08:01 PM
I think the theme might be............David James..........so we can all look out our Jack Boots and little moustaches........:rofl:
Godwin's Law! I win :D

Lynn
12th-March-2007, 09:26 PM
Who's planning to hit the beach?
There's a beach??! :really:

Little Monkey
12th-March-2007, 11:29 PM
Aaaaah, these last few posts have been very entertaining indeed! :D

Some people just seem so bl**dy uptight......:rolleyes: Lighten up, folks! And if you really think that the forum is so bad these days (with the nasty Ceroc Scotland Secret Service and Evil Moderators), well, doh, just don't use it! :wink:

I'm not even gonna comment on the actual argument.....

But.....

Let's get this thread back on topic!

So: Will Mr and Mrs UP win the costume comp again (I've heard the theme will be announced next week....:whistle: )

Will I get a chalet right across from the Blues Room again?

Should there be aother 'Little Monkey's Cafe' in June?

Will anyone visit my chalet if I do bake cakes?

Does the pope wear a funny hat?

Will there still be free breakfasts for the hardcore dancers who stay up until 9am? (not me, I'm afraid!!)

Right. Going to bed now.

Sheepman
12th-March-2007, 11:51 PM
Does the pope wear a funny hat? Yes.
But what I want to know is does he wear a funny hat when he's on the loo?

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 12:04 AM
So: Will Mr and Mrs UP win the costume comp again (I've heard the theme will be announced next week....:whistle: )
I think they should be handicapped, personally - weights or something similar, maybe blinkers. I'm still working on the finer details of the plan.

Will there still be free breakfasts for the hardcore dancers who stay up until 9am? (not me, I'm afraid!!)
What about the ones who sneak in at 8.55am and pretend? Free brekkies? :innocent:

Little Monkey
13th-March-2007, 12:14 AM
What about the ones who sneak in at 8.55am and pretend? Free brekkies? :innocent:

Cunning plan....... Then I could have breakfast with my boyfriend, too! Normally I'm in bed at least a couple of hours before him, and never get the free brekkie.:(

fletch
13th-March-2007, 09:21 AM
Ah, you're all a bunch of wussy wuss wusses.

How many soft-porn dances are going to be organised?

Wusses, yes that will be me :whistle:

and i want as many porn dances as poss :na:

nah! more like Victor Menldrew :D

There's a beach??! :really:

not that I know off :confused:

I hope mine is I had a wonderfull spot last time :clap:

[B]
Please note; no coloured nor enlarged font!:whistle:

glad to see you been a good boy Wes :innocent:

How about an era - say, 1940s?

:D For my next trick, I shall declare War On Smilies :what: :blush:

why are you going :confused: :rolleyes:

Playboy

I like this idea, I can just see Jamie in fish nets and large fluffy ears :rofl:

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 09:31 AM
why are you going :confused: :rolleyes:
Should there be a comma after the "why" there?

Occupations (Emergency services etc)
Uh-huh. So, no fireman fetish there then? :wink:

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 09:51 AM
No, I think she meant 'Why are you going? :wink:
Do I have to provide a justification now? :confused:

Is that a new entry on the form?

Theme, White Shirt!
Or even better, Top Gun!
OK, calm down...

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 09:57 AM
I was wonering, as you are taking such an interest are you going :confused:
Aha! There was an invisible comma there... :D

So what, you thought it'd be easier to post a question than check the poll? :confused:

fletch
13th-March-2007, 10:04 AM
Aha! There was an invisible comma there... :D

So what, you thought it'd be easier to post a question than check the poll? :confused:

don't be sarcy, :rolleyes: it don't suit you,:hug: anyway, like I would know if there is a comma missing, is it important :confused:

You tick any old box you feel like in polls,:eek: we carn't belive a tick you do :D

David Bailey
13th-March-2007, 10:26 AM
don't be sarcy, :rolleyes: it don't suit you,:hug:
Yes it does, it's my natural look. There's a nasty interior underneath my nasty exterior.

anyway, like I would know if there is a comma missing, is it important :confused:
Yep. "Why, are you going?" is very different to "Why are you going?"

You tick any old box you feel like in polls,:eek: we carn't belive a tick you do :D
I know, it's shocking isn't it.

under par
16th-March-2007, 01:58 AM
A
Let's get this thread back on topic!.

Mrs Par is sat with the sewing kit patiently waiting the announcement!

I hope so.

Should there be aother 'Little Monkey's Cafe' in June?

Definitely I missed the last one

Will anyone visit my chalet if I do bake cakes?.

Definitely

Does the pope wear a funny hat?.

Definitely

Will there still be free breakfasts for the hardcore dancers who stay up until 9am? (not me, I'm afraid!!).

Definitely

Right. Going to bed now.

Only 76 days left now I believe.... I can tell its getting nearer 'cos the weathers warmer:clap:

Little Monkey
18th-March-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, after reading Mr. UP's replies to my post above, I'm almost looking forward to going again!

I'd almost made up my mind not to go to another weekender, as the last three out of four weekenders I've been to in the last year have been ruined due to my bad back. But if UP and others promise to visit my cafe, maybe I'll come anyway!:wink:

I'm quite prone to get very depressed at weekenders, and I'm aware that this is partly my own fault..... It's a vicious circle: Back is sore, can't dance or I feel that I'm not dancing well because of the pain (or have not slept because of the pain, so I'm a zombie), so I decide to go back to chalet on my own. Sitting in the chalet, knowing everyone else (including Greg) is out having fun and dancing without me, I get depressed. Because I get depressed, I don't want to go back to the dancing again, as I feel so low, and am afraid I'll just start crying if anyone even looks at me, but at the same time I really need a hug and someone to talk to. So, when I realise I really need this, I feel even more lonely, and get even more depressed, and feel even less like leaving the chalet, and facing a huge room full of happy dancers............. Etc.

See, I'm really quite silly!:blush:

So - any suggestions on how I can stop myself from just fleeing back to my chalet and getting depressed? :flower:

A Pathetic Little Monkey

Tiggerbabe
18th-March-2007, 04:17 PM
So - any suggestions on how I can stop myself from just fleeing back to my chalet and getting depressed? :flower:

Chain yourself to the railings in the Blues Room - a long enough chain so you can dance comfortably without tripping everyone else up and strangling yourself and your dance partner, but not long enough to reach your front door :innocent: :D
Plus it will have the added bonus of people chatting to you all the time to ask why Greg chained you up in the first place :clap::wink:

Little Monkey
18th-March-2007, 04:19 PM
Chain yourself to the railings in the Blues Room - a long enough chain so you can dance comfortably without tripping everyone else up and strangling yourself and your dance partner, but not long enough to reach your front door :innocent: :D
Plus it will have the added bonus of people chatting to you all the time to ask why Greg chained you up in the first place :clap::wink:

I like it..... I like it a lot! :D :rofl:

I could develop a whole new dance style - Bondage Blues!:devil:

Come on, buys! Who's up for a bit of Bondage Blues with me in June?

David Bailey
18th-March-2007, 10:07 PM
{ snip stuff }

See, I'm really quite silly!:blush:
No you're not - that's rubbish.

You're not at all being silly - anyone with physical problems of the kind you've endured has to climb a mountain just to get there, and you have my utmost respect for doing so. :worthy:

Weekenders, like holidays, can be lonely and depressing experiences for anyone, you're stuck in a grotty chalet and you know (or at least, you think) that everyone else is having a wonderful time, which makes it worse.

Despite the hype these things get in places like here, not everyone has the time of their lives at every one of these things. If you don't enjoy it, you don't enjoy it - it's as simple as that, and you should never listen to people who try to tell you how you "should" feel.

OK:

Have a Plan B. So, if you do go back to your chalet, make sure you have something to keep you occupied. Bring a book, for example.
Get out. Go to the beach, or (if you have a car) go and visit nearby villages. For example, Southport has a lovely high street, and even a few good restaurants.
Be selfish. Remember, it's a holiday, the only person you need to please is yourself. It's not a "dance-as-much-as-you-can" competition. Meet up with friends for drinks, organise a meal out - hell, go to the cinema even. Don't stay in the dance zone if you don't want to.

A Pathetic Little Monkey
B0ll0x - stop putting yourself down, OK?

Few people have the guts to openly admit they're not having a good time.

Wes
19th-March-2007, 05:52 AM
DAVID JAMES RE LITTLE MONKEY......WELL SAID.:respect:

David Bailey
19th-March-2007, 08:38 AM
DAVID JAMES RE LITTLE MONKEY......WELL SAID.:respect:

Adver- oh, hold on.... :rofl: :na:

Little Monkey
19th-March-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks, guys! Oh, and thanks to everyone who's repped and PMd me as well. Very much appreciated.:hug:

Yup, I think having a 'plan B' is a very good idea. Maybe I should arrange a wee party at my chalet? Or, whenever I can't dance any more, hold up a 'Little Monkey's Cafe is now open' banner, and then see how many people will follow me back to my chalet? Alternatively I can just shout 'Cheesecake is nearly all gone' in the blues room, before running back to my chalet... :wink:

Bringing a book is Very Important - I'd lose my mind (what little is left of it, anyway:rolleyes: ) if I didn't have a book with me. This tragically happened once, and I only survived by reading any printed material I could find in the chalet (cereal packets, the Southport brochure, the dj rota.....):rofl:

Right, folks. If you're at Southport and see me walking towards my chalet, feel free to run after me and get a slice of cake and a cuppa. Or if you at any point feel lonely or blue, come find me, and we'll do the cake and tea thing, with added hugs.

Roll on Southport!!!!

(PS - might also do the cafe thing at Blaze.....:D )

spindr
19th-March-2007, 04:05 PM
Yup, I think having a 'plan B' is a very good idea.
Well, you could take a camera and think of it as a photography weekender -- with occasional dances?
SpinDr

Little Monkey
19th-March-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, you could take a camera and think of it as a photography weekender -- with occasional dances?
SpinDr

That's more or less what I did in September. Got lots of nice pics from the Blues Room! :D

David Bailey
19th-March-2007, 04:29 PM
Bringing a book is Very Important - I'd lose my mind (what little is left of it, anyway:rolleyes: ) if I didn't have a book with me.
Ooh - another idea, we could arrange a "book swap" session. I've got dozens of books I need to clear out :)

Little Monkey
19th-March-2007, 04:38 PM
Ooh - another idea, we could arrange a "book swap" session. I've got dozens of books I need to clear out :)

What a bl**dy good suggestion!!! I've just been going through my books, deciding which ones I need to take to the charity shop. Getting rid of lots of chick flicks (books I'll probably never read again), but also have lots of other books to get rid of.

Little Monkey's Cafe and Book Swap Shop?

David Bailey
19th-March-2007, 04:49 PM
Hmmm, bit wordy - needs a catchy title, like "Borders" or something... :)

"MonkeyBooks"?
"LittleCafe"?

I'll think about it - a nice big poster, that's what you want :D

Little Monkey
19th-March-2007, 04:52 PM
Hmmm, bit wordy - needs a catchy title, like "Borders" or something... :)

"MonkeyBooks"?
"LittleCafe"?

I'll think about it - a nice big poster, that's what you want :D

LittleBookCafe? I know, still a bit long?

Yup, need a BIG poster or banner, that can be seen from the blues room.:whistle:

Lynn
19th-March-2007, 04:58 PM
LM - all sounds fab - just one extra thing..

Right, folks. If you're at Southport and see me walking towards my chalet, feel free to run after me and get a slice of cake and a cuppa. - and if no-one sees you walking towards your chalet? Make sure you apply the
if you at any point feel lonely or blue, come find me, and we'll do the cake and tea thing, with added hugs. to yourself. (Except don't expect some of the rest of us to provide cake...well edible cake anyway...:blush: )

Freya
19th-March-2007, 05:00 PM
(PS - might also do the cafe thing at Blaze.....:D )please oh pretty pretty please!!!!!! :grin: :flower:

Little Monkey
19th-March-2007, 05:01 PM
please oh pretty pretty please!!!!!! :grin: :flower:

Oh, ok then. :D

spindr
19th-March-2007, 05:18 PM
That's more or less what I did in September. Got lots of nice pics from the Blues Room! :D
Or bring along some score cards and pretend to be Bruno, Craig, Len or Arlene.
SpinDr

Little Monkey
19th-March-2007, 05:24 PM
Or bring along some score cards and pretend to be Bruno, Craig, Len or Arlene.
SpinDr

:rofl:

Ooooh, that would be funny! I'd have to be Arlene, though....:whistle:

Have some rep!

Yliander
19th-March-2007, 09:33 PM
What a bl**dy good suggestion!!! I've just been going through my books, deciding which ones I need to take to the charity shop. Getting rid of lots of chick flicks (books I'll probably never read again), but also have lots of other books to get rid of.

I use bookcrossing (http://www.bookcrossing.com)as a way of getting rid of the books I no longer need - always fun thinking of new places to leave them

David Bailey
20th-March-2007, 04:29 PM
I use bookcrossing (http://www.bookcrossing.com)as a way of getting rid of the books I no longer need - always fun thinking of new places to leave them
I think a more personal touch would be nicer at Southport - bookcrossing's great for online, but if everyone's gathered in a place anyway, a "sharing library" would be handy...

Little Monkey
21st-March-2007, 11:55 AM
I think a more personal touch would be nicer at Southport - bookcrossing's great for online, but if everyone's gathered in a place anyway, a "sharing library" would be handy...

Exactly. No better way of doing it than having a nice cup of tea (or coffee), a slab of cake, and a chat with friends whilst swapping books. :nice:

Greg just suggested we could do it with CDs/music, too, if anyone's got any they are fed up with.

Will I have any time to go dancing?

:rolleyes:

David Bailey
21st-March-2007, 12:02 PM
Greg just suggested we could do it with CDs/music, too, if anyone's got any they are fed up with.
Hmmm, I've got a lot of DVDs to get rid of too....

The LittleMonkeySwapShop is looking better and better :)

Will I have any time to go dancing?
Will you have any space in your chalet? :rofl:

Little Monkey
23rd-March-2007, 11:45 AM
Hmmm, I've got a lot of DVDs to get rid of too....

The LittleMonkeySwapShop is looking better and better :)

Will you have any space in your chalet? :rofl:

Ummm, is it a dance weekender that weekend, too? Oh, I might possibly find time for an hour or so in the Blues Room...:whistle:

Space in the chalet shouldn't be too much of a problem, but how about getting everything down there in the first place??:eek:

BeccaB
23rd-March-2007, 11:50 AM
You should try that Mr. Bean trick from one of his films where he sits on the top of his car and drives with bricks on the pedals, plenty of room for books and cake then :)

Little Monkey
23rd-March-2007, 02:16 PM
You should try that Mr. Bean trick from one of his films where he sits on the top of his car and drives with bricks on the pedals, plenty of room for books and cake then :)

Ah yes, if I was going alone (and if I had a car)..... But I'll be getting a lift with friends, and they might not be so keen on this idea....

under par
23rd-March-2007, 02:24 PM
As it is such a memorable number I thought it appropriate to advise you all its 69 days to go.

I'll bring you a few books LM if I can have some cake.:drool:

Looks like the voting on the theme is strongly in favour of OCCUPATIONS/UNIFORMS!!:confused:

"Mrs Par get sewing":D

Little Monkey
23rd-March-2007, 02:33 PM
I'll bring you a few books LM if I can have some cake.:drool:

Looks like the voting on the theme is strongly in favour of OCCUPATIONS/UNIFORMS!!:confused:

"Mrs Par get sewing":D

You don't have to bring any books, you can have cake anyway! :hug: But if you have any books you'd like to swap with people, bring them along!

Oh, and uniforms....:drool: :drool: :drool:

PS - I just want to say that I don't want to end up with all the books other people don't want any more.... It's a swap shop, not a 'dump all our crappy books with LM shop'

David Bailey
23rd-March-2007, 03:09 PM
Oh yes, if I was going alone (and if I had a car)..... But I'll be getting a lift with friends, and they might not be so keen on this idea....
Ship them there :)

PS - I just want to say that I don't want to end up with all the books other people don't want any more.... It's a swap shop, not a 'dump all our crappy books with LM shop'
Blast - sussed :tears:

Little Monkey
23rd-March-2007, 03:33 PM
Blast - sussed :tears:

Mwahahahahahaha! Your evil plan didn't work!

under par
23rd-March-2007, 06:49 PM
Its Uniforms !!....who's wearing what then?:whistle:

Got to get the thinking cap on now..... mmmmmm...m....mmmm....what we gonna wear...??:wink:

BeccaB
23rd-March-2007, 06:56 PM

Got to get the thinking cap on now..... mmmmmm...m....mmmm....what we gonna wear...??:wink:

have you not made it already?

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 10:38 PM
Sussing out the oppo already, hmmm?

Hopefully, more than just a thinking cap :eek: :D

HelenB
3rd-April-2007, 06:15 PM
If anyone knows of a female space going spare please could you PM me

nzwcs
5th-April-2007, 01:06 PM
Well here's my first post on this forum & I've got the same requrest as HelenB :blush:.

Have just recently arrived from NZ & hadn't realised how quickly Southport (ladies) tickets would sell out :really:. I'm only in the UK till 20 June so can't make the next one and have heard so many good things about Southport :respect: that I thought I'd put my request in & see if anyone's got an extra ticket :confused:

littlewiggle
9th-April-2007, 08:28 AM
YAYYYYYYY! Uniform sorted - anyone else done and dusted already?

FoxyFunkster
9th-April-2007, 02:20 PM

yes all done and dusted....this is the first time i`ve made the effort for the southport fancy dress so i`m looking forward to it.......:waycool:

under par
9th-April-2007, 03:02 PM
yes all done and dusted....this is the first time i`ve made the effort for the southport fancy dress so i`m looking forward to it.......:waycool:

Is there a fancy dress theme!!!

Better get a move on:whistle:

Cruella
9th-April-2007, 09:19 PM

Me too!! :drool:

littlewiggle
12th-April-2007, 08:08 AM
Anyone know when we need to pay the balance (for those of us who didn't book in Feb)?

ducasi
12th-April-2007, 08:45 AM
Anyone know when we need to pay the balance (for those of us who didn't book in Feb)?
According to the booking form online on the Jive Addiction web site...

"Balance to be paid by 06 April 2007."

fletch
26th-April-2007, 09:28 AM
Well here's my first post on this forum & I've got the same requrest as HelenB :blush:.

Have just recently arrived from NZ & hadn't realised how quickly Southport (ladies) tickets would sell out :really:. I'm only in the UK till 20 June so can't make the next one and have heard so many good things about Southport :respect: that I thought I'd put my request in & see if anyone's got an extra ticket :confused:

Welcome Honey :flower:

they are like rocking horse dodo, keep asking, its worth it, its the best, there is nothing like Southport in June dancing on the decking as the sun comes up, there are only a few of us left and its the most special time ever, i'm just so glad I don't have to or made to miss it. :worthy:

no I have looked at a few when I got my devil suit but they all seem a bit OTT :rolleyes: :na:

now I have a vision in my head :drool: give us a clue 'Foxy' mmmmm

Is there a fancy dress theme!!!

Better get a move on:whistle:

yeah right! you can come straight from work :na:

Twirlie Bird
26th-April-2007, 10:08 AM
Welcome Honey :flower:

they are like rocking horse dodo, keep asking, its worth it, its the best, there is nothing like Southport in June dancing on the decking as the sun comes up, there are only a few of us left and its the most special time ever,

I cannot wait to experience this first hand. It sounds so perfect. :awe:

I'm just so glad I don't have to or made to miss it. :worthy:

:confused: :confused: Everything ok babe?

no I have looked at a few when I got my devil suit but they all seem a bit OTT :rolleyes: :na:

OTT - stay away Fletch. You need something subtle. Stay in the background unnoticed. :whistle: :rofl:

I have my uniform ready :clap: :clap:

dave the scaffolder
14th-May-2007, 03:17 PM
I am going and so is Trouble, Double Trouble and Gav.

Who else off this illustrious forum is going?

fletch
14th-May-2007, 03:20 PM
theres a thread, I was just about to post on it :flower:

angelblue
14th-May-2007, 03:23 PM
Moi!:clap: :na:

dave the scaffolder
14th-May-2007, 03:37 PM
theres a thread, I was just about to post on it :flower:
Wheres the other thread then sweetie? XXX XXX DTS

Hello hello i have been moved and have now found you all .

God bless the moderators

fletch
14th-May-2007, 03:41 PM
ho flip! i'm getting confussed:confused:

so i'm now on the tread :na:

if any of 'my lot' are interested in doing a theam together like we did for chill send me a PM so I know how may to cater for :clap:

Simon
14th-May-2007, 04:31 PM
It looks like Jordan and Tatiana are the highest profile teachers for this weekender (from memory and I can't get into the Jive Addiction website from work) so will that mean they teach in the Main Room? :waycool:

Paul F
15th-May-2007, 08:49 AM
I have 1 female ticket available for S'port.

In my best DFS-like sales pitch.....RRP of £115, will sell for £80.

Yliander
15th-May-2007, 09:06 AM
I have 1 female ticket available for S'port.

In my best DFS-like sales pitch.....RRP of £115, will sell for £80.
Oh god I WANT IT!!!!! damn my sisters wedding :tears: :tears:

Trouble
15th-May-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh god I WANT IT!!!!! damn my sisters wedding :tears: :tears:

awww YLI we feel for you we really do. Have some hugs :hug: :hug:

Rhythm King
15th-May-2007, 09:46 AM
Would anybody have room for a lift from London? I was hoping to go up Friday and come back Monday. Willing to contribute petrol money, sweeties etc. PM me if you can, please.

I'm out of the country until late on the Thursday night and won't have time to sort out a car. Otherwise I guess I'll have to try the train.

Cheers

R-K :flower:

Wuzzle
15th-May-2007, 10:35 AM
Looks like i'll be going to my first ever southport. Sooner than i thought :clap: Just need to figure transport umm where am going. Where my uniform is etc...

Bouncing off the walls from the Blaze weekender. Looking forward to meeting you all down there. :D

How far is the railway station from the Airport? Need to figure out how long it takes to get to from and stuff.

FirstMove
15th-May-2007, 12:32 PM
How far is the railway station from the Airport? Need to figure out how long it takes to get to from and stuff.

From John Lennon airport, it takes about 90mins by public transport.

Catch a bus to Hunts Cross (recommended) or Cressington railway stations, then catch a train to Ainsdale. It's about a 10min walk to Pontins from there. Check the whole thing here (http://www.traveline.org.uk/index.htm). :cheers:

Trouble
15th-May-2007, 01:44 PM
I was told by somebody that June Southport is the busiest southport out of all the weekenders. I was there in February and the dance floors were busy and so were the classes, infact most of the classes i wanted to do were so busy i just didn't bother. I dont go for the classes so it wasn't a big deal. I do however, go for great blues dancing. now February wasnt full at all but June is.........

Can somebody tell me is this the case. Is it packed to the hilt. Are we going to be dancing like sardines.??

Please put me out of my misery and tell me its not so. :flower:

under par
15th-May-2007, 01:51 PM
Well only 17 sleeps till SP.. just returned from Blaze and am really excited by the prospect of a weekender so soon after.

Mrs Par has got the grand design worked out for the theme.. we are awaiting patent registration before we go into production phase although time is of the essence now.:D

On a separate note we are looking for venue to attend on the Thursday 31st May whilst travelling up .... I normally start another thread but just wondered if there is a better offer than Rugby... were we went last time .... Marc and Rachel :worthy: :worthy:

killingtime
15th-May-2007, 01:52 PM
Would anybody have room for a lift from London? ...

Ooh, if we are doing lift requests. Anyone maybe have some space from Edinburgh, I can travel a bit to get out of Edinburgh if that's any help?

I'd say I'm lovely company but what sort of ego would that be?

:flower:

under par
15th-May-2007, 02:07 PM
I was told by somebody that June Southport is the busiest southport out of all the weekenders. I was there in February and the dance floors were busy and so were the classes, infact most of the classes i wanted to do were so busy i just didn't bother. I dont go for the classes so it wasn't a big deal. I do however, go for great blues dancing. now February wasnt full at all but June is.........

Can somebody tell me is this the case. Is it packed to the hilt. Are we going to be dancing like sardines.??

Honest answer is some times but not all the time.

There are some periods of time when the blues room is thronging which is a great time to take up the other options ie main hall, latin quarter and dance offer loads of variety when the masses are out. I think the blues room dancers are a durable bunch and as the crowds thin out the experienced blues weekenders have their duracell moments. they just keep on going on and on and on......

fletch
15th-May-2007, 02:22 PM

it is busy...but we have our corner so don't worry, we have dogs on the door, not for smelly men this time,:na: for bad male dancers :whistle:

:devil:

Well only 17 sleeps till SP..

Mrs Par has got the grand design worked out for the theme.. we are awaiting patent registration before we go into production phase although time is of the essence now.:D

On a separate note we are looking for venue to attend on the Thursday 31st May whilst travelling up .... I normally start another thread but just wondered if there is a better offer than Rugby... were we went last time .... Marc and Rachel :worthy: :worthy:

your back UP :clap:

I was wondering where you were we need you to do the count :rolleyes:

time is of the essence...:rolleyes: ...tell me about it, phew! just back from Birmingham markets getting stuff :clap:

I think Minni is stopping at mine on the Thursday to brake the journey, if you got to Wolverhampton or Solihull we could meat up with you :flower:

Wolverhampton is closest for me, i'm sure Mike will make you welcome :grin:

Honest answer is some times but not all the time.

I think the blues room dancers are a durable bunch and as the crowds thin out the experienced blues weekenders have their duracell moments. they just keep on going on and on and on......

same old faces at the end of the night ..:na: ......but when is the end of the night :confused: after breckfast for me usually :clap:

Mac
15th-May-2007, 02:34 PM
same old faces at the end of the night ..:na: ......but when is the end of the night :confused: after breckfast for me usually :clap:

If you get to the end of the party ,there is no night, just darknes and daylight. If you end up looking like this :what: and feeliing like this:hug: :hug: Then youve made it to dance the nighht away never to return to darken your dancing days again! (sigh):rolleyes:

Mac
15th-May-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd say I'm lovely company but what sort of ego would that be?

:flower:

A super ego:flower: :flower:

fletch
15th-May-2007, 02:57 PM
If you get to the end of the party ,there is no night, just darknes and daylight. If you end up looking like this :what: and feeliing like this:hug: :hug: Then youve made it to dance the nighht away never to return to darken your dancing days again! (sigh):rolleyes:

:confused:

this is either to deep for me, or I have missed the point :what:

dave the scaffolder
15th-May-2007, 03:09 PM
Fletch my lovely are you going to organize a forum t-shirt wearing night again at Southport??????

Is anyone interested in a forum t-shirt meeting at Southport???

fletch
15th-May-2007, 03:18 PM
Fletch my lovely are you going to organize a forum t-shirt wearing night again at Southport??????

sounds good to me :clap:

I think we all need to get our rolls sorted out :flower:

Minni are you co-ordination the BBQ I can bring the burgers and bread rolls.....what about someone bringing a big BBQ :confused:

Rebbecca and the Captin are you doing the entertainment again :confused:

I think we could do with a list of what you can help with over the weekend :cheers:

Seahorse
15th-May-2007, 03:32 PM
Minni are you co-ordination the BBQ I can bring the burgers and bread rolls.....what about someone bringing a big BBQ :confused:

And this time SF will be there in person! :wink:

Cruella
15th-May-2007, 03:49 PM
And this time SF will be there in person! :wink:

Isn't it tradition to give the bad news followed by the good?

Seahorse
15th-May-2007, 03:58 PM
Isn't it tradition to give the bad news followed by the good?
Awww... don't be so horrible :devil: You look quite happy in the pic I have of you both together, though he does have a rather fixed smile... and seems just a little deflated. Maybe it was the company? :wink:

Cruella
15th-May-2007, 04:06 PM
Awww... don't be so horrible :devil: You look quite happy in the pic I have of you both together, though he does have a rather fixed smile... and seems just a little deflated. Maybe it was the company? :wink:
How presumptuous, did I say whether I thought that was the good or the bad news? :whistle:

(Besides I don't believe you have a picture of me and the wind bag. I'm usually fussy about spending time with people with inflated egos.)

CJ
15th-May-2007, 04:07 PM

Who said that's bad news??!?? Isn't Cru hoping SF goes down a lot more this year??!??:whistle:

Jamie
15th-May-2007, 04:09 PM
I flew the Fletcherette flag in Scotland so will be flying it with the rest in Southport :D

Tatiana... :drool:

fletch
15th-May-2007, 05:09 PM
I flew the Fletcherette flag in Scotland so will be flying it with the rest in Southport :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DavidY
15th-May-2007, 07:03 PM
I was there in February ~SNIP~ Are we going to be dancing like sardines.??They normally have extra dance floor in the main room in June & Sept, which wasn't there in Feb. Not a vast amount of space but I don't know how many fewer people were there in Feb.

Dance Demon
15th-May-2007, 07:27 PM

Right...i defo need to find out where this gets held, coz I keep on missing the barby.....:sad: ........

under par
15th-May-2007, 07:49 PM
Right...i defo need to find out where this gets held, coz I keep on missing the barby.....:sad: ........

BarBQ is normally near the rocks in the centre of the big green behind the kiddies entertainment bits which are opposite the blues room entance.... hope it helps... maybe call Anneka Rice for more clues:wink:

HelenB
16th-May-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm driving up Friday afternoon returning Monday and have space in my car if anyone needs a lift

(I live about 1hr from London by train if that'll be any use or could pick up en route)

If interested PM me

It's my first Southport - I'm SO excited..... :clap: :clap: (and it's my birthday the week before am hoping for some b'day dances :whistle::flower: :D )

Wuzzle
16th-May-2007, 05:40 PM
So whats the venue actually like? Trying to see where exactly we are dancing but seeing how i've just posted my appilcation might be a while for answers.

Booked in budget class, so what can i expect for what i pay for? Having no clue first southport here am curious. is there anything i should be watching out for. Like do the rooms keep the cold out. Should i take my warm blanket?

Only have one weekender to compare it to. Still haven't decided if its better to fly / train or drive down.

How busy will it be?

Tortoise
16th-May-2007, 05:49 PM
Yes i am going and soooo looking forward to it. Just thinking up ideas of what to wear for theme night - uniforms well this could be exciting. Hope some males out there opting for the white air force uniform - god that one is soooo sexy. officer and a gentleman x

Cruella
16th-May-2007, 05:54 PM
Hope some males out there opting for the white air force uniform - god that one is soooo sexy. officer and a gentleman x
Why do you think I suggested uniforms as a theme in the first place!:wink: I know of at least one wearing this and he'll look :drool:

Tortoise
16th-May-2007, 05:57 PM
Why do you think I suggested it as a theme in the first place!:wink: I know of at least one wearing this and he'll look :drool:

A women with taste :nice: the suspense is killing me.

Jamie
16th-May-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm gonna have to get one of these white suit jobbys, specially if it means I'll get more dances with Tatiana :drool:

:whistle:

Tortoise
16th-May-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm gonna have to get one of these white suit jobbys, specially if it means I'll get more dances with Tatiana :drool:

I am no Tatiana but i vow to dance with any male dressed in one. It will be my saturday night aim jamie.:love:

Lynn
16th-May-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm SO excited..... :clap: :clap: (and it's my birthday the week before am hoping for some b'day dances :whistle::flower: :D )Me too - its my birthday the day before. :D

CrazyArms
16th-May-2007, 06:47 PM
So whats the venue actually like? Trying to see where exactly we are dancing but seeing how i've just posted my appilcation might be a while for answers.

Booked in budget class, so what can i expect for what i pay for? Having no clue first southport here am curious. is there anything i should be watching out for. Like do the rooms keep the cold out. Should i take my warm blanket?

Only have one weekender to compare it to. Still haven't decided if its better to fly / train or drive down.

How busy will it be?

The venue is excellent and it's all about the dancing so accomodation is not that important but it is always reasonable no matter what standard you get. In june it shouldn't be too cold so I wouldn't worry about that.

An' I'll give ya a hug for a can of 3G if you get cold!!! :rofl:

Just sent my Cheque off and booking form today for Budget too... what I do advise though is if you have room in your bag take an extra sheet for the beds as they have these bizarre "don't you dare **** yourself" mattresses which stick to you like thick tar! and a sheet or duvet to lay on goes miles. :worthy:

I can't wait for it and will be flying solo again so can't wait which poor buggers have me in their Chalet :eek:

Wuzzle
17th-May-2007, 09:21 AM
The venue is excellent and it's all about the dancing so accomodation is not that important but it is always reasonable no matter what standard you get. In june it shouldn't be too cold so I wouldn't worry about that.

An' I'll give ya a hug for a can of 3G if you get cold!!! :rofl:

Just sent my Cheque off and booking form today for Budget too... what I do advise though is if you have room in your bag take an extra sheet for the beds as they have these bizarre "don't you dare **** yourself" mattresses which stick to you like thick tar! and a sheet or duvet to lay on goes miles. :worthy:

I can't wait for it and will be flying solo again so can't wait which poor buggers have me in their Chalet :eek:

Well not sure what am doing for travel yet. Flying, driving, hitch-hiking, traveling by use of mirrors...:rolleyes: So not sure if i'll have enough space for the sheet or duvet. If i have space I'll remember to take something to keep me warm. Either that or a beer jacket might work.

Not sure how much sleep i want to get for southport. Have to make sure i have enough 3G to keep me happy. :innocent:

Claire S
17th-May-2007, 05:17 PM
June Southport is always the best... I'm looking forward to it! :D

I have a male ticket available.
PM me if you're interested.

Lee Bartholomew
17th-May-2007, 05:19 PM
looking forward to it all.

Can you book Jordan and Tatiana for private lessons?

Jamie
17th-May-2007, 05:28 PM
looking forward to it all.

Can you book Jordan and Tatiana for private lessons?

Yes! I think I'm gonna try n book them :D

Minnie M
17th-May-2007, 05:35 PM
sounds good to me :clap:

I think we all need to get our rolls sorted out :flower:

Rebbecca and the Captin are you doing the entertainment again :confused:

I think we could do with a list of what you can help with over the weekend :cheers:

whooops - just seen this post :blush:

I was thinking of buying a proper BBQ, but then you have to get the coal etc., the disposable ones are so much easier - unless someone has one of those gas ones and has room in their car to bring it. It would be better

SW burgers :drool: yes please :clap:

Entertainment by Mr & Mrs CF :respect: :clap: yes please, last year was fab

As you have seen I have started a special thread for the BBQ - hopefully this year will be best yet !!

BarBQ is normally near the rocks in the centre of the big green behind the kiddies entertainment bits which are opposite the blues room entance.... hope it helps... maybe call Anneka Rice for more clues

The BBQ will be on Saturday approx. 5pm on the green with the rocks on it, just past the kiddies place which can be seen from the entrance (as UP said above) and from my chalet which is number 83 - but there are many forumites in that row.

PLEASE PLEASE don't forget to come Dance Demon :tears: to think a veteran Southporter but a BBQ virgin :whistle:

Jamie
17th-May-2007, 05:39 PM
hopefully this year will be best yet !!

Of course it will babe, I'll be there :whistle:

Freudian Hips
17th-May-2007, 07:33 PM

Make sure you come visit us again. Although Fi and Freya (or will you?) won't be there due to some wedding that's happening the week after :tears: Of course the wedding can only go ahead if my Heavenly shoes :awe: arrive.

Anyway, CrazyArms, we can recommend you as good company for a Sunday afternoon. :flower:

See you there then.
Ali :cheers:

CrazyArms
17th-May-2007, 08:17 PM
Anyway, CrazyArms, we can recommend you as good company for a Sunday afternoon. :flower:

Well thank you very much! :blush:

Have to say I did enjoy a glass or two with you all.

I am open to any invites of hospitality from all corners... I bring wine!!

The BBQ being discussed in the other threads sounds like a great little social. Can't Wait :clap:

Oh and Freudian if you are feeling adventurous I will teach you the catepillar this time round! .... queue broken nose :tears:

Caro
17th-May-2007, 10:14 PM
Yes! I think I'm gonna try n book them :D

You should... I have their e-mail addresses if you want... I also happen to have Tat's cell number :waycool:

Oh, and if you need a dance dummy for your private... :whistle: ;)

Lory
17th-May-2007, 11:43 PM
I also happen to have Tat's cell number :waycool:

oooooooh 'cell' number huh? :waycool: :rofl:

Caro
17th-May-2007, 11:48 PM
oooooooh 'cell' number huh? :waycool: :rofl:

cell, cell phone, mobile... you know me, just trying to speak like a local. :rofl: :blush:

Jamie
18th-May-2007, 01:07 AM
You should... I have their e-mail addresses if you want... I also happen to have Tat's cell number :waycool:

Ohh get you, Tat's cell number!

Oh, and if you need a dance dummy for your private... :whistle: ;)

:wink:

cell, cell phone, mobile... you know me, just trying to speak like a local. :rofl: :blush:

:worthy:

Monika
18th-May-2007, 01:22 PM
Late change of plans so can unfortunately not make Southport :tears:

Therefore: Female & Male ticket with 1-Bedroom Clup apartment available. PM me if interested

Happy dancing :flower:

BeccaB
18th-May-2007, 06:02 PM

You bring wine?!?!?!?!
We like wine! :D

Freudian Hips
18th-May-2007, 06:29 PM

Oh and Freudian if you are feeling adventurous I will teach you the catepillar this time round! .... queue broken nose :tears:

Sounds like the catepillar (that can't be how it is spelt, is it?) will be at least as much fun as the d**k head, aka backward body roll

You bring wine?!?!?!?!
We like wine! :D

:yeah:

He brings wine, I drink it :drool::cheers::eek: ..........:rofl:

I guess I can share :flower:

PS I never really like my nose anyway.

CrazyArms
18th-May-2007, 06:38 PM
I have a video on my phone of the dick head being performed and of me doing the cate...thingy but it is in 3gp format. (Anyone know how to convert them?)

TWO WEEKS LEFT!!!

Trousers
19th-May-2007, 10:29 PM
You need quicktime to view a 3gp

as it's free it shouldn't be an issue

fletch
21st-May-2007, 11:01 AM
so how long now :confused:

under par
21st-May-2007, 11:07 AM
so how long now :confused:

Fletch there is a thread already fit for purpose....

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/chit-chat/12550-counting-down-southport.html

but is 12 sleeps as you asked:yeah:

Wuzzle
22nd-May-2007, 12:17 AM
Cool :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: am soo looking forward to it. Think the first weekender i went to helped alot.

So knowing that you can dance till ummm when??? breakfast? How long has anyone danced till just out of interest. Been told i have to make through till sunrise.. which is umm when exactly? :D

Sheepman
22nd-May-2007, 01:21 AM
Been told i have to make through till sunrise.. which is umm when exactly? :rofl: Dawn is just for starters, around 4:30?
Breakfast is served about 9:30, but you don't have to stop and eat.

Greg

Wuzzle
22nd-May-2007, 08:20 AM
Only 430? Well i guess its getting pretty light early on. :nice:

Actually i need to eat of my tummy trys to digest itself. :what:

Though the thought about dancing till breakfast sounds like fun. :grin:

Have to see what workshops am missing out on first mind.

Cruella
22nd-May-2007, 08:34 AM
So knowing that you can dance till ummm when??? breakfast? How long has anyone danced till just out of interest. Been told i have to make through till sunrise.. which is umm when exactly? :D

The latest i've danced through to is midday sunday, but we did stop for 20 mins to devour a cooked breakfast.:drool: Basically there is no 'stop time' for the dancing. So it's up to you when you fit in your sleep.:wink:

Wuzzle
22nd-May-2007, 11:29 AM
The latest i've danced through to is midday sunday, but we did stop for 20 mins to devour a cooked breakfast.:drool: Basically there is no 'stop time' for the dancing. So it's up to you when you fit in your sleep.:wink:

Ahh well sleep will be once i run out of sprite 3G or redbull. I need to feed 3 times a day or more to keep my tummy happy.

Well i'll stop to eat once IF there is any quiet times :whistle: otherwise i'll eat once i get hungry.

So where are the good places to eat? :nice: I'll probably eat out alot maybe I'll buy some stuff for breakfast but am still wondering how i am going to southport. :( its still in the ether...

johnah
22nd-May-2007, 01:42 PM
Not sure if we're allowed to say this anymore:confused: but here goes:

Southport is SOLD OUT

There may be limited availability for a few men, if they know someone already booked in and can share with them. Call us.

Programmes etc mailed out by end of this week.

Twirlie Bird
22nd-May-2007, 01:51 PM
Basically there is no 'stop time' for the dancing. So it's up to you when you fit in your sleep.:wink:

Oh dear this is very dangerous. :sick: How am I going to cope. :sick: Hopefully Stokie will send me to bed. :whistle: What's the longest anyone can physically cope without sleep? :confused:

Lee Bartholomew
22nd-May-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh dear this is very dangerous. :sick: How am I going to cope. :sick: Hopefully Stokie will send me to bed. :whistle: What's the longest anyone can physically cope without sleep? :confused:

Feel a bet or sponsored 'Danceathon' comming

Yliander
22nd-May-2007, 01:57 PM
What's the longest anyone can physically cope without sleep? :confused:
depends on the level of side effects you want to endure....

Wes
22nd-May-2007, 04:21 PM
OK peeps, hows about some ground rules/criteria to warrant receipt of a cooked breakfast!

ducasi
22nd-May-2007, 04:33 PM
OK peeps, hows about some ground rules/criteria to warrant receipt of a cooked breakfast!
How about... "attendance in the venue, for at least 4 hours between midnight and 6am, then continuous attendance after that until breakfast is called." ?

Wuzzle
22nd-May-2007, 04:49 PM
depends on the level of side effects you want to endure....

Hmm... side effects? 3G has nothing on the tin about side-effects. :what: perhaps i can side step the side-effects by drinking more 3G when i wake up :whistle:

WittyBird
23rd-May-2007, 12:37 AM
How about... "attendance in the venue, for at least 4 hours between midnight and 6am, then continuous attendance after that until breakfast is called." ?

Nah..... From 2am onwards you cannot have left the venue, decking / Seating area etc for more than 15 consecutive minutes.

15 mins is long enough for a....

shower
toilet break
drink
bit fresh air / breather
change of clothes
freshen up

*But not long enough for........

:blush:
:really:
:drool:
:yum:
:love:

*Disclaimer ~ unless your name is ******

Sheepman
23rd-May-2007, 01:12 AM

Is that what's happening at LM's café? A minimum of 30 minutes needed for that.

Trouble
23rd-May-2007, 09:16 AM
Nah..... From 2am onwards you cannot have left the venue, decking / Seating area etc for more than 15 consecutive minutes.

shower
toilet break
drink
bit fresh air / breather
change of clothes
freshen up

15mins is plenty long enough.!! - sometimes twice :rolleyes: :yum: :whistle:

marty_baby
25th-May-2007, 12:09 PM
Hiya All,

SouthPort June 2007 - Has anyone recieved their tickets and Class timetables yet? 8)

I checked what I got in the post ages ago.

So far all I have is:
1. A receipt of the Room booked (Which We did over the web)
2. A flyer for the SEPT southport event.

Is this enough to get in, if nothing else arrives? Happy to just turn up with what I've got - I imagine the organisers are a bit busy at the mo! 8)

martin x

Wuzzle
25th-May-2007, 12:23 PM
Hiya All,

SouthPort June 2007 - Has anyone recieved their tickets and Class timetables yet? 8)

I checked what I got in the post ages ago.

So far all I have is:
1. A receipt of the Room booked (Which We did over the web)
2. A flyer for the SEPT southport event.

Umm i haven't even received that yet :confused: got two emails from John though saying am booked. We just sneaked in before the sold out sign was up.

Still no tickets tho :what: when do they appear? (one slighty worried wuzzle)

Minnie M
25th-May-2007, 03:26 PM
I haven't receive tickets either - bit worrying as I have to post them on to my Chalet mates :what:

Just had a phone call from Jockey (Jack) - has anyone got a spare 'bed' for him - he has a ticket to get in, but no accomodation:sad:

PM me and I will give you his mobile number

johnah
25th-May-2007, 03:38 PM
Umm i haven't even received that yet :confused: got two emails from John though saying am booked. We just sneaked in before the sold out sign was up.

Still no tickets tho :what: when do they appear? (one slighty worried wuzzle)

All the passes, programmes etc have now been mailed first class to all Lead Names.

fletch
25th-May-2007, 04:00 PM
All the passes, programmes etc have now been mailed first class to all Lead Names.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thanks for letting us know :cheers:

marty_baby
25th-May-2007, 04:03 PM

Knew they were on there way... really looking forward to actually looking at the programme before turning up!

Thanks Johnah! :clap:

Caro
25th-May-2007, 04:41 PM

Is there any chance to get the program online on your website ?
Or failing that, on here as an excel spreadsheet attached to a post ? :flower:

Little Monkey
25th-May-2007, 08:53 PM

Is that what's happening at LM's café? A minimum of 30 minutes needed for that.

Wot??????:confused: What exactly are you suggesting, Mr Sheep? My establishment will be a perfectly respectable one, where we will consume cakes, tea and coffee, and exchange lots of :hug: (and possibly the odd :kiss: ).

IT IS NOT A BROTHEL!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Shame on you - no cake for naughty sheep!

Little Yellow Fish
25th-May-2007, 10:03 PM
Wot??????:confused: What exactly are you suggesting, Mr Sheep? My establishment will be a perfectly respectable one, where we will consume cakes, tea and coffee, and exchange lots of :hug: (and possibly the odd :kiss: ).

IT IS NOT A BROTHEL!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Shame on you - no cake for naughty sheep!

Awww... But how will I uphold my reputation of being a floosy? :wink:

Its ok - I'm sure I can manage to suitably lower the tone!! :waycool:

Ok, ok, I won't... I promise...:blush: I'll be good :grin:

Wuzzle
26th-May-2007, 09:55 AM
WOOOHOOO :D

Got my southport tickets through the door today :clap: :clap:

Just reading the booklet, this time next week i'll be running to the dance floor for the Saturday start. :grin:

Can't wait now all i need is my stack of 3G to keep me going.... failing that redbull :whistle: follow the wuzzle shaped blur... gimme gimme gimme.... :rofl:

Lynn
26th-May-2007, 10:01 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:Arrived this morning! :clap:

DJ line up in the programme, a week before the event :respect: yet another first for Jive Addiction!

Great variety of workshops.

Dates for all the weekenders for next year. :D

I'm going to be cutting down on weekenders, and I could quite comfortably plan all my dance events for the next year from that list. (Including a holiday! :waycool: )

DavidY
26th-May-2007, 10:35 AM
Here's the workshops programme in a Word file.

Note that the official programme seems to have one or two errors (and I've probably introduced one or two :blush:)

Most notably it says that on Friday night, Simon & Taina are teaching 21:30-23:00, with nothing at all happening in the main room from 23:00-00:00. The DJ programme says something different though - it suggests that the class is 23:00. :confused:

I'll leave it to someone else to do the DJ programme!

fletch
26th-May-2007, 11:13 AM
Mine has come

need to shop, need to shop, need to shop :whistle:

just think this time next week :clap:

johnah
26th-May-2007, 02:15 PM
Most notably it says that on Friday night, Simon & Taina are teaching 21:30-23:00, with nothing at all happening in the main room from 23:00-00:00. The DJ programme says something different though - it suggests that the class is 23:00.

Yes, apologies for the typo error David. Simon & Taina will be teaching their Blues class at 23:00 in the Jive Addiction Ballroom, as everyone will see on the class timetables at the entrance to each room.

Sheepman
26th-May-2007, 02:23 PM
What exactly are you suggesting, Mr Sheep? My establishment will be a perfectly respectable one, where we will consume cakes, tea and coffee, and exchange lots of :hug: (and possibly the odd :kiss: ). That's exactly what I was talking about. :innocent:

Its ok - I'm sure I can manage to suitably lower the tone!! :waycool:

Ok, ok, I won't... I promise...:blush: I'll be good :grin: Yeah right! :eek:

And a very sick LM asks how will she recognise you if you're good?

Greg

Twirlie Bird
26th-May-2007, 03:22 PM
:respect: Got my tickets this morning. :clap: So excited. :clap: Just 6 more sleeps. So pleased this is a long weekend. Dancing for the next 3 nights, then a class night that we haven't been to before and then it will just be 3 more sleeps. :clap: Time to shop and pack. :clap: Perfect. :clap:

I am seriously impressed with the quality of the booklet and information that arrived today.:respect: I have only ever been to one weekender before so don't have very much to compare it with but wow. :respect: Some hard work has gone into this weekend. No wonder everyone raves about Southport. If that much effort and thought goes into the pre information then I can only imagine the thought and effort that goes into the actual weekend. :clap:

I cannot wait. Does it show. :whistle:

Also Soooooooooooooooooooo excited about February's weekender. :clap: Cannot believe my all time favourite dancer is going to be there. Benji Schwimmer. :awe: When can I book for February?

If only every organiser put this much thought in :(
Every weekender would then be awesome. :)

Now where's next years diary. :whistle:

johnah
26th-May-2007, 04:49 PM
:respect:

Also Soooooooooooooooooooo excited about February's weekender. :clap: Cannot believe my all time favourite dancer is going to be there. Benji Schwimmer. :awe: When can I book for February? :

At Southport next weekend!

fletch
26th-May-2007, 05:11 PM
: No wonder everyone raves about Southport. If that much effort and thought goes into the pre information then I can only imagine the thought and effort that goes into the actual weekend. :clap:

If only every organiser put this much thought in :(
Every weekender would then be awesome. :)

Now where's next years diary. :whistle:

you just weight it will blow you mind,:worthy: can't weight to see 'Stokie in the blues room as the sun comes up :clap:

At Southport next weekend!

so get in quick :rolleyes:

it does my head in everyone leaving it till the last min, i like to be organised :innocent:

fletch
26th-May-2007, 05:31 PM
i'm packing my flares and flat shoes for a spot of daning in the main room with lounge lizzard, I carn't say any more but

snake, snake, snake, snake, snake :wink:

jiveaddicted
26th-May-2007, 05:54 PM
i got my pass and booklet this morning!! I just sat and gazed at the booklet for an hour or so its fair to say im obscenely excited im practically counting down the hours :-)

M

Mac
26th-May-2007, 05:59 PM
I am seriously impressed with the quality of the booklet and information that arrived today.:respect: I have only ever been to one weekender before so don't have very much to compare it with but wow. :respect: Some hard work has gone into this weekend. No wonder everyone raves about Southport. If that much effort and thought goes into the pre information then I can only imagine the thought and effort that goes into the actual weekend. :clap:

I cannot wait. Does it show. :whistle:

Also Soooooooooooooooooooo excited about February's weekender. :clap: Cannot believe my all time favourite dancer is going to be there. Benji Schwimmer. :awe: When can I book for February?

John of Jive Addiction also runs a mean printing and promotiobn business, but thats not to say that its still great to get such quality info!:respect:

Also sweetie you can book February in June ! ( and you should get a discount! ) :clap: :clap: Ive booked two a year ahead every year since it started ( well since I was a paying guest anyway):whistle:

Oh and Twirley , You and Stokie are going to love it. Especially now that you've done the training! :whistle:

Mac
26th-May-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh and A BIG THANKYOU TO JOHN JA For the Ticket he sent me for Mini Mac!!!:cheers: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

johnah
26th-May-2007, 08:02 PM
Also sweetie you can book February in June ! ( and you should get a discount! ) :clap: :clap: Ive booked two a year ahead every year since it started ( well since I was a paying guest anyway):whistle:

That's not the way it works actually. :whistle:

As featured in the programme, there is an exclusive deal available for dancers attending next weekend who book during it for September's event at Southport. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any exclusive deal which may be offered only applies to the next event at Southport; ie September 14-17 weekend.

However, for those who do book in for September and then subsequently book in for February 2008, well, they will automatically receive the benefit of any 'deal' which may be available in September.

Little Monkey
26th-May-2007, 08:35 PM
That's exactly what I was talking about. :innocent:

Don't think that's what WB was talking about...:whistle:

Yeah right! :eek:

And a very sick LM asks how will she recognise you if you're good?

Greg

A very sick LM will be very disappointed if LYF is going to be a well behaved little girl...... Where on earth is the fun in that? Let me introduce you to some of the naughty dancers I know......:wink:

fletch
27th-May-2007, 10:10 AM
Northern Soul

I have just had it confirmed that the wonderfull Lounge Lizard will be doing some Northern Soul sets at Southport :respect:

the first will be on Friday in the Latin room ...last slot

the second is on Saurday in the main room last slot

the third is on Sunday in the main room last slot

but don't panic there will be other stuff thrown in for those mad high energy bunch that remember 6am in the main room Sunday/Mondy in Feburary :D

Caz, Jamie, First Move, (martin harper we will miss you :tears: ) give it a go we will have a mess about (for a change) :rolleyes:

oh! and no talk :blush: asif:innocent:

Lounge Lizard
27th-May-2007, 11:01 AM
Northern Soul

I have just had it confirmed that the wonderfull Lounge Lizard will be doing some Northern Soul sets at Southport :respect:

the first will be on Friday in the Latin room ...last slot

the second is on Saurday in the main room last slot

the third is on Sunday in the main room last slot

but don't panic there will be other stuff thrown in for those mad high energy bunch that remember 6am in the main room Sunday/Mondy in Feburary :D

Caz, Jamie, First Move, (martin harper we will miss you :tears: ) give it a go we will have a mess about (for a change) :rolleyes:

oh! and no talk :blush: asif:innocent:
probably not in the latin room, wrong genre, but main hall:cheers:
and it is all MJ'able in feb the main hall went on till 6am Monday so after the regular finish time of about 4am I thought why not make it (in part) a northern soul all nighter (well from 4am till breakfast:waycool:
LL

fletch
27th-May-2007, 11:20 AM
probably not in the latin room, wrong genre, but main hall:cheers:
and it is all MJ'able in feb the main hall went on till 6am Monday so after the regular finish time of about 4am I thought why not make it (in part) a northern soul all nighter (well from 4am till breakfast:waycool:
LL

thanks for that LL :flower:

so no need for my flairs on the Friday then :na: :waycool:

does that mean breckfasts are on you if we make it through the night :wink:

ooo I think that's a song :confused: :D

Wes
27th-May-2007, 06:28 PM

shower
toilet break
drink
bit fresh air / breather
change of clothes
freshen up

OK Peeps, this sounds good enough, only for the Sat Night though and...............
NO CHEATING !:respect::cheers: :respect: :cheers: :respect: :cheers: :respect: :cheers: :respect: :cheers: :respect: :cheers: :respect: :cheers: :respect: :cheers:

under par
27th-May-2007, 07:53 PM
Johnah did you remember to book the great weather again :whistle:

It was on your list of things to do:rofl:

johnah
27th-May-2007, 09:13 PM
Johnah did you remember to book the great weather again :whistle:

It was on your list of things to do:rofl:

It still is, and I'm working towards it. :whistle:

FirstMove
27th-May-2007, 09:44 PM

I was planning to have some early nights.:innocent: :devil:

Wuzzle
27th-May-2007, 09:57 PM
So Saturday is the all night dance through till breakfast then?

Hmm have to check what workshops i'd be missing :confused: but have to do get breakfast at least once without sleep :D

Might have to get Spartak Lad to attach a 3G drip to my arm... :whistle:

Just out of interest how many people stay up till breakfast is called anyway?

Minnie M
27th-May-2007, 10:27 PM
So Saturday is the all night dance through till breakfast then?

Hmm have to check what workshops i'd be missing :confused: but have to do get breakfast at least once without sleep :D

Might have to get Spartak Lad to attach a 3G drip to my arm... :whistle:

Just out of interest how many people stay up till breakfast is called anyway?

The 'all nighters' breakfast
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/338995-post156.html

Wuzzle
27th-May-2007, 10:53 PM
The 'all nighters' breakfast
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/338995-post156.html

Cool seems quite a few of you like to stay up. Is it always only one night event then?

fletch
28th-May-2007, 04:07 AM
Cool seems quite a few of you like to stay up. Is it always only one night event then?

yes it starts at 4pm on Friday and finishes 6am Monday :whistle:

Do you think you will be able to stand the pace :wink: :D

under par
28th-May-2007, 04:09 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

fletch
28th-May-2007, 04:09 AM
I was planning to have some early nights.:innocent: :devil:

pulled have we :whistle:

you can i'll come and knock you up at 2am just give me you challet number :wink: as long as you are there for the last session :clap:

Wuzzle
28th-May-2007, 11:22 AM

Do you think you will be able to stand the pace :wink: :D

Well I'll be quite happy to stay up just have beginnery issuses wondering what classes to sleep through. :confused:

There are some classes that require a cat nap. :yum: Otherwise what i learn may go in one ear out the other or worst trapped in auto pilot... :whistle:

No beginners guide on advice for southport apart from expect lack of sleep?

Remember am only a fledgling to dance stuff so everything is new and shiney appeals to me :whistle: so i do wonder what i miss out on when i require sleep.. I offen get distracted by people performing really cool stuff... and when it happens if am dancing my brain will go all yoyo on me... :sick: though i've stopped looking around as eye contact is really good in a dance. Just am bit intimidated by some... :blush:

fletch
28th-May-2007, 11:29 AM
Well I'll be quite happy to stay up just have beginnery issuses wondering what classes to sleep through. :confused:

depends what you wan't from dance and your dancing :flower:

we all seem to wan't differn't things :respect:

Just remember if you are quite new you will need you pass to get into the blues room :whistle: :devil:

or you can just come to the forum party, make sure we can read your name clearly on your 't' shirt :waycool: :D

Wuzzle
28th-May-2007, 11:33 AM
depends what you wan't from dance and your dancing :flower:

we all seem to wan't differn't things :respect:

Just remember if you are quite new you will need you pass to get into the blues room :whistle: :devil:

or you can just come to the forum party, make sure we can read your name clearly on your 't' shirt :waycool: :D

What pass???? what party?? eeeeeep..... Tshirts names :confused: oh grud.... :blush:

Minnie M
28th-May-2007, 11:33 AM
Power Naps :worthy: :yeah: :clap: (no longer than 2 hours)

I learnt how to have them on about my third big weekender - the only way to get through the weekend without missing too much - be careful not to leave them too late as you will find they turn into proper sleep :tears: and not a good idea if you have been drinking :really: :tears:

It is an art, not all of us can do it - but practice does make perfect :wink:

Caro
28th-May-2007, 11:41 AM

nope, last time it finished just after 7 on monday... looks like you've missed the last hour, Fletch... (which, of course, was the best...) :whistle:

fletch
28th-May-2007, 11:43 AM
nope, last time it finished just after 7 on monday... looks like you've missed the last hour, Fletch... (which, of course, was the best...) :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that was the hour I missed then :na:

Caro
28th-May-2007, 11:44 AM

just make sure you don't miss Jordan and Tatiana's, or I'll be very angry with you :whistle:

johnah
28th-May-2007, 12:36 PM

Actually it was 07:45 am, and Fletch was there. It was Trampy's last set for us at Southport :tears: :tears: :tears: and we gave him quite a send off.

Caro
28th-May-2007, 12:45 PM
Actually it was 07:45 am, and Fletch was there. It was Trampy's last set for us at Southport :tears: :tears: :tears: and we gave him quite a send off.

oh were you Fletch ? apologies for doubting of you - I am not worthy :flower: :respect:

just after 7, 7.45... I was a bit tired my notion of time was a bit approximate :blush:

and yes, I do remember the 'send off' :rolleyes:

fletch
28th-May-2007, 12:46 PM
What pass???? what party?? eeeeeep..... Tshirts names :confused: oh grud.... :blush:

the party is on the broucher, billed at Blusevill 21.00hrs to 23.00 hrs Forumites Gathering with Dance Demon.

some of us wear 't' shirs with our forum names on it so we can be recognised, (note to self ..get new 't' shirt so i'm recognised) :grin:

don't worry about the pass :wink: i'll sort it :rofl:

not a good idea if you have been drinking :really: :tears:

I think that a major key, if you like a drink you won't be able to go without sleep like some do, that don't have a drink :flower:

Minnie M
28th-May-2007, 12:53 PM
.....I think that a major key, if you like a drink you won't be able to go without sleep like some do, that don't have a drink :flower:

:confused: I have to read your posts 3 times to understand them sometimes Fletch :blush: - but please don't change - luv ya the way ya are :hug:

Actually the trick is .......... if you do have a drink don't back to the chalet after said drink and have a 'quick 5 mins' (sleep that is) it never works.

I enjoy having a drink on these weekenders, it loosens me up and actually helps my dancing (well I think it does as it stops me worrying how bad I am) although I do get a bit 'loud' at times :blush:

fletch
28th-May-2007, 01:02 PM
:confused: I have to read your posts 3 times to understand them sometimes Fletch :blush: - but please don't change - luv ya the way ya are :hug:

Actually the trick is .......... if you do have a drink don't back to the chalet after said drink and have a 'quick 5 mins' (sleep that is) it never works.

I enjoy having a drink on these weekenders, it loosens me up and actually helps my dancing (well I think it does as it stops me worrying how bad I am) although I do get a bit 'loud' at times :blush:

I read them back before I post and they make sence, but when I read them some time later, even I don't understand some of them :blush: :rofl:

how bad you are :rolleyes: yeah right :what: I hope I get that bad one day :respect:

you need to get loud to be heard over me :devil: :really:

:na:

Wuzzle
28th-May-2007, 01:22 PM
just make sure you don't miss Jordan and Tatiana's, or I'll be very angry with you :whistle:

Yes Miss...!

Would that have anything to do WCS i wonder... :whistle:

Dance Demon
28th-May-2007, 05:50 PM
Anyone else not got their tickets & programme yet?......I've not got mine.....maybe it takes longer for the carrier pigeon to get to Scotland:tears:

under par
28th-May-2007, 05:59 PM
Anyone else not got their tickets & programme yet?......I've not got mine.....maybe it takes longer for the carrier pigeon to get to Scotland:tears:

We got ours DD :na: :na: ... but I'm sure the birds will get them there by tomorrow:D

johnah
28th-May-2007, 06:03 PM

Hey Big John, sorry to hear you haven't got yours yet :tears: , all have gone out first class but 'snail mail' ain't what it once was I guess. Expect you'll get yours tomorrow.

See you Friday and looking forward to your music sets, as always.:cheers:

ducasi
28th-May-2007, 06:17 PM
Two tickets arrived in Dundee on Friday or Saturday...

Must just be you! ;)

jinski
28th-May-2007, 08:59 PM

Its not just scotland! The good old snail mail can't even make London :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
Thanks David Y for the programe info otherwise I'd have been dieing of couriosity. Now I know I'm just going to be even more sleep deprived than normal due to some fab looking classes:clap:

Have no intention of missing bfst on sunday but hope to be warmer than in Feb!:rolleyes: However I might have to sneak out into the 'fast room' for more than 15 mins between 2 and 4 if the music is as good as normal:whistle:

Normally I'm spoilt for choice between the two and this time I won't have a bad back to slow me down.. :sad: :tears:

I will earn my breakfast tho - honest :flower:

Auntie Barb
28th-May-2007, 10:39 PM
I am really looking forward to Southport. I will be at the barbeque, let's hope we get some good weather. But most of all I am looking forward to dancing with all you great Scottish guys so save a dance for me please!:clap:

under par
28th-May-2007, 10:50 PM
I am really looking forward to Southport. I will be at the barbeque, let's hope we get some good weather. But most of all I am looking forward to dancing with all you great Scottish guys so save a dance for me please!:clap:

Auntie Barb, 11 posts in 3 years:respect: please look me U.P. 6'8" you cannot miss me please say hello and lets dance.

:yeah:

Wuzzle
29th-May-2007, 12:25 AM

Cool will see you there... :clap: I'll probably not have a name tag or anything but hey!!!....

I'll at least say ello.. you know at some point i'll have to see what am missing.. but i haven't really thought on the time table yet.. what time is the bbq again... :whistle: he says slighty drinkly...

fletch
29th-May-2007, 03:27 AM

do you think they are trying to tell you somthing, John :na:

Two tickets arrived in Dundee on Friday or Saturday...

Must just be you! ;)

ooooer its not looking good is it :what:

:

Have no intention of missing bfst on sunday but hope to be warmer than in Feb!:rolleyes: However I might have to sneak out into the 'fast room' for more than 15 mins between 2 and 4 if the music is as good as normal:whistle:

what :eek:

It didn't say anything about having to be in the blues room all night after 2am:mad:

it just said venue,:flower: I carn't stop in one place for that long :sick: we need people adjudicating in each room then, I don't mind reporting in, when I move about, think you might notice me gone anyway,:na: no reason to go back early :innocent:

fletch
29th-May-2007, 03:29 AM
Cool will see you there... :clap: I'll probably not have a name tag or anything but hey!!!....

he says slighty drinkly...

I have my pen :na:

get me before you have had to much to drink.:flower: I don't do drunks :cheers:

Wuzzle
29th-May-2007, 09:51 AM
I have my pen :na:

get me before you have had to much to drink.:flower: I don't do drunks :cheers:

Don't drunk and jive myself. Though i do maybe have 1 pint perhaps? This is rare though. Normally stick to water... perhaps some redbull :sick: would wire into a few cans of 3g though :clap: keep me up and dancing... :whistle:

I only go to sleep if there is a class that i think i really want to keep in my brain and take back with me.... So no problems with a drunky wuzzy.

Might get a case of the green eye'd monster though... end up feeling a bit like an ant. :( Other than that i'll be fine... happy to dance with who ever i can must enough courage to ask to dance.... :sick:

fletch
29th-May-2007, 10:08 AM
:Have no intention of missing bfst on sunday but hope to be warmer than in Feb!:rolleyes: However I might have to sneak out into the 'fast room' for more than 15 mins between 2 and 4 if the music is as good as normal:whistle:

I know you might find it hard to belive :rolleyes: but I was lying in bet thinking about SP :na: amongst other things :whistle: I have a date with the Lounge Lizzard in the main room at 4am for the Soul session, so I carn't stop in the blues all night :cheers:

Might get a case of the green eye'd monster though... end up feeling a bit like an ant. :( Other than that i'll be fine... happy to dance with who ever i can must enough courage to ask :

there have been lots of disscusions on the forum that might help with this:flower:

I will try and grab you :clap:

Caro
29th-May-2007, 11:09 AM
has anybody seen the weather forecast for this week-end ? Rain and 15deg C max.... and it gets worse everyday :tears: :tears: :tears:

Will there be a marquee over the 'outside' blues room as in feb if that's the case (rain) ?

johnah
29th-May-2007, 11:17 AM
has anybody seen the weather forecast for this week-end ? Rain and 15deg C max.... and it gets worse everyday :tears: :tears: :tears:

Will there be a marquee over the 'outside' blues room as in feb if that's the case (rain) ?

I don't know which forecast your looking at, and they've all been known to get it wrong at times. But the local BBC 5 day forecast predicts: Friday light showers and 17c, same on Saturday and 16c and low and behold, sunny on Sunday and 18c.

fletch
29th-May-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't know which forecast your looking at, and they've all been known to get it wrong at times. But the local BBC 5 day forecast predicts: Friday light showers and 17c, same on Saturday and 16c and low and behold, sunny on Sunday and 18c.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

we new you would sort it John :worthy: :D

johnah
29th-May-2007, 12:25 PM

Sorry forgot to answer this question.

Yes, the marquee will be in place with a dance floor covering the decking as in February, and which more than doubles the dance floor space in our Blues Room.:wink:

Caro
29th-May-2007, 12:41 PM
Yes, the marquee will be in place with a dance floor covering the decking as in February, and which more than doubles the dance floor space in our Blues Room.:wink:

cooooool :D

CrazyArms
29th-May-2007, 01:49 PM
Not been on the forum for ages and glad to see there was so much excitement about SP it has spread to 5/6 posts!! :respect:

All talk of BBQ's and meet ups with passes and such like.... what what what... is there some secret hand shake for forumites or will I have to get myself a Mr Tickle badge to make myself known ... a little late for a full blown T shirt I Think!!

Will be great to catch up with the people I met in Scotland and meet some new. I am driving up on Friday night so I will arrive about 10:30ish .... so about right then! I pity the people in my chalet but if it is any consolation I am bringing cakes!

See you all there.... I am the tall bendy one if I don't get a badge! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Bring a brolly we are in for a soaking!

Little Monkey
30th-May-2007, 01:01 PM
Not been on the forum for ages and glad to see there was so much excitement about SP it has spread to 5/6

You've clearly not read the forum properly.... *Sigh* :rolleyes: There's at least 9 or more threads regarding SP this weekend! :D There's the main SP thread, the fancy dress therad, threads about music in blues room, tango room, thread about the decking and marquee, cake/cafe thread, bbq thread, meeting up and having picnic thread, the countdown thread......... And many more!

Actually, has there ever been so many threads about one SP, or about one single event before? :confused:

Antway. Going to bake cheesecake now... :drool:

Cruella
30th-May-2007, 02:18 PM
The lovely Johnah has given me permission to sell my Tour De Dance tickets at Southport. So anyone that wants one, come and grab me anytime, anyplace over the weekend. :whistle:

(No, i'm not a Martini girl!)

robd
30th-May-2007, 02:21 PM
Will any forumites be doing the ballroom & latin social sessions in the Dance Den? Am keen to practice some of the stuff I have been learning but so rarely get the chance to dance socially esp. the foxtrot :drool: (all 5 patterns that I know :sad: )

fletch
30th-May-2007, 02:32 PM
(No, i'm not a Martini girl!)

I could name a few :devil:

Cruella
30th-May-2007, 02:36 PM
I could name a few :devil:

But are they shaken or stirred? and do they have a cherry?

SilverFox
30th-May-2007, 04:46 PM
With thanks to DavidY for his Southport timetable. I've nicked it, tampered with it and added in the DJ rota.

Minnie M
30th-May-2007, 04:53 PM
a martini girl with a cherry :rofl: (very witty)

Trouble
30th-May-2007, 05:00 PM
a martini girl with a cherry :rofl: (very witty)

Most girls have a cherry not just martini ones. :wink: :wink:

Little Monkey
30th-May-2007, 05:01 PM
With thanks to DavidY for his Southport timetable. I've nicked it, tampered with it and added in the DJ rota.

Thanks SF, I now know when I'll have my breaks....:whistle:

Northants Girly
30th-May-2007, 05:05 PM
Obligatory post SP stupid Q from NG that's probably been asked (and replyed to) before:

Does anyone know what time we can check in from? :D

Minnie M
30th-May-2007, 05:07 PM

I can't open it :tears: said it is the wrong path etc.

Zebra Woman
30th-May-2007, 05:09 PM

Sorry. Pardon me if I'm being stupid here.

Isn't SilverFox an amateurish Ceroc DJ who will be Djing at Utopia in one weeks time?

And, if that's the case, why is he fiddling around making us an all singing all dancing Southport Programme?

Thanks Vince, very nice work .:cheers:

* New cartridges please *

under par
30th-May-2007, 05:10 PM
Sorry. Pardon me if I'm being stupid here.

Isn't SilverFox an amateurish Ceroc DJ who will be Djing at Utopia in one weeks time?

And, if that's the case, why is he fiddling around making us an all singing all dancing Southport Programme?

Thanks Vince, very nice work .:cheers:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

under par
30th-May-2007, 05:12 PM
Obligatory post SP stupid Q from NG that's probably been asked (and replyed to) before:

Does anyone know what time we can check in from? :D

1600 hours friday

HelenB
30th-May-2007, 06:20 PM
Will any forumites be doing the ballroom & latin social sessions in the Dance Den? Am keen to practice some of the stuff I have been learning but so rarely get the chance to dance socially esp. the foxtrot :drool: (all 5 patterns that I know :sad: )

Me, me, save me a dance :D

(and that offer's open to everyone...:flower: ...:whistle:...:eek: )

Dance Demon
30th-May-2007, 06:53 PM

I hope they do rob....It's good that the ballroom sessions have been advertised in the programme, as maybe they will be a bit busier this time since people know when & where they are taking place....

Shea
30th-May-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm going!! :clap: I'm going!! :clap:

Sooo excited!!!
:D :D :D

Managed to get a place at the last minute...got my ticket, got my programme.

So much choice and so little sleep to be had!!

Will be great to meet up with people I know and to meet new forumites (which shouldn't be a problem as most of you are new to me)!!:grin:

So...forum party, BBQ, t-shirt/badges with names, fancy dress, cake....anything else?? Oh yeah, dancing!!
So much information, so little time! :eek:
Hope I manage to work out when everything is happening so I don't miss anything! If anyone sees me wandering about looking lost, please point me in the right direction! :blush:

See you all there.
Sheena :flower:

fletch
30th-May-2007, 10:29 PM

I think some might :confused:

but then again some may have lost them back at chill, perhaps it could be worn like a medal :whistle:

Cornish Pixie
31st-May-2007, 03:11 AM
ok, NOW i am excited!just finished revision for my last exam tomorrow and once thats over my southport head is gonna be on!the perfect place to celebrate end of exams:cheers:

Nick

robd
31st-May-2007, 09:08 AM
Like the Pointer Sisters, I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

Friday night is football night fellas - Eng v Brazil 8 o clock in the chalet - beers at the ready. Good start to the weekend :cheers:

Double Trouble
31st-May-2007, 09:31 AM
Like the Pointer Sisters...Friday night is football night fellas

So...you *ahem* sisters are watching fellas football:confused:

Cruella
31st-May-2007, 09:34 AM
Like the Pointer Sisters, I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

Friday night is football night fellas - Eng v Brazil 8 o clock in the chalet - beers at the ready. Good start to the weekend :cheers:

Ahem! Excuse me, What about us girls in the chalet! (How many men have you invited round? Are they all fit?)

robd
31st-May-2007, 09:37 AM
So...you *ahem* sisters are watching fellas football:confused:

Well, you know the saying 'Sisters are doing it for themselves'? Seems applicable to most of the men who'll be at Southport. One in the hand worth two in the bush or something like that :D

robd
31st-May-2007, 09:38 AM
Ahem! Excuse me, What about us girls in the chalet! (How many men have you invited round? Are they all fit?)

Duh. Given that I don't know the chalet number I haven't invited anyone.

How would you define a fit man?

Cruella
31st-May-2007, 10:18 AM

I'll tell you when we get there which ones you can invite!

Trouble
31st-May-2007, 11:04 AM

somebody breathing. :D :rolleyes:

Double Trouble
31st-May-2007, 11:09 AM
somebody breathing. :D :rolleyes:

:rofl: :yeah: Blimey, you sound like me. Everyone knows what appauling taste in men I have...the present Mr DT is about the best one I have ever pulled.:eek: :eek:

Lee Bartholomew
31st-May-2007, 11:14 AM
:rofl: :yeah: Blimey, you sound like me. Everyone knows what appauling taste in men I have...the present Mr DT is about the best one I have ever pulled.:eek: :eek:

You poor poor girl.

Trouble
31st-May-2007, 11:14 AM

i was actually answering on your behalf sis.:respect: :respect:

Trouble
31st-May-2007, 11:15 AM
You poor poor girl.

blimey your alive then.... have not heard or seen you on here for ages baby...xxxx:awe:

foxylady
31st-May-2007, 11:18 AM

I'll be round (whether you want me or not), you and Paul H are fit enough for me ! :wink:

robd
31st-May-2007, 11:20 AM
I'll be round

You'll never be a square, Foxylady :drool: :kiss:

foxylady
31st-May-2007, 11:25 AM
You'll never be a square, Foxylady :drool: :kiss:

curvy, with interesting lumps and bumps, is how I hope I would be described....

(seriously off topic and as I am not one of the four, or is that ten, my post will be summarily deleted and disposed of in the nearest off topic recycling receptacle)

Yay - southport here I come !!!!!!!!
(and on my knees praying for sunshine :wink: )

robd
31st-May-2007, 11:30 AM
{snip} on my knees {snip}

Stay there for a while Foxy :wink:

Sheepman
31st-May-2007, 12:44 PM
Eng v Brazil 8 o clock in the chalet - beers at the ready. Good start to the weekend :cheers: So does this mean it'll be just me playing with lots of girls in the Dance Den? :D

Greg

Double Trouble
31st-May-2007, 12:46 PM
So does this mean it'll be just me playing with lots of girls in the Dance Den? :D

You think thats a good thing?

Us girls will be all over you like a cheap suit...good luck with that one sheepy.:wink:

Sheepman
31st-May-2007, 12:57 PM
Us girls will be all over you :D :D
Do you think I should persuade Wes to get a wide screen in there?

Greg

under par
31st-May-2007, 01:26 PM
Johnah is up to his old tricks have you seen the change in the weather forecast for Saturday.

BBC - Weather Centre - 5 Day Forecast in Celsius for London, United Kingdom (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml) :worthy: :worthy:

Wuzzle
31st-May-2007, 01:42 PM
Just one more sleep :clap: if i can sleep. Though i ain't driving so might just sleep on the way down to SP.

Just need to pack! Plus the weather looks good at least for Saturday :D

I'll need to swing past tesco or something get food for the weekender.

No named tshirt though :( it got stopped at customs :tears:

Dance Demon
31st-May-2007, 03:06 PM
So does this mean it'll be just me playing with lots of girls in the Dance Den? :D

Greg

Not for long Greg....It'll be all over by half time:na:

stewart38
31st-May-2007, 03:10 PM

Agree

England 3-0 Brazil

robd
31st-May-2007, 03:15 PM

Which presupposes that the beer drinking complements the football viewing and not vice versa :cheers:

Caro
31st-May-2007, 03:21 PM
England 3-0 Brazil

no way this is happening, you're not as good as the French :na: :innocent:

Zara
31st-May-2007, 05:48 PM
Yay! Im going to Southport :D :D :D
Im sooooooooooo excited, I dont think I will leave the dance floor the entire weekend.....ok, maybe, but just for more redbull
:clap: :clap: :clap: SOUTHPORT HERE WE COME:clap: :clap: :clap:

just one more sleep (although I have to be up at 5am :eek: Im not sure my sleep really counts!!!)

Lynn
31st-May-2007, 06:32 PM
Johnah is up to his old tricks have you seen the change in the weather forecast for Saturday.

BBC - Weather Centre - 5 Day Forecast in Celsius for London, United Kingdom (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml) :worthy: :worthy:Umm, UP, you do know that Southport is not in London...? :rolleyes:

Started to think about packing. I'm not going to have my 'looking for something at the last minute, finding it at the bottom of the wash basket/down the back of the drawer unit, trying to get it washed, dried and ironed by the morning' panic this time. Its my birthday and I'm going out instead. :D Anything that I can't find just aint gonna be packed!

Minnie M
31st-May-2007, 08:29 PM
The southport weather situation (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3188)

ducasi
31st-May-2007, 09:13 PM
The southport weather situation (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3188)

According to the Weather Channel...

Friday

Night
Low: 11°C
Partly Cloudy
Wind: From the East Southeast at 8 mph
Precip: 20 %
Max. Humidity: 84 %

Saturday

Day
High: 22°C
Partly Cloudy
Wind: From the South Southeast at 11 mph
Max. Humidity: 68 %
UV Index: 6 High

Night
Low: 12°C
Showers Late
Wind: From the South at 7 mph
Precip: 30 %
Max. Humidity: 79 %

Sunday

Day
High: 17°C
Showers
Wind: From the South Southwest at 8 mph
Precip: 30 %
Max. Humidity: 81 %
UV Index: 5 Moderate

Night
Low: 12°C
Partly Cloudy
Wind: From the Northwest at 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 83 %

Monday

Day
High: 19°C
Partly Cloudy
Wind: From the North at 11 mph
Max. Humidity: 72 %
UV Index: 6 High

Based on this forecast, it looks like there is very little chance of rain all weekend! :clap:

BeccaB
31st-May-2007, 10:58 PM
One more shift at work, one more sleep and yeay I'm sooooo excited!!!
Suppose packing should commence about now ish! Must get some sleep too. See you all there :)

Twirlie Bird
1st-June-2007, 01:18 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: I'M FAR :clap: :clap: :clap: TOOOOOOOOOOOO
:clap: :clap: EXCITED :clap: :clap:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jamie
1st-June-2007, 02:21 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: I'M FAR :clap: :clap: :clap: TOOOOOOOOOOOO
:clap: :clap: EXCITED :clap: :clap:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Me 2 Babe!! ME 2!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lory
1st-June-2007, 04:56 AM
one more sleep

SLEEP? What's that :confused:

I sooo wanted to have a good nights sleep tonight but as usual, my mind wont shut down! :rolleyes: :tears:

Jamie
1st-June-2007, 04:59 AM
SLEEP? What's that :confused:

I sooo wanted to have a good nights sleep tonight but as usual, my mind wont shut down! :rolleyes: :tears:

Me 2!! Talk to me! I'm so bored! :sick:

Lory
1st-June-2007, 06:39 AM
Me 2!! Talk to me! I'm so bored! :sick:
Ooops sorry Jamie :blush: I visited the iTunes store... Fatal! :rolleyes:

Minnie M
1st-June-2007, 09:09 AM
OK - all packed and ready to go ..... hope to make the picnic area by 1pm

Gojive
1st-June-2007, 09:17 AM
OK - all packed and ready to go ..... hope to make the picnic area by 1pm

I think you'll have your work cut out... you really would have thought a service station of that size, would have a picnic area already made?

:na:

Have fun everyone :waycool:

Lynn
1st-June-2007, 09:18 AM
OK - all packed and ready to go ..... I knew there was something I should be doing this morning...

Heading off at lunctime. Safe journey everyone.

littlewiggle
1st-June-2007, 09:23 AM
Was too excited to sleep and stupidly left everything to the last minute.....decided to plant up hanging baskets instead of packing but getting on with it now so I may get some clothes sorted.....you better wish!:blush: Really looking forward to what I'm sure will be a fab weekend.

Little Monkey
1st-June-2007, 09:28 AM
Hmmmmm, yet another proof that I'm not a 'normal' girl..... I asked Trampy to give me an extra ten minutes before coming to pick me up (were going to leave at 9). At 9.20 I texted to ask where he was, and was told he'd be here in 15 minutes........ I guess he thought I meant 10 girly minutes (=at least half an hour), not actually 10 minutes! :confused:

Oh well, time to post on the forum, cuddle my dog, listen to music... :rolleyes:

jacksondonut
1st-June-2007, 09:49 AM
Hope you all have a safe trip today !!!!!!

looking forward to catching up with you all......:hug: :flower: :flower: :flower:

lots of love
Jan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Lynn
1st-June-2007, 09:59 AM
Hmmmmm, yet another proof that I'm not a 'normal' girl..... I asked Trampy to give me an extra ten minutes before coming to pick me up (were going to leave at 9). At 9.20 I texted to ask where he was, and was told he'd be here in 15 minutes........ I guess he thought I meant 10 girly minutes (=at least half an hour), not actually 10 minutes! :confused:

Man time eh?

HelenB
1st-June-2007, 10:31 AM
Bags packed :na:

The sun's shining :D (air con fixed :cool: )

Just got a few more bits of work to do :(

Then, Southport, here we come.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

See you all there :cheers: