View Full Version : Rockbottoms Liverpool March 2007

fletch
27th-February-2007, 09:14 AM
Rockbottom in Liverpool March 23rd to the 26th who's going :cheers:

I will be there :flower:

Drive time for me should be about 50 mins :clap:

straycat
27th-February-2007, 09:43 AM
We were booked on this, but a course got in the way, so we had to cancel :tears:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-February-2007, 11:04 AM
golf course ? :)

some nice moderator should add a Poll for poor IT-challenged Fletch :)

fletch
27th-February-2007, 02:42 PM
golf course ? :)

some nice moderator should add a Poll for poor IT-challenged Fletch :)

Would that make you happy then :rolleyes:

I hate to think of you been to troubled by my challenges in life :hug:

:flower:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-February-2007, 02:50 PM
Would that make you happy then :rolleyes:

I hate to think of you been to troubled by my challenges in life :hug:

ah but i like you ;)

Dan Hudson
27th-February-2007, 03:47 PM
not going :tears:

but its gonna be an awesome event:worthy: :clap:

fletch
27th-February-2007, 05:28 PM
not going :tears:

but its gonna be an awesome event:worthy: :clap:

Are you sure:confused: even with me and the children going :wink: :na:

it will :flower: I have the children fancy dress sorted they will look fab :clap:

1920's my best era :worthy:

Achaeco
27th-February-2007, 06:23 PM
Are you sure:confused: even with me and the children going :wink: :na:

it will :flower: I have the children fancy dress sorted they will look fab :clap:

1920's my best era :worthy:

Remenber it like yesterday hey fletch:wink: :whistle:

fletch
27th-February-2007, 06:40 PM
Remenber it like yesterday hey fletch:wink: :whistle:

No! that's the 2nd world war :na:

I think I lived though it in a former life :eek:

The children think they are still living through it now.:what: ...the way I am bringing them up is very similar,:hug: the old way are the best :love: they will be glad when they are older :respect:

Lindsay
28th-February-2007, 12:52 PM
Look forward to seeing you there Fletch, should be a great w'end :clap:

mick s
28th-February-2007, 01:05 PM
Not been to an RB event before where can I find details about it and how much does it cost?

What is music like/dance styles?

Lindsay
28th-February-2007, 01:46 PM
Details are here (http://www.jivelive.com/rockbottoms/liverpool_march/index.htm) There's usually music for modern jive, WCS , Lindy, Blues, Latin... everything really. Great DJ line-up.

fletch
1st-March-2007, 08:59 AM
Look forward to seeing you there Fletch, should be a great w'end :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i'm really looking forward to this weekend, especially getting up and having breckfast in my PJ'S :sick: :na:

Simon r
1st-March-2007, 11:18 AM

i'm really looking forward to this weekend, especially getting up and having breckfast in my PJ'S :sick: :na:

We taught at our first Rock bottoms in november and it was fantastic ...

Great atmosphere lovely people and just so relaxed...

it was like a weekend party with your mates.

The only thing if it is your first rock bottoms you are fair game for tricks and general slapping...

See you all at Liverpool

Simon

Mary
1st-March-2007, 11:45 AM
Not been to an RB event before where can I find details about it and how much does it cost?

What is music like/dance styles?

I think the RB weekenders are great, you would really enjoy it. I much prefer them to the big weekenders. Wish I was going to the Liverpool one.

Hmm. If someone has a cancellation I guess I could be a hero and take their place...........only as a massive favour mind.........:devil:

M

fletch
1st-March-2007, 11:47 AM
We taught at our first Rock bottoms in november and it was fantastic ...

Great atmosphere lovely people and just so relaxed...

it was like a weekend party with your mates.

The only thing if it is your first rock bottoms you are fair game for tricks and general slapping...

See you all at Liverpool

Simon

I think I might just be able to cope, after all I have been a general slapper for years :eek: :wink: :D

We have done beach boogie I think it might be on the same lines :confused:

well up up for the 'crack' as you know :cheers:

see you there,:flower: and proberbly tomorrow at STORM and i'm doing the asking :wink:

fletch
1st-March-2007, 11:49 AM
I think the RB weekenders are great, you would really enjoy it. I much prefer them to the big weekenders. Wish I was going to the Liverpool one.

Hmm. If someone has a cancellation I guess I could be a hero and take their place...........only as a massive favour mind.........:devil:

M

there are still a couple of places you need a man to book with :cheers:

Mick s is all man :innocent:

:hug:

Hevmate
10th-March-2007, 04:14 PM

M

Thanks Mary,
I do still have room and can do a 'special deal' for a group of forumites :-) just get in touch xx
I met Franck last night and want to book him, what an awsome dancer!!

fletch
10th-March-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks Mary,
I do still have room and can do a 'special deal' for a group of forumites :-) just get in touch xx
I met Franck last night and want to book him, what an awsome dancer!!

He's fab I managed two with him :worthy:

Shame you didn't have one with Jamie he's a pussy cat,:hug: just read the other treads :whistle:

I was so glad to fing out that Chef and Comis chef are going :clap:

I have a freind (forum) that wants to book but I havn't found a man for her to book with (story of my life) :D if you have a man book Hev can you let me know she realy wants to come :flower:

fletch
19th-March-2007, 09:32 AM
We have the run up to Rockbottons weekender.:clap:

just had the 'what to do' list from Hev, looks like i'm shopping for silly slippers this week.:sick: :waycool:

See you all there who going :cheers:

fletch
26th-March-2007, 04:51 PM
Just back and have to go to work in a bit :tears: children are assleep on the sofa, will post details and photo's tomorow but,

ROCKBOTTOMS

ROCKS

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

animaltalk
27th-March-2007, 12:26 AM
FAB Weekend - Shattered - Beautiful building - Sleep now

Lindsay
28th-March-2007, 03:45 PM
Ditto above... As a Bottomz virgin I was dead impressed... Every little detail was taken care of, Tor, Hev, Andy and Jon - you did a great job! :) I loved the nice touches- the fans in the rooms, tea and cake at 1am, balloons & other toys to play with, and the friendly team. The DJs were ace, without doubt the best in the UK, imo. The cabaret was totally brilliant, what a fab show that was!! Thanks so much for inviting me to teach, I had an absolute ball, lovely crowd of people and an awesome weekend :grin: When's the next one? :respect: :love: :worthy:

Chef
28th-March-2007, 04:38 PM
I enjoyed this weekender. The Rockbottoms crew always seem to do things slickly.

Good points.

Venue was really nice and never felt crowded.

The lessons were of a very high standard.

The hotel was grand and easy to reach by train (can't comment about road access).

The Cabaret by Adam and Taz. It was the first time that I have seen a STANDING ovation (and joined in) for a cabaret. Made even more impressive because of the calibre of the other people performing that night (Cat and Lee, Roy and Yuko, Simon and Nicole, Gary and Sarah Boon, Mick Wenger and Jo). To stand out in that company is some achevement. They wonderfully engaged both with the music and with the audience.

Bad bits.

Some of the staff of the hotel were just not up to the task. Some people ended up waiting for an hour for a sandwich only to be told that they had no more food and since there was only one person to cope in the kitchen their order would not be fulfilled. They could have said that an hour earlier.

It would have been nice to have somewhere to dance to slower music. (main room fast, swing room even faster).

fletch
28th-March-2007, 04:41 PM
well, just about got time to post about Liverpool.:sick:

Not surpassingly I loved it, but its wouldn't be for everyone, the people that I normally spend time with at weekenders are used to a much faster pace, freestlying all day and night, this isn't what Rock Bottom's is about. it has a genuinely warm friendly atmosphere ideal for couples or as I was with the children.:flower:

I experienced some firsts for me 'chef' tugged on my heart strings and said I should support the children who had decided they wanted to do the cabaret, so I went in for it, :eek: I wanted to pull out at the end but Linsey persuaded me I would be ok, thank you you're right:hug: and gave me so much support and encouragement you would have thought I was one of the children, your fab.:worthy:

I also went to breakfast in my curlers and did the 'can can' routine to be told we will do this tonight before the cabaret,:eek: flipping hec I was now in two cabarets,:rolleyes: how did that happen,:confused: it was fun, managed to find a swish'ey dress and a pair of hold ups, :wink: Simon, Nicole and Cat were at the front of the audience there face was a picture when I lifted up my dress and flashed my 'Briget Jones' :whistle:

and can I just say ........I DID A CLASS .........

it was Gary's lindy hop class wow! he was my 'lucky find' for the weekend not for 'lindy' he's and old Punk, we had fun dancing to 'the passenger' on Sunday (well I did anyway):cheers:

Joe learnt some new moves, even if it was just how to try and get another dance from Yuko, I know he's my boy but he does make me laugh the children made friends with another girl Becky, she was 15, Joe said to me on the Sunday afternoon, if I get tired tonight mom, i'm going to ask Becky is she wants to watch TV in our room for a while is that OK, nice try Joe, but I don't think she would be interested your 9.:whistle:

it was nice to see some familiar faces to hang around with :hug: Karen (long red hair, braces on her teeth) John (looks like Jamie) from Daventry :clap:

I had some fantastic dances with a handsome young man called Anthony (ickel chicken's new bow) he's going far.:respect:

Ok so lets make some on the forum 'puke' so heres the bit about true beauty..........Nicole and Tas you are the people with beauty that sine's trough.:love:

Simon .........can't wait till we get you at Beach Boogie....anyway thought you said you didn't like kids, could have fooled me, or was it a good act, thank you both. :hug:

Best laughs of all were late at night, kids in bed dancing over sitting around chatting, John Brett you talk a load of rubbish, how do you make it so funny, :rofl: Rob Ambridge you own my a whiping :na: , cheekiest comment of the weekend Andy said I was OK for any 'old bird' not bad from a one trick pony.:D Funniest sight this weekend Nett summersaulting over the floor.:rofl: Flynn best track 'Happy People' :worthy:

The cabaret were wonderful, the professional ones I mean.:respect:

Thank you Martin for looking after me :hug: you and Becky are the best :love:

HevMate I want to come back, your the 'Happy People' I 'want to spend time with' well organised and well put togethere :respect:

overall there weekend was

:respect: :worthy: :clap: :respect: :worthy: :clap: :worthy: :clap: :respect: :worthy: :clap: :respect: :worthy: :clap:

fletch
28th-March-2007, 04:56 PM
The hotel was grand and easy to reach by train (can't comment about road access).

The Cabaret by Adam and Taz. It was the first time that I have seen a STANDING ovation (and joined in) for a cabaret.Bad bits.

Some of the staff of the hotel were just not up to the task. Some people ended up waiting for an hour for a sandwich only to be told that they had no more food and since there was only one person to cope in the kitchen their order would not be fulfilled. They could have said that an hour earlier.

easy to reach for me :D

Adam an Tas were FAb so were the others but there's just had something else, I know Adam & Tas don't read the forum, so next time some one see's Adam & Tas can they please tell her how good we though they were :worthy:

TAS you are FAB

Love from Mddie and Joe :love:

the service was crap :mad: so I went and got a load of stuff for after the dancing and we had a 'picknick' and not mentioning any names but some one ate my 'wallnut whip' :tears:

you just wait till Saturday whan your DJing at Daventy :na:

Wes
28th-March-2007, 06:14 PM
I take it that you enjoyed yourself then Fletch!

fletch
29th-March-2007, 01:27 PM
I take it that you enjoyed yourself then Fletch!

you know me Wes it takes a lot for me not to enjoy myself

memo to self send John my passport details :(

fletch
29th-March-2007, 01:35 PM
spider man, spider man, does whatever a spider can :rofl:

lifes beautiful people, me and Simon R

super heroes me and phil from Exeter

fletch
29th-March-2007, 01:43 PM
Martin and me, Joe maddie, Tas, Karren

fletch
29th-March-2007, 01:47 PM
more pic's

fletch
29th-March-2007, 01:50 PM
more.......

why arn't my photo's showing properly :sad:

fletch
29th-March-2007, 01:53 PM
more......

Twirlie Bird
29th-March-2007, 02:36 PM
Great pictures Fletch. There seems to be a lot of the guy in the hat :whistle:

Love the black and silver dress :awe:

fletch
29th-March-2007, 04:01 PM
Great pictures Fletch. There seems to be a lot of the guy in the hat :whistle:

Love the black and silver dress :awe:

thanks honey,:flower: I was trying to do a 'flapper thing' it was only on for about 30 mins :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with me :wink: he has joined the forum johnjohn,come get posting :flower: I think I had just about managed to work this new camera and he was the practice modle. :what:

I forgot to say 'shay' my number one dance partner was there:clap: and I didn't have to que for him,:worthy: well not on the dance floor
:whistle:

Lindsay
30th-March-2007, 02:03 PM
Fletch - u did great in routine, knew u could :wink: :hug: